• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Mafia |OT| Royal Rumble Superstars of Wrestling MMXVI

Eh, it's not particularly relevant either way, I'm just trying to piece together the claim to see if I believe it.

As for you, I am still unsure why you're mechanically different from other games, and its a mechanic that is public, which puts you at much higher risk as town. I think there should be something to help you with that.

I mean it's fairly obvious there are investigative and protective roles. This setup practically requires it.

Palmer_v1

I'm mildly concerned about retro. Feel like he's posting safe stuff to skate on.

Stanleypalmtree on the other hand, I can't even remember if he posted which is 't a tood sign.

Blarg and Salva are just poking at each other with gifs, which isn't terribly useful.

I lean town on batsnacks mostly due to the role.

nukedeggs

Morning everyone! Gonna type up a quick post before work starts.

I mean I was told I was a cop, nowhere is it indicated that I would pierce burbeting's miller aura so I am fairly certain that i would be 'right on the money' if I checked burb.

As for reasons. I went to an Ivy League school, I'm very highly educated. I know reasons, I have the best reasons.
Why aren't you going to check Kawl? I'm not convinced by 'I'm so convinced he's scum I don't want to check that he's scum and prove it to the rest of town', because you need town's help to get you to the point where Kawl would be lynched, seeing as most people are unconvinced.

Quick day 1 thoughts:

I don't find Squidy to be very suspicious. Personally, his claim and the way he's been acting doesn't seem particularly scumlike to me, but I do get the feeling that he is hiding something. I want to see where things go.

Seath bothered me early on due to the voting of Burb without much reasoning, but later on more reasoning was added so I'm a little more ok with it. According to Cabot, this seems to be in line with Seath's general playstyle though? Would wait and see.

Cabot has been posting a lot. The way he posted earlier seems decently town. His vague call to protective roles makes me a little apprehensive, but it wasn't enough to overturn what I see as Town play.

As for Burb, I'm concerned about how he hasn't contributed anything on the events of the first day of D1. My defense of him earlier rests entirely on whether or not he's a useful, contributing member of Town, which he should feel pressured to do as Miller but hasn't been doing yet. I still want to give him a little time to check in and give his take on events, but if he doesn't I'd be down for a D1 lynch as well.

I'm a little more nervous about players who I haven't perceived as saying that much, like Terra, Magnum, Burb, Blarg, and Ultron. Actually, I really want Magnum to check in since he hasn't posted anything since early D1.

Vote: MagnumBoy20xx

Ourobolus

Banned
Da9jbMd.gif
Lol I was wondering if this would get used again.

cabot

Don't like you either buddy. Don't think that will change but such is life. You have to work with individuals you don't like.

<3

X2Bktqb.gif

Add splinter to my 'playing as I expect' null group, I noticed I forgot him.

The others I haven't mentioned are because I have nothing from them so far.

batsnacks

I've never played with town magnum but last game I was on his team and we were not town. He was very active in our private chat but was quite and unreadable in the game thread.

Let's be real, squidy won't use his role on himself or Kawl because he's lying and doesn't have the power he says he has.

How long do we let squidy lie and just go "eh I'm sure he knows what he is doing"? What happens on D2 when he hasn't been night killed? We just say "oh scum had better targets" and repeat again on D3?

I don't think squidy was trying to survive the whole game. But he's trying to buy some amount of time for some end. Mybe he's some kind of scum role that gets a list of people who target him at night. Because I think he's trying to draw protection in competition with batsnacks. He's made his role sound exceptionally useful to town but has all sorts of excuses for why he won't use it.

Burbeting

Banned
My thoughts on roleclaims:

Batsnacks claims Hulk Hogan, doublevoter. This is bit problematic because there has been doublevoter scum in the past (Woof1). It’s easy to assume that nin has left some high-profile safe claims for scum as well, and Hulk Hogan is definitely one of the better known names for sure. It’s pretty difficult to figure out what batsnacks alignment is, but town player with permanent doublevote (in contrast to it being x-shot power doublevote), would make it a very dangerous weapon against scum. In short, scum wouldn’t most likely dare to keep this town player alive for a long time, unless they think they can lead said player astray easily, and contribute in lynching town instead.

What’s interesting though is that Cabot asked batsnacks to normally vote, so that we could see if it were counted in the votecount or not. Batsnacks clearly declined, stating that he doesn’t want to “break the rules”. I don’t know how to feel about this, really. It’s understandable wanting to “play by the rules”, but this leaves for a possibility that Batsnacks is fooling us with this claim. Werewolf1 had a permanent double-vote as a scum power, but there the scum could also normally vote. Could it be the same thing happening again, but wih batsnacks deliberately trying to hide this fact?

Squidyj claims Shane McMahon, a 1-shot-day-cop. This was a role used in election, so it’s presumable enough to exist in the game. I’m inclined to believe Squidyj is telling the truth, as presumably this power is a day-time command, which means it’s impossible to bullshit it. But is it a town or scum aligned power? In election it was town, and I’m inclined to believe so too here, but you can’t be too sure for now.

What is problematic is that Squidyj states he is most likely not going to use his power today. That’s okay, but why claim? Claiming first would be fine in a sense, but batsnacks had already claimed his potentially very powerful town role (or scum role). Going by typical expectations, there would be just one protective role at play, but now there is two valiable targets for the protective power to choose from, both very useful for town (a 1-shot-day-cop and a doublevoter). Before squidy had claimed, we could have assumed that the protective power would have healed batsnacks, yet with this claim squid put himself and batsnacks to way more greater risk of being night killed. So… what gives?

One this with these claims (and mine) was that everyone name claimed together with role claim as well. None of the two claims after me have been counter-claimed by anyone, which means that either a) they are town, b) scum has been given safe names to claim (which is logical enough) or c) the scum got super lucky while claiming. I think that assuming scum has safe claims is safe enough bet, but Harry Potter didn’t have those.

Burbeting

Banned
Observations and questions:

Squidyj feel really angry and confrontational once again. It’s to gather player reactions, but his playstyle can be really offputting. What’s interesting is that he jumped into Kawl, and Kawl’s reaction is… somehow pretty defensive? I know it’s squidyj, and he can make people angry, but would town-kawl react like this?

I think it's interesting that RNH and Scrafty both mention Heel and Face in terms of alignments, when the town ordinary PM didn't say anything in regards to that. What makes it even more interesting is that my Miller role has (paraphrasing) reference to the term of Heel, but I didn't pay attention to it since I don't have any experience with Wrestling. It most likely means nothing, but is interesting enough.

Scrafty, why do you think Squidyj's role is BS? You gave no real reasoning, and I can't see any reason to doubt it for the time being.

Burbeting

Banned
Harry Potter had named ordinaries, yet Scum didn't have fake claims.

Both were nin games (well HP was Salva too), so can't ignore the possibility completely.

cabot

Harry Potter had named ordinaries, yet Scum didn't have fake claims.

Both were nin games (well HP was Salva too), so can't ignore the possibility completely.

Ugh the most I'll say on this is that it was definitely an issue that was raised in S4 feedback, and by a few people.

Burbeting

Banned
LA DIABLA also however, believes his claim to be a PILE OF COCOA PEBBLES until proven otherwise. One question, squidy: if you could use your power right now, who would you target and why? Can you SMELL what LA DIABLA is cookin'?

This is the post I'm referencing on the question to Scrafty. She definitely implies she doesn't believe the role.

ultron87

I don't think Squidy's telling the truth, but I'm inclined to think that this kind of claim is something that scum wouldn't do. The slaughter that happened in Disney Princesses showed how dangerous scum gambits are, so I remain at the default of someone putting themselves out there probably not being scum. Helpfully, the day cop claim is demonstrably proveable in terms of function, though that won't say anything about the user's alignment. So I expect it won't be long till we know either way.

I, for one, don't see anything suspicious about using "wrestling lingo" when talking about the team names. People that watch wrestling, myself included, absolutely love to use the business terms to appear in the know.

Blargonaut getting a free pass on posting absolutely nothing so far will rankle me as it does in every game.

cabot

Let's be real, squidy won't use his role on himself or Kawl because he's lying and doesn't have the power he says he has.

How long do we let squidy lie and just go "eh I'm sure he knows what he is doing"? What happens on D2 when he hasn't been night killed? We just say "oh scum had better targets" and repeat again on D3?

I don't think squidy was trying to survive the whole game. But he's trying to buy some amount of time for some end. Mybe he's some kind of scum role that gets a list of people who target him at night. Because I think he's trying to draw protection in competition with batsnacks. He's made his role sound exceptionally useful to town but has all sorts of excuses for why he won't use it.

I'm not sure, I definitely don't want to kill him today though. If he's telling the truth he'll be an active scum target tonight, and as Bear said, with batsnacks' claim allowing uncertainty for protectors/investigators, theres a good chance he could die tonight.

Burbeting

Banned
His power is something that is impossible to fake in the long run. The longer he goes without using it, the more suspicious it would be.

Were you hit on the head as a child? Who talks about themself in the third person? honestly, who!? And yes, I can smell what you are cooking, and you need to pay better attention to it, because it is burning.

Trish-Stratus-gifs-0015.gif

LA DIABLA still thinks you're lying, but is not convinced that you're a heel.

It would be good for everyone if Matt Attack and the 20xx brothers gave some more thoughts. GET IN THE RING, YA JABRONIS

VOTE: Terrabyte20xx

batsnacks

Obviously you're not wrong but if he said he wouldn't use it on kawl who he thinks is mafia I think that at least warrants some serious explaining.

Burbeting

Banned
Let's put it this way: If squidyj were scum, why wouldn't he claim night time cop? It's much easier to fake. So why claim 1-shot-day-cop?

cabot

I, for one, don't see anything suspicious about using "wrestling lingo" when talking about the team names. People that watch wrestling, myself included, absolutely love to use the business terms to appear in the know.

Blargonaut getting a free pass on posting absolutely nothing so far will rankle me as it does in every game.

I'd say it's interesting as opposed to suspicious. My current feeling is they're both wrasslin fans (I'm sure RNH is)

You can try prodding Blarg you might get something!

Kawl_USC

Observations and questions:

Squidyj feel really angry and confrontational once again. It’s to gather player reactions, but his playstyle can be really offputting. What’s interesting is that he jumped into Kawl, and Kawl’s reaction is… somehow pretty defensive? I know it’s squidyj, and he can make people angry, but would town-kawl react like this?

Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I've provided thoughts on most of the going ons, so squids bullshit was all that's left to comment on. Squids complaint was fluffy, non position taking posts so I attempted to rectify that though it has done fuck all in having him provide any more substantial reasoning in how I'm obviously scum.

Any how if both claims were true I think one of the roles has substantially higher inherent value to town than the other. However given that one of those roles can potentially ensure their shot is spent versus an ongoing passive role, there should be a logical course of action.

Either use the shot today or I'll assume squird is lying. And i won't believe he is doing so with towns best interest at heart unless he does a lot more to convince me of that.

Burbeting

Banned
Obviously you're not wrong but if he said he wouldn't use it on kawl who he thinks is mafia I think that at least warrants some serious explaining.

I'm going to put that on Squidyj's... eccentricness, for now. But it is something worth paying attention to, yeah.

Kawl_USC

I don't think Squidy's telling the truth, but I'm inclined to think that this kind of claim is something that scum wouldn't do. The slaughter that happened in Disney Princesses showed how dangerous scum gambits are, so I remain at the default of someone putting themselves out there probably not being scum. Helpfully, the day cop claim is demonstrably proveable in terms of function, though that won't say anything about the user's alignment. So I expect it won't be long till we know either way.

And love boat should be the counter point that starts to dispel this mythos. Gambits and fake claims should not earn free town credit.

His power is something that is impossible to fake in the long run. The longer he goes without using it, the more suspicious it would be.

Ok but it's already obvious he is lying. He can't even fake his role for a day. He won't use his power on Kawl because reasons. Reason being he doesn't have the ability he says he has. It's so fucking obvious and idk why everyone is letting it slide.

How long do we let him live as he continues to survive? Will you all finally wake up come D3? D4? D5?

Burbeting

Banned
Ok but it's already obvious he is lying. He can't even fake his role for a day. He won't use his power on Kawl because reasons. Reason being he doesn't have the ability he says he has. It's so fucking obvious and idk why everyone is letting it slide.

How long do we let him live as he continues to survive? Will you all finally wake up come D3? D4? D5?

conventional-tunneling3.jpg

:)

For real... Can nobody else see what is happening?

Squidy can't even fake the role at all properly on D1 and we have people saying "eh we can lynch him later since he can't fake it forever". Dude isn't even faking it now.

And yet I was 100% on the nose with squidy being a godfather in PW.

But fine. As far as other people go, Blarg is weird as always. And I don't think that benefits town. But blarg does this shit regardless of alignment.

Cabot isn't tingling my scum vibes. And I do feel confident in my ability to read him.

I'd be half ok with a Kawl lynch since I can't envision scum squid bussing scum Kawl. But I think verifying Kawl with the one shot would be better overall.

Squidy can't even fake the role at all properly on D1 and we have people saying "eh we can lynch him later since he can't fake it forever". Dude isn't even faking it now.

LA DIABLA thinks you sound like someone who's concerned about the potential use of Mr. Squidy's power. Why would that be, bruther?

RetroMG

I'm mildly concerned about retro. Feel like he's posting safe stuff to skate on.

It's day one. There's not a lot to say. But I'll tell you how I am feeling so far.

Burb - Townie slotted into a bad role, most likely. If we're ever at a dead end, we can lynch him for lack of a better option to put the matter fully to rest, but I don't see that being necessary any time soon.

Squidy - I don't like how aggressive he's been, but that's also just Squidy. I don't buy his claim at all, but I tend to think he's town and just pulling some kind of gambit.

Batsnacks - I would have held back on claiming for a while longer, but if his role is how it is, it doesn't much matter one way or the other. I'm leaning town, but scum IS still possible.

Scrafty - Reads town for me so far, but she's barely posted. Still, I've seen Scum Scrafty, and this doesn't feel like Scum Scrafty.

Palmer - You read town so far, but you've read town to me in every game you've been mafia in, so I'm not convinced. I'll be keeping an eye on you.

Blargonaut - Blarg's been pretty quiet, but eventually he'll own the spotlight - That's what Blarg does. I'm content to let him sleep a while longer.

That's all I have time for right this second, but I'll do more in a while.

LA DIABLA thinks you sound like someone who's concerned about the potential use of Mr. Squidy's power. Why would that be, bruther?

If he is telling the truth and dies N1 without using it we get nothing from his ability. Except wasted D1 discussion about him lying or not.

It makes no sense not to use it today since he claimed. Even if Kawl is obvious scum the confirmation to avoid mislynch helps. And at worst (using it on himself) we get a confirmed townie out of it. Which was extremely useful in PW and Election.

I'm Shane McMahon, I'm a one-shot day cop, I type a command in here and then our friendly moderator will respond again in the forum with a message that depends on whether or not the highest voted player is scum.

I'm SKRILLEX and my flavour says I'm on a journey of self-discovery so my role is unknown to me.

*Splinter

Even if he's lying, it's more likely to be a stupid town gambit than a stupid scum gambit. That's why I can't really be bothered with him, I had enough of that shit in Love Boat.

cabot

I see the 20xx brothers are covered, I'm a choppin and a chargin and I'll get Matt Attack

kevinghhhmoving.gif~c200

VOTE: Matt Attack

If he is telling the truth and dies N1 without using it we get nothing from his ability. Except wasted D1 discussion about him lying or not.

It makes no sense not to use it today since he claimed. Even if Kawl is obvious scum the confirmation to avoid mislynch helps. And at worst (using it on himself) we get a confirmed townie out of it. Which was extremely useful in PW and Election.

Would you feel comfortable offering yourself up to his power if he were to use it today? LA DIABLA wants you to put your money where your mouth is!

Top Bottom