• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Rumor/Prophecy Thread -- Super Smash Star Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

Can somebody explain to me how the hell Sakurai is going to make Fox, Falco, AND Wolf different? At least Krystal would have had a vastly different moveset.

Duderz

Banned
Amir0x said:

Yes, according to several people.

Glad Ridley isn't playable - he should be a boss character only. Glad WW Link is playable, that was my only other (realistic) request.

:/ at ROB and Wolf, though.

Firestorm

JohnTinker said:
The view count on this thread is astronomical

hello lurkers! lurk all you like!

I think it climbed up after MarkMan's post. I didn't realize 43k was big until I looked around.
Stupid dojo thread with 3 million views messing up my perceptions

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Scalpel Knight said:
The only thing that worries me here is the response from the furry community, though I guess it would be worse if Krystal is in rather than Wolf.
"WE'RE BEING FURSECUTED BY SAKURAI"

Fireblend

Banned
Good thing MarkMan decided to leak stuff here and not at GameFAQs, I just looked at that board and damn... kids really shouldn't be allowed to use the internet. I really have to laugh at comments of people still waiting for 50-character rosters who are hurt because of the 35 rumor bashing PoR, regardless of if it is right or not.

Edag Plata said:
Who CARES what fictional character deserves or doesn't deserve to be in a video game? Let's just be happy we're getting as many as we are, we'll be surprised, some people will be happy, some angry, and the rest of us having a blast with a new Smash Bros game.

You acknowledge that people will have mixed feelings with the roster. I'm not sure why it bothers you when those opinions are voiced.

Duderz said:
Yes, according to several people.

Glad Ridley isn't playable - he should be a boss character only. Glad WW Link is playable, that was my only other (realistic) request.

When did we confirm that list with WW Link, and ROB to be true?

Kjellson

About Krystal, she can be seen as a sticker in the five minute How-to-Play video, and I don't think Sakurai reveals a character that way.

Yeah it kind would, consider far more popular series like Donkey Kong and Metroid have less.

*facepalm*

There's no point to this comparison in the first place.

Rancid Mildew said:
I don't see why it's unreasonable to post remarks that Wolf or Falco be axed in favor of a new franchise or a more popular character or even a personal favorite.

Because ideally no character should be axed.

Fireblend

Banned
Duderz said:
ROB was never confirmed. He'd be awesome tho >_> I'm not sure how his jump would work...

About Krystal, she can be seen as a sticker in the five minute How-to-Play video, and I don't think Sakurai reveals a character that way.
I'd say that's hardly proof, as there are strong rumors about WWLink and he doesn't really have power over everything related to the game... still, not be there, not be there, not be there...

Rancid Mildew said:
You acknowledge that people will have mixed feelings with the roster. I'm not sure why it bothers you when those opinions are voiced.

That part isn't bothering me, it's just wacky when people seem to take it personally when their favorite series doesn't get as many characters representing it as another one they don't like as much.

TreIII

JohnTinker said:
"WE'RE BEING FURSECUTED BY SAKURAI"

You kidding? Seems to me more that the they'd probably dig the idea that Fox and Wolf are both in the game, and would just do more to power Yaoi/Slash fiction starring the two.

But ah well. Wolf being in the game meets Japanese version gets Tetsu Inada (he was also Phantom in MMZero, Elzam/Retsel in SRW OG, Lu Bu in Sangoku Musou), and he's one of the manliest Japanese seiyuu ever. That just does a lil more to make the game awesome!:lol

PkunkFury

I just hope Falco, Wolf and Fox have different movesets somehow. The only reason I don't want them all in is because it seems they will play the same. Has Mark said anything about Falco still being a clone?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Holy Order Sol said:
*facepalm*

There's no point to this comparison in the first place.

Because ideally no character should be axed.

Yet characters have been axed anyways, plus you get someone else in their place. Or do you not see that?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Okay, I'm confused. What lends MarkMan more credibility than your regular Prophet?

I'm just very very dubious of Wolf being in over Krystal - how on earth would Wolf work as a non clone character? That'd be hard enough to work out with Falco. At least Krystal would work as a completely different fighting style.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
PkunkFury said:
I just hope Falco, Wolf and Fox have different movesets somehow. The only reason I don't want them all in is because it seems they will play the same. Has Mark said anything about Falco still being a clone?

That is my main concern

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
geno.jpg

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Please... tell me this, only two questions I shall ever ask:

Luigi DOES NOT HAVE the stupid vacuum or he does?
What about the SP length?

That's all.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
SantaC said:
wow this thread is a clusterfuck now ;_;

but seriously we're in for a disappointment if 3 reps from mediocre starfox are in, only one from metroid and no more 3rd party as someone else said.

wtf nintendo...
yeah, total shit game now.

6/10

Sakurai lolz

Scribble

Considering that Fox and Falco's moves minus one or two aren't even blaster orientated, it shouldn't be hard to come up with a new moveset for Wolf.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
I don't care about how "deserving" the franchise is - Star Fox has been mediocre lately, but at least Falco and Wolf are from the good games. My problem is that neither of them seem very distinct from Fox at all. I can see one or the other making it in, but both? Falco has no distinguishing features in any of the games, he's just another Arwing pilot. Wolf is just Fox with gray fur and a bad attitude. I realize that Fox's whole moveset was made from scratch to begin with, but to give the same treatment to two more generic characters from the franchise is a bizarre decision.

Duderz

Banned
Edag Plata said:
When did we confirm that list with WW Link, and ROB to be true?

It's not - just going off a list posed earlier that seems pretty logical and in keeping with everything MarkMan said, plus is confirmed by several other insiders.

Anyway, the more I think about it, the more Star Fox should stay at 2 characters... give Fire Emblem another character in addition to Ike & Marth. (Titania?)

Cynar

You guys wanting Ridley as a character are nuts. He'd be much more epic as a boss. :)

Thanks for the info MarkMan.

SantaC

Holy Order Sol said:
It doesn't matter that the series has gone down the shitter. Wolf was cool when he first appeared.

Or would you want Sonic out, too ?

sonic is a 3rd party character, you're making a really bad comparison here.

Duderz

Banned
HK-47 said:
So he cant be both for some reason?

That means Petey would (logically) be playable.

Let Ridley just be a boss character for now. Metroid really doesn't need more characters than it already has; I'd rather have costume changes than anything (i.e. Fusion Suit, Phazon suit, etc.)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Series representation can not only be achieved with playable characters.

There are attack trophies for one, and SSE can include the more boss-like characters - such as Ridley and MewTwo.

So what are the chances of Ganondorf being relegated to SSE duty and not be a playable character?

EDIT: Geebus, what a terrible sentence. Let me rephrase that: "Series representation can also be achieved through means other than playable characters."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom