• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, Far Cry 4 has the greatest 'easter egg' of all time *MAJOR SPOILERS*

yurinka

It's a fucking huge spoiler (please avoid watching the video until you completed the game), but a really great easter egg.

It's a fucking huge spoiler (please avoid watching the video until you completed the game), but a really great easter egg.

Actually, how much of a spoiler is it really? I mean, it happens before the antagonist hates you, so it can't be that much right?

Was it the first *MAJOR SPOILERS*, or the second in bold, red font, and mislead you?

Alienous, stop strong-arming people into clicking things. How freaking dare you.

That's really clever. Hopefully the rest of the game's writing is equally good. It'd be a real shame if the best moment in the whole game is a hidden joke scene.

Altairre

yeah... gamespot desperate for clicks
shitty thing to spoil

The video clearly says that it spoils the game. I would have never found out otherwise and it doesn't really matter if I see it a few days after release or now. I don't care about the story in FC4 anyway after they fucked up the one in FC3 so royally.

BibiMaghoo

I haven't open it. but the urge is strong.

People shouldn't be talking about spoilers before the fucking game is actually released..

I don't think it's a spoiler in the sense that it spoils unknown story elements, just that the knowledge of it's existence is a spoiler, as you will know how to discover it. I read the posted spoiler, and don't think it would have any bearing on my enjoyment of the game.

Salads

Neo Member
It was only a matter of time before Ubisoft released a title where the credits took longer than the preceding game.

Very clever. I think this was probably spoiled by Ubi employees. There are many times in games where I try to not do what the game wants. Follow you? Nah, I'm gonna explore this building first. We only have a short time before the bomb blows? Then why can I run around with nothing happening? It's rare that a game actually understands what you are doing, though.

yurinka

Actually, how much of a spoiler is it really? I mean, it happens before the antagonist hates you, so it can't be that much right?
I didn't play the game, but it seems that the video spoils the game ending with an easter egg making a nice twist. It isn't a simple easter egg or a minor spoiler.

Both the OP and Gamespot must include in giant red letters: 'avoid watching the video before you complete the campaign!'

Rflagg

HAHA, well done with Ubisoft
confirms Pagan Min is the best part of Far cry 4 and maybe the most fun antagonist ever

Manu

Well, it does spoil that *POSSIBLE STORY SPOILER*
you are the villain's son.

Whether that's canon or just a throwaway joke in the alternate ending, I don't know. If it also happens in the true ending, then it's a fucking huge spoiler.

I don't think it's a spoiler in the sense that it spoils unknown story elements, just that the knowledge of it's existence is a spoiler, as you will know how to discover it. I read the posted spoiler, and don't think it would have any bearing on my enjoyment of the game.

I think some of the dialogue in this ending may in fact be a spoiler- it seems to shed some light on the relationship between the two characters. Not too sure though. Anyway, I'm not worried about it. Won't affect my enjoyment of the game.

Thorakai

I haven't been following this game at all, but what would be the logic of the player running away like you are "suppose" to do?

Gray Matter

Wait, so the Easter egg is that the game can be finished super early?

Also does that mean that
pagan min is ajay's father?
for real?

I'm really confused.

randomkid

The quality of the video is terrible, but recently delisted DSiWare game Kokopolo does something along the same lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOc_QE59ags

You gotta wait for 5 minutes on the first level screen, and then the first flower in the game will thank you for keeping your cool and not scratching her, the guy who dropped the drum on your head that got you upset in the first place will apologize, and you get this "peaceful" ending.

Apdiddy

Metal Saga (an obscure PS2 game) had something similar where
if you answered a question about how you don't want to go adventuring and stay at home to get a real job like your dad did, the game would end.

EXACTLY! Play to the strengths of the medium and stop trying to imitate movies.
At least for this example I think that depends on what the game is trying to mimic from a movie. A Quantic Dream game like Beyond is obviously trying to achieve a filmic presentation and has pretty basic gameplay, yet you can skip entire sequences in that game as well if you just do what a character tells you or wait around for x minutes.

Corpekata

Banned

Whether that's canon or just a throwaway joke in the alternate ending, I don't know. If it also happens in the true ending, then it's a fucking huge spoiler.

No it doesn't.
It spoils that he had a kid with your mom, who is the sister you're putting her ashes next to.

Jamie OD

Cool idea although I was reminded of Far Cry 3's bad ending as I watched it. So I expected
the hero to turn around and suddenly get shot or stabbed by the villain
. Thankfully that didn't happen.

SexyFish

Banned

You obviously didn't think about the
sister you we're laying the ashes next to.

Ishida

Banned
Metal Saga (an obscure PS2 game) had something similar where
if you answered a question about how you don't want to go adventuring and stay at home to get a real job like your dad did, the game would end.

Jesus Christ, you are right! This ending is HILARIOUS!! XDD

Damn! The game sure slaps your face around and looks down on you for making the "boring" choice. It's like a one slap after another. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF8VefV3DO8

Cool idea. Reminds me of the cut Portal 2 alternative ending Valve talked about.

Near the very start of the game they planned to let you shoot the protal gun at the moon through a crack in the roof and be sucked out into space and the credits would roll. They got Jonathan Coulton to record a separate silly song for it and everything. They decided it was such a good idea they didnt want to ruin the fun of the actual ending.

Albinon

Neo Member
UYXuT6K.gif

Top Bottom