• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

International Dairy Foods Association 2017 survey results on US top ice cream flavors

Vanilla over chocolate?

Who are these barbarians?
I imagine Vanilla won this through a plurality. When listing flavors, it'll be an easy (and common) one for every person to mention. I doubt it topped a lot of lists, but probably had a place on nearly every list.

UberTag

Masochists.

How can you eat something mint flavor and not feel like you're brushing your teeth
The secret is to brush your teeth with non-mint toothpaste. Then you no longer associate mint with brushing your teeth and can enjoy it as an ice cream flavor enhancer.

Nobody likes coffee ice cream ��
slack-imgs-1.com_.gif
626258.gif

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Turkey Hill's Double Dunker.

"Mocha ice cream swirled with chewy cookie dough and crunchy chocolate cookie swirl."

Best thing that's ever happened to ice cream.

I love mint choco chip ice cream
even as a topping on pineapple pizza
, and I still have to concede that is one boring ass list.

jviggy43

Mint was robbed of the top spot. But then again 97% of Americans eat their steak wrong so I suppose getting mint to 4th is progress

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I never understood why people don't like it. Mint Chocolate Chip is the best flavor.

I hate mint. Mint is for breath fresheners and toothpaste, not food.

Although I have to admit butter pecan making the top 10 is way more surprising to me than mint chocolate chip being in there. I'm well aware of how popular mint chocolate chip is but I can't recall ever seeing anyone order butter pecan.

Mint was robbed of the top spot. But then again 97% of Americans eat their steak wrong so I suppose getting mint to 4th is progress

Mint people are the well done steak eaters, I assure you.

Malvolio

Fuck yeah. Take that chocolate! You and chocolate cake are nothing but pretenders. Real chocolate will not stand for your charade. May vanilla always rise above your pathetic simulation of greatness.

jviggy43

Although I have to admit butter pecan making the top 10 is way more surprising to me than mint chocolate chip being in there.

I'm mint, and nothing gets cooked above rare for me. You don't assure me of anything!!!

Mint Chocolate Chip ice-cream is delicious, especially if you crunch up some oreo cookies in it. The top five list is really good though. I think for a personal list I'd put Mint in the #3 spot and move cookie dough to the #4 spot.

totowhoa

Banned
Fuck Neopolitan being in the top 10, and it's a tragic that Butter Pecan isn't higher. Otherwise, most ice cream is good and I'll eat about anything on that list happily.

Butter Pecan is in my top 3 for sure though. I'm not sure what else, and I couldn't give you an order I'd stick to, but a good Butter Pecan is soooo fucking good.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Cookie Dough and Chocklit Chip Cookie Dough are the same fucking thing. Where's my chocolate peanut butter?

Poppy

Cookie Dough and Chocklit Chip Cookie Dough are the same fucking thing. Where's my chocolate peanut butter?

i think peanut butter in ice cream is always lacking in flavor, maybe its just a temperature thing

however i am certain that chocolate peanut butter ice cream with a proper amount of salt would taste great, after all salted chocolate is good and peanut butter should have salt to it anyway

Us cool people partake in Black Walnut.

Although I have to admit butter pecan making the top 10 is way more surprising to me than mint chocolate chip being in there. I'm well aware of how popular mint chocolate chip is but I can't recall ever seeing anyone order butter pecan.

BP rules here in the South. I would probably hazard to guess it's placing here would be around 3rd.

Ponn

Banned
I worked in a baskin robbins in high school part time and i got really tired of the people coming in asking "so whats the best flavor" It's a completely objective thing and we offered free tastes so it was such a pointless thing to ask. I decided to start answering vanilla everytime since it was the flavor we went through the most, like 4 times as much as any other flavor. So many confused and deer in headlight faces when I started doing that.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I want Mint cookies & cream chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. That would be perfection.

Osukaa

Where is rocky road 🤔

Its a travesty I agree. The only flavor on that stupid list that I like is Strawberry. I hate vanilla so much.. If I eat Ice cream I prefer it to have some sort of fruit involved or be a nice dark smooth chocolate...

Damn, craving ice cream now, looks like i'm buying Rocky Road on the way home

kmfdmpig

I'm surprised that cookies and cream and butter pecan are so high. I don't see them as much as I did 15-20 years ago.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I never understood why people like mint-flavored ice cream.

Its refreshing with a blast of depth with the chocolate. Although, like cilantro, I can understand mint having a different effect on different people.

And vanilla. All these basic mofuckas out there.

Ponn

Banned
Coconut ice cream is fucking delicious. I have no idea why it's so hard to find. :'(

I know people are afraid of it now but Blue Bell makes a really great coconut fudge ice cream that uses actual coconut and not just flavoring. And yes it is still hard to find, either it sells out quick or the ice cream guy only stocks 2 of them.

Top Bottom