• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Rumor/Prophecy Thread -- Super Smash Star Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Edag Plata said:
So if we add in the vets that we KNOW are going to be in the game that haven't been revealed yet, we're still looking at 2-4 more new characters we don't know about?

More like 7 if we give the benefit of the doubt to Jigglypuff

A Link to the Snitch said:
As for stages, I want one stage for each character if at all possible, with the exception of Pokémon (two stages is fine).
As long as we get at least one stage for each franchise, I'll be happy. It still bothers me that Fire Emblem didn't get even one stage in Melee.

Akai

Jiggy37 said:
By the standards of "35" characters I'd predict:

1-12, confirmed veterans: Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Fox, Samus(/Zero Suit Samus), Zelda/Sheik, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Peach, Ice Climbers

13-23, confirmed newcomers: Pit, Wario, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, Snake, Lucas, Sonic, King Dedede, Olimar

24-31, unconfirmed veterans: Captain Falcon, Luigi, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Falco, Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Young Link (WW Link)

32-35, unconfirmed newcomers: Animal Crossing character, series #19 character who may or may not be Lip, series #22 character who also may or may not be Lip, bizarre Nintendo DS symbol character nobody sees coming

The thing that disturbs me about predicting this way is that it means there are only four newcomers not revealed yet--but I'm almost 100% sure Captain Falcon, Luigi, Ganondorf, and Mr. Game & Watch aren't going anywhere, I'd give Jigglypuff an 85% chance, and Marth/Falco/Young Link get at least 75% from me. (But, in fairness and against my own stance, I will say I would have also given Ness a 75% chance before we heard about this 35 character thing.) I'm not about to write them off.
There's no point in the denial...Falco's totally getting replaced by Krystal and GAF will cry... ='D

WastingPenguins said:
Game & Watch is the most underappreciated, underrated character in the game. People pick him once, flip sausages, laugh, then never play as him ever again. He's got his problems but he's far from the unplayable joke that people claim he is. One of the most creative, original characters in Melee-- I'll be sad if he doesn't return, hopefully with a defensive overhaul.

And how in the world can you lump Jigglypuff in there? She's an original Smasher with a very unique playstyle, and generally just a really good character.
I said any pokemon but jigg/pikachu. I doubt there will be any at all. Mewtwo was the definition of gimmick, and Pokemon Trainer more than makes up for cutting whatever that runt's name is and Mewtwo.

KevinCow

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
Third party characters that would deserve to be in off the top of my head...

Final Fantasy I Black Mage, White Mage, Fighter, Theif, etc. Hero character from DQI... Banjo, Golden Sun characters, the one who's name I shall not speak...

Probably a few I'm missing.

A lot I'm missing.
Banjo isn't third-party. He's just first-party to a company that is not Nintendo.

Firestorm said:
k, I can understand not believing but this is just reaching!

Oh, don't put me down. I said it was just a theory, and I explained my reasons.

One thing I also left out is, if they're hurting for secret characters so badly, why reveal Olimar? We didn't need to see him, he would've been a great surprise. Or are they so hurting for updates to the Dojo after the delays that they decided to start showing secret characters two weeks or so before even the pre-delay release date. If there's only a handful of surprises left, why blow one of the potentially bigger ones early?

PkunkFury

This is an interesting roster prediction on Smash Boards posted by ChronoBound. It combines some of the most likely leaks and fits both of MarkMan's comments: that almost all characters are returning and that the roster is 35:

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3760538&postcount=306

ChronoBound said:
Again here is the 35 character roster if NyaseNya, ChaosZero, Serebii, and ShadowXOR are to believed:

1. Mario
2. Luigi (mentioned by no one, but would they really cut him)
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf (returning according to ChaosZero)
10. Toon Link (playable according to NyaseNya)

11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco (returning according to ChaosZero)
18. Wolf (playable according to ChaosZero)

19. Pikachu
20. Pokemon Trainer
22. Lucario (playable according to ChaosZero and implied by Serebii)
23. Ike
25. Lucas
26. Ness (returning according to NyaseNya, ChaosZero, and ShadowXOR)
27. Wario
28. Pikmin & Olimar
29. Captain Falcon (returning according to ChaosZero and ShadowXOR)
30. Ice Climbers
31. Pit
32. Mr. Game & Watch (returning according to NyaseNya)
34. Snake
35. Sonic

21. Jigglypuff (implied by Serebii)

24. Marth (returning according to ShadowXOR)
33. R.O.B. (playable according to ShadowXOR)

For reference on where these leaks come from:

ChaosZero is the guy who predicted exactly what the Dragoon item did about a month before it was revealed. He mentioned 4 or 5 characters alongside it, as you can see above

NyaseNya predicted the day Sonic would be revealed on the Dojo four days before it happened, along with the fact that a video would be posted. She also predicted that Olimar would be playable with a "whip-like" move that uses pikmin. She also predicted that the American game would be delayed past Feb 10 and that the roster would only be 35 characters in early November. NyaseNya also revealed a number of characters, but her post was edited out by the mods. The only characters people are aware of are listed above, because they were discussed in the thread after her post.

Serebii runs Serebii.net, a major Pokemon site. He hasn't revealed anything, but he implied Lucario and Jiggly Puff would be in, while MewTwo would be out. I'm moving Jiggly Puff down to the bottom of the list, since Serebii hasn't provided anything solid yet, but it's pretty safe to say Jiggly wont be cut

ShadowXOR has no credentials, aside form the fact that he leaked stuff in a believable way. He basically named four characters and said he didn't know any more. Since he's the only one suggesting Marth and R.O.B. are playable, they should be taken with a grain of salt. I've moved them to the bottom of the list.

It's notable that the only Melee vets missing from this list are MewTwo, Roy, Doc, and Pichu

Perhaps MarkMan can comment about this list if something is off? But it is looking pretty solid if everyone who has had info before is to be believed

Fireblend

Banned
Alright, my turn to make a prediction. 12 spots left, right? Let's see... I think this would be pretty much my ideal roster (Krystal-less):

Veteran: Luigi
Veteran: Capt. Falcon
Veteran: Ganondorf (de-clonified)
Veteran: Jigglypuff
Veteran: Mr. Game & Watch
Veteran: Falco (de-clonified)
Veteran: Ness (New moveset)

Newcomer: W.W. Link
Newcomer: Ridley
Newcomer: Claus (Hey, I can dream)
Newcomer: Animal Crosser
Newcomer: Sami (From Advance Wars)

There, I wouldn't mind that at all... we do really need more female characters in Smash tho. Maybe you can switch between boy/girls for Animal Crosser and that way I can say there's two females in my Roster (or three, not sure about Jigglypuff)...

i find it really hard to believe that Mewtwo will be cut since he is the 'villain' of the Pokemon series, but i don't find it farfetch'd (pun intended) that he will be replaced by Lucario..

Akai

PkunkFury said:
This is an interesting roster prediction on Smash Boards posted by ChronoBound. It combines some of the most likely leaks and fits both of MarkMan's comments: that almost all characters are returning and that the roster is 35:
I think I'll be the first to call this list out, because there's absolutely no way that Fox, Falco, AND Wolf will all be playable characters...

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
MarkMan said:
I'm not going to confirm or deny that whole list.

But... Wolf/Falco/Fox ARE playable.
I love you

TheKingsCrown said:
I'm sorry, who the hell is Wolf again?
nlom7s.jpg
05_WolfToonForm_1186378498.jpg

fubarduck said:
No Krystal! Yay!

I never played Star Fox 64, but I read Wolf's description on Wikipedia and he sounds cool. Good to have more villains this time around, indeed!

I'm sorry, but no... three SF reps isn't good.

At what point does this franchise deserve that much?

Fireblend

Banned
MarkMan said:

Hmm... seriously? This makes my faith on you go down a little. I don't really see SF getting 3 reps, it's not even that popular.

How many characters from the Mother series are there? Don't say 1 :(

I'm sorry, but no... three SF reps isn't good.

At what point does this franchise deserve that much?
Right, I forgot Sakurai has to dole out representation based on fan fervor.

He should really just remove Zelda, because Twilight Princess didn't sell that well.

And why the shit is Ice Climbers in there at all? No one remembers them!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Okay, that statement almost makes you sound fake.

Not alts..

Bet it? :lol

Fireblend said:
Hmm... seriously? This makes my faith on you go down a little. I don't really see SF getting 3 reps, it's not even that popular.

Fanboy fervor should not deter from credibility/faith. But like I said above... Bet it?

Fireblend said:
Yeah, remember when Kid Icarus got removed from the final game because no one cared about it? Good times.

ShockingAlberto said:
Right, I forgot Sakurai has to dole out representation based on fan fervor.

He should really just remove Zelda, because Twilight Princess didn't sell that well.

And why the shit is Ice Climbers in there at all? No one remembers them!

...Right, the series has two great games, gets three reps.

If we're getting 35 characters, I'd be fucking pissed if SF got three reps, when Metroid is definitely not getting that many.

That levels nine spots for any remaining reps, and five of those would have to be G&W, Luigi, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, and Captain Falcon, leaving only four new hidden reps left besides Wolf, assuming Mewtwo, Ness, and Marth don't get in.

FFS Alberto, at what point does ONE character from ONE series get in validate a series getting THREE?

Kid Icarus got representation, Star Fox got too much representation. The SF characters can't get in for being retro or stars, so they're getting in for the quality and/or popularity of the series, which it's not overflowing with, except with popularity (and even then, not popular enough for three reps).

bounchfx

MarkMan said:

I hope they don't all play the same.

I was playing melee a little ago (big deal for me because I'm one of those who refuses to believe melee is better than smash bros because I suck at melee and pwn at the original) and I hate how many characters are just clones of one another.. basically half the list. I really hope they make more characters unique.

MarkMan said:
Not alts..

Bet it? :lol

Fanboy fervor should not deter from credibility/faith. But like I said above... Bet it?
Wolf makes a lot of sense to me now that peeps are showing me who he is. He's perfect for the single player RPG of death that Sakurai has created, and would fit into the soap opera-ey nature of it.

I don't get why peeps are questioning this when

1. It makes sense
2. Error backed this guy as legit

Crushed

Fry Daddy
If we're getting 35 characters, I'd be fucking pissed if SF got three reps, when Metroid is definitely not getting that many.
Samus, Zero Suit Samus, and Ridley(?).

Scribble

...Right, the series has two great games, gets three reps.

That levels nine spots for any remaining reps, and five of those would have to be G&W, Luigi, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, and Captain Falcon, leaving only four new hidden reps left besides Wolf, assuming Mewtwo, Ness, and Marth don't get in.

The thing is, those Star Fox characters. It depends on the series, tbqh. Star Fox has a lot of major, POPULAR characters who aren't yet represented, yet Metroid has only what...Ridley?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yea, really... With Metroid who else is there besides Samus?

Ridley = 100% not a playable char.

So you can tell us some of the characters... but not all? I don't understand, like if you said "Wolf's in the game" you're boss or whoever is going to be like "Oh that's fine", but if you were to say "Animal Crosser is in" all the sudden you're in hot water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom