• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda is a good series. But I have some suggestions to make it even better.

Troll? All bad ideas.

You need tutorials. Zelda is not "Metroidvanish." Link needs to not speak. People need to not have voice acting. Side quests are great. All other ideas are ridiculous.

It seems you simply don't appreciate what makes Zelda great and want to change it to make it like other games. That's not how you make something already great better.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
239x294px-05e88b93_ebb22674_not-sure-if-serious.jpeg

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
He is clearly trolling. That one: "Ganon(dorf?) has retired from evil. The main villain is now Ganon's teenage son, Eric." was a bit too obvious.
Good work though on igniting the Zelda fan wrath :p

You can replay all dungeons via level select and can upload your fastest speed runs to an online leaderboard.

You can replay all dungeons via level select and can upload your fastest speed runs to an online leaderboard.

D5uJuyO.gif
D5uJuyO.gif
D5uJuyO.gif
D5uJuyO.gif
D5uJuyO.gif
D5uJuyO.gif

I don't care if you're trolling, this actually needs to happen. I don't ever want to play through the dire opening hours of Twilight Princess again just to replay dungeon 4 and beyond.

sn00zer

Not a huge fan of Zelda, so bear with me, but I played through a lot of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker and was extremely disappointed both times when they backtrack on something innovative with the story. In Wind Waker Zelda is now a bad as pirate with a wicked suntan and mixed race...NOT ANYMORE now shes a pale frail creature who gets locked away again. Hey you see that bad ass general guy who is wrecking shit and that mysterious new force taking over the world? GOT YOU AGAIN IT WAS GANON THE WHOLE TIME.....

no mandatory tutorials in any game ever unless you pick it from a menu. its not hard to press every damn button or combination of.

why does zelda have to take so long to tell me what kind of rupee i found. thats one feature thats always pissed me off. dont tell me what im picking up for so long hold it up and cheer but it doesn't have to hold.

Moff

I like the idea of links voice being stolen, that should have happened at the start of skyward sword

Woffls

Suspicious by the end of line 2, but line 3 is where it broke down for me. The rest got a few laughs :D

The next overworld needs to be a hub of awesome. I'm tired of it just being an incidental place between the bits I actually care about, and I still have to spend so much time there.

How about each temple has various entries and exits? Some allow you to bypass certain bits of the temple (maybe you don't have the right item), but will require you to do something in the overworld that cuts off other possibilities. I guess that would be annoying if the world didn't reset every three days, though...

Converse

Banned
Okay, even though this guy's clearly dicking around, I couldn't help it -- allow me to present the Official NeoGAF Drinking Game Rules for "The Next Zelda" Threads:

Take a drink when you read these terms:

--"open-world"
--"nonlinear"
--"play as Zelda"
--"hand-holding"
--"tutorials"
--"Fi"
--"mature"
--"Dark Souls"
--"fire Aonuma"
--"cell-shading"
--"Retro Studios"
--"voice acting"
--"Skyrim"
--"play as Sheik"
--"waggle"

Finish your drink when you read:

--"release it on PS4/Xbox One/a console that is not Wii U"

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I do think, some ideas are good (the mobility increase for example could help the game if applied properly), even though you don't seem to mean that. However, even if not serious, it's still better than what I usually read here, simply because I don't see any "Dark Souls" or "Zelda 1" mentions.

Duster

Sadly the 1/7(th?) increase in scores caused by these improvements will be countered by a two point drop due to the game not being enough to single-handedly save the WiiU.

Hmmm, maybe Link's quest should be to save the WiiU rather than some triforce nonsense (the best Zelda game doesn't contain the triforce) then your improvements will actually increase the metacritic average.

Village

Troll? All bad ideas.

You need tutorials. Zelda is not "Metroidvanish." Link needs to not speak. People need to not have voice acting. Side quests are great. All other ideas are ridiculous.

It seems you simply don't appreciate what makes Zelda great and want to change it to make it like other games. That's not how you make something already great better.
You don't get to decide that over reactive fan on internet

Anyways in response to voices.
YES. Not because it would be fancy, but because link hasn't been me since windwaker, link has been link. There is no illusion of him reprisenting me anymore just give him a voice. 5 people on gaf will be upset and then they will get over it and no one else will care just give a him a voice, shit is weird nowadays.

TomServo

I actually like the first part of the first "suggestion".

The Zelda intro segments (starting w/ OoT) are always my least favorite part of the game.

You are not serious. Especially with casting overused and annoying as hell Baker into my Zelda games. Jesus fucking Christ!

jimi_dini

• You start off in a dungeon/temple/whatever. Like, as soon as you start, no tutorials or annoying people to talk to. As you finish the dungeon, you walk outside...into another dungeon.
  • The entire world is a gigantic outside dungeon consisting of smaller inside dungeons. All the towns have been destroyed. It's also Metroidvanish. How about that.
  • There are no side quests ever because side quests are a waste of time.
  • Every character has full voice acting. In the beginning Link does as well, voiced by Troy Baker, but his voice gets stolen by the villain and he spends the rest of the game communicating in a series of honks.
  • You can replay all dungeons via level select and can upload your fastest speed runs to an online leaderboard.
  • Whenever Zelda's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Zelda"?
  • Link should be able to jump. In fact, he should be able to wall run and do other parkour stuff. This will improve puzzle complexity by up to at least 52%.
  • Ganon(dorf?) has retired from evil. The main villain is now Ganon's teenage son, Eric.
  • As well as the standard horse, you now have access to a dolphin pal, called Dolpha. You can travel underwater with him, and shoot arrows at gerudo sharks. There's an emotional scene later on where you have to choose between Dolpha and your horse.

LB8Tk.gif

MisterHero

I want Orson Welles to be the voice of Link

also, this game will have no cutscenes and story. they're a waste of time

Top Bottom