• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy - Sewer or Later Gameplay

Kssio_Aug

There was a thread not so long ago about a figure company making Crash and Spyro figures in their original designs. I guess you know what that could mean...

O9Nxb.gif

I never played Spyro, but would love if that happen! Really interested in playing it nowadays with improved controls if I could.

Onaco

Still no Crash 3 gameplay

They absolutely need to change the jet-pack levels
If you people on this site praise Dark Souls all day long, you can figure out three jet pack levels. They're simple as hell.

I don't want to relearn too much to accommodate for something that wasn't an issue. We just know that the controls can be inverted.

Nicky Ali

FHLTcdJ.jpg

How can anyone think that this is actually acceptable? It looks fucking atrocious. They seriously need to hire a better lighting person.

It looks pre-pre alpha

I just can't see the hype behind this. It's extremely depressing to think they're using all their time and resources towards a remake instead of a new Crash Bandicoot.

Unity2012

I'm happy that a whole new generation of people are going to be able to enjoy these games. I feel is the best way to introduce the franchise to younger gamers and to reactivate people's interests before making a new one. I'm looking forward to play them again.

HardRojo

FHLTcdJ.jpg

How can anyone think that this is actually acceptable, it looks fucking atrocious. They seriously need to hire a better lighting person.

It looks pre-pre alpha

If the lighting is the problem then why don't you stop the hyperbole? Calling it "abysmal" and wondering why "people are looking forward" to this because of the lighting?

Roo

FHLTcdJ.jpg

How can anyone think that this is actually acceptable? It looks fucking atrocious. They seriously need to hire a better lighting person.

It looks pre-pre alpha

I just can't see the hype behind this. It's extremely depressing to think they're using all their time and resources towards a remake instead of a new Crash Bandicoot.

rP7r4aF.gif

every single time is the same bullshit...

Bumhead

Banned

A.) The original Crash trilogy is awesome, and getting them all remade to this standard, available for the first time since PS1, is super cool for long term fans as well as those playing for the first time

B.) If this sells well it'll be the means to an end towards more new Crash games

C.) I'd rather have this than new Crash games

alexbull_uk

Absolutely can't wait. Love how it looks, love the music, love what I've seen of the gameplay tweaks.

By far my most anticipated title for 2017.

Xandremi

Day 0 already, played the demo at gamestop and it felt really nice and looked great :D
down with the haters! boo these people!

Nicky Ali

rP7r4aF.gif

every single time is the same bullshit...

...?

As in, I shouldn't complain even though this whole thing is a horibbly low-budget affair and just looks bad?

At least it's happening, right? Doesn't matter if it's good or not, clearly.

Wow, I am legit pissed off right now

Kraq

Nah, I think the people going on about the lighting are right for once. This Twitter post sums it up: https://twitter.com/OneyNG/status/859538625939230720 They need to keep that appealing gritty feel from the originals at all times.

They could do better, but I reckon this is being done on a small-to-medium budget to gauge interest in the series, as others have said, and hence I'm not too surprised. They've been listening to fan feedback so hopefully they pick this up.

Still looking forward to June either way though!

Nicky Ali

Day 0 already, played the demo at gamestop and it felt really nice and looked great :D
down with the haters! boo these people!

I'm really not even a "hater" though. I want to love this game! It's just not cutting it for me. I've been really dissapointed by everything I've seen so far.

HardRojo

...?

As in, I shouldn't complain even though this whole thing is a horibbly low-budget affair and just looks bad?

Pissed off. Wow man, how about just not returning to the thread if it pisses you off that much, can't be good for your health.

Odoul

The music for this level and the Banjo Kazooie opening song are what defines that era of games, hell that era of adolescence for me.

Ash735

Just a few more tweaks, though I have to be honest the remake of the music is all over the place, but I did notice they remade the original cut part of the track here too.

jjonez18

April-Parappa,
may- LocoRoco,
June -crash/wipeout/Tekken
July -Ffxii
August yakuza,jak and daxter ps2 classics And everybody's golf

It's like my PlayStation and PlayStation 2 are still plugged up

This!!

Patapon is getting a remaster in 2017 too. We also got all the Kingdom Hearts games on PS4. This year has and will continue to be nostalgia filled for old school PS gamers.

nynt9

...?

You probably need to take a break from neogaf and cool down. This is not a "horribly low-budget affair", VV have clearly put in the time and attention to recreate all kinds of small details, this is a labor of love.

SNURB

This looks abysmal. How can anyone think this looks good? The lighting is horribly done. Good god it's depressing to see so many people actually think this is acceptable.

Didn't you complain about the Crash content in Skylanders too?

Kyrios

Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy |OT| Seen in a new light

giphy.gif

I don't have a problem with the lighting, but I wouldn't complain if they address it for those that do.

Xandremi

I'm really not even a "hater" though. I want to love this game! It's just not cutting it for me. I've been really dissapointed by everything I've seen so far.

Its fine to point out flaws, I already know this isn't going to be a high budget production. Its obviously a more low-mid but some people are just being way to hyperbolic with their statements about this. I'm excited about this and so are others, some are clearly not but can we not over react?

Throw in filter options plz

Hopefully some of these spots of questionable lighting are from old builds. It's weird because the green goop from CB's Toxic Waste level looks perfect (along with other areas).

Meh. The game looks fantastic regardless. Nothing that looks outright wrong, just occasionally different, thankfully.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
So fucking hyped!

Yeah there's a minor lighting glitch in Crash's eyes noticeable at the beginning, I don't give a shit. A weird lighting glitch or appearance here or there will probably end up being the only really noticeable graphical flaw in the entire game, Vicarious Visions does pretty solid work.

I've been waiting forever for something like this. This is my dream come true game.

tumblr_nwdebe0OiU1uivhlwo1_250.gif

Shin-Ra

Looks so fucking good.

I don't know what studio's developing this, but they're literally showing up Naughty Dog at their own game. Way more psyched to play this before whatever TLoU project ND's going on about.
This isn't coherent enough to answer to.

Kyrios

This game is gonna sell all the millions

This was the most popular game announcement on my Facebook news feed during E3 last year. Quite a few people I know that don't even play video games anymore are buying a PS4 just for this collection.

This should sell fairly well.

Memento

Looks lovely.

What is even more exciting to me is that if this sells well (which I think it will definitely happens) we are probably going to get Crash Team Racing Remaster (aka Kart GOAT) eventually!

HardRojo

This was the most popular game announcement on my Facebook news feed during E3 last year. Quite a few people I know that don't even play video games anymore are buying a PS4 just for this collection.

This should sell fairly well.
Same here, I'm sure it'll do great.

Skyo

Looks great. The roughness/specular of the eyes can be adjusted to possibly remove that dark grey tone from the light hitting it. Overall, good colour contrast and detail in the meshes.

bede-x

Nah, I think the people going on about the lighting are right for once. This Twitter post sums it up: https://twitter.com/OneyNG/status/859538625939230720 They need to keep that appealing gritty feel from the originals at all times.

It's kinda clear that it won't look like that and that's why I prefer the visuals in the originals. That said the gameplay looks as fun as ever and having a different look and feel from the old games, means both will continue to have value going forward. This won't replace the old games, but deliever a different take on them.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
...?

I think its time for a break.

SgtCobra

Well let me echo that lighting stuff too; they really need to work a bit more on that... Other than thag there aren't any other complaints from me and that says a lot as I've put hundreds of hours into these games back then and I'd prefer if the remasters stayed faithful to the originals.

What happened to the regular enemies from the second and third games? did they remove them?
The level shown is exactly the same as it was on PS1.

Count to 10

Looks fantastic, i cannot wait to play this, i may buy physical and digital just to do my part in proving to activision that yes...there is a market for this. One thing though, anyone else concerned weve seen nothing of warped...they wouldnt...sell it as dlc would they?

Top Bottom