• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse: Son Of Rome |Reviews| It's going to be a bloodbath!

Lebron

Ryse proves that xb1 is a half baked nextgen machine more than any information yet released.

To get a game to look nextgen the game has to run at 900p have a pretty terrible framerate, have limited gameplay freedom, and then on top of that have prerendered cinematics.

System and this game are a joke. Only thing redeemable is KI.
This serious post right here though

inrpQUUF9aq42.gif

RetroStu

Banned
So it averages out at about a 6 over all the reviews and people are creaming themselves over this?, it was obvious that this was a 5 to 7 rated game, decent but thats it.

Also its very interesting that this thread is 20+ pages long yet the threads for the games with good reviews are like 6 or 7 pages long and are days older, hmmm.

Respawn

Banned
Not at all. Heavenly sword had a choppy/inconsistent framerate, no multiplayer and a shorter campaign than Ryse, and i still loved Heavenly Sword. Expecting the same with Ryse.

Multiplayer? Why would it have multiplayer? Even the first Uncharted did not have multiplayer.

Not sure why this game got hyped sooo much. Im getting an xbox but from everything they showed about this game it looked right on par with the review scores... or maybe it just didn't catch my interest. Microsoft, why cant u just make one of your staple games a launch title? Halo? Gears? or like a new Fable (lol). At least something that will generate legit hype and score well, also helping sell the system. Forza? meh.

Also its very interesting that this thread is 20+ pages long yet the threads for the games with good reviews are like 6 or 7 pages long and are days older, hmmm.

So what you're implying is that bad reviews cause more discussion just like the Knack review thread, I see. Good astute observation.

RetroStu

Banned
Ryse proves that xb1 is a half baked nextgen machine more than any information yet released.

To get a game to look nextgen the game has to run at 900p have a pretty terrible framerate, have limited gameplay freedom, and then on top of that have prerendered cinematics.

Thats some serious spin to turn the best looking next gen game into a negative, impressive work.

So after all the hype it turns out PS4 actually has the best launch exclusive with Resogun? Altho that is not to say Ryse being a hot steam of garbage was unexpected.

It was going to happen.

Not many expected it to do extremely well since it was announced and it performed pretty much as expected.

This thread has been "in the works". Just take it for what it is.

This serious post right here though

inrpQUUF9aq42.gif

Thats some serious spin to turn the best looking next gen game into a negative, impressive work.

Sorry I am spitting fire. BUt the game looking good proves nothing if its framerate is bad, gameplay is bad, and where even the tamest of cinematics have to be prerendered.

Sure it looks "good" but its sacrafices to get there are just bad form and horrible design goals.

Unlike Crysis 1 where the graphics enabled gameplay in a lot of ways (along with having some interesting design ideas) and could stand the test of time due to machiens becoming more powerful... this game screams all of the problems of AAA that GAF in general hates. It will only look good once. Its performance and combat will never get better.

Ever.

It will fall into obscurity and marr the Xb1 reputation even more so than it already has been.

RetroStu

Banned
It was going to happen.

Not many expected it to do extremely well since it was announced and it performed pretty much as expected.

This thread has been "in the works". Just take it for what it is.

Thats my point, everyone expected average reviews and it got average reviews so why are certain users salavating over this?.

Thats my point, everyone expected average reviews and it got average reviews so why are certain users salavating over this?.

The same reason certain users jerked off for hours at Knacks low scores. People are looking for additional weaknesses. Don't act like this is a platform biased issue.

Is it the best looking next gen game though? I mean, you do understand that such things are absolutely a matter of opinion right? Technically we can argue for one game above another as the most technically impressive title (and Ryse wouldn't win there), but if we're taking art into account... it's absolutely a matter of opinion that Ryse is the best looking launch title... no spin required.

Grisby

Watched some GB footage and it seemed like an ok rent. Whenever I get around to watching the TV series 'Rome' I'll give this a look.

Ricky_R

Whats better?, and no its not Killzone, most journo's agree as well judging form the reviews and streams.

I don't know man. I haven't played Ryse obviously, but I have seen footage, and while it looks great, KZ looks fucking amazing and it's doing it at 1080p with pretty good framerate.

Always wondered why I never heard "haaaaaaave ya seen Ryse?".
Hopefully though this is like a Knack situation and it's actually a decent game.

Vitor711

The actual review text is glowing. Reads like a 10 and what Halo did for the original Xbox lol

Lol whut? Did you read the same review?

The only thing he gushes over (and rightfully so) is the technical merits of the visuals and the artistry on display in terms of varied settings and turning Roman England into something more fantastical.

He complains at length about the gameplay.

Jarnet87

Crytek gonna Crytek. If it wasn't for their ability to put out great visuals, these guys would of been shut down long ago. Awful developer.

Kyon

Banned

Did you lie?

Top Bottom