• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Rumor/Prophecy Thread -- Super Smash Star Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
lol I just went on Gamefaqs to see the stuff there, wow that place is full of retards... I'd hate to be a mod there, does it even get modded? hahaha....

PkunkFury

Hey Mark, thanks for puttign up with us :D

one last question...

Marth?

MarkMan said:
lol I just went on Gamefaqs to see the stuff there, wow that place is full of retards... I'd hate to be a mod there, does it even get modded? hahaha....

yeah I've been swimming through their to see how PoR's stuff relates, but everyone else posting there is an embarassment :( Someone should tell her to come to GAF. I don't have a GFaqs account.

Do you know her like you talk to her, or you know of her because of her Castlevania info?

Tim-E

KevinCow said:
Small Ridley looks perfectly fine in the Melee opening.

And it's not that I'm touchy, it's just that, when you say really fucking stupid things, it's hard not to call you out on saying really fucking stupid things. Like, "Ridley wouldn't work in a game that has fucking Mr. Game & Watch as a playable character," that's a really fucking stupid thing.

You sound pretty touchy to me.

Firestorm

These are trophies fighting, not actual fighters. That's why Olimar is bigger and Ridley could be smaller.

But Ridley's not in according to this report so looool.

Here's a good one from Gamefaqs-

Topic- 35 is too low.

With all that extra memory in the Wii, why would he only add an additional 11 characters? There were 26 in melee, including Sheik He has a lot more room to have 48.

To be honest, I'd rather have 35 well balanced good characters than to just have 50 and have 20 of them be throw aways.

Quality over quantity baby.

Fireblend

Banned
MarkMan said:
I'm not saying anything else. I don't see all the questions/heckling as pestering either as I have a pretty good mental ignore filter. Answering questions like 'why are you so hesitant etc etc' is not what I'm reading this thread for lolol.

PoR, I know who she is, don't know where she's getting her information from though.

I'm watching football right now so I'm reading this thread on and off... GO CHARGERS AND PACKERS! lolol...

Are you repeating "lolol" just because PoR did so in her(?) original post and you want us to be suspicious or am I looking too much into it? :lol

Anyway, feel free to leak anything else, as trivial as it may be.

Firestorm

MarkMan said:

The mods are retarded too. That's one of the problems.

BuddhaRockstar said:
Spoilers for things not in the game? That's just silly!

"Master Chief isn't in brawl guys!"

"OMG SPOILERZZ!"

There's a difference between "NO KRATOS GOD OF WAR" and "No Metroid villain that was in the intro of Melee." But hey, overgeneralize, sorry if I gave a toss about people who don't want to be spoiled. It's one thing if they enter this topic...

SantaC

wow this thread is a clusterfuck now ;_;

but seriously we're in for a disappointment if 3 reps from mediocre starfox are in, only one from metroid and no more 3rd party as someone else said.

wtf nintendo...

BDGAME

What the rumors say about her?

NewsSuggest_QWR8MLBD.jpg

Semi-confirmed?

[Nintex]

Topic- 35 is too low.
What other fighting game has 35 different characters with unique moves?:lol

I've got some questions as well Markman.
Are there only 2D side scrolling/platform levels in the Subspace Emmisary or are there other types of challenges as well?

Can you share some information about the level builder?

Is there an F-Zero GX stage in the game?

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Kulock said:
If MarkMan does know what he's talking about, is it right to put spoilers directly in the topic title, even for things that aren't in the game? I'd think some people would want to find out for themselves, at least once the Japanese release hits.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi04.html
Sakurai said:
And there is one more important thing...

When you have a battle mode that runs online like Basic Brawl, the problem of what to do with hidden characters arises. If one of your opponents chooses a character you haven’t unlocked yet, it will be spoiled for you immediately.

But even without this mode, given the proliferation of the Internet these days, the existence of hidden characters is going to get exposed anyway.

So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters.

You can earn most characters by playing through Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary. For those of you who look forward to those encounters, I recommend you clear this mode before playing Basic Brawl.

And as the case has always been, I’ve made it so you can play the characters you unlock in battles.

BDGAME said:
What the rumors say about her?

http://www.mywii.com.au/img/news/NewsSuggest_QWR8MLBD.jpg

Semi-confirmed?
Heaven help us, lets hope she isn't in.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
SantaC said:

but seriously we're in for a disappointment if 3 reps from mediocre starfox are in, only one from metroid and no more 3rd party as someone else said.

wtf nintendo...

It would indeed make you wonder what was going through the heads of those in charge of character selection...I like Star Fox but it hasnt been an important nintendo franchise for a decade. Not to mention how clonetastic the three will probably be and that Krystal is far more requested than Wolf ever was and Falco is more popular

SantaC said:

wtf nintendo...

It doesn't matter that the series has gone down the shitter. Wolf was cool when he first appeared.

Or would you want Sonic out, too ?

HK-47 said:
It would indeed make you wonder what was going through the heads of those in charge of character selection...I like Star Fox but it hasnt been an important nintendo franchise for a decade. Not to mention how clonetastic the three will probably be and that Krystal is far more requested than Wolf ever was.
So you're saying Krystal would be a better option than Wolf?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Holy Order Sol said:
It doesn't matter that the series has gone down the shitter. Wolf was cool when he first appeared.

Or would you want Sonic out, too ?

Yeah little different situation there

[Nintex]

HK-47 said:
It would indeed make you wonder what was going through the heads of those in charge of character selection...I like Star Fox but it hasnt been an important nintendo franchise for a decade. Not to mention how clonetastic the three will probably be and that Krystal is far more requested than Wolf ever was.
Perhaps Nintendo is working on a new Star Fox game for 2008 and Smash Bros. is the best way to advertise the series.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Operations said:
So you're saying Krystal would be a better option than Wolf?

I'd rather have the staff than blaster animal fuck central. I dont share GAF general resentment of Krystal. I hate her furry fanbase.

JohnTinker, I remember reading that. That's referring to how the online play will function once the game is released. I still think if someone knows that a popular character pick is absolutely not in the game, and the admins trust that person's information, blaring it in the topic title that everyone in the Gaming Forum will be likely to see seems a bit unfair to them.

TreIII

Well...so PortraitOfRuin backs up MarkMan...alrighty, now I'm a believer. POR was able to leak said game from which she draws her name, including leaking the OST and Secret modes!

Well, it's a bit disappointing that Takamaru, Rockman and Ridley are goners...such a shame.

Scribble

HK-47 said:

Honestly, who CARES if Star Fox hasn't been an important Nintendo franchise in the last few years? If I go to my N64 now and turn on my copy of Star Fox, Falco will still say "GEE, you've been saved by FOX, how SWELL," and Wolf will still say "Can't let you do that, STAR FOX!" and I still smile with glee.

Thus, the characters are still as alive as they ever were, and deserve a place in Brawl. Time does not erase the fact that SF64 is one of the best games ever.

I like how half of the conversation from this thread is about who's credible and who's not and the other half is full of Nintendo franchise fanboy wars. "No!! Metroid is the better series!! That's why they need more representation and is why Ridley MUST be in! Star Fox is a horrible series so it's AN OUTRAGE for them to have three or more characters in there!"

:lol :lol

Run ups to games as big as this are amazing, the only thing more exciting, hectic, and fun are the weeks leading up to system launches. :D

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
[Nintex] said:
Perhaps Nintendo is working on a new Star Fox game for 2008 and Smash Bros. is the best way to advertise the series.

Then Fox would be fine. Cramming the game full of SF is stupid however. I dont even know if I should take it as true. It seems to poor a move for Sakurai

Firestorm

What's with you people and series representation. As long as they play well in Smash Bros, I'm happy they're in. If they don't play well in Smash Bros, I don't give a damn. It doesn't matter how well a series is represented. All that matters is if THIS series is fun to play.

HK-47 said:
Then Fox would be fine. Cramming the game full of SF is stupid however.

3 reps wouldn't qualify as "cramming the game full of SF" anyway.

Firestorm said:
What's with you people and series representation. As long as they play well in Smash Bros, I'm happy they're in. If they don't play well in Smash Bros, I don't give a damn. It doesn't matter how well a series is represented. All that matters is if THIS series is fun to play.

Some people are obsessed with perfect balance in representation (OMG Kirby gets 3 reps 1!1!1!! Sakurai am pimping his own ride OMGBBQ) as if this game was made by fucking detective Monk.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Scribble said:
Honestly, who CARES if Star Fox hasn't been an important Nintendo franchise in the last few years? If I go to my N64 now and turn on my copy of Star Fox, Falco will still say "GEE, you've been saved by FOX, how SWELL," and Wolf will still say "Can't let you do that, STAR FOX!" and I still smile with glee.

Thus, the characters are still as alive as they ever were, and deserve a place in Brawl. Time does not erase the fact that SF64 is one of the best games ever.

And I spit on that. There are plenty of characters just as deserveing as Wolf from franchises that dont even have represtation. Falco or Wolf is fine. Both is excessive.

I just hope Fox, Falco, and Wolf all play differently. I have no idea how they could make it work though since they all have the same body figures and weaponry. At least Krystal had a staff.

JavyOO7

I think its awesome that SF got three reps in. But screw Falco and replace him with Peppy, I always disliked Falco during the SF games.

Firestorm said:

I'll be happy with this game no matter what but I don't see why it's unreasonable to post remarks that Wolf or Falco be axed in favor of a new franchise or a more popular character or even a personal favorite. Variety is also one of the many things that make Smash Brothers awesome.

HK-47 said:
And I spit on that. There are plenty of characters just as deserveing as Wolf from franchises that dont even have represtation. Falco or Wolf is fine. Both is excessive.

Who CARES what fictional character deserves or doesn't deserve to be in a video game? Let's just be happy we're getting as many as we are, we'll be surprised, some people will be happy, some angry, and the rest of us having a blast with a new Smash Bros game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Holy Order Sol said:
3 reps wouldn't qualify as "cramming the game full of SF" anyway.

Yeah it kind would, consider far more popular series like Donkey Kong and Metroid have less. He isnt even a good villian choice. Mewtwo or Ridley would have been far better yet they arent in

The only thing that worries me here is the response from the furry community, though I guess it would be worse if Krystal is in rather than Wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom