• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto

Do you see or do you not see?
Limbo is a place between fiction and reality!

...Naruto sure has a lot of colorful festival balloons.. I mean rasengans.

Uchiha eyeballs are so easy to pluck out and put in

They should be sold in a super market

Bleach

4 pages = 1 real page
Feels way too short

One Piece

Ragyo... I mean Dofy is OP as fuck
Usopp's army is basically useless

upandaway

One Piece

I love this. This part of Skypiea was great. We're finally getting into the arc proper now! Hoping for some good 1-on-1s.

I have no clue what Kinemon's holding there, is that supposed to be Kanjuuro? I guess we'll see soon.

Also I think it's pretty evident that this isn't the first time Doffy did this Bird Cage thing, and I'm willing to bet the previous time(s?) was at this scale too, and Law was part of it.
If this was any other Warlord, Fujitora would've came at him after this, but being a nobel throws a wrench into it. I still think he'll indirectly assist but that may he hoping for way too much out of him.

Last chapter I could have sworn the SHs were at a refreshingly strong position this time around, and 20 pages later they're in as much of a predicament as they are in every arc :lol there aren't enough SHs to get 1-on-1s with Doffy's crew.

Toriko

Okay WTF
I have never been so scared of a frog this much in my life

I don't know what is happening but I am excited

Coco fighting mind tricks with mind tricks

upandaway

Toriko

I'm still confused what's going on with the frog but in any case, that was fun. It was obvious they won't fall for such a trick but it's amusing just how fast they got skeptical and set up a counter. Toriko's practically looking bored when he talks to Coco as they got pulled, haha.

Kreed

One Piece 745:

Ok chapter even though it had a lot going on in the first couple of pages (probably should have just focused on Luffy and Ussop's stories, and given Zoro and Kin'emon proper time later). At least now thanks to Bird Cage, King Riku's excuse of being controlled will be easier to swallow by the citizens once Doflamingo is beaten (no matter how bad Doflamingo was, it wouldn't have excused what the citizens think King Riku did).

The clone puppet is a little crazy for a string ability but considering the likes of Law and Sugar I guess this should be expected going forward. Based on how Doflamingo got the advantage on Luffy, this should be the first opponent he has trouble against since the time skip. While I'm not a fan of Doflamingo's "rubber band power growth" since the time skip, it's about time Luffy went back to fighting challenging opponents/having to come up with clever ways of beating people, and Doflamingo is a good villain for it.

Bleach 578:

Really dumb end for a Kenpachi fight, especially after finally seeing his shikai. But somehow this is still better than two hands.

FYC

Banned
Naruto

YeShkTG.png

This face is killing me.

One Piece 745:

While I'm not a fan of Doflamingo's "rubber band power growth" since the time skip, it's about time Luffy went back to fighting challenging opponents/having to come up with clever ways of beating people, and Doflamingo is a good villain for it.

Have we ever seen Dofla actually put any effort into fights before the time skip? To me it always felt like he was just clowning around.

Have we ever seen Dofla actually put any effort into fights before the time skip? To me it always felt like he was just clowning around.

Nope even during the war Don was joking around even when he had Jozu under his control .
I figure his DF would awesome since i saw enough manga\anime to know string powers can be great but he even more broken that i thought he would be lol .

Nope even during the war Don was joking around even when he had Jozu under his control .
I figure his DF would awesome since i saw enough manga\anime to know string powers can be great but he even more broken that i thought he would be lol .

He stopped Jozu, he didn't have him under his control. Otherwise, I agree, we haven't seen how powerful he was, but it has always been hinted at that he was pretty strong. He is by far the best villain since the timeskip. Perhaps the best since Enel or Crocodile.

ffdgh

Naruto

So...limbo is basically a fancy way of saying madara has an invisible clone that no one should be able to see...ohok. Oh and lets rip out Kakashi's left eye (ouch) and instantly be able to use it :D.

One Piece

Doffy has a puppet clone...Dude is hax lol. Now the bird cage is covering the whole island for one final game. I'm curious to see how this plays out and if fujitora is just going to sit there.

He stopped Jozu, he didn't have him under his control. Otherwise, I agree, we haven't seen how powerful he was, but it has always been hinted at that he was pretty strong. He is by far the best villain since the timeskip. Perhaps the best since Enel or Crocodile.

Yeah should have been more clear , he might be my favorite villain so far .

One Piece

Doflamingo on some Dangan Ronpa s@#$ right now.

Bleach

Hey he failed to "live up" to his high expectations he imagined. I think I get the joke Kubo!

Naruto

Jesus 1 & 2 still doing things. Fastest eye gouging I've ever seen..

Naruto

At least this should be pretty animated *sigh*

Bleach

Lets see if this battle is actually over, last few have had fake out endings before

Toriko

Good Coco chapter its felt like forever since we've seen him have an awesome moment and this one delivered

One Piece

GODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Toriko

I'm still confused what's going on with the frog but in any case, that was fun. It was obvious they won't fall for such a trick but it's amusing just how fast they got skeptical and set up a counter. Toriko's practically looking bored when he talks to Coco as they got pulled, haha.

The frog seem to be a lure for them to be more comfortable I guess. Toriko said that he didn't have the scent of the frog at the sea.

Steroyd

Oh my days, I just heard Hunter x Hunter is coming back, w00t.

Naruto

Yes I thought Sasuske's new eye design was above the level of stupid I've come to expect, but this week's chapter wasn't so... terrible facepalm-y, yeah let's go with that.

I can easily see Obito entrusting Kakashi with the Rinnegan to come full circle.

One Piece

I've seen string abilities used but dayum this seems to be on some next level, never thought I'd see Dofa being hax in this manner lol.

upandaway

Toriko

The frog seem to be a lure for them to be more comfortable I guess. Toriko said that he didn't have the scent of the frog at the sea.
For some reason I thought the frog was real, I guess it makes sense if he was part of the fog.

But then I'm not sure why he didn't have the same scent, since all the other stuff were "real" illusions.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Toriko

For some reason I thought the frog was real, I guess it makes sense if he was part of the fog.

But then I'm not sure why he didn't have the same scent, since all the other stuff were "real" illusions.

I think toriko caught on to that beforehand, seeing that he was the one who revealed the ruse. They just decided to play along. Also toriko's nose is supposed to be pretty special.

LeleSocho

Banned
Toriko

rip in peace magic frog i hardly knew you but you were the best.

Toriko

I think that the frog was indeed real but it has been eaten by those things and reduced to a zombie status to talk with Toriko and Coco.
I hope i'm wrong though because i want to believe in the greatness of the frog.

upandaway

I think toriko caught on to that beforehand, seeing that he was the one who revealed the ruse. They just decided to play along. Also toriko's nose is supposed to be pretty special.
Speaking of which, it wasn't even the real Toriko, so I'm even more confused. How good is the dolls' sense of smell?!

I guess he was just saying things that sounded "right". That's kinda meta.

@Lele I think we can see the frog dissolving into fog with the food stands so I think he was really part of the fog

Raxus

One Piece

Whiskey Peak 2.0?

konejo-j-fry-o.gif

Bleach

Good chapter but I still dunno why Kenpachi didn't roflstomp him sooner.

Naruto

...what? Sakura continues to be useless.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

IT'S ON! And I thought shit was real for before, but now it's realer than real! Let's do this week in two weeks! I'd be upset if it was just One Piece that off, but it's Golden Week meaning everything is off.

Toriko

Coco = Batman, planning all of this from the start. Poor Frog...

I rarely comment on this but... Bleach

YOU ARE THE LAMEST VILLAIN EVER!

Kreed

One Piece 745:

I'm not referring to anything "in story", this is just reader commentary. For example, there's nothing in the story that would have prevented Doflamingo from having Emperor's Haki, so Oda giving Doflamingo that abiliity isn't a "plot hole" or anything like that. But that didn't stop it from feeling "cheap" from a reader's perspective when it was first revealed in the story.

But that's the nature of the One Piece story as a whole. As Luffy travels around, he has to face gradually more powerful opponents. So despite Doflamingo being in the story for a long time and being on the same "team" as the likes of Crocodile and Moria, he has to be stronger simply because he appeared later in the story, especially after the two year time skip where Luffy has made a lot of progress. Whereas in an imaginary scenario where the reverse was true, it's likely Crocodile would have benefitted from these upgrades instead.

Bleach

Another chapter suggesting that Bleach is ending rather soon. Im confused why this is the second time Kubo would go the route of having the antagonists destroy themselves, first the death of Cang Du by Yhwach and now Gremmy's self destruction. As kenpachi said, this was just plain stupid.

Khezu

Naruto

Limbo is lame.
Sasukes space time eye powers are neat, but the range sucks.
Curse seal rasengan was one of the cooler variants.

Naruto needs to learn how to use the truthseeker balls. When ghost Madara blocked his attack, he should have sent them at the real Madara.

Overall I still don't like Juubi Madara, he just doesn't have the same presence as the old Madara, he feels like a chump.

G.ZZZ

Toriko

rip in peace magic frog i hardly knew you but you were the best.

I think that the frog was indeed real but it has been eaten by those things and reduced to a zombie status to talk with Toriko and Coco.
I hope i'm wrong though because i want to believe in the greatness of the frog.

Frog was a fake imho and Toriko's awesome.

Tacitus_

One Piece 745:

I'm not referring to anything "in story", this is just reader commentary. For example, there's nothing in the story that would have prevented Doflamingo from having Emperor's Haki, so Oda giving Doflamingo that abiliity isn't a "plot hole" or anything like that. But that didn't stop it from feeling "cheap" from a reader's perspective when it was first revealed in the story.

But that's the nature of the One Piece story as a whole. As Luffy travels around, he has to face gradually more powerful opponents. So despite Doflamingo being in the story for a long time and being on the same "team" as the likes of Crocodile and Moria, he has to be stronger simply because he appeared later in the story, especially after the two year time skip where Luffy has made a lot of progress. Whereas in an imaginary scenario where the reverse was true, it's likely Crocodile would have benefitted from these upgrades instead.

For your first paragraph... better get used to every 'boss' enemy having it. Everyone at the top of the world or having realistic chance of getting there will most likely have it.

As for your second, it's shonen so that's pretty much given.

One Piece 745:

Doflamingo is also on the team that has Mihawk and we knew he was strongest swordsman in OP before we even knew about Doflamingo .
I understand what your are saying but that is just how groups are everyone is never equally as strong .

For your first paragraph... better get used to every 'boss' enemy having it. Everyone at the top of the world or having realistic chance of getting there will most likely have it.

As for your second, it's shonen so that's pretty much given.

I won't even say it's a shonen thing it's just a part of fiction even more so when some type of power , abilities etc etc in it

Yonafunu

Zaraki is amazing. I want to see him slicing people though

Zaraki's only character traits are "strong and likes to fight".
Even Kubo (lol) doesn't know what to do with him anymore. When a character has to fight basically a god to make it somewhat interesting, and the fight still turns out as shit as this one, you done fucked up.

Akito

ManGAF's HxH betting pool
I apologize if I happened to overlook someone, let me know and I'll add you. For those who weren't here yesterday:

Hunter X Hunter Betting Pool
Let's celebrate the joyous news of Hunter x Hunter's return by betting on how many chapters we'll get before Togashi returns to his true passion, again.

- Anyone can place a bet here in this thread.
- Deadline is before the first chapter hits in June I guess.
- Winner will be the one who came the closest to the actual number of chapters released before the series goes into a new hiatus again (>5 weeks, double issues not included)
- If there would be no more hiatus cause Tagashi will finish this time, free beer and hookers for everybody.
- If you get the number exactly right, you can choose the name for the OT afterwards and place 5 series of your choice on the top 10 banner in that OT, otherwise you have to choose between the two.
- No pain no gain, anyone who didn't win will have to use an avatar of their choice from Nisekoi for exactly the amount of days their bet was off, i.e. 25 days when the bet was 50 but the series goes into hiatus after 25 chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom