• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Pokemon Sun and Moon News in Sept 6th

Mr-Joker

Banned
a series anniversary doesn't focus on the starting show

I'm surprised Pokemon is the only one doing this. Kamen Rider and Super Sentai for instance never did this on their anniversaries.

Agreed, for example when they celebrated 10 years of the Heisei Riders they did Decade and celebrated all season leading up to Decade and they did that big movie with OOOs to celebrate Kamen Rider 40th anniversary with included all riders from the first right up to OOOs who was the then recent rider.

Sentai also did something similar with their 35th with Gokaiger.

Heck I even mention Sonic Generation celebrating 20 years of Sonic and when Doctor Who celebrated its 50th anniversary they did something completely new with the then current Doctor.

So I am sorry but Game Freak and The Pokémon Company is being a tad bit bias when it comes to gen 1 and completely missed the point of celebrating 20 years of Pokémon as a whole.

The sad part is they they will probably do the same when it comes to the series 30th anniversary and do nothing when gen 2 or that matter the other gens 20th anniversary comes up.

So what does everyone expect for tomorrow?

New Pokémon, New Alolan form, the starters evolution and a bit more about the story.

They could always include special areas to receive those Pokemon in future games and/or come up with some sort of migration/importation reasoning.

Could be a perfect reason to bring back Safari Park and have these Pokémon be in there along with future regional variants they may do.

Trakan

I know Gamefreak doesn't usually carry mechanics/features into the next games, but I really hope the Friend Safari returns. It was my favorite part of X/Y and great postgame content IMO.

Falchion

Do a lot of people actually want a demo? It seems like one of those games that everyone knows if they're getting it or not.

Razmos

They'll probably show us Alolan Raticate and Alolan Persian. The former we already know exists.

And possibly the evolution of Morelull and Comfey

Maybe a couple more Z moves will be shown too. (Charizard is so getting a unique Z move)

Rafavert

They'll probably show us Alolan Raticate and Alolan Persian. The former we already know exists.

And possibly the evolution of Morelull and Comfey

Maybe a couple more Z moves will be shown too. (Charizard is so getting a unique Z move)

Oh please, no way Charizard is getting a unique Z-move.
He's getting two.
They'll also confirm megas are still in by showing Mega Charizard Z.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I find it weird that it comes out in 10pm Japan of all times, like all the other vids

wouldn't it be more sensible on around prime time?

Rafavert

I find it weird that it comes out in 10pm Japan of all times, like all the other vids

wouldn't it be more sensible on around prime time?

They probably aimed for a more convenient time for the whole world. Even if Japan's video is the first, US version will follow shortly.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Looking forward to today. A part of me is thinking starter evolutions, as coro coro is revealing Rockruff's secret this month. The secret it shares is with the starters, and with the starters arguably being more important, Gamefreak would probably want to show the secret off with them first in an official reveal.

Also, I'm lucky to live in the UK. It seems Poke news always hits around dinner time which is perfect for me. Perhaps this is they're way of making it up to us for the later release date :p

Malrend

Hoping for, as others have mentioned, some Alolan forms for pokemon that aren't Gen I.
Other than that, some more info on the Pokerides mechanic, and whether it replaces HMs or not.

I really don't want to keep HM slaves anymore.

Hoping for, as others have mentioned, some Alolan forms for pokemon that aren't Gen I.
Other than that, some more info on the Pokerides mechanic, and whether it replaces HMs or not.

Same, I hate giving up a spot in my team to a HM slave Pokemon I wouldn't have in my team otherwise.

And for selfish reasons I want an Alolan Primeape, just because Primeape was one of my favorite gen 1 Pokemon as a kid.

And an Alolan Noctowl please. Thanks.

Rafavert

I'd like this HM part. HM are due for a revamp. Not getting my hopes up for non gen 1 forms, though...

ffdgh

Gen 1 deserves to be the only gen to get the focus. It's the 30th anniversary and they started it. I'm glad it's only gen 1. It's a celebration and their VC games can transfer to this game since you can only catch some of their Alolan versions in Alola.

Come on no it doesn't. XY gave gen 1 quite a bit of love compared to other gens already. Heck the first pokemon you encounter in the game is a forced pidgey lol.

Malrend

Same, I hate giving up a spot in my team to a HM slave Pokemon I wouldn't have in my team otherwise.

And for selfish reasons I want an Alolan Primeape, just because Primeape was one of my favorite gen 1 Pokemon as a kid.

And an Alolan Noctowl please. Thanks.

Honestly, Mankey and Primeape are the only Kanto-mon left that I want to see given any sort of additional attention, bar streamlining the Nidorans.

And I second Alolan Noctowl.
Also Alolan Hoppip-line

Genio88

NX version announcement, plus "about NX we'll have more news to share September 13 on a special Nintendo NX Direct, don't miss!"

JoeM86

gy11DRR.gif

NX version announcement, plus "about NX we'll have more news to share September 13 on a special Nintendo NX Direct, don't miss!"

This is TPCi doing the reveals, not Nintendo so don't get your hopes up

CoroCoro will likely leak by the end of the week

While CoroCoro can leak on the 10th or the 11th, it's very atypical. It's also very atypical to leak on a Sunday. Monday is the safest bet

Forkball

They might announce a demo, but I don't think they would release one over two months before the game comes out.

Outside of the obvious new Pokemon, we will certainly get an Alolan Pokemon or two. Perhaps Alolan Pidgey to go with the Rattata? Each update comes with some info on the story or new gameplay features, so hopefully we get more info on how we actually progress through the game.

JoeM86

They might announce a demo, but I don't think they would release one over two months before the game comes out.

Depends if they're doing it through ridiculous code distribution again or not. If they are, then they need to announce in advance, then announce how to get the codes then have the demo come out

Top Bottom