• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Pokemon Sun and Moon News in Sept 6th

Forkball

Depends if they're doing it through ridiculous code distribution again or not. If they are, then they need to announce in advance, then announce how to get the codes then have the demo come out

September: Demo announced

October: Demo distribution information announced

November: Local stores you have to physically go to in order to retrieve the demo codes announced

December: Demo codes available in certain cities across the globe

March: Demo finally released on the eShop and bundled with the NX

JoeM86

November: Local stores you have to physically go to in order to retrieve the demo codes announced

Sounds about right :p

So good possibility of a demo announced today because of the Korean filed thing?

Edit: would be a great way to promote Ash Greninja Z stone and have it transfer over.

I don't think froakie is native to Alola.

If they do announce the demo I hope it's not the only announcement, the announcement of a few new things that we can see in the demo would be cool.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Sounds like Nintendo alright.

Snorlax's wake-up move is like the only thing that has me interested in Sun and Moon currently. :/ Hopefully that's easy to get beyond "lol pre-order the game!" Because lord knows Gamestop and other places will totally screw that up.

Snorlax's wake-up move is like the only thing that has me interested in Sun and Moon currently. :/ Hopefully that's easy to get beyond "lol pre-order the game!" Because lord knows Gamestop and other places will totally screw that up.

I was under the impression that you didn't have to pre-order the game to get that special Munchlax. You just have to buy the game before January, 17th (?), 2017.

Nightbird

It's not a pre order bonus. Its available for everyone to download in the first two months after release.

@Demo discussion. I really do hope we get an announcement today. I wanna dip my toes into alola before jumping in completely in November

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was under the impression that you didn't have to pre-order the game to get that special Munchlax. You just have to buy the game before January, 17th (?), 2017.

January 11th. Just remember it's the date of the first episode of Hidamari Sketch and you'll be set.

Also you won't get a demo. It'll just be a Pikachu hat to buy in Miitomo.

Koeta

I wouldn't be so bothered about Mega Evolutions if not for the fact the Poke Bank removes all items from the Pokemon when you store them, makes it such a pain.

Nightbird

Godammit I just noticed that Z-moves are a derision/replacement of gems from BW.

b74c1749fa58f1fdd0e422404566cc5d.gif

Kyzer

Banned
As if they would do both. They are already redesigning older Pokemon, so that they don't need to add more new Pokemon to Sun and Moon.

Take a look at XY.

Yup. We got 72 new Pokemon (69 at launch) and Volcanion #72 is still not released and made available.

So, I'm taking a guess and saying that the number of actual new Pokemon will be similiar. Do I hope that I'll be proven wrong? Yes, I do.

But how do you get the idea that the forms and Megas and stuff are instead of new Pokemon, or that they won't do both?

There are a lot of things that happened with XY that could be attributed with impacting the number of new Pokemon . I would think having to create 3d models and animations and figure out the whole battle system for 3d would have a bigger impact than anything else. Not exactly a good time to add 150 new Pokemon, you know?

JoeM86

But how do you get the idea that the forms and Megas and stuff are instead of new Pokemon, or that they won't do both?

There are a lot of things that happened with XY that could be attributed with impacting the number of new Pokemon . I would think having to create 3d models and animations and figure out the whole battle system for 3d would have a bigger impact than anything else. Not exactly a good time to add 150 new Pokemon, you know?

They ended up adding 122 in Gen VI. That's a solid enough number

Yes, I count Megas

Chase17

I mean if cross gen evolutions/baby pokemon count, I don't see why megas wouldn't. I imagine it takes a similar amount of work to create them.

ash_ag

On top of that, they likely wanted to showcase and get people to come to terms with the 3D look of old Pokémon. Between XY and ORAS, all species (baring Mythicals) are available and often seen in the wild, Trainer battles, and the like. Looking at older generations, that was hardly the case. There are still Gen 4/5 sprites that I'm not used to seeing.

All of these matters, both technical and non-technical, made the addition of only 72 new species reasonable. Now that people are used to essentially all Pokémon, it makes sense to diversify them and freshen things up. Alolan forms are one means to doing this, but I would say a slightly bigger number of actual new species would also make sense.

georly

They ended up adding 122 in Gen VI. That's a solid enough number

Yes, I count Megas

My question is how we're going to handle forms. Do they count as new pokemon? I mean, work had to be done, they're different render/type and have new moves.

But so do these guys:

250px-413Wormadam-Plant.png
110px-413Wormadam-Sandy.png
110px-413Wormadam-Trash.png

Ohhh, Alolan Raticate as well.

Edit: Wait, Sun and Moon are set 10 hours apart. Does that mean it's always dark in Moon? Or just that certain events take place at night? Huh.

gardfish

POKEMON SNAP SEQUEL CONFIRMED

MEGATON

Also what's with the Ultra Beasts? Are these going to be uncatchable Pokemon or something?

Top Bottom