• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

Coppanuva

We need definitive lynch targets. Most of my suspected scum could go either way and it is driving me crazy. I guess this is how everyone feels on the first few days. It's much different than watching a game from the sidelines.

I disagree that we need people we're willing to declare as "definitive" lynch targets. I think that helps scum too much as well. We should always have suspects, and those might rank highly, but going into a day with a definitive lynch target in mind (or a set of 2-3 this early) is only going to give scum more of an idea of what we're doing. We should somewhat obscure out intentions so scum can't plan that into their decisions on who to kill at nights.

On the subject of this supposed frame job, I highly doubt Sorian would be the target. There is no way anyone would try to make up a story like that and expect people to believe it. Sorian kills Boo to shut him up and cast suspicion on Mike/Ferret? Unlikely. Anyone sticking their neck out to accuse Sorian of this would instead be the one on the chopping block. The man has basically claimed he's unlynchable. Ferret is the more likely frame target - plus he was the first in the game to have any suspicion cast on him - but that link is too thin. It isn't enough to make us believe the story and it is just as unlikely as Ferret or Sorian being the actual killer.

This doesn't really tell us anything. As you said we need more information. I feel like we are going around and around on this Boo issue and it isn't giving us anything to lead to a Day 2 lynch. I think Boo died so we would try to grasp at anything tangible because we are absolutely starved for info with three straight ordinary town flips. I feel like we're chasing shadows and that's what they want us to do.

This and the haiku curse are causing us to play right into the scum's hands. We've talked constantly about both with the consensus "I dunno... It can be spun in any direction" or with actual accusations thrown at Ferret or Mike.
accusations=scumtell?
Further inquiry into this is going to make me think you're scum trying to play fetch.

How do you feel about Ferret's post after yours? You seem cautious of the Boo kill being a frame attempt, is there a validity to looking at who said Boo was playing suspiciously Day 1 or not as possible people who killed him?

RetroMG

The city council has asked me to remind everyone about the new drive to clean up litter. Night Vale is our home. And who wants to leave trash all over their home? Put it in the garbage can, listeners. And if you see any trash around, pick it up, and throw it away! Do your part. Unless the trash is marked with a small red flag. The council has asked me to remind you that any litter marked with a red flag is not to be picked up or approached.

Remember the slogan: No flag? Goes in the bag. Red flag? Run.

Michael Sandero, starting quarterback for the Night Vale Scorpions, has reportedly grown a second head. It is not currently known whether this is a result of the previously reported lightning strike, or just another odd coincidence in this kid's odd life.

People in the know say that the new head is looking better, smarter than the first one, and even Michael's mother has issued a statement indicating that she likes it much better than her son, and that she will be changing the rankings on the public "Which of My Children I Like Best" board outside of her house.

Sandero could not be reached for comment.

Probably.

We didn't really try.

Current votes:

trigger (4)
royal_flush 1043 (1132)
mazre 1065
coppanuva 1080
pop-o-matic 1123
razmos 1129

setre (2)
coppanuva 953 (983)
sorian 1076
seath 1112

seath (2)
absolutbro 1066
tl21xx 1075
ultrajay 1098 (1144)

sorian (1)
setre 974

coppanuva (1)
gryvan 1067

gryvan (1)
ty4on 1117

And now, listeners, the Weather.

(Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating it today! Belated Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrated it in October! To everyone else, Happy Thursday! Happy Friday if you're in a much, much later Time Zone!)

Sorian

Banned
I hope Retro doesn't mind. This is actually the current vote:

trigger (4)
royal_flush 1043 (1132)
mazre 1065
coppanuva 1080
pop-o-matic 1123
razmos 1129

pop-o-matic (3)
sorian 877 (1076)
scraftydevil 914
unmasked ferret 1116
royal_flush 1132

seath (2)
absolutbro 1066
tl21xx 1075
ultrajay 1098 (1144)

setre (2)
coppanuva 953 (983)
sorian 1076
seath 1112

sorian (1)
setre 974

coppanuva (1)
gryvan 1067

gryvan (1)
ty4on 1117

unmasked ferret (0)
coppanuva 939 (953)

tl21xx (0)
sorian 756 (830)
sorian 830 (877)

ty4on (0)
mike_hawk689 818 (850)

stanleypalmtree (0)
ultrajay 988 (1098)

mazre (0)
coppanuva 1044 (1079)

I left the 0'd ones in there too.

Not much going on here... Are you all watching HP or what?

I still want to hear from squidyj (He hasn't even placed a vote yet)

As well as Trigger. Make your move. Doesn't look exactly spectacular for you.

Sorian

Banned

I am watching HP personally but I assume just holiday slowness for Americans. I'm around but will be indisposed for holiday tomorrow instead (though I'll try to be around for deadline). I've made my case for today though I'm not really going to cry if we lynch Trigger so I'm not pushing too hard. Squidy is just suspect as all hell.

UltraJay

I disagree that we need people we're willing to declare as "definitive" lynch targets. I think that helps scum too much as well. We should always have suspects, and those might rank highly, but going into a day with a definitive lynch target in mind (or a set of 2-3 this early) is only going to give scum more of an idea of what we're doing. We should somewhat obscure out intentions so scum can't plan that into their decisions on who to kill at nights.

I understand. It just seems bad to me that we may do another policy lynch or a lynch with little suspicion because we've had a bunch of ordinaries flip. The ones we have suspicions on right now could easily be town right now as well. Trigger was a vote leader and part of that was from simply miscounting. I know we don't want them to know what we are doing but we are discussing everything out in the open for them to see. Only PRs know information and they aren't going to come out with it this early.

How do you feel about Ferret's post after yours? You seem cautious of the Boo kill being a frame attempt, is there a validity to looking at who said Boo was playing suspiciously Day 1 or not as possible people who killed him?

There is a possibility to both options, of course. Ferret was saying a similar thing to me and that's why he was upset that he had started posting before seeing my own take on things. It could potentially point to him as parroting - if you look at it that way then Ferret is trying to drive people away from Boo discussion because he actually was onto something. Or he just agrees with me.

There is a chance that scum have happened to fall into the line of fire from this kill. If that is the case then Ferret is the top suspect with Mike right behind him. Boo was the hardest on Ferret, but that could also be who they want us to lynch if he happens to be town.

I still feel that the kill is meant to make us run around like headless chickens.

UltraJay

Don't you have a vote to explain? Is there still stuff going on?

Are you goading Trigger to role claim or go hard in defending themselves when they only have 4 votes? We don't know if Trigger's early claim was a joke or mistaken slip. If he claims he has a power role now that'll be pretty suspect, however.
"No, no! I was just trying to throw scum off my back!"

So like, we've got less than 12 hours til deadline and it toooootally looks like Trigger is like, on the chopping block.

Aren't you gonna like, defend yourself, Trig? To be honest, it's kinda like, weird how you're not really fighting all that hard yet. I might like, switch my vote so that the bad guys can't like, save one of their buddies by swinging the vote like, at the last second.

And Pop, do you like, have anything you want to say? It'd only take like, one person changing their vote to totally put you in the lead.

UltraJay

Crap... the deadline is this close. Looking at the other mafia threads ours is pretty chill. Me wanting a "definitive" scum target is foolish. Squidy has disappeared, Trigger hasn't come back and Thanksgiving is likely the cause for both.

And Scrafty, what "buddy" are you expecting to be saved by changing the vote at the last second... Trigger? Or Pop?

Crap... the deadline is this close. Looking at the other mafia threads ours is pretty chill. Me wanting a "definitive" scum target is foolish. Squidy has disappeared, Trigger hasn't come back and Thanksgiving is likely the cause for both.

And Scrafty, what "buddy" are you expecting to be saved by changing the vote at the last second... Trigger? Or Pop?

It's like, hard to say. Like, on the one perfectly-manicured hand, I like totally think that Pop seems more suspicious right now but on the other perfectly-manicured hand, Trigger's like, total lack of struggle tells me that he's like, pretty confident that he won't end up getting lynched in the end. Either he's like, sitting on some kind of mega-fetch power, he's counting on like, his bad guy buddies to bail him out or he's just like, a normal dude like he originally said and doesn't have anything to protect himself with.

UltraJay

This isn't good. The ones most likely to get lynched are either Pop or Trigger and they haven't really defended themselves. Everyone was too full of turkey so the end of day 2 happened to land at a pretty bad time. I don't think Sorian is going to be able to lead a vote train on Setre and I doubt many are going to be waking up early enough to defend themselves or even cast a vote. I have work early tomorrow so I won't be able to stay up for the deadline
but I may set an alarm

Flush hasn't even explained his vote switch from Trigger to Pop. Pop has voted Trigger. (Bussing?)

Urg...

Vote: Trigger

It doesn't feel right. I could just as easily vote Pop but Trigger needs to get his ass in here. The countdown ends before or around noon in most of the US!

People! This is what I was talking about with the whole back and forth with Boo's death and the haiku curse! We spent the whole day talking about it! In fact, our Trigger and Pop candidates are mostly based on Day 1 actions. If it wasn't for Darklighter, one of them would have been lynched. Oh well... let's hope we hit gold and/or Day 3 fares better.

Trigger

Sorry gang. I've been on vacation for the holiday. Voting me out will not help town in the least bit. I can understand why people are suspicious of me. I still believe Mike and T2lxx are suspicious. The notion that following my gut and voicing that opinion is a scum tactic is silly. It's only put a target on my back, and it seems that literally no one else agrees with me. If there was a scum team behind me than I wouldn't be alone in my argument. The real scum are in the people quietly joining the bandwagon against me. There are people who have posted far less than me and made no attempt to actually post anything different or constructive (like Setre or Stanley). It helps town more to lynch them over me. Unfortunately it seems we won't be placing any pressure on them at this point. I'll place on Pop the other leading candidate for lynching. I'm not fully convinced he's town, and the only alignment I can be sure of is my own.

Vote:pop-o-Matic

Don't you have a vote to explain? Is there still stuff going on?
Finally someone calls me out on it. I didn't give the reason because I wanted to know who reacted how to it. Not very much going on, tough.

The reason is that I'm unsure which of the two is the better choice but think that Pop's flip will tell us more. Trigger pretty much flips in a vacuum whereas Pop has several connections and interesting interactions with others.

It's like, hard to say. Like, on the one perfectly-manicured hand, I like totally think that Pop seems more suspicious right now but on the other perfectly-manicured hand, Trigger's like, total lack of struggle tells me that he's like, pretty confident that he won't end up getting lynched in the end. Either he's like, sitting on some kind of mega-fetch power, he's counting on like, his bad guy buddies to bail him out or he's just like, a normal dude like he originally said and doesn't have anything to protect himself with.
Beautiful!

This isn't good. The ones most likely to get lynched are either Pop or Trigger and they haven't really defended themselves. Everyone was too full of turkey so the end of day 2 happened to land at a pretty bad time. I don't think Sorian is going to be able to lead a vote train on Setre and I doubt many are going to be waking up early enough to defend themselves or even cast a vote. I have work early tomorrow so I won't be able to stay up for the deadline
but I may set an alarm

Flush hasn't even explained his vote switch from Trigger to Pop. Pop has voted Trigger. (Bussing?)

Urg...

Vote: Trigger

It doesn't feel right. I could just as easily vote Pop but Trigger needs to get his ass in here. The countdown ends before or around noon in most of the US!

People! This is what I was talking about with the whole back and forth with Boo's death and the haiku curse! We spent the whole day talking about it! In fact, our Trigger and Pop candidates are mostly based on Day 1 actions. If it wasn't for Darklighter, one of them would have been lynched. Oh well... let's hope we hit gold and/or Day 3 fares better.

I think we did far from the worst I can imagine. There are several people I have as more town now than yesterday and a few I have as more scum.

UltraJay

Thanks, Trigger. The only reason I voted on you over Pop was because you were MIA. Also, at the time, voting on Pop would have caused a tie and I didn't want there to be a no lynch if for some reason nobodyshowed up.

So, since both Trigger and Flush have showed up, I can rest easy and

Vote: Pop-o-Matic

There just isn't a way we can build up a majority on other suspects if nobody shows up. It'll all have to wait until Day 3.

Karu

Thanksgiving killed this game, huh?

I dunno, the last two days Pop's contribution are basically boiled down to

Only reason I've been so "inviting" about getting voted off is because I felt trying to aggressively defend myself would only make me seem more suspect, and me getting lynched ultimately wouldn't be a huge loss to town.
Which is like... what?

And Trigger just did his last defends if you may say so and... well... at least he didn't give up outright? Still not much to work with.

Since the 19th(!) Setre wrote two whole posts. That's almost 8 days - what (again)?

Leaning towards Pop to be honest. But I hope some will make it til the end of the day,,,

RetroMG

Alert: the Sheriff's Secret Police are searching for a fugitive named Hiram McDaniels, who escaped custody last night following a 9pm arrest. McDaniels is described as a five-headed dragon, approximately 18 feet tall, with mostly green eyes and weighing about 3600 pounds. He is suspected of insurance fraud. McDaniels was pulled over for speeding last night, and the Secret Police became suspicious when he allegedly gave the officers a fake driver's license for a five foot eight man named Frank Chen.
After discerning that Frank Chen was actually a five-headed dragon from somewhere other than our little world, the Secret Police searched McDaniels' vehicle. Representatives from local civil rights organizations have protested that officers had no legal grounds to search the vehicle, but they ceded the point when reminded by Secret Police officials that our backwards court system will uphold any old authoritarian rule made up on the fly by unsupervised gun-carrying thugs of a shadow government. The Secret Police say McDaniels escaped police custody by breathing fire from his purple head, and he was last seen flying and shrieking over Red Mesa. Secret Police are asking for tips leading to the arrest of Hiram McDaniels. They remind you that, if seen, he should not be approached, as he is literally a five headed dragon.

Contact the Sheriff's Secret Police if you have any information. Ask for Officer Ben. Helpful tipsters will earn one stamp on their Alert Citizen card. Collect five stamps, and you get stop sign immunity for one year.

(Roughly) Four hours remain.

pop-o-matic (5)
sorian 877 (1076)
scraftydevil 914
unmasked ferret 1116
royal_flush 1132
trigger 1164
ultrajay 1166

trigger (4)
royal_flush 1043 (1132)
mazre 1065
coppanuva 1080
pop-o-matic 1123
razmos 1129
ultrajay 1163 (1166)

setre (2)
coppanuva 953 (983)
sorian 1076
seath 1112

seath (2)
absolutbro 1066
tl21xx 1075
ultrajay 1098 (1144)

coppanuva (1)
gryvan 1067

gryvan (1)
ty4on 1117

sorian (1)
setre 974

The notion that following my gut and voicing that opinion is a scum tactic is silly. It's only put a target on my back, and it seems that literally no one else agrees with me. If there was a scum team behind me than I wouldn't be alone in my argument. The real scum are in the people quietly joining the bandwagon against me.
FWIW, I also have my suspicions of TL21xx, so you are not alone there. There is just nothing to do but wait and see if he comes through on his double vote. In that vein, I tend to agree that you are not scum. I find it unlikely they would bus someone this early.

That said, my vote for seath seems misplaced now.

unvote

I will go over a few people and vote again shortly. It is a bit harder to do, since mobile searching kind of sucks.

Ty4on

Silent around here
Perhaps because both are town
So why defend them?

That is what I've read
Neither seem very town like
But not scum, either

Looking back I saw
Ferret looking quite scummy
He just knows too much

Just a heads up, as I said Friday my first class of the day starts at 10:00 am PST which is the same time that the day starts.Unfortunately on Mondays (and normally on Wednesdays) I don't normally get home until around 4. I might have an exam in my last class so i may be home early. I will post something in response to Boo Boo’n between my first and second classes ( I might be posting this at the same time) but other than that don’t expect anything from me for a while.

Before I directly address your post in my upcoming post, you do know that you aren't suppose to edit post right Boo Boo’n? Also if you really think that I'm a threat you should have waited until today or posted that on thursday, since posting it after the day had ended/at the end of the day just gives me the whole weekend to come up with the perfect response with my scum chat buddies.

He saw the edit
Did any of you see it?
His post was the first

D1 his reads were...
Sadly not very detailed
And he looked scummy

Then D2 quickly
Shows he knew much about Boo
Who died recently

So I've been home and just got caught up and

No Boo Boo'n! I know we had our differences but I didn't want it to end like this!

Although saying so doesn't exactly clear me, I didn't kill Boo Boo'n.

I also don't necessarily think that scum intended for me to become targeted after the death, it's too obvious of a plan, since outside of myself and recently Mike Boo Boo never voted for anyone else I think. He also never provided a full read list, just a short list of those he found somewhat suspicious. UltraJay, ScraftyDevil,and Sorian were the remaining ones on his list after myself and Darklighter.

His reads are much more
Detailed than ever before
Why the sudden shift

I was going through logic behind this post and the bold part made me notice something:

Fireblend had the following suspect list based on his reads:

Ferret (specifically: "He's gonna be a null read for me but not in a good way")
Seath (the ordinary claim)
Mike_Hawk (for protecting Seath)

Setre (maybe? I can't tell if he's suspicious here or not).

Boo Boo'n had suspicions on:
Ferret
Sorian

I couldn't find any suspicions he cast on anyone else (if I missed one please point it out to me), but the only one in common is Ferret. I'd like to know what Ferret thinks happened here. Specifically: Do you think there's any link between these 2 dying or not?

VOTE: Unmasked Ferret

I actually don't think that there is a link in their deaths. I'm going to exclude the thought of neutrals for this but there is a decent chance that neutrals have a role in at least one of their deaths.

Anyway if we just assume both deaths are scum related then the Fireblend and Boo Boo'n don't really have any sort of connection besides some suspicion on me (and Boo Boo's recent suspicion of Mike). In fact the two could be seen as somewhat opposite. Fireblend is what a lot of us consider one of the town leaders, along with you and Sorian, while Boo Boo'n was someone who posted not quite under the radar but wasn't exactly the most visible. Fireblend was probably killed because it was a way to attempt to stifle discussion with one of the most prominent voices gone. Boo Boo'n was probably killed because his death would lead to very few very specific leads making it a fairly safe option that leads to no real information from town.

Ok I changed my mind I will have a thing about neutrals here.

Now if a neutral was involved in at least one death then it makes it harder to tell. A neutral would probably target Fireblend for the same reason as scum, maybe with some added personal fear of him being the most likely to detect said neutral. I don't have any idea why a neutral would target Boo Boo'n. Maybe because Boo Boo was suspicious of that person or because Boo Boo threw out so few suspicions that the killer felt perfectly safe targeting Boo Boo in that it wouldn't create any leads.

So no I don't think there was a link.

Here his mega post
Before Boo's surprising death
Looks fluffy to me

Fluff is the content
Many words, little substance
An empty defense

Here's my response to Boo Boo sorry it's kinds long.

Ok so before this becomes a big deal I’ll address this now. Before I do let me say that I would have titled it something like We Must Truly Unmask the Ferret , but that’s besides the point I guess. So I can’t really address reason one because I’m not entirely sure I understand what you are trying to say. There really isn’t an accusation there that I can see, so can you explain this more or can someone else try to explain it to me? I’m especially confused by it because the quote you provide with it was just me answering Mike’s question with what I thought was a reason why some people might not like him or others having “safe opinions” so it has nothing to do with accusations against me.

I’m also not sure if when you say “There's multiple posts of dialogue within the town that can contribute to this reason, more notably the interaction between Ferret and Darklighter” you are referring to reason one or referring to why your vote was still on me at that point, which if it’s the latter then my post directed towards Darklighter didn’t happen until later, I’m going to assume it’s there former but I would like to be sure. I’m also going to point out that you use the phrase “piling accusations” at the beginning of reason one, and again I wouldn’t call what happened at the start of day one being accused of anything, but I already made a post about that.

As for reason two I’m actually glad you pointed this out as I really probably should be less passive (which has been pointed out several times now) and make an effort to put my opinions out there. As for the first part of reason two: I didn’t really see the point in addressing your mistake because others had done so and I felt that there was no reason to drag that back up at the moment, I also didn’t want to seem petty and as if I was targeting you because you were targeting me. If you would like to know what I would have posted it is here:

I never said it was knee-jerk that was Fireblend as has been pointed out, and I find it funny that you would pull this up and then only use the first part of his post to try and justify attacking me. Most of my issues with Darklights post actually come from the later parts, since I can understand the part you quoted, I may not necessarily agree with it but I can see where he is coming from. But let’s be honest the second part of his post was reactionary; you know what let’s take a look at the second part.

He clearly is reacting to people talking about his own inactivity and he votes on someone who has a vote on him. I don’t like that he tried to justify his absence and likely future absences by saying that he pretty much only checks GAF once a day, and I don’t like that he dropped his vote on Royal_Flush without any indication why in his post, I assume that he did it purely because Royal_Flush voted for him. These are the reasons I voted for him. I did ask him about his vote on RF but who knows when or if he’ll answer. If he does come back and answer while I’m awake, his reason was not just a revenge vote, and he sticks around to discuss some of what’s happened so far I might be willing to change my vote. Also when you said that I was being confrontational for the amount of votes I have on me were you referring to your vote specifically or did I have some other votes on me that I’m somehow overlooking? If it’s the former aren’t you being rather confrontational yourself?

This was the post I was debating posting, it also explains why I voted for Darklighter. As for why I didn’t post my reasons when I did put that vote down; I made that post at 2:30 in the morning when I was having trouble sleeping. I didn’t originally get on GAF to comment on anything just to read, but I saw his post and it really did irk me but with it being so late I didn’t want to make a substatiative post lining out my thoughts since there was a good chance I would either fuck it up or just say something dumb. On top of that my RNG vote was still on Royal_Flush and I didn’t want to leave it on him forever, I saw Darklighter as someone who deserved a vote at the time.

VOTE: Unmasked Ferret

I know I am late
I tried reading the top two
And just found nothing

Please contradict me!
If you find something vital
I can move my vote

Sorian

Banned

You're too worried, forcing people to discuss the powers and the ideas behind them may be valuable later. So, here is where I stand, we've had 3 people with (4 if you want to count Seath) with varying levels of serious suspicion and votes on them today. Pop, Trigger, and Setre. Trigger has shown up and, to me, has defended himself as a townie of some sort. Pop has shown up and his defense has been mildly sketchy (so I'm willing to vote for him if need be). Setre has straight up NOT DEFENDED AGAINST MY ACCUSATIONS. I voted for him on Tuesday, it is now currently Friday. The "defense" he has provided is this post where he says he does not find me suspicious but he wants to vote for me anyway.

Please listen to me on this one. I'm not looking for a voting pattern or anything like that. Setre is purposely attempting to vote me out. SETRE IS SCUM. Pop might be too but I caught Setre in his shit and he has clammed up because of it and because he realized he was not going to get the support on me, he is inconsistent within his one and only post defending himself from me, I don't think that is just a coincidence. Setre is the better choice today, if there is ever a time to trust me, it is right now.

UNVOTE

VOTE: Setre

For emphasis so people read my post, do it guys, there is only two hours left and I'm not as sold on Pop as I am on Setre, there is too much stinking there and at least Pop has come in and tried to talk.

Night action peeps, keep in mind that scum might try to silence more big voices tonight by going after Coppa or myself, do whatever you feel is right but it's something to think about. TL21xx, I expect results come Monday.

Sorian

Banned
I know I am late
I tried reading the top two
And just found nothing

Please contradict me!
If you find something vital
I can move my vote

I agree with you in that the top two votes are probably hitting town. No one is really bothering to defend because they are likely two townies caught up in each other. I am in no way sold on Ferret but he has picked himself up a lot today. If you take a look at his posts, he seems to be excellent at handling pressure but shy about participating otherwise. That has changed as today went on, he tried numerous times to pressure and ask questions, modeling himself like Coppa a lot in my eyes. Now did he do this because he is town and realized he needs to help more or because he is scum and his team told him too? That's a question for you right now but I'm leaning former. Again, on the other hand, we have Setre who has not tried to defend himself a single time. Why? Because if he clammed up, he figured we'd concentrate on this whole trigger and pop situation and nothing would come for voting from him.

You're too worried, forcing people to discuss the powers and the ideas behind them may be valuable later. So, here is where I stand, we've had 3 people with (4 if you want to count Seath) with varying levels of serious suspicion and votes on them today. Pop, Trigger, and Setre. Trigger has shown up and, to me, has defended himself as a townie of some sort. Pop has shown up and his defense has been mildly sketchy (so I'm willing to vote for him if need be). Setre has straight up NOT DEFENDED AGAINST MY ACCUSATIONS. I voted for him on Tuesday, it is now currently Friday. The "defense" he has provided is this post where he says he does not find me suspicious but he wants to vote for me anyway.

Please listen to me on this one. I'm not looking for a voting pattern or anything like that. Setre is purposely attempting to vote me out. SETRE IS SCUM. Pop might be too but I caught Setre in his shit and he has clammed up because of it and because he realized he was not going to get the support on me, he is inconsistent within his one and only post defending himself from me, I don't think that is just a coincidence. Setre is the better choice today, if there is ever a time to trust me, it is right now.

UNVOTE

VOTE: Setre

For emphasis so people read my post, do it guys, there is only two hours left and I'm not as sold on Pop as I am on Setre, there is too much stinking there and at least Pop has come in and tried to talk.

Night action peeps, keep in mind that scum might try to silence more big voices tonight by going after Coppa or myself, do whatever you feel is right but it's something to think about. TL21xx, I expect results come Monday.

I don't think today is the day to do this. Setre has no interactions at all (despite you barking hard), isn't influencing anybody and will have a big "probably scum" sticker on his forehead should you die tonight. I still think Pop gives us more info.

Ty4on

I agree with you in that the top two votes are probably hitting town. No one is really bothering to defend because they are likely two townies caught up in each other. I am in no way sold on Ferret but he has picked himself up a lot today. If you take a look at his posts, he seems to be excellent at handling pressure but shy about participating otherwise. That has changed as today went on, he tried numerous times to pressure and ask questions, modeling himself like Coppa a lot in my eyes. Now did he do this because he is town and realized he needs to help more or because he is scum and his team told him too? That's a question for you right now but I'm leaning former. Again, on the other hand, we have Setre who has not tried to defend himself a single time. Why? Because if he clammed up, he figured we'd concentrate on this whole trigger and pop situation and nothing would come for voting from him.
Either way Ferret
Is a bigger town asset
Than Setre right now

Karu

So as I wrote above, I also mentioned him, his absolute silence the last few days is suspicious. I would be willing to go with you on this, one question, though...

Is there any indication that he is excused or something? I don't know his activity in other threads the last few days and I don't know if I'm allowed to consider such things, but yeah.

Of course, we can't build cases on the assumption anybody has at any time a good RL-excuse, but because his activity was so low, I want to make sure. Will be here til 7 straight through, so yeah.

Ty4on

I don't think today is the day to do this. Setre has no interactions at all (despite you barking hard), isn't influencing anybody and will have a big "probably scum" sticker on his forehead should you die tonight. I still think Pop gives us more info.

Do you have any
Examples of that ready?
My Pop read is null :/

Just a minute Ty4on, I don't keep notes for this game (turned out pretty useless in Danganrompa so I stopped it) so I have to do a quick search for concrete examples.

Still haven't gotten that explanation.
Then you should read more carefully
The reason is that I'm unsure which of the two is the better choice but think that Pop's flip will tell us more. Trigger pretty much flips in a vacuum whereas Pop has several connections and interesting interactions with others.

Sorian

Banned

I think today is exactly the day to do this. I get the feeling that I will be making an important delivery for you all tomorrow and whether I am dead or not, the thread will receive the information that I gather. I'm pretty sure I already have one scum to offer up but I have thrown no suspicion at all towards them today because I needed one more night to verify some things and if I'm wrong, I could be outing a valuable PR. I wasn't worried about waiting one more night because my death does not stop my findings from making their way to this thread, I think I have my nose on scum right now in Setre and I am not going to yield because tomorrow might get derailed fast.

Sorian

Banned
So as I wrote above, I also mentioned him, his absolute silence the last few days is suspicious. I would be willing to go with you on this, one question, though...

Is there any indication that he is excused or something? I don't know his activity in other threads the last few days and I don't know if I'm allowed to consider such things, but yeah.

Of course, we can't build cases on the assumption anybody has at any time a good RL-excuse, but because his activity was so low, I want to make sure. Will be here til 7 straight through, so yeah.

As far as I remember and from a quick search, he said nothing about being completely indisposed for the rest of holiday week in either this thread or the mafia recruitment thread, looking past that into other threads isn't really kosher game wise.

He has no excuse for this silence, he is trying to hide.

I think today is exactly the day to do this. I get the feeling that I will be making an important delivery for you all tomorrow and whether I am dead or not, the thread will receive the information that I gather. I'm pretty sure I already have one scum to offer up but I have thrown no suspicion at all towards them today because I needed one more night to verify some things and if I'm wrong, I could be outing a valuable PR. I wasn't worried about waiting one more night because my death does not stop my findings from making their way to this thread, I think I have my nose on scum right now in Setre and I am not going to yield because tomorrow might get derailed fast.

I swear to god, if this softclaim is a motherf*cking gambit to not get Pop-O-Matic lynched I personally will make sure that you don't get to swamped's wedding!

I'll have to think about this. Expect an answer (voteswong or not) within the next one and a half hours.

Sorian

Banned
I swear to god, if this softclaim is a motherf*cking gambit to not get Pop-O-Matic lynched I personally will make sure that you don't get to swamped's wedding!

I'll have to think about this. Expect an answer (voteswong or not) within the next one and a half hours.

Town %:

I have Trigger at about 80%
Pop at about 50%
and Setre at about 20%

So yes, I did purposely soft claim to try and swing votes. I only needed to make it to two night phases to be useful and I've done just that, I'm willing to wiggle around a bit for this. Setre has the highest probability of being scum and I am doing straight up doing this to prevent a Pop vote which we are only falling into because it gives reads list information. Of course there is a worst case scenario here where Setre is town and Pop is scum but it is so unlikely based on all of the interactions in this thread so far.

Setre

You seem pretty desperate to see me gone. You've got one vote against you and you're already soft claiming?

Sorian

Banned
COUNTDOWN TO THE END OF DAY 2:
pin_1448647200.png

Also, just a reminder for folks, we are pushing time and I gave a pass because yesterday was Thanksgiving and I kenw discussion wasn't going to go anywhere but I woke up to see that things were still stagnating and I'm getting this rolling.

Sorian

Banned
You seem pretty desperate to see me gone. You've got one vote against you and you're already soft claiming?

Oh and suddenly you're here when I turn up the heat? 2 and a half days of nothing (only one being a holiday) but suddenly I ramp up and you have things to say? How convenient. I'm not soft claiming because you have a vote on me, you have no chance to of voting me out right now. I'm soft claiming because tomorrow might be a shit storm already and we might not be re-visiting Pop, Trigger, or you until at least day 4, maybe 5 (unless TL21xx can actually give us a double lynch but I can't hold my breath for that at this point).

Okay so this post is probably reading too much into a few things, but it just sort of jumped out at me. I apologize that this might be a bit misformatted, but mobile sucks.

If you look at the vote history thing in the fourth(?) post, I would like to direct you to D1 votes for Mike_Hawk689. Throughout the day 3 people voted for Mike:

Fireblend
Coppanuva
Ty4on

One of those is dead, another is haiku cursed. Moving onto D2, only one person voted for Mike: Boo-boo'n, who is also now dead.

So of the 4 people who have at any time voted for Mike, 2 are dead and 1 was hit with a curse that many agree is probably scum-source. I find that a strange coincidence. Scratch that, I find it unlikely that is a coincidence. But I dont think Scum goes through this many lengths to protect scum this early in the game. Certainly not D2 when theres plenty of votes and suspicion to go around.

Fun part: none of that has anything to do with my vote.

Vote: Setre

My original vote on seath was mostly gut based, but also would have given me some info to go on for setre. At this point, with the votes on setre, I can just get that information from his flip.

Setre

Oh and suddenly you're here when I turn up the heat? 2 and a half days of nothing (only one being a holiday) but suddenly I ramp up and you have things to say? How convenient. I'm not soft claiming because you have a vote on me, you have no chance to of voting me out right now. I'm soft claiming because tomorrow might be a shit storm already and we might not be re-visiting Pop, Trigger, or you until at least day 4, maybe 5 (unless TL21xx can actually give us a double lynch but I can't hold my breath for that at this point).

I've been here all along. :)

It'd be better to wait until day 4 to revisit me, in all honesty.

Sorian

Banned
Okay so this post is probably reading too much into a few things, but it just sort of jumped out at me. I apologize that this might be a bit misformatted, but mobile sucks.

If you look at the vote history thing in the fourth(?) post, I would like to direct you to D1 votes for Mike_Hawk689. Throughout the day 3 people voted for Mike:

Fireblend
Coppanuva
Ty4on

One of those is dead, another is haiku cursed. Moving onto D2, only one person voted for Mike: Boo-boo'n, who is also now dead.

So of the 4 people who have at any time voted for Mike, 2 are dead and 1 was hit with a curse that many agree is probably scum-source. I find that a strange coincidence. Scratch that, I find it unlikely that is a coincidence. But I dont think Scum goes through this many lengths to protect scum this early in the game. Certainly not D2 when theres plenty of votes and suspicion to go around.

Fun part: none of that has anything to do with my vote.

My original vote on seath was mostly gut based, but also would have given me some info to go on for setre. At this point, with the votes on setre, I can just get that information from his flip.

The scum flavor of the month is frame jobs. Look at anyone trying to make Mike, myself, or Coppa look suspicious during D1 and D2 and I bet you have a few of the scum teammates.

Ty4on

The scum flavor of the month is frame jobs. Look at anyone trying to make Mike, myself, or Coppa look suspicious during D1 and D2 and I bet you have a few of the scum teammates.
And surprise surprise
Ferret was one of the first
Know that future town

I've scum read Setre
And he's getting some votes now
So I'll switch for now

Setre

I'm sure you'd like that. Only scum or a PR would say that though.

Bing, Bing, Bing...

I wont be here to defend myself when the time runs out but I see the way the tides are turning. Might as well do this now.

I'm Old Woman Josie, I talk to angels. I can send my angels to protect people at night.

Either I get voted out and you all see the truth or I die tonight due to the Mafia killing me.

Fun fact Sorian, I protected you on the first Night.

Top Bottom