• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Destructoid] Leaked photo of NX controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cdy0XfKWwAASiQv.jpg

cant wait.

dukeoflegs

Ah I didn't see that but I was actually going to suggest maybe the display flips when you hold it sideways in the "other direction" like a phone display would.

uJGzaP7.jpg

I dunno it just seems bizzare for a possible camera (and.. IR sensor?)to be on the bottom.

Although there looks like those little holes you'd tie charms to or like the Wiimote wrist straps too. I dunno it's bizarre lmao

I thought those little holes are speakers?

ultrazilla

Gold Member
atdFWlW.jpg

This thread made me dig an old mock up image of what people thought the N64 controller was going to look like:

1Vam40t.jpg

This came out of GameFan Magazine from early 1995 when nobody knew what the console or controller was going to look like. They were pretty close.

Close? Damn near spot on!! Man, I miss Gamefan! :(

Sakujou

Banned
atdFWlW.jpg

This thread made me dig an old mock up image of what people thought the N64 controller was going to look like:

1Vam40t.jpg

This came out of GameFan Magazine from early 1995 when nobody knew what the console or controller was going to look like. They were pretty close.

dude, fucking spot on.

and even more awesome is the fact, that such a delicate info appeared on the internet already in 95.

gafneo

Banned
As a Nintendo fan, what is this tactic that is Nintendo super strong or super weak depending on what the situation is?

Kinda the reason why I don't visit any Nintendo threads.

In lots of threads people tout Nintendo as being strong and being able to take any amount of pressure for consoles on end and still end up as a beast of a company.

Then comes the time where something is criticized and people are shaking in their seats wondering if people's words are going to make Nintendo go under/3rd party.

No company is going to go under because some people on an internet videogame forum are saying the design looks bad or think that it's fake.

Rumours and lies can create wars. If things get out of hand, there will be ramifications. People don't know how to behave. They are destined to destroy themselves. Comments are a powerful thing. Why do you think race wars and feminism exist? Video Games are a new culture thats only be around for 30 or so years. We don't need it to be crusified like what has been done to movies, lit, and music. Its bad enough we get bans and censorship in our games and polititions trying to bring down the industry. Why not hold judgement until the thing comes out? What is this, the VGAs all over again, nominating games that have a month or two to come out?

213372bu

Banned
Rumours and lies can create wars. If things get out of hand, there will be ramifications. People don't know how to behave. They are destined to destroy themselves. Comments are a powerful thing. Why do you think race wars and feminism exist? Video Games are a new culture thats only be around for 30 or so years. We don't need it to be crusified like what has been done to movies, lit, and music. Its bad enough we get bans and censorship in our games and polititions trying to bring down the industry. Why not hold judgement until the thing comes out? What is this, the VGAs all over again, nominating games that have a month or two to come out?

You've maintained to translate negative posts and disbelievers in a photo into race wars, literal wars, gender discrimination, the destruction of mankind, censorship by "polititions" (sic), the destruction of the entertainment media industry, and more.

Bravo.

In all honestly you're being way too fatalistic over a speculation thread on one photo.

What really bugs me is that everyone was ok with the bluebrint leak and now they are judging a home made version that will probably look close to the real thing. People will ruin Nintendo over their panicy assumptions. The internet is full of scumbags who want to kill great companies for no reason. They think its funny to react. Oh lets destroy Ghostbusters because its fun to copy all the other psychos on the internet. Lets cause riots and put preasure on succesful people. Worked for Iwata before he past. Bet that duct he had was from stress related to negative harassment. Get over it.
This controller is really ugly though. It's like the video game equivalent of that Star Fox shirt.

Justinh

So what you're saying is... in the VC release for Goldeneye on NX the guns will be digitally replaced with walkie-talkies?

I think I see the ET head now. I had to zoom in, though. Thanks for reposting. I was about to go looking in the past pages.

kennyamr

Only 3 more months of this until the big "official" reveal at E3!

of course someone will leak the "real" one at some point before E3... lol even the official screenshots and everything.

Almost everything Nintendo has done was out of the ordinary.

I laughed at the Wii and WiiU.

Then I played it and felt like an overly judgemental ass.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
God I hope not. Non-intuitive controller gimmicks are what made me less of a Nintendo fan in the first place. I just want a traditional controller...

gafneo

Banned
You've maintained to translate negative posts and disbelievers in a photo into race wars, literal wars, gender discrimination, the destruction of mankind, censorship by "polititions" (sic), the destruction of the entertainment media industry, and more.

Bravo.

In all honestly you're being way too fatalistic over a speculation thread on one photo.

Its not just this tiny thread. Everywhere I go, people have to bash everything. It's sickening that people have stoop this low and its amoung the general public that feeds into this. You see Metacritic? I can't believe all the stuff I'm reading from user comments.

Roo

You raise a good point. What the hell is that big ass port on the WiiU gamepad for?
They said it was there for accessories and whatnot.. something like the Zapper/Nunchuk/Gamepad hybrid from Wii U's reveal trailer but ultimately nothing came out of it :/

It totally looks like a 3D printed version of that Nintendo patent with some sort of screenshot or whatever photoshopped on it veeeeeeery badly. And the cord looks like an old Apple cable.
I can't see this being real at all. If anything it's a prototype that will meet the same fate as that infamous star comtroller.

I honestly like the concept, it just needs some detachable handles. I'd prefer it be more of a rectangular design but with more rounded edges so we could fit a d-pad on there unless there's another kind of controller you can use or something. There might be something cool about it we wouldn't know yet. It could be fake and it could be real. I'm more concerned about power and software to be honest, that and everything we aren't able to know just by looking at a shitty possibly fake image.

213372bu

Banned
Its not just this tiny thread. Everywhere I go, people have to bash everything. It's sickening that people have stoop this low and its amoung the general public that feeds into this. You see Metacritic? I can't believe all the stuff I'm reading from user comments.

That's the real world for you.

People react because it's easy.

People bash and praise stuff because it's easy and they can write up whatever they think with as much time as they want.

People can call something out as being fake if they think it's fake too.

Bottom of the line, that's what these people feel anyways.

Investing your emotions in anything to the point of getting "sick" over comments of some gaming company's next controller. (which even then is up for debate,) is overboard.

Honestly you should take a step away from the computer if you're constantly feeling "sickened" over comments on rumors to the point of drawing parallels to "the destruction of mankind", wars, social inequality etc. etc.

amnesiac

Nintendo loves 2D platformers. Not having a d-pad or physical buttons would make platformers (and most other games) completely unenjoyable. Not to mention the virtual console. *shudder*

I don't think it's real though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom