• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shigeki Morimoto to show Sun & Moon live gameplay @ Gamescom on Thursday 17:00 CEST

JoeM86

From PR

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon: Game Freak’s Shigeki Morimoto will take to the stage in order to show off live gameplay of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. Budding Pokémon trainers will be able to tune in to see for themselves via twitch.tv/nintendodeutschland on 18th August at 17:00 CEST.

t1471532400z0.png

That's

17:00 CEST
16:00 BST
11:00 EDT
08:00 PDT
00:00 JST
01:00 AEST

i read that as shigeru miyamoto like 10 times

I feel like that berenstain bears thing happened to me with this post title

SuperSah

Banned
Yesssss, another Pokemon game with a lazily optimised engine and abhorrent performance! Now with lazy Pokemon reskins!

i am still very much excited for SM

Experienced the exact same sensation. You are not alone.

I even re-read it several times, knowing that Miyamoto has nothing to do with Pokemon and finding it weird that he would be presenting it. Then saw the New Thread bot on Twitter tweet it out 5 minutes later and it clicked.

JoeM86

Honestly in some trailers you still see slowdown in battles. I am also sure the reveal trailer had the same '3D only in some areas' message.

Correct me if wrong.

3D in some areas doesn't mean it's poorly optimised. Come on.

I also thought the consensus was that there has been no slowdown seen

SuperSah

Banned
3D in some areas doesn't mean it's poorly optimised. Come on.

I also thought the consensus was that there has been no slowdown seen

Considering the game visually looks rather mediocre and way more complex 3DS games have 3D it does scream lazily optimised engine to me.

Not sure about the consensus but the slowdown is there as ever. I'm still excited for the game, just disappointed GF doesn't seem to actually want to improve the performance of their games.

JoeM86

Considering the game visually looks rather mediocre and way more complex 3DS games have 3D it does scream lazily optimised engine to me.

Not sure about the consensus but the slowdown is there as ever. I'm still excited for the game, just disappointed GF doesn't seem to actually want to improve the performance of their games.

How does it look mediocre?

Crocodile

How does it look mediocre?

Textures can look ROUGH as fuck frankly

I mean it seems clear to me that the engine has improved from XY and "lazy devs" is always an excuse/complaint that grinds my gears because its rarely what's actually going on with any game's development but things could still be better. I'm certainly looking forward to the inevitable Pokemon game for NX. We know there are higher res versions of all these models in existence.

casiopao

Can't wait.^_^ Give us moar news on new Poke and competitive ones too.

Moar info on EV and IV training would also be great lol.

Textures can look ROUGH as fuck frankly

I mean it seems clear to me that the engine has improved from XY and "lazy devs" is always an excuse/complaint that grinds my gears because its rarely what's actually going on with any game's development but things could still be better. I'm certainly looking forward to the inevitable Pokemon game for NX. We know there are higher res versions of all these models in existence.

I actually can't recall bad looking environment textures in this game so far when viewing from the regular gameplay angle. When there's some zooming in, there's issues with Pixelation but I'd hardly call the game bad looking when the art design is pretty on point this generation. I'm really liking the painterly look to the Rock textures. Some of that water in the wishiwashi battlefield looks great as well. Of course everything could be better, but what they achieved as far as representing the pokemon world in 3D looks every solid.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
This could be a good opportunity to give international names for Nuikoguma, Sunabaa, and Shirodesuna. It seems odd to me that it hasn't happened yet and didn't happen with the last trailer, so perhaps they're saving it for Gamescom. However, not sure how they could "randomly" encounter them unless they're going to show off a new area like a beach or wherever Nuikoguma hangs out.

Neiteio

This could be a good opportunity to give international names for Nuikoguma, Sunabaa, and Shirodesuna. It seems odd to me that it hasn't happened yet and didn't happen with the last trailer, so perhaps they're saving it for Gamescom. However, not sure how they could "randomly" encounter them unless they're going to show off a new area like a beach or wherever Nuikoguma hangs out.
Those three were labeled as Coro Coro exclusives in the magazine. Similar thing happened with Komala and Rockruff, exclusive for a couple weeks to Coro Coro before they finally received an international reveal. Hopefully we get names for them soon.

takriel

As much as I like these new games, I hope we get a higher res version of them on NX soon. I'm frankly done with this 3DS Pokemon engine. It's just not good enough. Fuck 240p.

It is somewhat amusing for me to be double blind to the what is going on since I cannot read the German subs or understand Japanese.

Top Bottom