• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Kung Fu Rabbit for Wii U eShop ($2 sale in NA right now!)

WiiU_screenshot_TV_012D8.jpg

Fly little Bunny, Fly!

This game was initially a mobile game created by cTools Studio, with assistance by Bulkypix and Cazap. Neko Entertainment did the Wii U port.

I just bought this yesterday for $2 as well as Puddle for $4), also from Neko which I haven't tried yet, both are on sale for two weeks as of November 22nd according to Neko so that means it should be expiring on Friday December 6th, they're 60% off! So Kung Fu Rabbit is normally $5. Puddle is normally $8.

WARNING: Canadian eShop prices are SLIGHTLY higher, mine was actually $2.07, so make sure you have the extra pennies in your account if your Canadian and want to buy it. Puddle is as well (forgot the exact amount).

So what about the game you ask? Well I just had a fucking blast!

This is uber simple gameplay and controls, the goal is to not die :)O) while collecting three regular carrots as well as one big carrot, and save a little bunny at the end of each level.

Control wise you just need the D-Pad and the A button (Start pauses).

What's uber fun is the ability to HOP UP WALLS, you just keep hitting A and you can go as high as needed. Damn more games need this!

And to kill enemies, at least early on, you just walk through them from behind and the bunny hits them and kills them automatically, ain't that handy?

I've nearly cleared the first world, there are 60 levels, and three worlds, but you can unlock an additional 20 more levels in a bonus world as you go along.

It seems to be fair in terms of challenge, there are from brain teasers like how to get certain carrots that look unreachable and how to get some without dying in the pools of black Tim Curry Hexxus goo.

You unlock the ability to buy items and power-ups with the carrots you collect, but I've not bothered with any so far, so I can't really say anything about them. :p

Graphically it's really clean looking and runs without a hitch, looks like it's in 60fps. Not terribly sure if it's 720p or 1080p, I have a 720p TV so I can't know for certain.

Music's kinda underwhelming, but I do like the bubbly sound effects, and the bunny sounds cute as do the bunnies you rescue.

Finally the game IS on Vita as well and is also on sale for 60% off for 15 days as of November 26th (so it expires on December 11th?) but I'm not sure of the prices. It's also been confirmed for 3DS!

So that's all really for now! Hope you liked my LTTP impressions!

fred

Both games are great, although Puddle does have some minor camera issues that might bother some people. I quite happily paid full price for them and recommend them both, at those prices they're a steal!

In the UK eShop there are two games by Two Tribes, EDGE and Toki Tori 1, on sale for £1.79. It's great that Nintendo are allowing developers to set their own prices, gives the eShop a real Steam-esque feel.

Both games are great, although Puddle does have some minor camera issues that might bother some people. I quite happily paid full price for them and recommend them both, at those prices they're a steal!

In the UK eShop there are two games by Two Tribes, EDGE and Toki Tori 1, on sale for £1.79. It's great that Nintendo are allowing developers to set their own prices, gives the eShop a real Steam-esque feel.

Yep, I got both Toki Tori 1 and Edge on Wii U! More devs need to learn from Two Tribes and Neko!

maxcriden

Thanks for the impressions, I was wondering about this game. For $2 I'll probably pick it up. These dirt cheap eShop sales are amazing. Toki Tori was the best $2 I have ever spent on a game.

Thanks for the impressions, I was wondering about this game. For $2 I'll probably pick it up. These dirt cheap eShop sales are amazing. Toki Tori was the best $2 I have ever spent on a game.

I like Toki Tori so far as well. :)

You know, if mobile devs leverage the Nintendo Web Framework that apparently makes mobile ports a snap, we could see these prices much more often, hopefully.

I love this kind of games but not enough time sadly.

This is something that if played right can be big for Nintendo, having all kinds of games and game prices and shifting some attention to the e-shop.

Glass Joe

Seems more iOS games would be ported cheaply but this one game is more of the exception than the rule. Worth it at $5, definitely recommended at $2. I'm hoping this gets some sales so we can see more iPhone games follow this model instead of the Angry Birds plan.

Wait so Puddle is good? Folk in the Wii U thread weren't so hot on it.

Ia haven't tried it yet, but I've heard great things about it, what have Wii U owners said? I believe it's supposed to be the definitive version?

HELL, Neko created it, and the original PS360 versions were actually published by Konami os all folks, this time Neko self-published it on Wii U (and Vita IIRC).

Zomba13

Pretty cool game. Plays like a much easier Super Meat Boy but a little slower (though you can get items to equip that speed you up.
I really enjoyed it and it does get pretty challenging towards the end.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll look into it. Wii U needs a good eShop scene.

maxcriden

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll look into it. Wii U needs a good eShop scene.

Not to derail the thread, but on freezamite's behalf I must recommend Toki Tori and Toki Tori 2+. I would also strongly recommend Bit.Trip Runner 2 and The Cave.

Glass Joe

Not to derail the thread, but on freezamite's behalf I must recommend Toki Tori and Toki Tori 2+. I would also strongly recommend Bit.Trip Runner 2 and The Cave.

Edge. Everyone should get Edge too. It's a steal at $1.99.

Toki Tori 1, Edge, Kung Fu Rabbit and Puddle can be had for a total of $10. You'll definitely get a lot of gaming out of that $10.

OmegaX

Wait so Puddle is good? Folk in the Wii U thread weren't so hot on it.
It's quite good for what it does. You would think that making a game about moving fluids around would get old fast but the levels are really creative. I've yet to finish it because it gets very difficult sometimes but so far it's been fun to pick it up, play half hour or so when I don't feel like playing anything else.
So far I've gotten Puddle, Nano Assault Neo, Toki Tori, and Edge. I can recommend all of them for short bursts of fun every once in a while.
I guess I should be getting Kung Fu Rabbit at this price.

maxcriden

Edge. Everyone should get Edge too. It's a steal at $1.99.

Toki Tori 1, Edge, Kung Fu Rabbit and Puddle can be had for a total of $10. You'll definitely get a lot of gaming out of that $10.

I did buy Edge as well but I cannot recommend it as I have been unable to play it due to the cube blinking when you move it. It's a significant migraine trigger for me. I have emailed Two Tribes to see if there is a setting or anything that I can use to turn off the blinking. I'd really like to play the game as it looks pretty awesome.

maxcriden

Okay, I finally played it and we really enjoyed it quite a bit. We've played 9 levels so far and while it's not too challenging yet--and the levels are on the short side--the difficulty curve is totally reasonable and the challenge seems to be ramping up a bit. The artstyle is great, the Rabbit controls smoothly, and the game is just a lot of fun. So far highly recommend it, especially at the current price point.

shaowebb

This seems to be a really slow super meat boy clone...like in every sense of the word. Controls to character design so much is from Super Meat Boy...except the challenge of staying alive and precision jumping doesn't seem to exist in this.

Am I missing something here?

This seems to be a really slow super meat boy clone...like in every sense of the word. Controls to character design so much is from Super Meat Boy...except the challenge of staying alive and precision jumping doesn't seem to exist in this.

... like the total opposite, I mean in at least the 2nd world it's PRECISELY that!

The fact that it's not like SMB at all?

l just purchased both KungFu Rabbit and Toki Tori 1 due to this thread. I'll start one of them once l'm finished with The Cave. Only two and a half runs left before l have all the character endings.

maxcriden

l just purchased both KungFu Rabbit and Toki Tori 1 due to this thread. I'll start one of them once l'm finished with The Cave. Only two and a half runs left before l have all the character endings.

Not to derail the thread, but this is my slight issue with The Cave. I'm really digging the game (terrible pun, sorry) and I can imagine replaying the game once for all-new character-specific areas, but not a second time for only one more new area. It's a great game though, very clever and a lot of fun.

maxcriden

I just wanted to jump in here again and mention how much I'm enjoying this game. Thanks again for the recommendation Hero of Legend! It's a really fun, addictive game with smooth gameplay, impressive graphics and a unique art style, and overall it's just a really excellent game and the best $2 I've spent on the eShop. I can't recommend it strongly enough!

Top Bottom