• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity - First Footage [PC/PS4/XB1, French Revolution, Holiday 2014]

Laranja

I never played any of the Assassin's Creed games, but I absolutely love the setting of this new one!

I hope it turns out to be good, because that trailer looked fantastic and I see tons of potential!

UrbanRats

I hope the game will have the option to be in french with english subtitles.

France is among the countries (like Italy, Germany, Spain and so forth) that almost always gets a dub, for major game releases.
It depends whether or not they'll keep all the audio tracks available, outside of the EU version.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Watch Dogs actually has the option to individually select the voice overs' language and subtitles apart from each other.

Which is awesome.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
1) no he wasn't an assassin, and that's what made the fact he had mad assassin skillz incredibly stupid, from a narrative perspective. At least Connor had the Obi-wan cliche to justify his transformation.

2) the sequence was: go meet guy from letter, guy walks around yard and asks Kenny to kill some straw dummies, guy says "wow, you are super awesome cool, and probably really good with the ladies too. we can learn from you. " There was no period of tutelage with the templars.
1.He didn't have mad assassin skills. He just had this little thing called natural talent. The hidden blades aren't that difficult to use, hence the reason why Ezio is able to use one effectively less than a few hours after his was fixed. Same thing with Edward.
2.The writer of the game Darby Mcdevitt literally confirmed that that moment was the templars teaching Edward. Unfortunately i'm having trouble finding the specific tweet because of the new twitter layout, tweeting him about it now.

AmyS

Choreography on that shit is still insane.

Sure was.

I remember wondering, at the time, if that shit would be possible in real-time (in-game or at least non-interactive in-engine cutscene) with the then-still-future PlayStation3 or if it would not be possible until even later with a possible PlayStation4.

I still don't know for sure (PS4).

Nah

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I only wish for one thing in this game. That's to be able to toggle language for future and past independently. When playing AC2 I enjoyed having Italian with English subtitles when playing as Ezio but the future just seemed so wrong in Italian.

CGI and target renders are always pretty. Did they release a full trailer yet?

Edit: Nm, missed it in the OP somehow. Still looks like every AC game that they've done before. I got suckered in with launch mania with Black Flag, think I will pass on this.

It's obviously in-engine. They have never tried to pass CGI off as in-engine, especially when they state it's in-engine. There's no reason to believe it wont look like this on launch (on PC anyway)
1-Next-gen and PC only
2-Footage isn't being released years before the release of the game (which was the case for Far Cry 3 and Watch_Dogs)
3-Crysis 3 looked as good as this, and that was a last-gen game from a year ago from EA.

Defect

ac9f112760e6eeec2b6ea79229077d95.jpg

Stolen from reddit. Were these posted yet? Credit goes to redditors:
greg225, lb31 and wq0326.

3MhekTw.jpg
concept art?
BQaHKdV.png
hidden crossbow?
4QFAIQO.jpg
some sort of preorder thing
WQ8kxEo.jpg
chemical revolution preorder bonus we saw yesterday

http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/274moy/some_really_cool_unity_concept_art/
http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscr...screenshot_from_a_possible_character_trailer/
http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/27480i/new_info_about_preorder_bonus_of_ac_unity/

I am so ready for a cool European city again with lots of history and tall buildings to climb. I enjoyed 3 and 4 but I really miss the old school AC vibe.

The French revolution sounds awesome and it's good to hear they've been working on this for three years.

Alpende

I am so ready for a cool European city again with lots of history and tall buildings to climb. I enjoyed 3 and 4 but I really miss the old school AC vibe.

The French revolution sounds awesome and it's good to hear they've been working on this for three years.

Didn't they also work 3 or so years on ACIII and that turned out pretty bad eventhough I still enjoyed it.

I finally got around to finish AC4... man, easily the best in the series. I didnt think Brotherhood would ever get topped, yet AC4 just killed it. So im back excited again for a new AC.

Didn't they also work 3 or so years on ACIII and that turned out pretty bad eventhough I still enjoyed it.

Well, I'm one of those who enjoyed 3, but yeah, it was not totally without problems. Still quite an impressive game in a lot of ways. I think people are generally too hard on it.

Mr. Desu

We can hope, and we know that Ubisoft has the funs and means to do this. Perhaps with a focus on current-gen... it'll happen. Don't dissapoint.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Well, I'm one of those who enjoyed 3, but yeah, it was not totally without problems. Still quite an impressive game in a lot of ways. I think people are generally too hard on it.

Of course they were too hard on it. Just because the character was good, doesn't mean the game sucked. People took it too far.

Wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

Dino correct me if I'm wrong but I read what you are hoping for as you hope the characters will speak their native tongue, not that French will be an audio language option right?

I believe Assassin's Creed II had this option, when they spoke Italian, English subs showed up.

I will reinstall and check it out later to verify but I recall that being a thing.

Crossing Eden

Hidden crossbow?!! One week until we get to see this in action. Gonna go pre-order it this weekend.

Carbonox

Hidden crossbow? oh my.

I will still always prefer a bow and arrow setup though. Felt legit running around trees with Connor arrow-ing chumps down.

3bdelilah

Banned
France is among the countries (like Italy, Germany, Spain and so forth) that almost always gets a dub, for major game releases.
It depends whether or not they'll keep all the audio tracks available, outside of the EU version.
They should. There's nothing worse than English with a fake accent. I loved AC2, but I disliked the dialogue with the Italian accent. Should have been just Italian with English subs. Would do wonders for the, gulp, immersion.

I would take Black Flag 2 as well. A great, great game. The modern-day stuff needs a complete reboot and refresh and an adult needs to look at the overall series mythology, but the core gameplay was fine - stealth follow missions aside.

I have high hopes for this considering the taller buildings. I would like more hiding abilities and some more town / strategy elements like 2 + Brotherhood.

Crossing Eden

So this is the AC2 of this generation, a new
Ezio iconic character to make you forget about the boring AC3,AC pirate crap.
Neither of those were boring to me. And we have absolutely no idea what this new character is like. But chances are that they aren't gonna rehash Ezio because this series doesn't rehash protagonists.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I would take Black Flag 2 as well. A great, great game. The modern-day stuff needs a complete reboot and refresh and an adult needs to look at the overall series mythology, but the core gameplay was fine - stealth follow missions aside.

I have high hopes for this considering the taller buildings. I would like more hiding abilities and some more town / strategy elements like 2 + Brotherhood.

A survey sent out circa Black Flag's release last year floated the idea of spinning off Black Flag into its own franchise, which likely means it's going to happen.

Doubt the game will look that good but I'm glad that Assassins Creed returned to urban settings as well as being set during the French Revolution.

Aren't we likely getting the best of both worlds, old school Assassin's Creed with a lick of next gen paint in Unity and the continuation of the nautical theme with Comet on other formats, at least that's what the Comet rumours suggest.

sjay1994

BQaHKdV.png

That is fucking cool.

I've noticed something.

Unlike the other assassins in the series, this guy isn't armed to the hilt with weapons. Maybe indicating hopefully a strong stealth focus in AC?

Because even though I like the games, there attempts at stealth in the past were pretty pathetic.

Top Bottom