• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Might as well wait until it's all out. You never know when there will be another SINS incident lol.
For me it's a matter of wanting to play the whole season in a single sitting, and not having to wait months between each episode. I have no problem with the current price, but I'm going to wait until all episodes are released (besides, it'll probably be cheaper by then, and that won't hurt at all).

Does anyone here know where I could find a good cheap USB 4.0 dongle? My PS3 cord is being really off and on lately, so I think it's time I started using it wireless on my PC instead.

I'm looking at the prices on Amazon and almost all of the 4.0's are priced $10 and above. I'm not expecting it to be like $2, but $10 seems like a little much.

Caerith

So I finally caught up with this thread and I see a lot of people seem confused with Civ V's various DLC and editions. Here's the best breakdown I can manage:

Civilization V (vanilla) - includes:
  • Base game
First wave of DLC:
  • Babylon
  • Spain and Inca
  • Polynesia
  • Denmark
  • Explorer's Map Pack
  • Cradle of Civilization:
    • Mediterranean
    • Asia
    • Americas
    • Mesopotamia
Civilization V GOTY (no longer available on Steam) - includes:
  • Civilization V (vanilla)
  • All DLC listed above.
Second wave of DLC:
  • Wonders of the Ancient World
  • Korea
Gods & Kings (expansion)
  • Adds Religion
  • Adds nine civilizations
Civilization V Gold - includes:
  • Civilization V GOTY
  • All DLC listed above.
  • Gods & Kings
Third wave of DLC:
  • Scrambled Continents
  • Scrambled Nations
  • maybe other stuff that hasn't come out yet?
Brave New World (expansion)
  • Seriously revamps Culture and Trade
  • Adds nine civilizations
Civilization V Complete - doesn't exist yet, hasn't been announced, might include:
  • Civilization V Gold
  • All DLC listed above.
  • Brave New World
To own everything worth having, get Gold + BNW. If you bought vanilla previously, get Upgrade to Gold + BNW. The newest DLCs (Scrambled maps) don't add any civs or any achievements, so you're not missing much by not having them.

Dr Dogg

Please tell me that Castlevania: Lord of Shadows is going to be ten bucks again

This sale? Probably not but seeing as Amazon, Steam and I think a few other had it at $10 and with the Winter sale carrying the same discounts you'll see it again at that price very soon.

Edit: Or what Turfster said ^

-MD-

Have most of the games I'd want already! This is werid though... haven't bought a thing this sale.

Same boat. The first 4-5 steam sales were so fun but the last 2-3 I've just slept through cause I (for the most part) own every game I want.

UrbanRats

Anyone else having problems logging into the steam website? I put in the username/pass and when i click "SIGN IN" nothing happens, like i was clicking on nothing.
Every other button in the page works.

Java is up to date, btw.

Clawww

Wife bought Wolf Among Us, glad to say I didn't, I enjoy actually playing my games, not passively watching them.

I mean, I could see a great value in a game like this if it was say of the caliber of a Kubrick film like The Shining, where you make these decisions but mainly watch a extremely well performed/voiced, cinematographic if you will and have a really cool experience that way. But as it stands it's still very sophomoric for my tastes and certainly nothing Oscar-worthy.

Take this scene for instance. I totally wouldn't mind passively watching that scene with small user interactions here and there. But I've yet to find the kind of story or scene in any game that could grab my full attention like that. If TellTale is serious about continuing this "trend" they need better story writers and especially better voiced/acted talent to really capture moments like those in cinema. Imo.

I feel you, man. Games have a long way to go when it comes to certain things. But surely you can see why TellTale's games are appealing even if they don't live up to great film or literature.

-MD-

$10 Shadow Warrior gonna happen still, right y'all

I just gotta believe here.

images

SW is awesome btw, $10 is a steal.

Caerith

Fallout 3keeps crashing on my laptop. It'll run fine for a while, and suddenly I'll get an error saying it ran out of memory and bam, it's done.

I'm not sure how it runs out of memory, since I have 8 gigs of ram that should be more than sufficent for a game of its age. I'm not even running it at full settings.

As others have said, the gamebryo engine is a piece of shit. I used this site to get New Vegas to stop crashing, so maybe you'll have some luck with it?

Cheddahz

Banned
Something to celebrate my return from the land of banished members

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Hexagon -- MB-1569FE4B1E75D35D - Taken by Copons. 11 entrants total.

t1385959728z1.png

denx

Finally it refreshed.

Wow, Deadpool -75%. Maybe I should keep my hopes up that Fall of Cybertron will go on a similar sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom