• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One review embargoes lift Nov 19th (Tuesday 9PM PT/12AM EST)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Killer Instinct seems to have turned itself around decently, I look forward to that dev interview in a few weeks.

mcrommert

Banned
Man Lococycle reviews are brutal...its as bad as it seemed to be

Hopefully this is the low point for Twisted Pixel as they are a great dev otherwise

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Everything seems spot on for what I was expecting, although Crimson Dragon is a lot lower than I would have hoped. Game looks cool.

Surprisingly good reviews. Disappointed Gaf isn't down, I guess we Xbox fans just accept the reviews instead of making multiple threads outraging or write to words, whatever makes GAF goes down.

Gammacide

Not surprising about Ryse as it will likely not be the shining gem MS is touting it as. It will probably be seen for the extremely well-polished turd that it is (i.e. a game that is stunning to look at but everything else in it is pure shit). That said, I see 6s-8s for review scores because MS has put SOOO much money into marketing it that somehow it will not fail too badly (of course, one might consider 6s-8s a failure too).

Lococycle - 1.5/5

joystiq....

This is really surprising. A huge disappointment.

2lt1xkm.png

Cornbread78

Surprisingly good reviews. Disappointed Gaf isn't down, I guess we Xbox fans just accept the reviews instead of making multiple threads outraging or write to words, whatever makes GAF goes down.

Damn dude, 'dat persecution complex. It's 9 am top 6am in NA.... Do you really think the site would be down right now? It's actualy been holding strong lately with 60K+ online....

hoos30

I'd say Ryse might be an actual example of an embargo'd review for quality reasons rather than review fairness, but Forza throws a wrench into that. Or so I'd hope, though they may worry it'll review WELL but get docked for lacking in cars/tracks relative to the first.

MS is spreading out the reviews so that they fill the entire news cycle for the week.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Passive aggression aside, the games that everyone cares about reviews for are still embargoed as are all console impressions.

Feorax

So far, it looks like;

1. The XB1 does have the the better launch lineup.

2. But not by much at all.

Both PS4 and XB1 seem to have their shining stars and their duds. Typical launch really.

I'm not expecting Forza 5 or Ryse to be good or bad enough to swing the pendulum much.

So far, it looks like;

Both PS4 and XB1 seem to have their shining stars and their duds. Typical launch really.

I'm not expecting Forza 5 or Ryse to be good or bad enough to swing the pendulum much.

None of them have system sellers as whichever system gamers buy COD And Bf4 for will have the lead .

NHale

Why are you so disappointed with the reviews? They are just numbers and letters.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Middling scores, middling scores everywhere!

You might actually think these are acutally (gasp!) launch games after all.
None of the exclusives are remotely system sellers so far. Keeping the dream alive for F5, and Ryse, but I have some serious doubts.

These things will have to sell on multiplats, mostly.

Kurt

Can wii say launch (avg scores)

wii u > xbox one > ps4 ?

Well we still do not have all reviews from xbox one.
So maybe forza could deliver.

Special C

So about the multiplats. Are they going to be reviewed or should I just look up the PS4 reviews? (I'm at work and can't get to videogame sites to check.)

So about the multiplats. Are they going to be reviewed or should I just look up the PS4 reviews?

Yeah just look at the PS4 reviews.

Doubt anyone would drop any sort of score because of worse looks.

Also nothing has beaten Res0gun score wise yet. Killzone got 80's, Res0gun got high 80's, 90's. Flower and Sound Shapes also high 90's.

Will they ever review Warframe, Blacklight, DCOU PS4, etc.?

You're annoyed Gaf didn't crash which means Xbox fans are more accepting? I don't see the logic here, all I get is that people were way more excited about the first next gen reviews and to be honest wasn't everyone kind of 'meh' about these games anyway?

Plus the threads for the Playstation exclusives tend to go on a lot longer because people are a bit more excited for Killzone, inFamous, etc... as they are franchises people care about, Dead Rising has always been an okay series but not a 'let's discuss this for hours' series and the rest are basically new IPs aside from Forza and KI

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I never even read reviews to decide to buy a game or not but the scores the games have been getting so far is encouraging. Seems like a pretty good set of games coming out and I'm happy about that.

So far, it looks like;

I don't disagree but bare in mind we're still waiting on two of the big retail games from MS. Forza I think will do well, perhaps criticism over the amount of content in the game. Ryse will be a mixed bag, technically great, criticisms over gameplay? I think Xbox One launch as far as games go is looking extremely promising.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Okay, here's my predictions for today:

Dead Rising 3: 71
Killer Instinct: 89
LocoCycle: 75
Crimson Dragon: 69
Powerstar Golf: 72
Zoo Tycoon: 70

High hopes for Killer Instinct.

Not bad!

screenshot2013-11-18aincoo.png

Zoo Tycoon and DR3 better than I expected, KI, CD and LocoCycle did worse.
It'll take a little bit of time for all the reviews to settle in though.

Not bad!

screenshot2013-11-18aincoo.png

Zoo Tycoon and DR3 better than I expected, KI, CD and LocoCycle did worse.
It'll take a little bit of time for all the reviews to settle in though.

You should wait at least a day or 2. I've seen Killzone Shadow Fall jumping from 70 to 76 to 74 in like 3 or 4 days.

Ishan

i fully expect forza to be the differentiating factor.

so far it seems

dr3 is around the level but somewhat better than kz
resogun is better than ki
i expect ryse to be better than knack.

but forza is giong to kill it. also xbox has golf and crimson dragon

MS has the significantly better launch exclusives. Sony needed killzone to match up to forza and driveclub to match up to dr3. I'm getting a ps4 but I think as far as exclusives are concerned its clear MS has won launch easily.

Overall on launch, lets see how the hardware and softwares updates/reliability pan out over the next month or so and how well people can figure out resolution differences in multiplat etc. However MS has the definite upper hand on exclusives so far.

My predictions
from Polygon's upcoming XB1 review
:

DR3 - 10.0 "no PS4 Zombie Game, Sony's scared $hitless at this one"
Ryse- 10.0 "PS4 can't entertain liek us, this game proves just how Medevil Sony's hardware really is compared to the XB1"
Forza - 10 "No PS4 Racer, and no delays here. It's the best next gen racing sim period"
Killer Instinct - 10.0 "No PS4 Fighter, Sony can't stand in the ring with these guys"
Lococyle - 9.5 "innovative and beautiful; Jaffe's a joke compared to this.."
Crimson Dragon - 9.0 "Sony only blows smoke out their ass, our dragons set the world ablaze with fire, look at Liar, hahahahahah"
Powerstar Golf - 10 " XB1's got some balls, which obviously, the PS4 lacks.......winning"
Zoo Tycoon - 8.5 "No PS4 strategy game, again,we, I mean XB1's got all the giraffe's on its side, come create in our world."

url

Saw this on Google and could'nt pass it up... So true, people talk a lot of smack, but you know they are gonna buy the XB1 eventually...

EDIT:

OH $hit, althought the above was a joke post, damn, Poly was harsh on MS games..... now that is kinda amazing....

Or maybe they are an actual reviewer who isn't going to pull punches?

I really fail to understand some of the hate around Polygon. They can only survive if they are unbiased, why would they willingly favor a console?

Elios83

So far nothing special.
The missing reviews will be interesting: Ryse and Forza 5.
It seems like we have to wait for the best and worst, night and day :p

Top Bottom