• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skittles (Limited Edition Ice Cream Flavor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
So I totally buy a bag of Skittles, but I didn't notice it has some ice cream flavor in the bag. It's the traditional Skittles, not the warped tropical kind.

But they took out red skittles and replaced it with this ice cream flavor. That should have been the first alarm.

It's supposedly a "Strawberry icecream" flavour, but it tastes like anal leakage mixed with orange juice and milk. So I ask... who had this bright idea? Ice cream is not a fruit, it does not belong next to lime, orange and lemons. ICE CREAM IS NOT A FUCKING PART OF THE RAINBOW, ASSHOLES. Don't fuck with classic Skittles, especially when the result is ass-flavoured throwup. If anyone can relay this message to the creator of ice cream flavour skittle, I'd appreciate it.

Got a bag of the ice cream kind for easter. Terrible.

skittles-ice-cream-flavor-724141.jpg

Since when is chocolate part of the rainbow? Rainbow of ass, maybe.

Amir0x

Banned
Cymbal Head said:
Got a bag of the ice cream kind for easter. Terrible.

skittles-ice-cream-flavor-724141.jpg

Since when is chocolate part of the rainbow? Rainbow of ass, maybe.

WTF, they have an entire BAG of those things? Of only ice cream flavor skittles?

Jesus christ.

dbish

O, and don't worry. They are ALL ass. It's not just the red one. I shotgunned a bag my roomate had because he didn't like them...and immidietly regretted the decision.

STAY AWAY!

JPRaup

Banned
I had those skittles at work

I remember one flavor in it being ok but the rest was disgusting

Regular Skittles FTW or Mixed berry

5f04homerapu8si.jpg

Homer: Hey Apu, you got any of that beer with the candy floating in it?
Apu: There is, no such thing
Homer: Oh, well give me a six pack and a bag of Skittles

Seth C

Amir0x said:
So I totally buy a bag of Skittles, but I didn't notice it has some ice cream flavor in the bag. It's the traditional Skittles, not the warped tropical kind.

But they took out red skittles and replaced it with this ice cream flavor. That should have been the first alarm.

It's supposedly a "Strawberry icecream" flavour, but it tastes like anal leakage mixed with orange juice and milk. So I ask... who had this bright idea? Ice cream is not a fruit, it does not belong next to lime, orange and lemons. ICE CREAM IS NOT A FUCKING PART OF THE RAINBOW, ASSHOLES. Don't fuck with classic Skittles, especially when the result is ass-flavoured throwup. If anyone can relay this message to the creator of ice cream flavour skittle, I'd appreciate it.

I'm with you. The red Skittles are the best ones, and those are the ones they replace? I thought they had just ADDED a flavor for a time period, not replaced the best ones. That was $2 straight in to the garbage can. Trying to eat a handful of mixed flavors, the ice cream flavored Skittles ruin the entire thing.

Mac the KNife said:
5f04homerapu8si.jpg

Homer: Hey Apu, you got any of that beer with the candy floating in it?
Apu: There is, no such thing
Homer: Oh, well give me a six pack and a bag of Skittles

Close, but no cigar. My all-time favorite exchange on the Simpsons.

Homer: "I'm feelin' low, Apu. You got any of that beer that has candy floating in it, you know, Skittlebrau?"

Apu: "Such a product does not exist, sir! You must have dreamed it."

Homer: "Oh. Well then just gimme a six-pack and a couple of bags of Skittles."

distantmantra said:
Close, but no cigar. My all-time favorite exchange on the Simpsons.

Homer: "I'm feelin' low, Apu. You got any of that beer that has candy floating in it, you know, Skittlebrau?"

Apu: "Such a product does not exist, sir! You must have dreamed it."

Homer: "Oh. Well then just gimme a six-pack and a couple of bags of Skittles."

Haha thanks, I was feeling a little lazy and just phoned it in.

BTW, the first beer company to make this is my master.

Mac the KNife said:
Haha thanks, I was feeling a little lazy and just phoned it in.

BTW, the first beer company to make this is my master.

Taken from Wiki:

"It is assumed the combination derives from the historical phrase Life is not all beer and skittles, referring to the game of ninepins and documented in 1894. It may also be inspired by the regional penchant in various enclaves around the USA (parts of the Midwest and South) for combining M&Ms or peanuts and cola. In Long Island, New York some people drink Zima with Skittles in it. It could also reference the short-lived Orbitz soft drink which was sold during 1996 and 1997, just prior to the air date of this episode."

Wikipedia said:
"It is assumed the combination derives from the historical phrase Life is not all beer and skittles, referring to the game of ninepins and documented in 1894. It may also be inspired by the regional penchant in various enclaves around the USA (parts of the Midwest and South) for combining M&Ms or peanuts and cola. In Long Island, New York some people drink Zima with Skittles in it. It could also reference the short-lived Orbitz soft drink which was sold during 1996 and 1997, just prior to the air date of this episode."

Most indecisive informative quote pretty much ever..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom