• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just noticed something that might be another point in Team Real's favor.

Take a look at Samus on the leaked select screen. Note the proportions of her helmet and visor.

Pretty much every roster prediction/hoax image I've seen uses Samus' render from the official site. It makes sense that you'd use that image since it's already cut out. However, for whatever reason, the render is a little too wide. On the other hand, the mobile version of the site contains an accurate render that's a bit narrower. If the select screen was fake, the person creating it would have had to make this obscure connection. It's not impossible -- after all, I noticed it -- but it's yet another small detail that the leak got right. It's not exactly common knowledge that there are two Samus renders.
I missed this.

Just thought I should add that there is an already cut out high res version of the Samus art available in the press packs which I'm sure any Smash Bros enthusiast knows how to get.

Since we're here, what is everyone's favourite newcomer video and why?

Mine's either Little Mac's, because the cartoon style and hype music, or Robin/Lucina's because the FE art and the awesome music.

I probably don't need to say what my favorite newcomer trailer is. :p

Mega Man's trailer was, for me, the culmination of like eight years of wishing and waiting. And unlike the other newcomer trailers, all of which have been teased shortly before their reveal, we had literally NO IDEA that Mega Man trailer was coming. It was just like BAM, hey, here's Mega Man. I don't remember the last time I was so hyped about anything. I didn't even feel the need to go to E3 after because the show had already blown its load for me.

But the trailer itself, too, was everything I had always envisioned, nailing Mega Man's look, feel, deep well of potential moves... hnnnnggghhh. SO MUCH HYPE.

Other than Mega Man... either Palutena or Rosalina.

-Horizon-

I read that in Mulder's voice.

This thread right now?

tumblr_llwsk2Mwox1qa2milo1_r1_500.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The very first Google Images search result for "ness" clearly shows the correct shirt pattern:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120802002606/ssb/images/2/25/Ness(Clear).png

I can't imagine this leaker spending time getting actual obscure details like the CSS line glitch and Tomodachi room correct but completely missing an extra stripe on the most readily avaliable Ness render on the internet.
Just because we know now there is a correct pattern can you honestly tell me that you knew there was such a thing before it was pointed out. A faker could still use a reference but miss out on a detail they may not consider important.

Also, I think people put too much trust in that Tomodachi thing.

Actually, I think the stage roster is just the opposite, that it is great evidence against the leak. Sakurai's mentioned several times that one of his goals with the 3DS version is to take advantage of everyone having their own screen. Smash Run is a way of doing this, the menus and CSS definitely do it, but so far, of the stages revealed, only the Pac-Man stage does it. And to be honest, I don't see any stage on this leak that looks like it would somehow be able to use that feature. And while that is hard to tell from just seeing a small shot of each of the leak's unrevealed stages, I don't think that any of them have a very high potential to incorporate this feature, ESPECIALLY with how many of them are past stages. So, overall, it's a bit odd to me that only one stage would take advantage of everyone having their own screen when Sakurai seems to so clearly want to do that with more stages.

Technically, Golden Plains does it as well by keeping track of your own coin score without revealing it to other players.

Hatchtag

Banned
Technically, Golden Plains does it as well by keeping track of your own coin score without revealing it to other players.

Good point, completely forgot about that one.
So that makes two stages so far that use this feature, but yet none of the unrevealed stages or stages we have minimal details on use it. Just seems like a bit of an oddity, that Sakurai wouldn't figure out more ways to incorporate it.

So that makes two stages so far that use this feature, but yet none of the unrevealed stages or stages we have minimal details on use it. Just seems like a bit of an oddity, that Sakurai wouldn't figure out more ways to incorporate it.

I do agree with you on that. Personally, I would've like to see a Luigi's Mansion stage with ghostly platforms and obstacles that are only visible to certain players. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this leak turns out!

Camjo-Z

Just because we know now there is a correct pattern can you honestly tell me that you knew there was such a thing before it was pointed out. A faker could still use a reference but miss out on a detail they may not consider important.

Also, I think people put too much trust in that Tomodachi thing.

I didn't know there was such a thing before it was pointed out, but I've never spent much time looking at Ness anyway. I'd certainly do so if I was out to make a fake render of him though.

Regarding the Tomodachi thing, I think it's just too much of a coincidence to ignore. From what I've heard, that specific room wasn't shown in any previous screenshots, and isn't a complete replica of any specific room in Tomodachi Life. So there are only a few possibilities:

1. It's a real leak
2. The leaker somehow found a copy of the next day's Famitsu and chose to replicate a small detail in the magazine instead of using a room we've already seen
3. He got really lucky and happened to fake a room that looks just like the one in Famitsu

2 and 3 seem pretty
083.png
to me.

Spinluck

Nvm, I see it now. I just assumed it was stage that went through cycles that we already knew about. Interesting.

I hope the updates continue to be meaningful.

This wouldn't be the first time Sakurai's over-promised on something like this--on the first update about Melee stages on Brawl's Dojo there was a mention that most of the Melee stages would have only returning songs but there were some that had new tracks... and in the end, the only Melee stage with a new track was Temple, the first one he showed.

Regarding the Tomodachi thing, I think it's just too much of a coincidence to ignore. From what I've heard, that specific room wasn't shown in any previous screenshots, and isn't a complete replica of any specific room in Tomodachi Life. So there are only a few possibilities:

1. It's a real leak
2. The leaker somehow found a copy of the next day's Famitsu and chose to replicate a small detail in the magazine instead of using a room we've already seen
3. He got really lucky and happened to fake a room that looks just like the one in Famitsu

2 and 3 seem pretty
083.png
to me.

Actually, I think 2 is the most likely explanation. Think about it: the leak emerges with a room from the Tomodachi Life stage that has never been seen before. Then, the very next day, that exact room shows up in the Famitsu magazine. With so many different rooms in the TD stage, what are the odds that that specific room would show up just a day after the leak shows it? I think it's more likely that the leaker saw Famitsu in advance and inserted that room into his leak at the last minute. As BGBW demonstrated, making a grainy, pixelated version of a TD stage is quick work.

Remember a few months ago when another leaker claimed to know some alt costumes, like Bowser's green skin, and redrew them from memory? This was a few days before E3, and lo and behold, those very alts appeared in the E3 demo. Now, which is more likely: that he has inside info on the final game, or that he just saw the E3 demo a few days ahead of time? The latter, I think. It's the same with this Tomodachi Life issue.

Stoze

Because it looks like this!

Haha, yeah I don't know about that. I would think they would choose the Earthbound Magicant instead of the Mother one, considering the Earthbound one has more detail and actually has Ness in the game.

Hard to tell because it just looks like a pink blob (no offense Kirby)

Haha, yeah I don't know about that. I would think they would choose the Earthbound Magicant instead of the Mother one, considering the Earthbound one has more detail and actually has Ness in the game.

Hard to tell because it just looks like a pink blob (no offense Kirby)

What also bothers me immensely is that Smash 3DS is supposed to take inspiration from handheld games and blatantly ignores Mother 3, the only handheld game in the series. Whether Lucas is cut or not, Mother is a trilogy. Not just Earthbound.

SuperSah

Banned
Actually, I think 2 is the most likely explanation. Think about it: the leak emerges with a room from the Tomodachi Life stage that has never been seen before. Then, the very next day, that exact room shows up in the Famitsu magazine. With so many different rooms in the TD stage, what are the odds that that specific room would show up just a day after the leak shows it? I think it's more likely that the leaker saw Famitsu in advance and inserted that room into his leak at the last minute. As BGBW demonstrated, making a grainy, pixelated version of a TD stage is quick work.

Remember a few months ago when another leaker claimed to know some alt costumes, like Bowser's green skin, and redrew them from memory? This was a few days before E3, and lo and behold, those very alts appeared in the E3 demo. Now, which is more likely: that he has inside info on the final game, or that he just saw the E3 demo a few days ahead of time? The latter, I think. It's the same with this Tomodachi Life issue.

Agree with this.

georly

For real?

l o l

I'm not saying I agree, but it's the popular opinion.

That said...

What other pink nintendo stages look like that? Something kirby/yoshi comes to mind, but I think the positioning is off if it's either. I think yoshi would be closer to the top and kirby would be next to the game boy stage.

there's literally a name with 6 characters on one line right next to where they say the max is 5 lol

text at the top appears in smash run but team smash run would be new

What also bothers me immensely is that Smash 3DS is supposed to take inspiration from handheld games and blatantly ignores Mother 3, the only handheld game in the series. Whether Lucas is cut or not, Mother is a trilogy. Not just Earthbound.
If the leak is true, I would imagine that Magicant, the F-Zero stage, and the apparent Xenoblade stage are shared across both versions. No way would Mother, F-Zero, and Xenoblade have a new stage in both versions over Donkey Kong, Metroid, and Star Fox.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

1. It's a real leak

2 and 3 seem pretty http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen3/frlg/083.png to me.
Someone pointed out which room it's based off of so it's not like they made up the room. If the room design was unique to Smash Bros then I'd be impressed but the truth is we know what Tomodachi Rooms look like so the element of luck is still there.

Also since the two images are at different angles and small we can't really compare them to see if mistakes were made with their rendition of the room. I mean if I said the potted plant to the right looks in a slightly different position you can easily say that I'm seeing things because I want to see differences.

What does cut out mean?
No white background i.e. you can paste it into a Photoshop file without the need to make the background transparent.

Apparently the Pictochat stage is unique.
Well like the FlatZone 2 stage, the icon is different from the Brawl icon, which is odd since the returning Melee stages seem to use their Brawl icons.

Now’s your chance to support the troops. because our next newcomer nomination is:
bkiuih.png

Andy

Notable Appearences
Advance Wars (2001)
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (2003)
Advance Wars: Dual Strike (2005)

Bio
Andy is the main protagonist of the Original Advance Wars Saga. Though young and naive at times, Andy has a knack for mechanics and defends his friends. He is known to be one of the most inexperienced COs in the game. Fighting for Orange Star, Andy teams up with Max, Sami, and Nell to defend their nation when attacked early on by Blue Moon, and then is a key player in uniting Cosmo Land to combat Sturm and the Black Hole Army. The fact that his units have no strengths or weaknesses, coupled with fact that his CO powers allow him to heal his own units, make him a versatile and formidable CO.

What NeoGAF Says
“He'd add a lot to the game in terms of variety, at least imo, plus the Advance Wars series needs a lot more of recognition. - Pikma

What do you guys think? Do you think Andy has the stuff to take up arms against the Smash Army? Do you think it’s a war crime that the Advance Wars series has had such little presence in Smash Bros.? Do you think it would be super lame if Andy was just a Snake clone?
I sure as hell do!
Tell us below!

Previous Newcomer Nominations Click on them to find out more!

Note: Unlike veterans, the newcomers being posted are not being revealed in order of most votes due to the amount of different choices; I'm just sharing the ones I find most interesting. However, for the last five newcomers, I will present those in order as the newcomers who got the most votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom