• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

Sawneeks

Banned
I'm going to take my vote off of Hagi for now because I'm fairly satisfied with your response and reasoning. I would like to know a little more of your reasoning for voting Kitty, when he is very blatant about wanting to be lynched, but I feel the need to put my vote elsewhere for now.

Vote: Terrabyte20xx

I agree with many of your thoughts on KingKitty: namely that we should wait and see what happens and consider a Day 2 vote but retreading ground is not going to get us anywhere at this point. Most of us seem to agree that Kitty is sketchy at best and something is up, but I agree that we should wait. Despite that I am really unsure about you and it's been bothering me for a while although I can't put my finger on exactly why that is. It would help lessen my suspicions of you if you would elaborate on exactly who we should be focusing on now, specifically names and your reasoning as to why they are your 'possibly-maybe-mafia' list.

Literally anyone else. We practically know all there is to know about kingkitty at this moment in time.

I do have an idea, but I need to go back and re read so I don't assume something that could've all been in my head.

"Let's focus on literally anyone else"

> Suggests literally nobody else.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Well then, here's my list of notable names, be it hope or dispair, and in no specific order I can't bring up specific posts as I'm on mobile, but I will give my thoughts.

Swamped: I view her as hope, not hard lock mind you, it is still day one after all. The reason I view her as such is because her play is generally helpful and I tend to agree with her points. Plus, she made the first post vote, something that a dispair would be highly unlikely to do.

Zippedpinhead:I'm kinda using him as a proxy for the majority of players as he, like a lot of us, aren't really aiming one way or another right now, expected, considering day one, but still not an ideal situation.

CzarTim: started out sketchy but then slowly inched his way towards hope. Not fully sold in the least, but he looks better than others at the moment.

Kingkitty: No clue what's going on with him, and not even going to try on this day phase.

CornBurrito: hard hitting and borderline paranoid. Reminds me of a player in a game I played on a different forum and he was most definitely town. Granted, I was mafia that game, but his effort truly shined there. I'm leaning hope for now.

AbsolutBro and SalvaPot: very quiet, and wierd considering how vocal they were the last games. Not saying that means anything, but I do expect more from them.

Crab: very vocal, very experienced. I'd like for him to do something that makes me believe he's acting %100 in Hope's best interests, as that would make him a valuable ally. But until then, with his experience, comes skepticism, if anyone could really cool us, it would be him.

Rest: He's a wierd one, and I'm not feeling hope from him. It's mostly a gut feeling, but one that was re-enforced by his exchange with Crab. Not enough to get me to outright say he's dispair, but enough for a temp vote.

VOTE:Rest

Those are the ones coming off the top my head, if I come up with more I'll share. As for my vote, He's the most suspicious for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if something happens later that changes things.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
*So you were willing to give me the benefit of the doubt, but that post somehow broke the camels back?
Yes. Your posts up to that point seemed weak, your thinking (as you put it forward) didn't really make a lot of sense, but it wasn't especially suspicious. That post felt wrong, and made all the others feel wrong.

*Splinter

Hmm, that's 2 votes for Rest recently, and I'm just not feeling it. His exchange with Crab got a little heated but his question didn't feel any more or less unfair than Crab's (initial) dismissal. Beyond that conversation I don't remember having any strong opinions on him one way or another, just a vague feeling that he's Hope. Terabyte is there anything other than his convo with Crab you can point to that led to your vote?

*Splinter

Oh, Corn too. That makes 3 votes for Rest today (plus one from earlier), and all 3 from people on my last shitlist. I don't like this at all.

VOTE: Terrabyte20xx

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not happy at all with Makai's response, for reasons I'm going to go into slightly later, and I also find it incredibly suspicious he still refuses to volunteer anything more despite being pressed on by multiple people. Nevertheless, he is at least consistent in his refusal, and I don't think I'm going to get much more out of that approach. He's also been vocal about it. In contrast,

VOTE: SalvaPot

has done even less. I find Makai's response jarring, but some response is better than no response because no response means no information, and that's anti-town.

Salva, why are you so quiet? Who do you suspect? Who do you think is most Hope? Why are you voting No Punishment?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
For the record, that does not mean Makai is out of my line of fire, but I have other priorities for the time being.

Re: ViviOggi; yes, a lot of my posts are quiet theory heavy at the moment. It's a Day 1 thing, Day 1 is quite formulaic simply because you don't have much information, same as every other game, so you react more or less the same way as every other game. Differing information is what produces differing play, so things should get more specific as the games goes along.

Terrabyte20xx

Hmm, that's 2 votes for Rest recently, and I'm just not feeling it. His exchange with Crab got a little heated but his question didn't feel any more or less unfair than Crab's (initial) dismissal. Beyond that conversation I don't remember having any strong opinions on him one way or another, just a vague feeling that he's Hope. Terabyte is there anything other than his convo with Crab you can point to that led to your vote?
He was very passive aggressive in the game right up to the whole king kitty vote, and that segwayed immediately into the Crab convo. His only other vote was for swamped, early on at that. Both votes were on people who could theoretically be easy lynches with the right push.

My decision isn't strongly based on his conversation with Crab, since I don't 100% trust Crab. My decision is more a lot of my gut instinct from the past few pages.

Terrabyte20xx

Oh, Corn too. That makes 3 votes for Rest today (plus one from earlier), and all 3 from people on my last shitlist. I don't like this at all.

VOTE: Terrabyte20xx
Remember what Crab said about making scum teams on day 1. If your vote for me is just because of how votes went down, you seriously need to reconsider that.

Rest

Rest: He's a wierd one, and I'm not feeling hope from him. It's mostly a gut feeling, but one that was re-enforced by his exchange with Crab. Not enough to get me to outright say he's dispair, but enough for a temp vote.

VOTE:Rest
Gut feelings are irrational, so there's nothing I can really address if that's why you're voting for me. If it's because of my pressure on Crab, I do feel I was justified. If you need more info on any of those posts or my opinions do tell.

And for that reason:

VOTE: Rest
Again, there's nothing here that I can address. Can you state a reason?

Rest

My decision isn't strongly based on his conversation with Crab, since I don't 100% trust Crab. My decision is more a lot of my gut instinct from the past few pages.
I feel like I missed something. It seems like you're saying you're voting for me because you don't trust Crab. Am I understanding correctly?

TL21xx will be substituting ANuclearError, effective immediately. I'll update all the map and player information in a few hours. The spreadsheet will be updated momentarily.

Rest

Is see, you said "isn't" and I read "is." Nevermind that post.

But still, I can't speak to gut feelings. If you could say what it is that has you suspicious that would help me address it.

Terrabyte20xx

Is see, you said "isn't" and I read "is." Nevermind that post.

But still, I can't speak to gut feelings. If you could say what it is that has you suspicious that would help me address it.

Care to respond to this:

He was very passive aggressive in the game right up to the whole king kitty vote, and that segwayed immediately into the Crab convo. His only other vote was for swamped, early on at that. Both votes were on people who could theoretically be easy lynches with the right push.
?

*Splinter

Remember what Crab said about making scum teams on day 1. If your vote for me is just because of how votes went down, you seriously need to reconsider that.
I don't necessarily think you are a team (in fact that would be reckless, so I doubt it). I'm saying I'm highly suspicious that at least one of you is Despair. Corn I am still very unsure of and kitty is anyone's guess at this point. But you are the only player who I've never been able to shake my suspicions of, and I find your vote very conveniently timed.
For the record, I'm not trusting Crab either. Well, I'm trying not to trust him. I recognised that early trust was based on wishful thinking, so I'm discrediting that until something more solid comes along.
Other than KingKitty's self destruction, I'd argue that this statement applies more to Rest now than it has to anyone else so far this game.

Gut feelings are irrational, so there's nothing I can really address if that's why you're voting for me. If it's because of my pressure on Crab, I do feel I was justified. If you need more info on any of those posts or my opinions do tell.

Again, there's nothing here that I can address. Can you state a reason?

I feel like I missed something. It seems like you're saying you're voting for me because you don't trust Crab. Am I understanding correctly?

No I'm saying that my decision to vote for you has not much to do with your conversations with Crab.

Instead I am getting the gut feeling that kingkitty is Hope aligned and was trying (and succeeded) in drawing out votes from Despair players looking for an easy target.

"Now wait a moment Corn, you voted for him too!" and indeed I did. So is my reasoning 100% sound? No. Am I being a bit hypocritical? Yes. But this is Day1 and I don't have much to go on. I suppose my only defense for voting for kingkitty is that I'm a newer player, and he did make himself a fairly obvious target. But he made himself a fairly obvious target to new Hope and Despair players alike.

Terrabyte20xx

Other than KingKitty's self destruction, I'd argue that this statement applies more to Rest now than it has to anyone else so far this game.
This is very true. Especially when you consider that some dispair are more inclined to bus than other OR are quick to attack when an easy Lynch is there for the taking. So let me ask you one question:

Just how hard am I REALLY pushing?

*Splinter

This is very true. Especially when you consider that some dispair are more inclined to bus than other OR are quick to attack when an easy Lynch is there for the taking. So let me ask you one question:

Just how hard am I REALLY pushing?
Rest is at 4 votes. By my count, Kitty is on 3 and no one else is above 2.

Hard enough

Rest

Care to respond to this:

?
I'll ask what struck you as passive aggressive, I think I've been pretty overtly aggressive to Crab and Matt Attack, for different reasons obviously.

My vote for swamped I think has been explained, though I'm not sure that I agree that she's an easy target. kingkitty is certainly an easy target, but being conspicuous doesn't remove suspicion from him. I don't like his posts, and that's why he has my vote.

Terrabyte20xx

I'll ask what struck you as passive aggressive, I think I've been pretty overtly aggressive to Crab and Matt Attack, for different reasons obviously.

My vote for swamped I think has been explained, though I'm not sure that I agree that she's an easy target. kingkitty is certainly an easy target, but being conspicuous doesn't remove suspicion from him. I don't like his posts, and that's why he has my vote.
Well, when swamped and I first voted your first post was imidiately after mine, it said: "And the snowball rolls..." Almost like you were wanting to insinuate something that may or may not have been there. And note I said "right up to the kingkitty vote." Before then you mostly posted game theory.

And I speak from experience when I say a post 1 day 1 vote makes you an easy target to Lynch at that stage of the game.

TL21xx

Banned
Hey guys, pleasure to join you all! (I think?)

Will be quickly catching up on the thread, but I do agree with the Day 1 lynch strategy and am feeling a bit uneasy about those two votes on me. Allow me to assure you, I'm in it for Hope and am the least of your concerns. I'm currently heading back home from California to Texas and am on mobile, so I apologize in advance for any inactivity today.

Rest

Instead I am getting the gut feeling that kingkitty is Hope aligned and was trying (and succeeded) in drawing out votes from Despair players looking for an easy target.
That seems like a dangerous gambit, I wouldn't agree with that assessment.

Then again, votes have dropped off of him, so maybe there's something to it.

Rest

Well, when swamped and I first voted your first post was imidiately after mine, it said: "And the snowball rolls..." Almost like you were wanting to insinuate something that may or may not have been there. And note I said "right up to the kingkitty vote." Before then you mostly posted game theory.

And I speak from experience when I say a post 1 day 1 vote makes you an easy target to Lynch at that stage of the game.

That post was a comment on the fact that it looked like AbsolutBro was about to get bandwaggoned on, which did in fact happen.

*Splinter

"Now wait a moment Corn, you voted for him too!" and indeed I did. So is my reasoning 100% sound? No. Am I being a bit hypocritical? Yes. But this is Day1 and I don't have much to go on. I suppose my only defense for voting for kingkitty is that I'm a newer player, and he did make himself a fairly obvious target. But he made himself a fairly obvious target to new Hope and Despair players alike.

Honestly it's the first theory I've seen that makes any kind of sense.

Terrabyte20xx

No one will vote for Kitty, if that's what you're suggesting I should do.

You are the person I'm most convinced is Despair, so I'm voting for you.
Some thoughts since I just woke up:

Kingkitty confuses me. His behavior makes no sense from either a hope or a despair POV. He speaks and stands out far too much than a despair should on day one, but trying to gambit the way he is isn't helping his case for hope either.

Personally, I think we should leave him be FOR NOW. Come day two we should check him again, but right now if he isn't dispair, the real dispair could easily hide behind him.

Okay...

Plus I might be completely wrong. kingkitty can feel free to speak for himself as to whatever the fuck he was trying to do. I'm honestly just guessing.

CzarTim

My problem with you Rest, is so far you've gone after two of the top posters in the thread and also latched yourself on to a very easy vote in king. It benefits mafia way more to discourage discussion. crab and / or swamped could be mafia, but as they are in the top posters it will be much easier to spot contradictions later on and we'll have more to go on when they flip. I'm much more interested in people who have not expressed opinions because the longer that goes on, the harder it will be to pin them down and the less we'll have if they flip scum.

Also welcome TL21xx!

Will be quickly catching up on the thread, but I do agree with the Day 1 lynch strategy and am feeling a bit uneasy about those two votes on me. Allow me to assure you, I'm in it for Hope and am the least of your concerns. I'm currently heading back home from California to Texas and am on mobile, so I apologize in advance for any inactivity today.

Welcome! Wouldn't worry too much about votes on day 1. They tend to fly around to get people talking.

Gonna catch up, gimme a minute.

Terrabyte20xx

No one will vote for Kitty, if that's what you're suggesting I should do.

You are the person I'm most convinced is Despair, so I'm voting for you.
I'm sorry, while my initial response to this post addressed the flaw in your first statement, I forgot to address the second: why are you convinced that I am dispair, SPECIFICALLY, if you would be so kind?

Rest

Welcome! Wouldn't worry too much about votes on day 1. They tend to fly around to get people talking.

Gonna catch up, gimme a minute.

It seems you haven't cast a vote yet. Would you mind throwing one on kingkitty so that we're tied?

AbsolutBro and SalvaPot: very quiet, and wierd considering how vocal they were the last games. Not saying that means anything, but I do expect more from them.

I swear it will pick up. I have a case at work that's blowing up in my face, so I'm frantically trying to put out fires IRL. If I suddenly stop posting, it's probably because I attacked someone with a stapler or something.

Bear with me here, kind of going back and forth reading the thread.

I am providing tool for the future. It's novel to everyone, so I had better see some of you Hope read the manual on Night 1 and use it undetected.
What do you mean by that last part? Use what undetected? Is it a reference to the game/show?

something that a dispair would be highly unlikely to do.
I really think we should try to avoid this line of thought though. We can't know what the Despair players are likely or unlikely to do, since we don't know who they are. Reading mafia chat from previous games really kind of showed several approaches to the game. And there's always the ever present, if risky, Pied Piper approach to team bad guys.

TL21xx

Banned
Okay, so I still need to do a bit more cross-reference before I lock in any sort of vote, but I agree with waiting on kingkitty. The Rest pileup is something I am a little concerned about myself, but not enough to call out anyone on the pile as of yet, especially not TB. Nor am I really confident in giving into the power of the RNG at this stage; there's enough to choose a target. I'm just not positive on the best choice yet.

*Splinter

You've been extremely reluctant to share your thoughts. When you do they are generally well presented and informative, so it's a shame for Hope that you won't share them more often. Several players have already pinged you for this, and your activity has increased slightly in response. But your earlier posts were almost completely devoid of analysis or accusation, and in fact you failed to even follow your own advice:
On a different note, Something to keep in mind is gameplay discussion. While it can be helpful at times, it should have no impact on whether you think someone is hope or not. Good gameplay discussion can easily be used by dispair to hide amongst us without actually lurking. Just something to keep in mind.
(Actually that doesn't make sense, what I mean is you were doing the exact thing that you warned Despair could be doing.)

You voted for goshujinsama. This was after his role claim but before Corn spelled it out.

You voted for Rest at a perfect opportunity to swing the vote his way without being the person who 'started' it.

I'm fairly sure I've forgotten a point... Oh well

None of these things, even in combination "convince" me you are Despair. But as I said you are my main suspect, and looking through the thread I struggle to find anything to suggest I should trust you.

*Splinter

I forgot to quote you tera, but that is my response to your request. I'm sorry if it isn't all 'specific', but it's the best I've got for day 1

Sawneeks

Banned
Unvote: Terrabyte20xx

Thank you for responding. My suspicions of you have been considerably decreased. I still won't assume you're Hope ( I mean, I don't trust anyone 100% right now anyway.. ) but the likelihood of you being Mafia has gone down.

Now I need to re-read a few things before casting another vote into the pile, especially with the dog pile on Rest all of the sudden.

Welcome to the School for the Clinically Insane! Food bar is on your right, we have cakes every Tuesday and Thursday, and be ready to argue yourself in circles. :D

Kalor

It seems you haven't cast a vote yet. Would you mind throwing one on kingkitty so that we're tied?

I don't know how I feel about this comment. Asking someone to vote for someone just to ensure that you aren't the most voted player just seems off to me. We still have a while before the end of the day so pushing for a tie of votes at this point is odd.

With the recent pileup on Rest I looked at who voted for AbsolutBro and Rest and CornBurrito and Terrabyte have been involved with both.

SalvaPot

I´ve been mostly quiet because I stand by my decision of a no-lynch for now, I honestly has always felt is the best course of action in every mafia game I have played (forum or chat based).

I find it far too stressful to start throwing accusations around, last time I was so into it that I was in a "thrust no one, suspect everyone" stand, and this clearly clouded my vision and led to my eviction when I was ordinary villager, also it didn´t help that most of the people I used to suspect turned out to be innocent.

So I realized taking a more calm stand is better for me to make my judgement.

My Vote is still a No lynch and that won´t change unless there is someone who I find is obviously despair or is needed to hammer a vote, in that case I´ll most likely choose swamped, who I find the most suspicious:

Again, her attitude at first was weird, since a good mafia player acts that way in two situations, most of the time: When they have nothing to lose (Their role is not essential, like an ordinary student), or they are mafia but want to divert attention from someone else, trying to lead the game to their convenience. If so, both plays are fairly standard and I´ll say they are fine ways to play, but the way she retracted this attitude once she was called out on it makes me think that she started fearing her strategy may have backfired so she tone it back, action that I feel is telling and means her, regardless of alignment, is important. And I think this is more telling of a scum player than a town player.

I honestly don´t see other players that have changed their playstyle as much as her, kingkitty is the one that is been thrown around a lot but I honestly feel it was just a silly strategy and I can respect that, for now.

Other than that, I really appreciate how everyone is questioning everyone and getting so much information out there, even if a lot A LOT sounds like paranoid safe fluff, but that is going to be vital later on to find contradictions. For now everyone seems to be playing it safe, except kingkitty who might be crazy.

I don't know how I feel about this comment. Asking someone to vote for someone just to ensure that you aren't the most voted player just seems off to me. We still have a while before the end of the day so pushing for a tie of votes at this point is odd.

With the recent pileup on Rest I looked at who voted for AbsolutBro and Rest and CornBurrito and Terrabyte have been involved with both.

Wasn't AbsolutBro the very first vote at the start of the game? I do recall not even voting initially, until everyone assured me that Day 1 "No Punishment" is a bad strategy.

Terrabyte20xx

You've been extremely reluctant to share your thoughts. When you do they are generally well presented and informative, so it's a shame for Hope that you won't share them more often. Several players have already pinged you for this, and your activity has increased slightly in response. But your earlier posts were almost completely devoid of analysis or accusation, and in fact you failed to even follow your own advice:

(Actually that doesn't make sense, what I mean is you were doing the exact thing that you warned Despair could be doing.)

You voted for goshujinsama. This was after his role claim but before Corn spelled it out.

You voted for Rest at a perfect opportunity to swing the vote his way without being the person who 'started' it.

I'm fairly sure I've forgotten a point... Oh well

None of these things, even in combination "convince" me you are Despair. But as I said you are my main suspect, and looking through the thread I struggle to find anything to suggest I should trust you.
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for, a well thought out post that highlights all the reasons why I look suspicious.

Now for my rebuttal.

I'm the unluckiest person in the world. Goshujinsama and rest were pure coincidences. I just so happened to be the wrong/right post at the wrong time. I will admit that many of my earlier posts were void of analysis and accusations. That was because I was observing and reading what I could. Unfortunately, day one is, from my admittedly limited experience(all of 2 games, 3 if you count this one) always like this. We have to squeeze info from nothing and hope it sticks.

I understand that this probably won't convince you, but it is what it is.

Rest

Unless I'm mistaken this day only has four hours left. I don't want to be lynched if the swell doesn't pass on by then.

Top Bottom