• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One review embargoes lift Nov 19th (Tuesday 9PM PT/12AM EST)

Polygon rating the Xbone higher than PS4 is par for the course, expected by literally everyone. They have carved that reputation out for themselves

But what if based on their experience with it xbox one currently is better than the Playstation 4? It's about the whole package not just system specs. Sounds like a bunch of excuses to discredit them for not reviewing how you want them too.

Into

But what if based on their experience with it xbox one currently is better than the Playstation 4? It's about the whole package not just system specs. Sounds like a bunch of excuses to discredit them for not reviewing how you want them too.

Lets make one thing perfectly clear, i dont want them to do anything. So get that out of your mind. This is not me telling them what to do, their reputation is one they created on their own.

I am explaining to the poster i quoted what would actually be surprising and shocking. And Polygon rating Xbox higher is not shocking, its par for the course. Nobody expects Polygon to review the Xbox One lower than the PS4, that simply will not and cannot happen.

Other sites can do that and nobody would bat an eye, review either consoles higher and it would not be major news. But the reputation Polygon has built around themselves means that if they were to review the Xbox One lower, that would truly be shocking, not because someone prefers the PS4, but because they did it.

RulkezX

As a European should I take 1.0 from the score given half the features being reviewed dont exist for a sizeable portion of buyers.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Why the hate for Polygon ?
A lot of people seem to think they are Microsoft shills, but i've seen xbone games score lower than they did on other websites ??
Is it because of that killzone review ? lol

Where have you been the last .... year or so? No it's not because of the Killzone review

frayne182

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90387389&postcount=4

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90378575&postcount=51

Is there any thing you want to talk about then? You seem dissatisfied with many threads. Thread whining is not looked well upon here

Polygon is a site that reviews games and tech, this is a review thread = ?

so lets talk about reviews then. And not the same website over and over again complaining about them as a company basing our thoughts off of rumours. They review games and consoles and have been fair in my opinion on the reviews they do. They have rated 360 games worse then PS3 games in the past.

Why the hate for Polygon ?
A lot of people seem to think they are Microsoft shills, but i've seen xbone games score lower than they did on other websites ??
Is it because of that killzone review ? lol

I still think there Forza Horizon review was comically bad.

Into

so lets talk about reviews then. And not the same website over and over again complaining about them as a company basing our thoughts off of rumours. They review games and consoles and have been fair in my opinion on the reviews they do. They have rated 360 games worse then PS3 games in the past.

Then talk about reviews? What is holding you back from doing just that? Is a post containing the word "Polygon" somehow holding you back? Blocking your "Post Reply" button?

Polygon is a review website, their review games and consoles, and they will review the Xbox One games and console, hence this topic.

If you dont like a particular discussion, then don't reply to it, and just steer discussion your way. But dont whine about what you want when you are not starting any discussion yourself

mrklaw

MrArseFace
so tomorrow morning UK time for hardware reviews and checking out archived streams (if available), and then tomorrow afternoon 2pm for Forza reviews..

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Well, there's Philip Kollar's TLoU review, but that operates under the fallacy that if you don't love the game you MUST be an MS fanboy, ignoring it's the kind of linear narrative driven shooter adventure that many people are sick and tired of seeing. It was just fresh enough for me (combined with renting it) but I can easily see others not feeling the same way. Even for me it was more "this is the best game of its type" than "this is the best game of the year."

but if they were tired of a linear narrative driven shooter adventure, they probably wouldn't have given Bioshock: Infinite a 10?

Ambient80

Waiting "patiently" for console reviews. :)

Any idea what time today they will be posted?

Jeez... you know when you wake up and you are just CERTAIN that it is one day, when it is in fact another? Yeah, that's me. I was absolutely convinced today was Wednesday when I woke up. Sadly, I was incorrect.

Man, even with the hour the embargo ends MS shows it doesn't really care about Europe.

Really? I just don't feel particularly upset (UK) that the console embargo ends at 5am. Forza one ends at 2pm, Ryse is 11am (I think), its not really a big deal.

As a European should I take 1.0 from the score given half the features being reviewed dont exist for a sizeable portion of buyers.

Canadians too, numerous features over the years were only available to US only users. as for NFL, i don't care about that either.

Man, even with the hour the embargo ends MS shows it doesn't really care about Europe.

Are you missing an 'l' from your name?

This way i get to read it in the morning when GAF hasn't keeled over and folded into itself when the embargo does lift - which is fine by me.

hoos30

What do we care? It's not like MS, Sony, et al don't want to sell you services. It your own crazy laws and media media structure that is holding you back, not the platform holders.

Xone9

Banned
just picked these up at BB

photo%289%29.JPG

Prine

Banned
For God sake get over Polygon. I'm expecting favourable Xbox reviews from most sites due to the OS, XBL and games. Also MS announced a whole bunch of games at e3 proving they have a great gaming future ahead.

Seriously the butthurting should be taken elsewhere. Everything fucking xbox thread.

Saw the Box and packaking for the first time. The Cases are really nice, smaller and thiner than the 360, also the logo is shiny and it's not flat but comes out of the case.

The Box is also a lot smaller than the PS4's for no reason whatsoever. The PS4 is freaking huge and I don't know why. Still sold out everywhere :(

Saw the Box and packaking for the first time. The Cases are really nice, smaller and thiner than the 360, also the logo is shiny and it's not flat but comes out of the case.

The Box is also a lot smaller than the PS4's for no reason whatsoever. The PS4 is freaking huge and I don't know why. Still sold out everywhere :(

Factually incorrect because

1. Dimensions wise xbox one is bigger than ps4
2. There is a power brick in the box as well
3. Ps4 only has the console, controller and wires in a very tight package with very little manouverability

Add up 1 2 and 3 and its near impossible the xbox one box is bigger than ps4

Ps4 is a rectangle which is very thin, xbox one box must be a square but deeper and you must have seen it up front only

For God sake get over Polygon. I'm expecting favourable Xbox reviews from most sites due to the OS, XBL and games. Also MS announced a whole bunch of games at e3 proving they have a great gaming future ahead.

Seriously the butthurting should be taken elsewhere. Everything fucking xbox thread.
You know what's worst? All the freaking thread whining.

Factually incorrect because

1. Dimensions wise xbox one is bigger than ps4
2. There is a power brick in the box as well
3. Ps4 only has the console, controller and wires in a very tight package with very little manouverability

Add up 1 2 and 3 and its near impossible the xbox one box is bigger than ps4

Ps4 is a rectangle which is very thin, xbox one box must be a square but deeper and you must have seen it up front only

Unless the Gamestop boxes are different, then the PS4 boxes are a clean 50% bigger. I saw them both side to side.

Raxus

Looking forward to the hardware reviews. I like the UI but I am worried about the lag snapping between apps. PS4 has been buttery smooth for me so far.

Top Bottom