• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy - Sewer or Later Gameplay

HardRojo

Looks fantastic, i cannot wait to play this, i may buy physical and digital just to do my part in proving to activision that yes...there is a market for this. One thing though, anyone else concerned weve seen nothing of warped...they wouldnt...sell it as dlc would they?
All 3 games come in this collection. They're probably saving Warped for close to release as it seems to be the one people remember the most.

Tagg9

All 3 games come in this collection. They're probably saving Warped for close to release as it seems to be the one people remember the most.

Yep. I know that Warped was the first Crash Bandicoot game I ever owned, and after playing it I immediately saved up my pocket money for the first two games.

Kinsei

Banned
Looks fantastic, i cannot wait to play this, i may buy physical and digital just to do my part in proving to activision that yes...there is a market for this. One thing though, anyone else concerned weve seen nothing of warped...they wouldnt...sell it as dlc would they?

Warped will most likely be shown off at E3. They need to save something big for the show after all.

Friendly reminder that every. single. level. shown. so. far. has been shown again later with improved lighting and textures/materials, and that even floor demo builds have been ages ahead of the B-Roll footage from the same trade shows.

Kugar77

They must have touched up his model as well, he's looking much more like an hd version of his ps1 self rather than a reinterpretation of his original character

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Very impressed. Vicarious Visions have done a sterling job. Hopefully this will be regarded years later as one of the shining examples of a remaster/remake done well.

Played the demo at Best Buy and everything is just what I wanted. Sliding into a jump on Hang Eight still allows you to bypass some platforms and everything felt completely authentic to the original in terms of music, style and gameplay. Hyped for the final release.

cHinzo

Any chance they also remake the spin-off Crash games like Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash? Those were the best kart and party games I've ever played and would love to see a remake of it.

terandle

The crates really bug me, I think its the awful looking black outline around the text. Like the ? box. The up arrow also seems way too tiny on the bouncing boxes.

Kssio_Aug

The only thing I didn't like is the size of the HUD elements. I think it would be better if they made it significantly shorter. Other then that, I think it looks pretty awesome!

BigEmil

I'll say it again Vicarious Visions is doing this remake justice. They're doing a spectacular job

Man, you Crash fans are lucky.

Makes me wish that Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie received the same HD graphics overhaul treatment these games are getting....

bede-x

Any chance they also remake the spin-off Crash games like Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash? Those were the best kart and party games I've ever played and would love to see a remake of it.

If this sells well they might start looking in that direction. I'd like to see Twinsanity get a make over as well (or at least a PS2 on PS4 release).

ENWp3PE.gif

Looks fantastic, the sewers were my favorite levels.

Have they confirmed whether or not you need to do deathless runs in Crash 1 for the clear gems? I always hated that it didn't save crates broken in the original.

this looks so good. when it was announced i didnt expect them to put this much effort into it.

I wish they had a collectors ed. i would pay more than i want to admit for one.

Hydrus

God this looks fantastic! Really captures the original's vibe. I hope this is the start of many more classics being remade. Release a classic grey PS4 and we good!

Stage looks amazing, as always. I do miss the swampiness of the old water. That sewer water's cleaner than some rivers, lol.
FHLTcdJ.jpg

How can anyone think that this is actually acceptable? It looks fucking atrocious. They seriously need to hire a better lighting person.

It looks pre-pre alpha
While I'm on the side that you're being a bit hyperbolic, I agree when it comes to the lighting on Crash's model, particularly his eyes. They NEED to remain lit, or white. Having them have that weird shadow on their curvature is bizzare.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm so excited for this. Crash 2 was my favorite too.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Nah, I think the people going on about the lighting are right for once. This Twitter post sums it up: https://twitter.com/OneyNG/status/859538625939230720 They need to keep that appealing gritty feel from the originals at all times.

That Twitter post is rude and condescending. They have done NOTHING but listen to fan feedback and that guy can't tweet them a comment regarding the lighting in a single section of a level in a less rude way?

Undrey

Damn, VV is on top of their game. The last Crash thread I said my one complaint was the gems being collected and just disappearing instead of showing an icon and next video here's the icons.

Looks absolutely fantastic. June 30th can't come quick enough. This will be a game I will 100%, for the 3rd time lol. And I never 100% games these days!

NotLiquid

Yeah the lighting looks pretty bad. For a game that has a pretty good amount of visual details and animation, the lighting just kinda serves to undermine a lot of it.

Sorry, but I have to join the 'the lighting is off/bad' group. I know, I know, I already complained about something similar before (the lack of saturation), but stuff like this:

really is unacceptable, and we shouldn't just sit back and ignore it. It's also a bit disheartening to see how much people get shit on for mentioning it. If this many people are complaining about the same thing, I'd like to believe that maybe there is something that needs to be improved. It's the only way it'll be changed, is if we let the developers know we're not digging it.

Fredrik

While I'm on the side that you're being a bit hyperbolic, I agree when it comes to the lighting on Crash's model, particularly his eyes. They NEED to remain lit, or white. Having them have that weird shadow on their curvature is bizzare.
I don't care about the eyes, I just don't think it looks like a PS4 game 4 years into the generation. I absolutely understand the hype for the game from a gameplay perspective, I loved Crash back in the days, but I don't understand the raving about the visuals. Can't pinpoint what exactly is wrong, I'm just not wowed by it. Currently marathon playing Horizon probably doesn't help though.

J-Skee

I CANNOT wait. I'm jumping right to Crash 2. It's my favorite one & I'm happy they're showing levels from it now.

Kssio_Aug

I don't care about the eyes, I just don't think it looks like a PS4 game 4 years into the generation. I absolutely understand the hype for the game from a gameplay perspective, I loved Crash back in the days, but I don't understand the raving about the visuals. Can't pinpoint what exactly is wrong, I'm just not wowed by it. Currently marathon playing Horizon probably doesn't help though.

People probably are just satisfied with the visual upgrade and happy it managed to look nice enough to play in this current gen (they didn't just put the originals in HD).

I like it. It's not that I think it looks absolutely gorgeous, but since it's basically just a remaster with some improvements here and there, I think it looks good enough.

Tankard

Seeing videos from this remaster is getting my childhood love for the series back on track. I can't wait to play it.

This is really shaping up well.
I smiled like a kid watching this.

Minor nitpick though, they seemed to have removed the flamethrower scientist howls?

HardRojo

Sorry, but I have to join the 'the lighting is off/bad' group. I know, I know, I already complained about something similar before (the lack of saturation), but stuff like this:

really is unacceptable, and we shouldn't just sit back and ignore it. It's also a bit disheartening to see how much people get shit on for mentioning it. If this many people are complaining about the same thing, I'd like to believe that maybe there is something that needs to be improved. It's the only way it'll be changed, is if we let the developers know we're not digging it.

I'm fine with people complaining about something they don't think looks right, it might even be helpful as VV seems to be listening to fan feedback, the problem is using hyperbole and going the extra hundred miles by saying "I'm pissed off people are fine with this" and "This is beyond horrible", that doesn't help.

Top Bottom