• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy - Sewer or Later Gameplay

Piggus

Wow! Looks amazing.

EDIT: It sounds like some of the sounds may have been adjusted to better match the original. The seem to really be taking feedback seriously, which is awesome.

13ruce

Banned
Nice never played these games but will buy because i want to experience most of the classic masterpieces in gaming. Looks fantastic imo.

farisr

Watched the first few seconds then stopped. I just want to play it already. I think I'll stop checking out new videos and what not. Hopefully it's on sony's stage at E3 with something like "digital and retailer preorder numbers are looking good so we've greenlit a CTR remaster w/ online"

I gotta say, they did a great job giving the sound effects that "crunch" that makes collecting things satisfying. It's a small thing, but it adds a lot.

When this comes out I'm going to make sure to play it the entire day, and watch an old episode of Monday Night Raw after. Really bring the 90s back right.

Yukinari

I get that Activision needs to sell people on this trilogy but these videos of a guy shilling the graphics is so distracting.

Would rather have raw feed footage so i can appreciate the level more.

HardRojo

Watched the first few seconds then stopped. I just want to play it already. I think I'll stop checking out new videos and what not. Hopefully it's on sony's stage at E3 with something like "digital and retailer preorder numbers are looking good so we've greenlit a CTR remaster w/ online"

A CTR remaster with online included would bring the goddamn house down.

Mikey Jr.

Can't believe how good this looks. I thought when they announced this, they would just phone it in. But nope, excellent job.

The way Crash hangs in the air when doing a belly drop will take some getting used to.

(It looks good! I'm just very particular.)

Nev

Banned
Artstyle lacks the charm of the original, UI is bland and the animations are off and a bit floaty.

The gameplay seems to be incredibly faithful though and that's what matters the most so good job.

Granted, they didn't have to change Crash 2 at all because it's already one of the best platformers ever, they just had to make it 60fps.

HardRojo

Artstyle lacks the charm of the original, UI is bland and the animations are off and a bit floaty.

The gameplay seems to be incredibly faithful though and that's what matters the most so good job.

Granted, they didn't have to change Crash 2 at all because it's already one of the best platformers ever, they just had to make it 60fps.

Artstyle will be hit or miss for many, it simply will be good or not good enough since we tend to remember the original games looking much better than they actually were. Regarding the animations, I'm completely fine with them, they look similar to the original, which is all I need since they were fine back then. I'd be more picky if this were an action game or a fighting game, but this is a remaster of a 20 year old game and I wouldn't want them to deviate too much by adding completely unnecessary frames of animations.

Still no Crash 3 gameplay

They absolutely need to change the jet-pack levels

Tapejara

I've only had minor nitpicks with previous footage, but something about the art change here doesn't jive with me as well. It still looks great in general (and I'm a huge fan of those water effects), so I'm sure this'll just be one of those changes I'll eventually get used to.

Gameplay looks top notch as always! Bring on the full release!

bede-x

Aside from the colors/lighting being different from the original, it looks pretty much perfect. I hate pre-ordering in general, but couldn't help it with this. It will no doubt be one of the best games in an already stacked year.

Ivan 3414

Graphics are underwhelming if artistically pretty faithful to the originals. Just seems weird that the graphical tech here is treated as a bullet point, when the game doesn't have all that impressive tech. Unless the point is to highlight the improvements from the original game, which, well duh, of course this PS4 game is technically more advanced than a PS1 game. Still looking forward to this game BTW.

They did a really excellent job with this.

Countdown to drive-by " looks wash out : " post.

Several levels did look washed out but they've improved since then, as I'd imagine​ a game in development would

HardRojo

Aw man! June is shaping up as awesome. Wipeout, Crash trilogy. Just need Spyro for the slam dunk!

There was a thread not so long ago about a figure company making Crash and Spyro figures in their original designs. I guess you know what that could mean...

O9Nxb.gif

Nicky Ali

This looks abysmal. How can anyone think this looks good? The lighting is horribly done. Good god it's depressing to see so many people actually think this is acceptable.

Looks so fucking good.

I don't know what studio's developing this, but they're literally showing up Naughty Dog at their own game. Way more psyched to play this before whatever TLoU project ND's going on about.

Top Bottom