• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Mafia |OT| Royal Rumble Superstars of Wrestling MMXVI

Burbeting

Banned
All of Retro's reads were completely null reads, and offered nothing actual new to the game, from my POV. And before those reads, all of his posts have been either pretty much filler, or lazy prod votes at people. I could see him as scum trying to seem active, but actually not being helpful to the game at all.

RetroMG

All of Retro's reads were completely null reads, and offered nothing actual new to the game, from my POV. And before those reads, all of his posts have been either pretty much filler, or lazy prod votes at people. I could see him as scum trying to seem active, but actually not being helpful to the game at all.

It's day one! What would you like me to do?

*Splinter

I hadn't noticed it until someone (cabot?) pointed it out earlier, but yeah Retro has been scummy, that most recent post isn't helping him either.

My only other real suspect is nukedeggs. I'll elaborate when I've had another look over her posts

I guess I'll also mention I don't trust CornBro, but that's at a purely gut level at the moment.

Kawl_USC

Who do you think is actual scum?

Also, nice way too defensive reaction there :). It's just one vote.

Nah I think this is weak ass shit. As a whole we throw around shit like someone being defensive is a huge scum tell. And that just posting without contributing is obviously scum. You think retro isn't highly aware of both of those facts, and scum retro just walks into both of those things? Much like never voting for scum tends to be a town tell for me come late game, never checking any of the easy "scum tells" is more suspicious to me than being defensive or lackadaisical posting day 1.

nin1000

Banned
cabot (2)
kawl_usc 92 (433)
*splinter 152 (192)
batsnacks 382
batsnacks 382

nukedeggs (1)
cabot 94 (165)
salvapot 358

burbeting (1)
palmer_v1 118
seath 176 (340)
cabot 370 (445)

sorian (0)
*splinter 131 (152)

bowlie (0)
cabot 165 (167)

batsnacks (0)
cabot 167 (217)
retromg 212 (294)
batsnacks 235 (257)
batsnacks 235 (257)

scraftydevil (0)
squidyj 202 (262)

kalor (0)
retromg 210 (212)

robotninjahornets (0)
cabot 217 (234)

blargonaut (1)
salvapot 218 (221)
kawl_usc 433

no lynch (0)
salvapot 221 (358)

seath (2)
robotninjahornets 226
matt attack 365

stanleypalmtree (0)
cabot 234 (370)

ourobolus (0)
royal_flush 247 (247)
royal_flush 247 (247)

roytheone (0)
royal_flush 247 (247)

kawl_usc (2)
squidyj 262
blargonaut 435

squidyj (1)
cornburrito 330 (333)
cornburrito 333 (450)
seath 340

magnumboy20xx (1)
nukedeggs 405

terrabyte20xx (1)
scraftydevil 423

matt attack (1)
cabot 445

retromg (1)
burbeting 449

Palmer_v1

Let's put it this way: If squidyj were scum, why wouldn't he claim night time cop? It's much easier to fake. So why claim 1-shot-day-cop?

How bastard could our game be? Maybe it's a 1-shot day ability because it gives a fake reading that is then backed up by the flip, i.e. a combination Paranoid Cop and a Tailor.

That's EXTREMELY unlikely, but weirder things have happened. Occam's razor says he's exactly what he's claimed, and I believe time will sort him out one way or another. I'm actually surprised so many are going after him. Makes me concerned about Cabot in particular, but he's another person I'll give the benefit of the doubt on D1, since I think he's one of the people that becomes more valuable as the game goes on. Related to squidyj, is Kawl's reactions thus far. Burb called it out in another post, but I agree that Kawl acted surprisingly defensive to the drive by from Squidyj. Something to watch, though I always worry that squidyj is going to latch onto the wrong thing.

As to Nin and safe claims, this is meta gamey, but I feel like Nin saw how badly that could go, and wouldn't make the same mistake again. As an outsider, Hulk Hogan still seems like a big enough name to be an actual role.

Overall though, I think we have a few inactive posters that need to tag in and get dirty with the rest of us. I'm always willing to lynch an inactive on D1 so this doesn't turn into Woof 2.

*Splinter

Nah I think this is weak ass shit. As a whole we throw around shit like someone being defensive is a huge scum tell. And that just posting without contributing is obviously scum. You think retro isn't highly aware of both of those facts, and scum retro just walks into both of those things? Much like never voting for scum tends to be a town tell for me come late game, never checking any of the easy "scum tells" is more suspicious to me than being defensive or lackadaisical posting day 1.
And this reads like scum trying to play ahead of the meta.

cabot

Occam's razor says he's exactly what he's claimed, and I believe time will sort him out one way or another. I'm actually surprised so many are going after him. Makes me concerned about Cabot in particular, but he's another person I'll give the benefit of the doubt on D1, since I think he's one of the people that becomes more valuable as the game goes on.

I'm not exactly sure why I'm brought up here, are we talking in relation to squidy, because I've not said I wanted to lynch him today? I said I'm not sure about his claim.

Kawl_USC

Besides I just got my hand slapped for trying to be scum playing ahead of the meta. But you right I went so meta I'm leaning into even that again, by doing exactly the same thing here.

RetroMG

Ok, perhaps I'm a little out of practice. Lol

Highest probability of scum:

Terra/Magnum - They've both been flying under the radar so far. I would guess one or the other, but not both.

Corn's interaction with Scrafty has been interesting, and I think she has a point.

Palmer's giving me a vibe. That's it, just a vibe. It's not much, but I trust it.

So yeah. Those are my current guesses based on the total lack of information so far. If I were a cop, I would probably start with Palmer, just because I know him, and he's very good at being scum.

Burbeting

Banned
I think defensiveness is a valid thing to look at, even if relying it is less important in Forum Mafia compared to RL mafia. I do think Retro reacted quite brashly on my single vote, when this is a game with 22 votes.

RetroMG

This kind of excuse flies on normal D1 games. But we've had three role claims and a bunch of discussion. There's surely enough to talk about.

That's fair, but I addressed my thoughts on them in the reads list.
I believe Burb and Batsnacks, and I see why they claimed how they did.

I don't know if I believe Squidy. My guess would be that he's town, and trying to draw a mafia kill his way, but that's purely a guess in the absence of more info.

RetroMG

I think defensiveness is a valid thing to look at, even if relying it is less important in Forum Mafia compared to RL mafia. I do think Retro reacted quite brashly on my single vote, when this is a game with 22 votes.

I did, and I'm embarrassed about it. I've been behind the scenes for too long, lol.

cabot

R_F said is up to the mod to check votes/double votes.

---

Blarg, when are you going to post something substantial?

Vote: Blargonaut

when are you gonna post something substantial?

HeqPT.gif

Palmer_v1

I'm not exactly sure why I'm brought up here, are we talking in relation to squidy, because I've not said I wanted to lynch him today? I said I'm not sure about his claim.

I think I misread something or got you mixed up with someone. I typed about half of that post, than got busy and somewhat lost my train of thought when i returned to it. I thought you had said you wanted to lynch squidyj for his claim, but if not, I retract my statement.

Bowlie

Banned
Now we're even, I guess. At least I talked with people in here.

---

Oh, hi Blarg. What do you think about these people (or even me, never played with you)?

cabot

Retro has went from bad to more bad but I was more surprised by Kawl leaping to his defense quite emphatically.

Was that necessary when he's got a staggering one vote on him?

Kawl_USC

That was less for Retro specifically than some of the trends I dislike in general. But I'm a black sheep I'll admit that.

RetroMG

All of these three posts feel very forced and manufactured responses, together with the Lol's. Something odd is going on here with Retro, something that I don't like.

They do seem a little forced, don't they?

/shrug I am legitimately embarrassed. For as passionate as I am about this game and this community, I'm not very good at it.

I am, however, Town.

cabot

They do seem a little forced, don't they?

/shrug I am legitimately embarrassed. For as passionate as I am about this game and this community, I'm not very good at it.

I am, however, Town.

Seriously pal, I have read every post you've made thus far that's game related and can confirm they could end with a wink and a rye smile and they wouldn't be out of place.

I just went through them, the guy sitting across from me thinks I'm flirting with him.

This is all wrong.

RetroMG

Seriously pal, I have read every post you've made thus far that's game related and can confirm they could end with a wink and a rye smile and they wouldn't be out of place.

I just went through them, the guy sitting across from me thinks I'm flirting with him.

This is all wrong.

Yeah? Have you really read all my posts? Because I feel like maybe you missed something.

cabot

Ok you win, there were 9 posts (including non-game related ones) that it wouldnt work.

HOWEVER, LET ME SHOW THE COURT:

Fair enough. Lol. ;)

I did, and I'm embarrassed about it. I've been behind the scenes for too long, lol. ;)

Ok, perhaps I'm a little out of practice. Lol ;)

Highest probability of scum:

Terra/Magnum - They've both been flying under the radar so far. I would guess one or the other, but not both.

Corn's interaction with Scrafty has been interesting, and I think she has a point.

Palmer's giving me a vibe. That's it, just a vibe. It's not much, but I trust it.

So yeah. Those are my current guesses based on the total lack of information so far. If I were a cop, I would probably start with Palmer, just because I know him, and he's very good at being scum.

It's day one! What would you like me to do? ;)

I did say your death would be a last resort.

Also, I posted about how Scrafty wasn't posting, and now she's all active. Not a great morning to be Retro. ;)

So you revealed your power in the early hours of day one and demonstrated it on yourself?

Bold strategy, Cotton. ;)

My physical form is adequately prepared. ;)

I smell OMGUS, but that might just be my lunch in the oven. ;)

tumblr_mgje9suabO1rzoiaqo1_400.gif

#truescumhunting Lol ;)

What’s interesting though is that Cabot asked batsnacks to normally vote, so that we could see if it were counted in the votecount or not. Batsnacks clearly declined, stating that he doesn’t want to “break the rules”. I don’t know how to feel about this, really. It’s understandable wanting to “play by the rules”, but this leaves for a possibility that Batsnacks is fooling us with this claim. Werewolf1 had a permanent double-vote as a scum power, but there the scum could also normally vote. Could it be the same thing happening again, but wih batsnacks deliberately trying to hide this fact

The thing is, if this game were run by someone like Sorian who manually counts the votes, it would seem incredibly weird to me not to make batsnacks attempt a regular vote. The only reason why we really seem opposed to this here seems to be that the voting tool will recognize the command regardless, so we'd have to wait for Nin to post the forest vote count and hope he doesn't mind. Frankly, it doesn't feel like breaking the rules to me, merely using the tools at hand to verify an easily verifiable claim. I suppose I can see how some may view it as a loophole, but it doesn't really feel that much different than when those of us in Ace Attorney Mafia verified EzekelRAGE's ability- both by having him vote and his victim vote (Ezekel could steal a vote from a player each night to have two the next day, for the uninformed.)

Ok. I could see nin delete the "fail" single votes though, like Ouro deleted the votes done by BSP in election.

I feel like it's Nin's job to ensure the vote count presented to us is accurate, so I would hope that if it's invalid, he will remove it. It's totally possible he just let it slip at this point though.

As for my actual thoughts on Batsnacks' ability, I'm not sure. Obviously his doublevote is real. I could see it on either team but I'm more inclined to believe it's a town power personally. If it really does work as he's described and he can't vote regularly, then I think that would kind of weird (because he's essentially forced to claim D1) but stranger things have happened before.

Blargonaut getting a free pass on posting absolutely nothing so far will rankle me as it does in every game.

I would be more than willing to contribute to ensuring he doesn't get a free pass at the end of the day if he continues to do nothing and we don't have any more immediately pressing targets, because I find his style of play maddening. Typically, I'm used to Blarg just taking a while to figuratively warm up, so hopefully we'll get something substantial out of him soon, because those posts are usually pretty solid from him.

Have Bowlie or Matt Attack posted lately?

Yes, I dropped a vote in Seath before I went to sleep last night. Not much but it is what it is.

cabot

I don't even know why you're even responding, my evidence is foolproof.

Seriously though, I still haven't liked your posts so far.

Top Bottom