• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, Far Cry 4 has the greatest 'easter egg' of all time *MAJOR SPOILERS*

DorkyMohr

Banned
As far as alternate endings go that's pretty good. Seems like a more than a few games have had their main conflict hinge on "a simple misunderstanding" and just force you to deal with it the hard way. Nice to see that trope acknowledged and allow you to subvert it in a cheeky way.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Pretty nifty

but quite the shame that the internet being what it is (why would an official game outlet drop this before the game even comes out?) that this is brought to light before the game is even released
The whole sequence stands on its own, so the experience is the same, minus a 15 minute wait.

Dot-N-Run

I feel like this was done in an old 8 or 16 bit RPG as well...

Like you had a dialogue option near the beginning, something to the effect of 'Do you accept this quest?' and if you said 'No' the game just ended.

Maybe I'm wrong...

I know you can do this in the first Golden Sun game for the GBA, but beyond that I can't think of anything.

It also reminds me of the Shadow Complex alternate ending, where you can just run back a few screens to your truck and drive away instead of infiltrating the base.

Sini

Pretty nifty

but quite the shame that the internet being what it is (why would an official game outlet drop this before the game even comes out?) that this is brought to light before the game is even released

Yeah, I don't get why did outlet like Gamespot reveal it, why didn't they let some player accidentally find it?

somehow during that sequence

I thought
teh guy in the suit, don't know his name would break in, and pour the ashes all over his face, and tell him to suck it up or something like that

this is cool too

Oh man. I just realized. The song they used to market the game in the trailers was "Should I Stay or Should I Go." That's clever.

Kalor

That's a nice little easter egg as it's something that few people would think to do. It is a shame that there is already a video about it before it is even out, it would of been a nice surprise to see people find it next week.

Is that the real ending?
Or just like an alternate reality

I imagine it's alternate. I doubt in the 'real' ending you're on good terms with whatshisname; I imagine you end up killing a lot of his men and causing a bunch of shit.

The brilliant part about this ending is that you've given him no reason to hate you. It's perfect.

It's amazing how little work must have put into this(the easter egg, not the game) and how interesting a result was produced

spekkeh

Banned
Oh man. I just realized. The song they used to market the game in the trailers was "Should I Stay or Should I Go." That's clever.

holy-sht.gif

Jashobeam

whelp no one will ever bother to actually do that now after seeing the video unless it unlocked a trophy or an achievement or something.

Yeah and that's kind of why I like it so much. Very cool.

I love it because to get the 'secret' ending you actually just have to obey what the character tells you to do. He says 'Hey wait here a few minutes and eat some food' and if you just do as you're told he comes back and boom, secret ending.

The 'real' game is only triggered when you decide to escape. It's brilliant.

Drencrom

Wouldn't be surprise if this ending is better than the 'real' one haha

Anyway, that was really cool. More games should have stuff like this that only the video game medium can do.

Wouldn't be surprise if this ending is better than the 'real' one haha

Anyway, that was really cool. More games should have stuff like this that only the video game medium can do.

EXACTLY! Play to the strengths of the medium and stop trying to imitate movies.

Zeth

Brilliant bit of self-awareness which I still expect to be somewhat lacking in other aspects of the game, heh.

Beaulieu

Pretty nifty

yeah... gamespot desperate for clicks
shitty thing to spoil

Stitch

Gold Member
Reminds me of the "Choose Their Fate" feature on the Final Destination 3 DVD. If you don't go on the roller coaster the film will skip to the credits immediately.

Top Bottom