• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

International Dairy Foods Association 2017 survey results on US top ice cream flavors

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.latfusa.com/article/2017/7/national-ice-cream-month-what-are-americas-top-5/

The survey was conducted by the International Dairy Foods Association (IDFA) among its members who make and market ice cream as well as members of the National Ice Cream Retailers Association, which includes operators of ice cream parlors in the United States.

IDFA released the results to launch its celebration of National Ice Cream Month, which runs throughout the month of July.

According to the survey, America's top five flavors are: vanilla, chocolate, Cookies N' Cream, Mint Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

When asked to name their most daring and creative flavors, the respondents listed less traditional options including Lemon Poppyseed Muffin, Black Sesame and a bourbon- and caffeine-spiked concoction called Exhausted Parent.

Survey results also confirmed that many ice cream makers and retailers have family-owned businesses, have been in operation for more than 50 years and primarily market their products locally and regionally.

When asked about ingredients added to ice cream, the majority of those surveyed said that pecans are the most popular nut or nut flavoring, while strawberries are the most popular fruit added to their frozen treats.

Waffle cones and sugar cones were voted as equally popular containers with consumers, while ice cream sandwiches came out on top as America's favorite novelty product. Respondents voted the ice cream sandwich as their best-selling novelty over ice cream cups, pops, cones and bars respectively.

GRRS9uMl.jpg

collige

Banned
Counting "cookie dough" and "chocolate chip cookie dough" as separate strikes me as weird and that's coming from a massive cookie dough lover

Mint chocolate chip, cookies and cream, moose tracks and buttered pecan.

My fellow Americans doing me proud today.

Neapolitan is for people with commitment issues though.

Ivan 3414

The real question is why do people like Butter Pecan.

It's like one of those old flavors from the 50s when people had four flavor options. There's so many varieties now, why would you come back to this? I've only ever seen the elderly seek this flavor out.

Poppy

mint choco chip is the best ice cream flavor

vanilla is much much better than chocolate prettymuch everytime

whats up

The real question is why do people like Butter Pecan. It's one of those old flavors from the 50s when people had four flavor options. I've only ever seen the elderly seek this flavor out.

i actually think its pretty good. its like a pecan sandie in ice cream form

The hell is that Moose Tracks flavor?
Typically chocolate chunks in vanilla ice cream with big swirls of fudge inside. It's pretty great and the only reason it isn't higher is probably because it just hasn't gotten around as much and the fudge parts are not conducive to ice cream cones.

WTF is neopolitan doing on this list. The others I can understand, at least, but that unholy mix is just terrible. Where's rocky road?

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Strawberry
Maple Walnut
Black raspberry cheesecake
Coconut Macaroon (coconut ice cream, toasted coconut, dark chocolate swirl)
Privateer's Bounty (black licorice, salted caramel, and vanilla)

antonz

The irony over Vanilla is most people immediately put chocolate syrup or other boosters on it. So in the end it really isn't even vanilla

The real question is why do people like Butter Pecan.

It's like one of those old flavors from the 50s when people had four flavor options. There's so many varieties now, why would you come back to this? I've only ever seen the elderly seek this flavor out.
I like it because my mother likes it because when she went to buy ice cream from the store she would only get that or Neapolitan.

Sad that the general US is not a fan of/hasnot yet discovered Blue Moon ice cream.

Or Superman.
I love Blue Moon ice cream but it is a rare flavor and I only know of one local place near me that sells it.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
That's a really boring list. And no mango, green tea or coconut confirms that Americans have shit taste when it comes to ice cream.

Top Bottom