• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, Far Cry 4 has the greatest 'easter egg' of all time *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Alienous

Here's the Gamespot link. Click at your peril. Remember, MAJOR SPOILERS.

This is fucking fantastic. Video games as an interactive storytelling medium. Maybe if you gave the bad guy 5 minutes you wouldn't have to do all the crazy shit you do over the course of the single-player.

Haha, bloody brilliant.

EDIT:
I have a link to the original video from the site via a little detective-fu, just downloading now. Will post when completed.

Edit: direct link to the Gamespot HD video. Change the '4000' at the end of the URL if you want to change the resolution (600,1000,1800,2500,3200,4000). Someone else can mirror it.

OSHAN

I remember in Way of the Samurai, I got into town, then I decided to leave immediately. And I got the end credits.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, they did something similar like this in Wario Land 2. Cool to see this done in another game.

Danlord

Seriously? This is horrendous. I don't see the humour or ingenuity in this at all.

Can't watch at work. Summary in a spoiler tag?

Literally stand around and do nothing and the game will trigger a cutscene and prompts you to another small scene to finish the game.

Alienous

Gamespot link doesn't work for me...can someone sum it up and spoiler tag it for me please?

15 minutes into the game the main 'antagonist', Pagan Min, asks you to stay in the room and continue eating the dinner that was prepared for you. Most players immediately get up and escape, and that sets you on the path of joining a resistance militia and trying to take back Kyrat. If you wait 12 or so minutes, like you are asked, the main antagonist gives you a helicopter ride to the top of a mountain, where your mother wants you to spread her ashes (rather than endure a lengthy quest to get there). He reveals that he's not such a bad guy after all, and the game ends on a happy note.

15 minutes into the game the main 'antagonist', Pagan Min, asks you to stay in the room and continue eating the dinner that was prepared for you. Most players immediately get up and escape, and that sets you on the path of joining a resistance militia and trying to take back Kyrat. If you wait 12 or so minutes, like you are asked, the main antagonist gives you a helicopter ride to the top of a mountain, where your mother wants you to spread her ashes (rather than endure a lengthy quest to get there). He reveals that he's not such a bad guy after all, and the game ends on a happy note.

AND THEN YOU GO SHOOT SOME GODDAMN GUNS

hbkdx12

Pretty nifty

but quite the shame that the internet being what it is (why would an official game outlet drop this before the game even comes out?) that this is brought to light before the game is even released

Kill3r7

oh_i_get_it_fight_club.gif

Nicely done Ubisoft.

So Ubisoft expect me to pay $60 for a game that's only 15 minutes long?

Do their dastardly deeds know no bounds. Are there no depths they wouldn't descend to screw the hard working gamer?

Oh, they did something similar like this in Wario Land 2. Cool to see this done in another game.

yeah was going to mention that. You can finish the game
just by never getting out of bed
But that game is all about alternative endings so it's just one of many.

Z3M0G

Haha, amazing!

So this isn't an alternate ending? Rather just a logical quick way to get to the real ending of the game?

I feel like this was done in an old 8 or 16 bit RPG as well...

Like you had a dialogue option near the beginning, something to the effect of 'Do you accept this quest?' and if you said 'No' the game just ended.

Maybe I'm wrong...

Omega

Banned
lmao.

i talk a lot of shit about ubi but that's awesome, i'll give them credit here. wonder if anyone is going to come across that normally and end up being like "what the fuck?!? i paid $60 for this!"

Top Bottom