• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Rumor/Prophecy Thread -- Super Smash Star Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MarkMan said:
Yea, really... With Metroid who else is there besides Samus?

Ridley = 100% not a playable char.

Quick question for you:

You said there are no more 3rd party characters. That restricts all appearances out of Final Fantasy.

Why wouldn't Square-Enix include Cloud as a playable character in support of pimping their obvious remake of FF7? I mean, it would be a brilliant move, put cloud in this game to get him in people's heads again, and then release FF7 on whichever console is getting it.

It doesn't make sense to me.

TheKingsCrown said:
Quick question for you:

You said there are no more 3rd party characters. That restricts all appearances out of Final Fantasy.

Why wouldn't Square-Enix include Cloud as a playable character in support of pimping their obvious remake of FF7? I mean, it would be a brilliant move, put cloud in this game to get him in people's heads again, and then release FF7 on whichever console is getting it.

It doesn't make sense to me.

Is there some inside joke I'm not getting?

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Economan said:
And for reference's sake, what does Star Fox Command's Wolf look like?
05_WolfToonForm_1186378498.jpg

TreIII

MarkMan said:
I'm not going to confirm or deny that whole list.

But... Wolf/Falco/Fox ARE playable.

Hmmm...the plot thickens.

Alright, Mr. MarkMan...if you can't tell us that much about the game in some other respects...can at you at least oblige my interest in another way?

I would just like to know just these 2 things:

1) Do you know if the game can switch between Japanese and English, like Melee/DX did? It would certainly make my upcoming translation detail (I'll be importing the game in a week) pretty much easy as pie, if I could just jump between the two texts as I wish.

2) You happen to know the size of the game, itself? Just how much data does it take up on its Wii optical disc, if you happen to know?

BuddhaRockstar said:
So you can tell us some of the characters... but not all? I don't understand, like if you said "Wolf's in the game" you're boss or whoever is going to be like "Oh that's fine", but if you were to say "Animal Crosser is in" all the sudden you're in hot water?
He seems to only be confirming or denying things that were already leaked by someone else. That might be the line.

Fireblend

Banned
BuddhaRockstar said:
So you can tell us some of the characters... but not all? I don't understand, like if you said "Wolf's in the game" you're boss or whoever is going to be like "Oh that's fine", but if you were to say "Animal Crosser is in" all the sudden you're in hot water?
Ssshh, he might be drunk.

So, feel like giving us the whole list now? :lol

ShockingAlberto said:
He seems to only be confirming or denying things that were already leaked by someone else. That might be the line.

Every possible character has "leaked" by now.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Sorry if some ppl think I'm ignoring their questions. But it is just that, I won't/can't answer some.

And I'm not drunk lolol.

Would you guys rather have me making up stuff instead? lolol jk jk

PkunkFury

wow, good info. I think it's pretty likely everything ChaosZero said is true based on this confirmation:

Ganondorf
Ness
Captain Flacon
Lucario
Wolf
Falco

could you tell us if the game is awesome? How long the single player is?

SuperAngelo64 said:
Is there some inside joke I'm not getting?
No not really. He seemingly has inside knowledge on the game of my dreams, and I am just asking a very business question. My instinct is he knows why S-E characters are not in the game and I am just hoping for a little nibble of an answer.

[Nintex]

MarkMan said:
Sorry if some ppl think I'm ignoring their questions. But it is just that, I won't/can't answer some.

And I'm not drunk lolol.

Don't drive to work tommorow and don't stop when you see or get an accident.
Also avoid Etsuo Kiso at all costs and don't let him drive your car either.

TheKingsCrown said:
No not really. He seemingly has inside knowledge on the game of my dreams, and I am just asking a very business question. My instinct is he knows why S-E characters are not in the game and I am just hoping for a little nibble of an answer.

Oh, alright.

Akai

Augh, so putting together the rumours that MarkMan appears to be siding with, this makes

Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Ness
Falco
Mr. Game & Watch
Luigi (I'd think would be a given)
Marth (Would Ike really be the only FE rep?)
Jigglypuff (Doubt they'd take her out...)

Wolf
Wind Waker Link
Lucario

So that leaves only the one new franchise character...

AUUUUUGH!

Scribble

MarkMan said:

And I'm not drunk lolol.

Isn't there anything else you can give us regarding the roster?

Geez, Brawl has turned me into some kind of dog.

TheKingsCrown said:
Error is a very respected poster around here. Are you questioning even him?

Yes.

Sorry, I don't buy into your guys' little internet trust-cliques.

"You dare question the GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ?!"

That's how you sound.

Only on the internet.

SuperAngelo64 said:
Yes.

Then, uh, don't?

I don't exactly see what you have to gain by bitching about it, aside from inflated internet ego that you're not a sheep like everyone else and thus are a total online badass.

SuperAngelo64 said:
Yes.

"You dare question the GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ?!"

That's how you sound.

Only on the internet.

Haha no, I wasn't trying to sound like that. I was just trying to understand your post. That's fine though, I can understand questioning these peepz. But I'll tell you, I have played this game for a long time, the internet game, and I am looking a lot more closely at what Markman says as a result of Error's post,

And let's not forget Reno!

Guled

MarkMan said:

And I'm not drunk lolol.

Could you tell us how many more veterans are left?

ShockingAlberto said:
Then, uh, don't?

I don't exactly see what you have to gain by bitching about it, aside from inflated internet ego that you're not a sheep like everyone else and thus are a total online badass.

I prefer 'internet tough guy'.

'e-Biff' is good too.

Tim-E

I'm starting to believe this guy.
I hope it's all true because I want to see GAF cry when Ridley and Krystal aren't in the game.

PkunkFury

Tim-E said:
I hope it's all true because I want to see GAF cry when Ridley and Krystal aren't in the game.

The tears for lack of Krystal will be tears of joy. They will cancel out the Ridley sorrow

Akai

Tim-E said:
Impossible...GAF would cry if Krystal was in, so it cannot cry if she is out...

RedBoot

Actually, the Chronobound list there on the previous page seems pretty believable with the exception of the bottom two entries of Marth and ROB. I actually think it's possible Marth could come back, but I'm grouping the two together since they were called by the same guy, and that's the only guy who doesn't seem like he actually knows something. Plus, there does still have to be one more franchise added, and if ROB is playable, I could see him getting the Smash Bros icon (because really, what the hell else would he get?).

That would leave two more spots, one of which would probably have a new character from a current franchise (maybe Marth, possibly Micaiah if we stick with FE, or any number of other people: Bowser Jr, Claus, K. Rool, Ashley, or maybe even Krystal, which would confirm that someone over there REALLY likes Starfox). The last one would be the new franchise, perhaps Takamaru or Sukapon to fit the "final" character theme.

Scribble

I'm on the Geno bandwagon now. He looks so BADASS without looking like an annoying Nomura character.

I mean, he detach his arm and shoot stars from it.

geno_whirl_by_brandokay.jpg

PkunkFury

I still think Mii will be the final unlockable, but ROB seems like he'd also fit the bill. It'd just be a little anti-climactic since they already made ROB the WTF in MarioKart DS

Scribble said:
I'm on the Geno bandwagon now. He looks so BADASS without looking like an annoying Nomura character.

I mean, he detach his arm and shoot stars from it.

Rocket Punch, Star Cannon, Geno Whirl.... :(

Scribble

PkunkFury said:
I sitll think Mii will be the final unlockable, but ROB seems like he'd also fit the bill. It'd just be a little anti-climactic since they already made ROB the ultimate WTF in MarioKart DS

The only WTF card I can think of is Sukapon. Who would probably be the ULTIMATE wtf card because he originated in a Nintendo fighting game, plus he looks weird.

sukapon.png

Jiggy

I have to admit, three Star Fox characters would really kind of tick me off. Not as much as if one of them was Krystal, but still. I like Wolf as a character in his own series quite a bit, but taking him instead of getting more representation for some franchise that's not even in the game yet would still be pretty sad to me. :/

Unless of course there are downloadable characters to be added later. In that case all would be 100% forgiven. But the odds of that, well...

A Link to the Snitch said:
I'm sorry, but no... three SF reps isn't good.

At what point does this franchise deserve that much?
At the point of 1997. :(

KevinCow

Banned
Well now I hope this guy's not telling the truth. No Ridley? ;_;

How could Metroid only get one representative? That's just silly and sad.

[Nintex]

KevinCow said:
Well now I hope this guy's not telling the truth. No Ridley? ;_;

How could Metroid only get one representative? That's just silly and sad.
I expect Ridley to show up in the story mode though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom