• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

Post #2

And who else besides Gorlak are the Gorlak-voters thinking is scummy? Especially want to hear from WhereAreMahDragonz, but others are most welcome.

*Splinter - He's all over the place. I have yet to see what I would consider to be a consistent conversation with him. Not between he and I specifically, but based on his interactions with other people. My gut is telling me that he's grasping at straws. It feels like he's just throwing out random shit in the hope that something sticks and starts a bandwagon on someone. Some of his posts don't really make a lot of sense to me.

Feng - Has hardly posted at all. I mentioned before that it might be because he's new, but so am I, and I'd hardly consider that a viable excuse when I'm here and making and effort and he's nowhere to be seen.

L_P - Also very inactive, but has played the game before. Surely he must know by now that inactivity like this seems suspicious. I don't know if this necessarily means he's scum, but it's giving me a weird feeling all the same. I barely know anything about him and I'd like to know more.

I'm on mobile, so I can't really delve too deeply into it at the moment, but if you'd like to hear more I'll reread the thread again and give my impressions when I get home.

After briefly going over the player list and then going over posts, two others stand out to me that I completely forgot about.

Freakinachair - Seems to post just enough to start a discussion or answer vague questions. Playing like he wants to fly under the radar. Why?

Swamped - in the same boat as L_P and Freak. Very inactive, although her posts seem to make sense for the most part. Other than that I know nothing about her.

Both have provided good insight when they do post, in my opinion, but not enough to completely absolve them. I'd like to see more from them before making a definite decision, but they're iffy.

Darryl

Banned
Post the Second

Just want people to be aware if this goes does get to majority (9) there will only be 8 people eligible to lynch others (5 for majority). If that occurs would you trust people not on the Gorlak lynch train? Keep that in mind before anybody puts him at majority.

And who else besides Gorlak are the Gorlak-voters thinking is scummy? Especially want to hear from WhereAreMahDragonz, but others are most welcome.

@Zipped: Is it possible that you were contacted by Peripseros?

@Darryl: How long will it take to see your ability?

You see, I actually misunderstood that "I lied" picture. But this explanation bothers me more, as it still doesn't refute my main issue of your willingness to switch over your vote with a last minute role claim. What you said was done with 5 minutes remaining in the day, what did you expect to occur at that time? Her claiming, you and 3-4 other people joining a bandwagon in that short a space of time? I know we can switch quickly here but come on, it just seems like an astoundingly useless gesture.

And I also don't care much for the rest of the people that responded to Star's last minute claim either. Really wouldn't be surprised to find mafia amongst them.

Red Flag:

1. [m] Lone_Prodigy
12. [f] Swamped
13. [m] gorlak

Their overall lack of commitment to anything and their evasive circling of Gorlak is what has largely led me to go further in on Gorlak, and how far they are in the scum list is basically resting on what Gorlak flips.

Orange Flag:

5. [m] flatearthpandas
6. [m] Freakinchair
7. [m] GiantPanda
18. [m] *Splinter

A lot of these people are not consistent, and imo many have very fragmented/disjointed views.

Yellow Flag:

9. [f] Sophia
3. [m] CrimsonFist
4. [m] EzekelRAGE
10. [m] Zippedpinhead
11. [m] OceanicAir
14. [m] Kyanrute
15. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz

I don't like to call it a town list because the only reason people are here is that they're not acting scummy yet.

+ 17- [m] fengshuifever --- ???
I have no read on this person.

The extent of my reads is that I really don't trust the combination of Swamped, Gorlak, and L_P. Swamped and L_P remain scummy even if Gorlak flips town, but if Gorlak flips scum then Splinter and Sophia also get added into red flag scum list.

Gorlak is damned beyond belief. His defense rests on his PR being electro-rodded to Sophia. I don't believe that because I'm convinced like 13-14~/18 people in this group are PRs, so only 7 casting on Sophia is low. Scum themselves probably have about 4~ PRs (or 3 PRs and a killer),
I have one, Gorlak would have one in this scenario, so that's 6. In this scenario Gorlak is suggesting, only one other player in this entire ROLE MADNESS game has a PR. No one is willing to come out in defense of him. This is done. Let's kill Gorlak and find the next scum.

Gorlak is damned beyond belief. His defense rests on his PR being electro-rodded to Sophia. I don't believe that because I'm convinced like 13-14~/18 people in this group are PRs, so only 7 casting on Sophia is low. Scum themselves probably have about 4~ PRs (or 3 PRs and a killer),
I have one, Gorlak would have one in this scenario, so that's 6. In this scenario Gorlak is suggesting, only one other player in this entire ROLE MADNESS game has a PR. No one is willing to come out in defense of him. This is done. Let's kill Gorlak and find the next scum.

Does it? I'm pretty sure he said he used his doctor ability on himself which has no impact on whether an electro-rod ability was used or not. If the electro-rod was used the kill command would've gone to Sophia along with his doctor ability. If it wasn't used he simply saved himself (resulting in the scum kill night 1). He even claimed this way before the whole electro-rod revelation. If everyone has a role... and we know they don't (read the OP) 7 uses on one person is still a ton whether you want to admit it or not. I don't know where you're getting this idea that this is a role madness game and this assumption is setting off all of my alarm bells. Oh... and I also love how you tried to shut down any suspicion on yourself:

Just edge off Splinter. I'm really tired of these stupid fucking nitpicks. This game has more people bringing up horrible leads than any game I've ever played, ever.

Plz spill the beans on all actions performed last night. I do not believe we have a lightning rod.

AND I find it hilarious that you're the one complaining about stupid nitpicks when you brought up the first one of the game.

My role is "a ________", With the underlined portion being the role. No capitals. It's a pretty weird inconsistency.

Are we also looking for town roles in the same post? How much more scummy can you look right now.

Darryl

Banned

Does it? I'm pretty sure he said he used his doctor ability on himself which has no impact on whether an electro-rod ability was used or not. If the electro-rod was used the kill command would've gone to Sophia along with his doctor ability. If it wasn't used he simply saved himself (resulting in the scum kill night 1). He even claimed this way before the whole electro-rod revelation. If everyone has a role... and we know they don't (read the OP) 7 uses on one person is still a ton whether you want to admit it or not. I don't know where you're getting this idea that this is a role madness game and this assumption is setting off all of my alarm bells. Oh... and I also love how you tried to shut down any suspicion on yourself:

AND I find it hilarious that you're the one complaining about stupid nitpicks when you brought up the first one of the game.

Are we also looking for town roles in the same post? How much more scummy can you look right now.

I didn't bring up that. FEP brought that up. He implicated me in the discussion of his role title last day phase, so I had to participate. Pay attention.

I didn't bring up that. FEP brought that up. He implicated me in the discussion of his role title last day phase, so I had to participate. Pay attention.

But you brought it up as if it was an actual valid argument: Sure - I was wrong that you were the one to initially bring it up - but you were the one repeating it:

No one tried to kill Gorlak last night. Why the fuck would someone try to kill someone when he is taking the heat?

Don't believe a "Priestess" would have a role like that, either.

Also, Sophia, you misunderstood me. I said the way FEP's role is phrased is inconsistent with mine. The "a" isn't capitalized in my role, but it is his. Between that and kyan's observance about the gods being untargetable, FEP is definitely back on the radar.

Don't try to weasel your way out of this by being dismissive. My points still stand - you are making too many assumptions in this game which leads me to believe that you know more than you are letting on about. Who would know more than everyone else? Scum.

Kevyt

I was without internet for almost the whole weekend. I'm on mobile andy phone is about to die so I'll have to get this out of the way:

Vote: Gorlak

I'll be out of town this week but I hope I can make time, and bring a charger with me next time to participate

Sorry all!

;_;

Swamped

Banned
NUMBER 1

I'm finally back and ready to post, sorry for not being around when the day started. I noticed that we have limited posts this day phase, so I did not want to waste one on 'Sry guys im on plane cant talk k bai'

I guess this post serves more as a summary for me seeing as I'm catching up.

FEP was right that the gods can influence the way we play out each day phase. I think Splinter's assessment of the dictates makes sense (that Komena is the double lynch and Prospero the limited posts). The thing is, if FEP is a god (as Splinter is speculating) then he was unlynchable yesterday, so why claim? Claiming is for when you want to be saved. I certainly switched my vote away from him after his claim. So I don't think he is a god, he is either a PR as he claimed or scum. Looks like he has given more details about his role though. Claims he can be cleared publically if he succeeds in his supplication to Konema. Is this simply an excuse for us to not lynch him though? I mean, he could always claim that he was unsuccessful each night if he is scum fakeclaiming. I guess right now I'm willing to see where FEP goes with this.

I think Sophia is reaching with her suspicion of people who mentioned the possibility of neutral god-killers. Most of these mafia games have neutral players anyway. Not sure why she claimed either, although maybe it was to ensure that protective powers don't target her and waste a night. Sounds like Zipped thinks she's town. He says she was the recipient of 7 night actions, and listed 5. Sounds like a lightening rod. But this directly contradicts her own role claim. I don't see why Zipped would lie. It sounds like he revealed this information to protect Sophia (not sure if she was in any danger of getting lynched, but she was under some suspicion on D1). If she herself is not a LR, maybe someone else had the power and put it on her.

Likewise, Crimson stated long before this that he had a good reason for believing Gorlak was scum. If Gorlak is telling the truth, then wouldn't that mean that Crimson is lying or trying to deceive us in some way...?

So you suddenly trust Crimson now? I thought he was one of your top suspects D1. Also, why is the LR story so incredulous? Surely you can't believe that 7 PRs all decided to target you.

Zeke is still tunneling hard on Seath. I really don't know if this is useful town behavior.

Swamped - in the same boat as L_P and Freak. Very inactive, although her posts seem to make sense for the most part. Other than that I know nothing about her.

Red Flag:

1. [m] Lone_Prodigy
12. [f] Swamped
13. [m] gorlak

Their overall lack of commitment to anything and their evasive circling of Gorlak is what has largely led me to go further in on Gorlak, and how far they are in the scum list is basically resting on what Gorlak flips.

Yeah yeah I'm here now, I missed you too. Darryl, I don't know how you think I'm avoiding the Gorlak situation when I haven't even posted all day phase, and on D1 I was pretty clear that I did not want to vote for Gorlak thinking he was town. His actions and agressiveness on D1 really struck me as town behavior.

Today however is a different story. I'm wary of the 'holy ward' vs 'protect' commands. It's certainly possible that we have two protective roles, especially since Gorlak claims his is x-shot. On D1 I'm not sure why he decided to claim with the number of shots he had as well. How does he know that the 'protect' command came from a priestess role? We know that there were 0 deaths tonight, and the 'protect' certainly helped with that. We have no way of knowing if 'Holy Ward' is also a protective command.

I still have a fair bit to think about.

Gorlak

Banned
[I'm sorry, this is probably hard to read, but I couldn't be bothered to format everything]

Yes I know the command post does not look good, but I don't care if you believe me at this point in time. I did not put in my opening post because I didn't wanted to be mod-killed with rule #3 in mind.

I played bad and town will bear the consequences.

Here comes shitty real life justification, skip if you want to play mafia and not rely on pm bullshit to lynch someone:
I asked Yeeny at 9.39am per PM if it's okay to quote my commands, this was 2 hours before my post #523 (11.37am).
She didn't answer, so I wrote Flush at 3.05pm as well. An answer from yeeny arrived at 3.20pm stating she has to confirm with roya.
Flush's pm came in at 6.09pm. Zipped's post at 6.19pm.
During those 10 minutes I was not at my pc, because I just arrived at home and needed to unpack all my stuff. If you want to know more I drove on the Autobahn from 4pm to 6pm.
Yes timing is fucked up, but I was only able to post at 6.32pm during the 15 minutes I had to eat dinner before heading out with friends. I did not want to post my commands without being allowed to.

Go ahead lynch me for this. You really think scum would not have thought of this possibility and discussed this in scum chat all night? I just waited all night and didn't want to waste energy in case I die anyway (which I still expected, strongman or a god is always a possibility). So why would I as scum or more importantly in this theoretical scenario the whole scum team not think of commands?

If you all truly believe it's more probable that 7 out of 18 people targeted Sophia than her being some kind of lightning rod... wtf

I believe Zipped completely because why else would he know my command? I think Sophia may be a God, she also claimed a role today which aims at people not targeting her anymore.

In my post #534 I jumped to conclusions and wrote two different scenarios down, which I didn't notice until now. Either we have a second Priestess guarding Sophia last night or my night action was attracted by her. Either way something between Zipped and Sophia does not fit.

Once you see my flip, you will see that I told you all the truth. My commands are the ones I say and the messages with the mods happened exactly this way. You don't have reasons to keep me alive anymore, so I'll come clear completely:
I have to make just one more addition. I kept quiet about my third night action because I thought there was still a chance to maybe use it tonight. This won't happen now. "Martyrize" is a vig-shot I have left. I planned on keeping this a secret and explaining the additional night kill tomorrow, after half of the day phase. There would have been the chance of scum being to eager to get more information about another killer on day 3. After the no kill night and lynching a neutral I thought, there was room for a misguided vig shot, in case I hit a townie. However this depends from the two lynches today, maybe I would have simply blocked Darryl Night 2. My defense is also not build up on a possible lightning rod ability as Darryl makes it sound like. It's completely independent from that.

So back to my powers: I honestly thought about killing Darryl yesterday right away. I am pretty convinced on him being scum, but I also know I'm tunneling in games and keep seeing every post of someone as scummy once I'm convinced he's scum. So a crappy vig is a huge disadvantage. Thus I decided to self-protect. Some mistook me as a jailor yesterday, which is a pretty strong role. I believed scum would want to get rid of me asap. That's why I targeted myself.

If I'm scum why didn't I just thunderdome Darryl and claimed to have blocked him Night 1 making him responsible for the no kill night? As town I didn't want to give into the karkadorian #unnecessary gambits, but there was a slight urge to do so (same with the vig-kill).
In the end I decided to tell the truth and not weaken the town further with my bad play. Maybe I just weakened town with how I played now, I don't know.
This is my first time as a town power role. Keeping a low profile would have been better, but I already said I wanted to enjoy this game. I did not want to sit on my finger the whole day like others.

Okay. That's it. I think one mislynch will not decide the game especially with getting rid of a neutral and the no kill, town has more room to do something wrong. I plead to you all to look back at this discussion and look for scummy details.

I already have a lot of aifom in my head. Would scum outright accuse me and vote me at day start (to get rid of me?) Will they blend in and let town do the dirty work because I managed to fuck myself up?

---
I just remembered I hinted at being a PR yesterday to the point I was afraid to get night killed even before I claimed. Darryl and FEP made it look like I have no clue about the names of power roles. I highlighted twice that I did not call Darryl "Jesus" but had a small hunch that he may claim to be a "son of a god". People still voted me and probably didn't see this, but I'm certain some noticed and saw my struggle for survival for what it was a fighting pr. If you don't believe me now, come back here and convince yourselves of this once you saw my flip.
---

I liked Oceanic's post #535, this still could be scum wanting to look good, but nonetheless the vote flip-floppers on Day 1 should be scrutinized once you see I'm a Priestess.

what... just saw post #544, zipped there was a power called "absorb"? And that doesn't sound like a lightning rod ability at all?

I hope I have answered all questions to this point.

Next points to discuss will be the lightning rod - "absorb" or why you would believe SEVEN people targeted Sophia N1. This is still is insane.
For the record: I did not target her. Holy Ward is my action. She lies about her role or we have an ability that redirects all actions to a certain person. I believe Zipped got a message with the commands.
Either Darryl targeted Sophia with his claimed power role or he does not have a power role at all, because it's extremely likely every night action was redirected at her.

!!!!!!!!!!!1 come back here after my flip. this will give credibility to zipped receiving a gift and night actions being redirected. I do not know if this makes zipped townie or not, but I believe him to tell the truth.

---
We have 35 hours left. I believe I'm a goner anyway. Start looking for another target! I'll provide my last read list within the next 24 hours. Just a quick summary:

Sophia - fishy, probably absorbed actions last night
Darryl - believes 7 people targeted Sophia, still my suspect #1
Splinter - was suspicious yesterday and only started to look for a lynch with one hour on the clock, he wasted the whole second day with keeping me as the hot topic and not answering me, and stating I "overreacted" - which I did not as it turned out. He can read a game as well and he was very aware that the tide turned against me once Sophia made the "case". I lean scum on him.
Seath - contributed nothing today, was weird yesterday, now excused because of rl
L_P - "I'll post more" .. even for his standard VERY quiet.
@Flush can you please prod Fengshuifever.. half of the phase is over and he didn't show up. He basically did nothing all game, but a drive by vote.

More to come within this day.

Post 1!

(first off, apologies that I haven't posted all day, I wanted to be in front of my pc and not be doing any game work so I can focus and make a proper post than just throw out random votes against people)

I want to start saying that votes thrown against me because of inactivity are gonna be combed over REAL hard. That's less justification than my throwaway votes on the first day based on posting vibes so there's must be a reason for it (I'm going to assume due to my role action)

It's very interesting that I didn't die in the first night considering my role power so someone is being protected intentionally, nullifying their death. (I'm going to assume)

Post 2 is gonna have a vote, count on it.

Post 2!

I'm a Lightning Rod.

My role power is Activate which means all night actions target me that night.
Except I didn't die. Odd.

As far as who my vote goes two there's something very interesting that caught my eye.

There seems to be a vote throw between Darryl and Gorlak (who harboured my suspicions due to post vibes).
Darryl and Gorlak seem to be going aggressively at each other which is supposed to make us think, who is scum who is town?

However, as aggressive as Darryl is about targeting Gorlak, I've noticed he gets super defensive about people actually targeting Gorlak.

I don't know which one is town, or maybe neither are.
But something about that rubs me the wrong way

Vote : Darryl

*Splinter

Ok I didn't want to waste a post before I have some time free, but Gorlak is getting dangerously close to being locked in and frankly the case against him is bullshit. Is this a follow on from yesterday? Day 1 vibes? Why wasn't he lynched yesterday then? I didn't move my vote off of him just to drag this out another day. I moved my vote because I had tested him all day and he held up under pressure - and had a solid role claim to boot. He is towny as fuck. His survival wasn't at all surprising - scum clearly think they can still get this lynch. His "late" command claim is also reasonable - no one asked for his command, and taking it from Zipped's info leaves him open to a counterclaim.

Darryl
The only part of my post that could be described as nit picking was when I talked about your claim and other names. First of all you've had a free pass up to now so spare me this "woe is me" act, it doesn't look at all sincere. Secondly the names DON'T exactly match the names you suggested. That doesn't make you scum, but it sure as shit takes away your free pass, so now I'm trying to understand your case against Gorlak.

Maybe I'm stupid - let's pretend I am. So please Darryl, or anyone else, start from the beginning. State a fresh case against Gorlak that even I can understand.

The townies on Gorlak need to move their vote ASAP, this has "inevitable mislynch" written all over it.

Holy shit Feng's claim. Ok then.

Sophia

Post #7

Unvote

Need to think this over some more.

1.2) Should there be no evidence that at least one person is unable to action on the next night, Sophia is the rod and her claim, which in my opinion came bit out of nowhere, is false. In this case, perhaps she thought that the fake claim would make her survive some more time.

Sophia, are you the lightning rod?

Kyan, ask yourself this: If I were scum, and I was trying to survive longer, would I role claim at the start of the day? On a day where we're limited to 10 posts? Does that make sense to you? Because to me, that sounds like I'd be giving people a whole lot of time to argue a counter-argument against me and look for contradictions. :\

I guess I could be wrong.

bullshit0wpot.jpg

I do actually have another minor issue with what Zipped is saying though. He claims that 7 abilities targeted Sophia, but he only got names of three of them. Those three rather conveniently being "kill" which ofc is in the game, that's the standard scum kill command. "protect" which is the standard doctor command, and "holy ward" which is conveniently Gorlak's command. Additionally, I would assume that people hitting Sophia would receive a notification about not being able to use a command the next night? Sophia, do you know if this would be the case? Although if one of the commands was a RB, I guess that could have cancelled out Sophia's power.
So Sophia is (or was) apparently a lightning rod. I find it odd that noone has confirmed being gold cursed, we have multiple non-specific town PR claims, I'd expect at least one of them to be included in that 7 man pile up and able to veryify.
Obviously I'm assuming you'd be notified of this curse thing at the end of the night - I think it would be odd if thats not the case, but I guess its possible.

There is no information regarding the notifications of my cursed power. I do not know anything regarding that. I presume they'll get a notification the night they're blocked. Likewise, I don't know how another roleblocking power will interfere with my own.

So you suddenly trust Crimson now? I thought he was one of your top suspects D1. Also, why is the LR story so incredulous? Surely you can't believe that 7 PRs all decided to target you.

I don't particularly trust him any more, but he did claim to have a good reason as to why Gorlak was scum. Of course, now he just backpeddeled on it hardcore, so I don't know what to believe. ¬_¬

I believe Zipped completely because why else would he know my command? I think Sophia may be a God, she also claimed a role today which aims at people not targeting her anymore.

I am no God. However...

Don't try to weasel your way out of this by being dismissive. My points still stand - you are making too many assumptions in this game which leads me to believe that you know more than you are letting on about. Who would know more than everyone else? Scum.

.... I am starting to think that Darryl might be a God. The way he's acted this entire game like he has knowledge of the setup is odd.

Post 2!

I'm a Lightning Rod.

Huh.... I was skeptical there was a lightning rod in the game, but at the same time seven powers being used on me did seem unusual...

You say your power only lets you target yourself, Feng?

Huh.... I was skeptical there was a lightning rod in the game, but at the same time seven powers being used on me did seem unusual...

You say your power only lets you target yourself, Feng?

It doesn't really give me a choice. It basically says that whatever night I use my power, all night actions target me.

Which is what makes it incredibly odd. I SHOULD have died at the end of Night 1

Also, POST THREE

It doesn't really give me a choice. It basically says that whatever night I use my power, all night actions target me.

Which is what makes it incredibly odd. I SHOULD have died at the end of Night 1

Also, POST THREE

So you are claiming to have used your lightning rod ability last night?

If yes, and if we are to believe Zipped, then somehow the lightning rod ability was redirected to Sophia? But then I have to wonder if a lightning rod ability would even let a redirect work as intended. And that also brings up the huge coincidence of the redirect person blindly happening to pick fengshuifever. The only other possibility where Zipped is telling the truth is that there was a second lightning that took precedence over feng's. It is interesting to note that Activate is not among the abilities that hit Sophia, but there are still 2 unnamed ones.

Zipped, I don't think you ever answered exactly what action you obeyed from Komena to be given your gifts. So what was it?

Kyanrute

This is getting very confusing now. Lets take a look at Zipped's list:

1. Protect ?
2. Kill ?
3. Holy Ward Gorlak
4. Absorb ?
5. Targets ?
6. ? ?
7. ? ?

Only one person so far has confirmed the list, that being Gorlak. So far, the possibility that both Zipped and Gorlak are scum remains. This could be a scum play to save Gorlak. There is an additional oddity in the fact that the actions were supposedly performed on Sophia, but feng claims being the Rod and he says the ability was self-target.

Metagaming hell time. Couldn't it be assumed that the Rod would have the highest priority of all actions? Anything else seems to contradict the very role itself. If so, the rod could not be redirected by anything and everything should've hit feng.

Somebody is lying here.

4/10

So you are claiming to have used your lightning rod ability last night?

If yes, and if we are to believe Zipped, then somehow the lightning rod ability was redirected to Sophia? But then I have to wonder if a lightning rod ability would even let a redirect work as intended. And that also brings up the huge coincidence of the redirect person blindly happening to pick fengshuifever. The only other possibility where Zipped is telling the truth is that there was a second lightning that took precedence over feng's. It is interesting to note that Activate is not among the abilities that hit Sophia, but there are still 2 unnamed ones.

Zipped, I don't think you ever answered exactly what action you obeyed from Komena to be given your gifts. So what was it?

I absolutely used my ability last night, which leads me to think that either
a) someone has an ability to nullify it
b) absorb the ability

and then also leads to----

This is getting very confusing now. Lets take a look at Zipped's list:

1. Protect ?
2. Kill ?
3. Holy Ward Gorlak
4. Absorb ?
5. Targets ?
6. ? ?
7. ? ?

Only one person so far has confirmed the list, that being Gorlak. So far, the possibility that both Zipped and Gorlak are scum remains. This could be a scum play to save Gorlak. There is an additional oddity in the fact that the actions were supposedly performed on Sophia, but feng claims being the Rod and he says the ability was self-target.

Metagaming hell time. Couldn't it be assumed that the Rod would have the highest priority of all actions? Anything else seems to contradict the very role itself. If so, the rod could not be redirected by anything and everything should've hit feng.

Somebody is lying here.

--- this. How the hell am I still alive?

Could the rod ability/effect be absorbed into someone else?
And even then, my first thought is that does the ability absorb into them to call upon another time?

Because, unless I missed it, I don't think there's an ability that "protects" from a rod death.

Another fact about the rod. Once used, it cannot be used again.

Zipped targeted Sophia and was redirected to Feng due to his lightning rod. So he assumed that his result was for Sophia. There's the solution to that inconsistency. Doesn't explain Zipped's weird drip-feed of information or how he knew that Holy Ward was relevant, or why Pandas command doesn't appear to be in the list. I also agree with Darryl that 6 (excluding kill) seems a bit low, considering that ones you might expect like "investigate" "watch" "track" "roleblock" ect. also don't seem to be there. But it could just be that not everyone chose to use their role last night.

Feng is still alive due to absorbing the protects as well as the kill.

Yes, at this point I think I was completely off on Gorlak. I feel like I've played my role really badly, and I'll stop pushing for his lynch. I'd rather not fully claim though, at the start of the day I thought it would have been a good tradeoff, but now knowing that there was a LR as well as probably being wrong about Gorlak, I don't think it would be a good idea.

Vote: Darryl

Darryl has been chasing weird leads all day. From that focus on the capitalisation of the "a" to thinking that the lightning rod had anything to do with Gorlak being scum. Plus he seems to be completely disregarding the post limit, I think he's on 8 now.

Post 6:

vote: fengshuifever

If you were a lightning rod, unless you specifically were role blocked, I know "activate" would have popped up on this list. And it's not. My ability and another ability which I will speak to is the other one.

Two of you know from my breadcrumb post (post 2) why he is full of it, and know he didn't use an ability. you two know he wasn't invited to your party and should find other reasons to vote for him (to not expose yourselves).

im probably going to be NK'd for this post but if fengshuifever is trying to get Gorlak out of trouble he chose the wrong thing to say.

My obedience was to use my role on Sophia. I did and I got seven responses. None of those responses were activate,

I think FEP AND Gorlak should be the lynch candidates for today.

FEP - May be a big red flag on his claim.
Two of the players are gods. Gods can not be lynched and they can not be targeted at night. There may exist other ways to remove them from the game.

In response to ppl saying gods can't be targeted at night, FEP posted this:
We can see from Star's pm that gods can be the target of night actions. I assume the rules in the opening post just mean that most night actions will give no result if the gods are the target.
Makes sense so I let it go. But thinking about it more, looking at the pm of SS. I was thinking of the drawbacks of the role. He doesn't specifically target gods at night. He looks for them at night. The specific targeting of a god action takes place during the day.

Chosen One said:
Once per game, during the day phase, you may post Deicide: <Player> into the game thread. If you do, if the chosen player is a god, that player dies and you become a god. If the chosen player is not a god, you die instead.

Once per night, you may send us the command Investigate <Player>. If you do, you will learn if the chosen player is a god.
So the Chosen One's role doesnt go against the god rule, but in a way backs it up even more. I am will to bet it all that SS would get a pm saying something like "Action failed, player is a god." if he targed a god. or "Action failed"/"Player not a god" if targeting non gods. While other PRs that take actions against gods would just have to guess as to why the action failed.

He specifically says he targets a god at night, not that he has a day command or anything. So I think his claim is largely made up.

My action is Pray to <player>
If the person is Komena then the action is successful.

I am A Supplicant. If I can successfully pray to Komena during the night phase

=====================================
Statements about pm times and being a vig shot
The stuff about pms is most likely made up. Since mods can't confirm or deny this. I honestly think your scum especially with the "You really think scum" part.

In response to you saving your shot and being a vig - How would we know it is your command? Also you have constantly stated how useless your power was and was so confident in Darryl, you should've took the shot. Let's say you are who you say you are, then that wouldve saved us a lynch on Darryl since he was leading the case on you and ppl think he is a little scummy. It's possible you just made up the vig shot to to make you look more town by showing restraint. Also that ability doesn't really go with the role of saving people like your other two abilities do.
===================================

Ok I didn't want to waste a post before I have some time free, but Gorlak is getting dangerously close to being locked in and frankly the case against him is bullshit. Is this a follow on from yesterday? Day 1 vibes? Why wasn't he lynched yesterday then? I didn't move my vote off of him just to drag this out another day. I moved my vote because I had tested him all day and he held up under pressure - and had a solid role claim to boot. He is towny as fuck. His survival wasn't at all surprising - scum clearly think they can still get this lynch. His "late" command claim is also reasonable - no one asked for his command, and taking it from Zipped's info leaves him open to a counterclaim.
Why are you suddenly against a gorlak lynch? Especially since you were cool with it earlier this day phase.
bb89d1c6803b749c4137fbc237a544dd.png

Why wasn't he lynched yesterday then? I didn't move my vote off of him just to drag this out another day. I moved my vote because I had tested him all day and he held up under pressure - and had a solid role claim to boot.
He wasn't lynched yesterday because he made a last minute claim. You moved your vote off of gorlak long before he even claimed, so his claim had nothing to do with you not voting for him. Your only excuse for voting Star at the tiem was excitement. You didn't list anything that would help town pick between the two. Just added to the chaos at the end of the day voting.
For, EXCITEMENT!
VOTE: StarSketch
You can backpedal and justify it this day phase all you want. But that was your reasoning for voting Star at the time.

As far as "solid role claims" go. These are both of theirs
I'm the Priestess. You're very own x-shot PR. Doc and RB.
flavor is very minor... temple yadayada wipe out scum.

Ok, fine. I'm A detective PR.
Both are shaky, Gorlak even more so because of the yadayada stuff.

He is towny as fuck. His survival wasn't at all surprising - scum clearly think they can still get this lynch. His "late" command claim is also reasonable - no one asked for his command, and taking it from Zipped's info leaves him open to a counterclaim.
No one asked for his command? He should've been more open about it. Also if he is scum he may be fishing for a counterclaim to get a town PR in the open.

The townies on Gorlak need to move their vote ASAP, this has "inevitable mislynch" written all over it.
Very shitty of you to word the sentence like that. Making it seem like all who vote for Gorlak are scum.

Also just so i don't assume anything. Your edit was Ok'd by Ynnny/RF as well? I ask because Fen lists it was ok in theirs.
=========================================

At the very least Gorlak's flip will provide us with the most information. Especially in regards to you and why you think he is "towny as fuck".

==============
On FEP and his claim. Chosen's role pm doesnt say he can target gods specifically until the day command thing.

Sophia

Post #8

Originally, my theory was that Feng might have been partially lying about the lightning rod ability in some way. But then I realized that if Zipped was telling the truth, then the kill would have been transferred. I see no reason why the Mafia wouldn't have known about that, and therefore there's no way Feng could be the lightning rod in that theory. Which then leaves the question of how did all seven commands end up on me? Too many variables for that theory.

Likewise, if Gorlak is lying, then who has the holy ward in Zipped abilities? And how did Feng's lightning Rod get transferred over to me?

My current theory is this:

Gorlak is telling the truth, and was the intended target of the night kill. He used his doctor ability on himself to protect himself. The mafia targeted Gorlak because he never specified on Day 1 how many shots he actually had, and he never specified if his power could self-target now or not.

Feng is telling the truth, and he used his lightning rod ability last night. He survived the redirected kill because Gorla's doctor ability transferred over. And he survived the lightning because of the protect command.

If both of these two are telling the truth, then that would mean Zipped is lying...? He claimed all seven abilities had targeted me right after I had roleclaimed. Did he think I was lying about the Gold Cursed? And nobody had claimed a lightning rod at the time...

Of course, this leaves the question of who threw out the protect command, and on who? My guess is on Gorlak, because they probably thought the same as me and figured the Mafia wouldn't leave such an easy kill on the table.

Post 6:

vote: fengshuifever

If you were a lightning rod, unless you specifically were role blocked, I know "activate" would have popped up on this list. And it's not. My ability and another ability which I will speak to is the other one.

Two of you know from my breadcrumb post (post 2) why he is full of it, and know he didn't use an ability. you two know he wasn't invited to your party and should find other reasons to vote for him (to not expose yourselves).

im probably going to be NK'd for this post but if fengshuifever is trying to get Gorlak out of trouble he chose the wrong thing to say.

My obedience was to use my role on Sophia. I did and I got seven responses. None of those responses were activate,

I'm not sure what your actual obedience is, but the fact that you've been drip feeding those seven responses makes me uneasy and makes think you're scum and you might not know all seven. And now you just targeted Feng when I ruled him out....

My guess is: You only know what happened to Gorlak, and not any of the other commands that night. It's only a guess tho; I can't prove or disprove it right now.

Post #1.

I'm going to frame a story about my children. I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. And currently my 3 year old is going through a rebellious phase. All I want is for him to listen, to remain obedient when in situations that need him to remain calm. Alas he is only a 3 year old and has trouble listening.

But when he does, it's amazing to see a child listen, follow through, and achieve success.

I've been thinking about yesterday and 100% I believe Sophia is town. No question about it, 100% town. It's really just a gut feeling, but I think she is town.

And then there's this too. Why would he think I was 100% town after my role claim?

Saving my final two posts for any counter-arguments or supporting arguments, and final votes.

Votecount

seath (0)
ezekelrage 504 (525)

fengshuifever (1)
*splinter 505 (505)
zippedpinhead 569

flatearthpandas (1)
*splinter 505
sophia 515 (522)

gorlak (4)
crimsonfist 506 (568)
zippedpinhead 517 (569)
ezekelrage 525
wherearemahdragonz 528
sophia 538 (563)
darryl 545
seath 557

*splinter (0)
freakinchair 510 (537)

crimsonfist (1)
oceanicair 535

darryl (4)
freakinchair 537
giant panda 539
fengshuifever 561
crimsonfist 568

Majority is at 9 for the first lynch, 5 for the second lynch. Three-way tie will result in No Lynch.

Post count
*Splinter 4
Gorlak 3
Sophia 8
Darryl 8
CrimsonFist 7
flatearthpandas 4
Seath 4
EzekelRAGE 6
Kyanrute 3
OceanicAir 2
Zippedpinhead 6
Swamped 1
fengshuifever 4
Giant Panda 3
WhereAreMahDragonz 3
Freakinchair 4
Lone_Prodigy 1

Ignore the last part about FEP at the end of the post. I was working on the post starting with Gorlak, then splinter, then FEP. But I moved my arguments against FEP to to top because that was the most important, incase ppl just skimmed and saw the big wall. That is also the reason whyI trimmed a lot of multiquotes from Gorlak to clean it up a bit.

In response to the Zippsituation. A gorlak flip will also give us information on that as well.

Zeke, very true. And I still don't believe Gorlak's role claim at all.

All, I am claiming.

I view commands, last night I was given the option to Obey and target Sophia or fear wrath and Refuse. As part of my role question, I know from my response that I see every role even my own role, and Based on that I assume that no matter what the command is, it is still a command and my role would cause it to show up. ( so if I viewed someone who did not have anything else used on him/her I would still see myself).

Activate was highlighted as a command by fengshuifever, and even if he had used it on himself it should have shown up. It didn't. My only assumption is that fengshuifever is lying about something.

Originally when I got 7 responses I assumed that the obey/refuse request was from a God and many others had made a similar request from them. That is why I framed my story as obedience (which it was) and the pm drip (to see if I could prevent a full role claim).

The last action was invite, we either have a gossip or a kingkitty bomber be afraid or not.

Targets sounded like a tracker ability (tracking the players target)
Protect and holy ward we have already discussed.
Kill seems fairly obvious,
Absorb - your guess is as good as mine
View - my ability.

That's it my whole game. I don't trust Gorlak, fengshuifever and giant panda.

I don't trust Gorlak because i did not believe his role claim for holy ward, if fengshuifever really did get all those actions I am a fool.

If fengshuifever really is a lightning rod, and all those abilities showed up on him, them I will legit feel tricked by the gods for "activate" not being part of it.

I don't trust giant panda from the constant requests on what I did and what I do, he is on my list for that.

I think the Darryl votes have some base, but I think some of it is bias. He would be a distant fourth on my list.

Post 2.

Did Sophia claim to get ahead of Zipped? Feng claiming lightning makes Zipped look more believable.

Maybe a switcher swapped Feng and Sophia? But would a switch have priority over lightning?

I'm starting to lean towards Zipped being scum. He knows there's a lightning rod and attaches his wagon to someone playing pretty town. This drip feeding is not helping either. "Oh I also know this because it's part of my role." Sounds like an extremely complex and increasingly unbelievable role.

And what's with lumping me in with the Gorlak defence force? Because he didn't die he's scum? And all the other claimed roles and actions are completely normal, on a day with two lynch targets and limited posts? I don't think his claim was very unbelievable, and I'm not the only one. If he flips scum then sure, I accept responsibility, but reads are imperfect.

Post 3.

Just saw zipped post. Who gives you the command? Komena, proxy, or random? Why would you ever refuse, unless you were targeting a known veteran?

With Sophia's role, a bunch of people would not have night actions tonight. Did anyone receive a notification about that or are they just going to submit a command tonight and see that nothing happened?

Feng's first post of the day was his claim. I don't really think he would lie about that and draw attention to himself.

Post 2.

Did Sophia claim to get ahead of Zipped? Feng claiming lightning makes Zipped look more believable.

Maybe a switcher swapped Feng and Sophia? But would a switch have priority over lightning?

I'm starting to lean towards Zipped being scum. He knows there's a lightning rod and attaches his wagon to someone playing pretty town. This drip feeding is not helping either. "Oh I also know this because it's part of my role." Sounds like an extremely complex and increasingly unbelievable role.

And what's with lumping me in with the Gorlak defence force? Because he didn't die he's scum? And all the other claimed roles and actions are completely normal, on a day with two lynch targets and limited posts? I don't think his claim was very unbelievable, and I'm not the only one. If he flips scum then sure, I accept responsibility, but reads are imperfect.

Assuming I understand how the Lightning rod works then wouldn't it be possible that everyone is telling the truth? Couldn't the prayer that showed 7 actions being targeted on Sophia been redirected to Feng? Thus making his read incorrect about the player but still correct in the number of actions? Also... What's the deal with the bolded above?

Post 4.

Typed that wrong. I think Feng being a lightning rod is believable. It makes zipped seeing 7 actions look believable. But he didn't see Feng activate. If the rod happened first to redirect all commands, would you see the rod activate? Lots of questions about priority.

After reading that zipped post I'm leaning towards him telling the truth, as convenient as that may be.

Well thank you Zipped for giving some more information. I think that you are telling the truth, or at least think you are telling the truth. Your claim is pretty wild to just make up if you're scum, and your information on the abilities match up with what other players have said so far. This leads me to believe that you are probably town. I think freakinchair's scenario is the most likely. Your view/obedience thing on Sophia was redirected to feng along with all the other abilities due to the lightning rod, but I guess you weren't informed that your results had been from feng instead.

So that doesn't necessarily mean that there is scum among the feng/Zipped/Sophia trio even with the seeming inconsistencies. Until someone counterclaims Gorlak's Holy Ward thing, I believe he is telling the truth as well.

Post the Third

I think somebody might be mafia in this group

Gorlak: Claims to have used Holy Ward on himself, saved him from night kill
Sophia: Claims to have Gold-Curse from the god Xeros (who's this god again?), will role-block person next night if targeted
Zipped: Claims to have received a list of all actions done to Sophia, (why Sophia though?). Was ordered to do so by some unknown entity or face wrath. Didn't see Feng's action.
Fengshuifever: Claims to have a Lightning Rod with the action "activate"

Again why does this scenario mean that Gorlak is lying? Something really seems to have gone awry with the actions last night, so even if he was supposed to die how would he? Last night's results don't really give any info on Gorlak's alignment.

Zipped/Sophia really bug right now, why would we have an all around role blocker/doctor and a tracker/and an action finder, they seem to be cut from the same cloth role wise, seems like a bit much. Also, nothing they say makes their roles seem to be Komena aligned (Xeros?). I am really wondering why somebody would tell Zipped to look at Sophia anyway, is it a red herring or did they know something like this would happen last night.

The lightning rod seems town aligned and the fact that feng is the only one to claim it (with no counter-claims leads me to believe him) so whatever caused that to go to Sophia really seems to be because of Zipped/Sophia not telling the truth/full story. Can't see how Feng/Zipped/Sophia can all be telling the truth. If Feng used "activate" Zipped should've seen it, so that already is an inconsistency. So the fact that Zipped didn't even acknowledge/see Feng's claim (to the point of voting him) means a lot more to me.

Vote: Zippedpinhead

I am really thinking you're lying about some of the actions.

Swamped

Banned
NUMBER 2

Looks like Zipped just fully claimed, and laid out all 7 actions that he saw. I think there are some contradictions but maybe it can be sorted out logically. As I understand, here is how things played out today:

1. Sophia claims Gold-cursed (kind of a delayed RB, but sounds like a passive role)
2. Zipped says he prayed to Sophia and got 7 actions that took place on her in return. We all assume she must be a LR
3. Feng chimes in and claims that he is a LR, and that he used his ability last night. He specified that he can only use it once (which is good otherwise we'd probably keep having deathless nights which makes for a much less fun game)
4. Zipped insists that Feng must be lying because he definitely targeted Sophia, and that 'Activate' was not among the commands he saw. So I believe that Zipped is claiming to be a voyeur (someone who targets a player and sees what actions were performed on them).

Meanwhile, there is some controversy between 'Holy Ward' and 'Protect as well, which Gorlak has gone in to in some depth.

Let's assume Feng is telling the truth. This means Zipped ended up watching Feng N1. This must imply that Zipped is lying about only seeing 7 actions. He must have seen 8 and 'Activate' was one of them. If so, why lie about that? To get Feng lynched? Seems like an overly convoluted way of going about it. In this scenario Sophia could be telling the truth - it has no impact on what Zipped saw.

Let's assume Zipped is telling the truth. I think everything makes sense in this case, except for not seeing 'Activate' among the commands, as Feng claims to have used this on himself.

The thing is, in either of these scenarios I don't understand why those involved people would lie, especially not Zipped. He came out with this information freely, which I see as a pro-Komena move.

Feng also opened up with the LR claim. He seems genuinely puzzled at the situation - it's obvious he's alive because of the 'protect' command that was re-directed to him (if he's telling the truth about being LR). At this point, I'm not sure I see why Feng would lie. I think a LR is more likely to be town-aligned than scum-aligned.

Sophia certainly had suspicion on her D1, so maybe that's why she opened up with a pre-emptive claim. She also insists that her 'story' on D1 was a breadcrumb, but I'm not sure I see it.

Still getting my thoughts together, but I've not been feeling great about Sophia.

VOTE: Sophia

Zipped feels strongly about Gorlak being Pepsi-aligned. Gorlak just claimed that he has a vig ability too. I'm getting the feeling that Gorlak just wants to stay alive, judging from his behavior on late D1 too.

Off topic, but I'm getting Komena vibes from Zeke's latest posts.

Swamped

Banned
NUMBER 3

^and when I say Komena-vibes I don't mean that Zeke is konema but that I'm getting town vibes from him. So much for trying to use the flavor language lol, maybe I should just stick to scum and town since I can't spell the factions' names anyway.

Kyanrute

hmm.

feng was the lightning rod. Zipped targeted Sophia, but got redirected to feng. What I gather from fengs post at #564, the command is not targeted, so it is possible that this would be the reason why Zipped did not see it. This is getting rather techical indeed.

With this, the final contradiction that has not been removed, if I am getting this whole mess correctly, is FEP. Zipped did not see his command. He claims he prays to an untargetable god.

VOTE: flatearthpandas

Darryl

Banned
Maybe I'm stupid - let's pretend I am. So please Darryl, or anyone else, start from the beginning. State a fresh case against Gorlak that even I can understand.

Ok, this needs to be rethought out now. My action was invite, and with Zipped confirming it, I apparently retargeted "Sophia". I didn't target Sophia. I targeted Swamped and OceanicAir. So this gives the possibility that Feng was telling the truth more weight. I'm probably going to get lynched this day phase, and I don't really care. However, it is a waste of time and my role is Dreamweaver.

Now, I'm not particularly interested in the duo of Feng/Zipped. If there is another lightning rod, they could claim and kill confirmed scum Feng. Zipped also is nearly impossible to be lying. He has also shown a lot of conviction in himself.

Gorlak also does probably have a Priestess role. Whether that is a scum role or not is impossible to tell. This is enough for me to want to move on off of him, though. Gorlak lying about

There was TREMENDOUS reasoning to thinking that Gorlak was faking the lightning rod. Why on earth would anyone think he was telling the truth with such a long-winded story? You'd either have to be not reading, or scum who has more information then they're letting on. If Gorlak is town, then scum figured out what happened already with their list of PRs Zipped let loose. So, they're probably going to try to come up on the right side of history with this. So, people like this:

Anyways, I'm going to go back to voting for FlatEarthPandas. Since he should've used a PRAY: command last night. It isn't on the list.

Vote: flatearthpandas

Other good lynch candidates include *Splinter, Freakinchair, CrimsonFist. Pretty much disregard that entire list earlier. Top town is Feng and Zipped.

I was so focused on trying to square the Sophia/Feng lightning rod situation, I had forgotten about flatearthpandas. I agree that he is a better target than my current vote of Darryl, especially if Zipped's information supports Darryl's claim.

vote: flatearthpandas

*Splinter

5/10

Ok, I think this has all been mentioned now so consider it a recap, as far as makes sense to me:

-Feng is a lightning rod, command ACTIVATE. He used this last night.
-Zipped has some kind of motion detector ability. He targeted Sophia last night but was of course redirected to Feng.
-Since ACTIVATE doesn't target anyone, it wouldn't be redirected onto Feng, and therefore makes sense for Zipped not to see this power (my opinion, I guess).
-This also explains why noone is gold cursed - noone actually targetted Sophia last night.

Zipped eventually revealed everything he saw, and has admitted to lying a lot in his claims. I'm not 100% sure his accusations and trusting of Sophia etc. is consistent with his claim, but apart from that I can imagine townie reasons for his lies. He's also been bread crumbing like crazy today so I'm kind of content to let all that play out.

Why are you suddenly against a gorlak lynch? Especially since you were cool with it earlier this day phase.
bb89d1c6803b749c4137fbc237a544dd.png

He wasn't lynched yesterday because he made a last minute claim. You moved your vote off of gorlak long before he even claimed, so his claim had nothing to do with you not voting for him. Your only excuse for voting Star at the tiem was excitement. You didn't list anything that would help town pick between the two. Just added to the chaos at the end of the day voting.

You can backpedal and justify it this day phase all you want. But that was your reasoning for voting Star at the time.

As far as "solid role claims" go. These are both of theirs

Both are shaky, Gorlak even more so because of the yadayada stuff.

No one asked for his command? He should've been more open about it. Also if he is scum he may be fishing for a counterclaim to get a town PR in the open.

Very shitty of you to word the sentence like that. Making it seem like all who vote for Gorlak are scum.

Also just so i don't assume anything. Your edit was Ok'd by Ynnny/RF as well? I ask because Fen lists it was ok in theirs.
I wasn't "ok with a Gorlak lynch" in that image. What I said is a fact - vote analysis is more effective when we know the alignments of the parties involved. That doesn't mean I'm ok with wasting a lynch on Gorlak today.
I've already talked about my Starsketch vote. Wasn't sure at the time but became more happy with it later. Also when I talk about Gor's claim I am referring to every post he's made about it, not just the one or two when his life was on the line.
Yes I was making it seem like everyone voting for Gorlak is scum. Not sorry. The numbers alone prove that accusation false.
My edit was ok'd by Ynnny.

Ok, this needs to be rethought out now. My action was invite, and with Zipped confirming it, I apparently retargeted "Sophia". I didn't target Sophia. I targeted Swamped and OceanicAir. So this gives the possibility that Feng was telling the truth more weight. I'm probably going to get lynched this day phase, and I don't really care. However, it is a waste of time and my role is Dreamweaver.

Now, I'm not particularly interested in the duo of Feng/Zipped. If there is another lightning rod, they could claim and kill confirmed scum Feng. Zipped also is nearly impossible to be lying. He has also shown a lot of conviction in himself.

Gorlak also does probably have a Priestess role. Whether that is a scum role or not is impossible to tell. This is enough for me to want to move on off of him, though. Gorlak lying about

There was TREMENDOUS reasoning to thinking that Gorlak was faking the lightning rod. Why on earth would anyone think he was telling the truth with such a long-winded story?
What thread are you reading? Gorlak claimed roleblock and doctor, later added a vig shot. Still not the craziest role I've seen even this season.
For last night he claims to have protected himself and thats it. How/why are you dragging the lightning rod into this?

Don't think we should be lynching Darryl btw. He's claimed the invite command which suggests some kind of gossip. Not necessarily a town aligned role but its at least verifiable and we can go from there.
At this point I'm not sure on who else to suggest... we're going to start running out of posts soon though so I again recommend cleaning up LP (err, no offense).

Gorlak

Banned
FEP
posts before day start claiming to not be a god
#519 insists on gods being neutral, scum doesn't know about them
claims supplicant, prays to komena
gets something in the dictates
----
#530 - again emphasizes that the assumption "pepsi = part of the scum team" is wrong and dangerous
read list
refers to star's flip as verification that gods can be night targeted
---
#395 revealed knowledge about dictates during the night

really odd post: #470 "double down on gorlak" - this was two minutes before deadline and it's hard to tell who you were talking to. please quote the post you were referring to, thanks.
---
There is one argument against him I can't understand, I believe Ezekel brought it up:

On FEP and his claim. Chosen's role pm doesnt say he can target gods specifically until the day command thing.

I interprete Star's flip differently: "gods can't be night target" from op and Star's flip "Once per night, you may send us the command Investigate <Player>. If you do, you will learn if the chosen player is a god." may contradict each other directly. Two possibilities:
1. she wouldn't get an answer at all when hitting a god instead of "no" when everyone else or
2. she could night target gods, which seems more likely

So this does not give me scummy vibes, maybe he can search for gods at night. But we have however a lightning rod and a supposedly "full" list of actions. This is a big thing. Why would "pray" not show up? Are you full of shit, FEP?

TL;DR - Questions for FEP
Explain post #470
Why did your command not show up?
What do you "get" in the dictates?

Final verdict depends on answer. I think he's either a god or scum right now.

---
Feng is town. He's confirmed by Zipped's reveal of night actions because SEVEN people do not choose the same target.
--------------------------------

... this is soooo time consuming, wtf.

Zipped
FFS you changed your whole story at #574. I had paragraphes full of weird stuff in your previous posts which didn't add up... damn, wasted time.
You doubt feng because "active" is not on your list, yet he is the only explanation for your massive list of night actions.

You're a voyeur. You were asked to watch Sophia. What exactly were the gifts you received?

This still doesn't add up. What were the "7 responses"?
Can you explain this part please " As part of my role question, I know from my response" ~ question, response? This has nothing to do with the gods but only your role?

----------------
Darryl
So you just did a 180°. You have only one post left. You invite people. The only one who should've been invited now is lightning rod Feng. Feng did you receive an invite? Swamped, Oceanic, Sophia?

There was TREMENDOUS reasoning to thinking that Gorlak was faking the lightning rod. Why on earth would anyone think he was telling the truth with such a long-winded story? You'd either have to be not reading, or scum who has more information then they're letting on. If Gorlak is town, then scum figured out what happened already with their list of PRs Zipped let loose. So, they're probably going to try to come up on the right side of history with this. So, people like this:

I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LIGHTNING ROD. Please Darryl, why do you keep saying this? Are you kidding me? Get your shit together. Jesus.

The bolded looks like a scum slip-up. "with their list of PRs Zipped let loose"? Why would you call it their list? What exactly are you talking about here? If you flip scum this would implicate Zipped, too.

You're whole post #584 looks like it was posted early. "gorlak lying about" without any context. and at the end of the quote names are missing.
You changed your reads completely. Neither Swamped nor L_P you're previous most scummy people should be considered now?
I still have a bad feeling about you and believe you are scum.

Vote: Darryl

----------
That's enough for today. I think I'm overlooking something. Kyan is again the top notch coaster I know. He's giving enough input to be here, but I feel uneasy about him.
Seath basically got a free card today. L_P being inactive.
Freakinchair, Crimson, Oceanic, Swamped, Ezekel, Sophia, Splinter, Dragonz (totally forgot her, had to look up the player list)

I'll look closer at everyone after I got my sleep now. Right now I'd be favouring Darryl and ... the second is a hard decision ... FEP?/L_P/Splinter, but as I said I'll have to look over the remaining players and FEP needs to answer.

Keep in mind we only have 24 hours left. We need TWO lynch targets. It is possible we won't reach majority on someone and the two people with most votes on them will be lynched.

Sophia

Post #9, and my final vote for the first lynch.

Anyways, I'm going to go back to voting for FlatEarthPandas. Since he should've used a PRAY: command last night. It isn't on the list.

Other good lynch candidates include *Splinter, Freakinchair, CrimsonFist. Pretty much disregard that entire list earlier. Top town is Feng and Zipped.

I'm guessing there's suppose to be a quote there? Also, I'm guessing that because there wasn't two names there, your command failed? I didn't receive anything during the night.

But either way, I give up. If you're confirming that the invite Zipped just mentioned is your own power role, then I can no longer find reason for any of those three to be lying.

If Zipped is lying, then your claim makes no sense.
If Gorlak is lying, then Zipped having Holy Word is a mystery + how did the power pass from Feng to me?
If Feng is partially lying, then what did Mafia intend to do with the kill command there?
If Feng is completely lying, how did all seven commands hit me, including yours?

Voting with Darryl on this. His logic for why FEP is scum makes sense, and we're under 24 hours, so I see no reason not to. I'm still skeptical of the vig-shot from Gorlak. But I dunno what to think on it's own. :\

I am A Supplicant. If I can successfully pray to Komena during the night phase, I get something in the dictates. The power only works once but I can use it every night until it succeeds. There is no mention of pepsicola. If there are others with my role, I don't specifically know about them but I could see there being one for pepsicola or even competing for who can find komena first. Regardless, I believe it will be publicly clear if I succeed.

Something else I noticed. You see here how FEP mentions he'd get something in the dicates? Well look at the post where we got the dictates at.

Today's dictates are: Eagerness and Inactivity

They have names. Specific names. That makes me think the dictates are picked from a list. Which seems slightly inconsistent with what FEP said earlier about getting something in the dictates?

-This also explains why noone is gold cursed - noone actually targetted Sophia last night.

I'm not so certain this is the case. Like I said before, there is no information in regards to how the notifications behave. There might be something on Day 3.

So you just did a 180°. You have only one post left. You invite people. The only one who should've been invited now is lightning rod Feng. Feng did you receive an invite? Swamped, Oceanic, Sophia?

I presume his command didn't work; he mentioned two people when he claimed he used his command. I didn't get anything, so I presume nobody else did either.

Sophia: Claims to have Gold-Curse from the god Xeros (who's this god again?), will role-block person next night if targeted

Xeros is the God of Knowledge and the God of the Future. It was in the flavor text included with my role. I ran into him in the quest for greed, and got cursed.

Sophia

Wait a fucking second...

If all three of them are telling the truth... shouldn't you have targeted Feng?

Darryl
I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LIGHTNING ROD. Please Darryl, why do you keep saying this? Are you kidding me? Get your shit together. Jesus.

You're right; Crimson was the first to bring up a lightning rod, not you...

Unvote

I apparently just wasted a post.

I give up. This is post #10.

Darryl, if you're scum, well played for this round.

Screw this posting limit. (&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

Darryl

Banned
Gorlak does have to do with the lightning rod. He originally claimed he used his ability on himself, and then later after Zipped came out with his list of abilities he claimed that his ability was lightning rodded onto Sophia. So Gorlak's entire town defense rests onto him having his ability legitimately moved via the lightning rod. If there was no lightning rod, then Gorlak was lying. I have never said Gorlak used the lightning rod himself.

Also, there's no point putting doubt over my ability. Like I said, it will prove itself in time. Zipped himself had come out to say another player used invite. No one else is going to claim they used it. And it didn't work because it involves multiple people. I didn't realize this at first because it is also belated. I invite people to talk with each other one night, and then it goes into effect the next night. My PR is incredibly powerful, so following Gorlak on his misguided tirade is very dangerous.

It wasn't posted early. I spent an hour putting together research. I just gave up and submitted it. I also didn't mean to post my role title. I was supposed to remove it before I submitted it. Obviously I'm not scum, so I don't need to look over my posts before submitting them. I was going to go in deeper on CrimsonFist. However, my playstyle is very mobile and I only have time to post in short bursts. So this posting limit really takes a toll on me.

So gg that's 10 of 10

*Splinter

Well that's... less than ideal. Jeez.

Ok, we have 4 votes on FEP and Darryl, 3 on Gorlak.

FEP is fine, Darryl ok he's been scummy lately, but I'd still rather not lynch him today. His claim is so easy to verify it seems silly to not at least do that.

Obviously I'm against a Gorlak lynch though. And Darryl your last post on him still makes no sense, but conveniently you've locked yourself out for the rest of this day phase.

And Sophia too, while unvoting even... -.-

Swamped, I'm not quite sure what Sophia is playing at, but I have some wild theory I'd like to go into tomorrow (if I get the chance). Also I dont think a Sophia lynch is happening anyway, so who else are you willing to vote for today?

Ocean, same question I guess. I believe zipped misinterpreted his results rather than lied about them. He was definitely taking us for a ride earlier but it looks like that was just an attempt to avoid roleclaiming. He also has several unresolved breadcrumbs so more info to come there I guess.

Zipped, I'm not sure why you're still on feng? His story seems to add up now, I guess you just haven't checked in lately.

Zeke/dragonz/Seath, can I convince any of you to move off of Gorlak? I'm still not seeing the justification for the lynch, and I believe his claim. Yes I'm aware my constant defense of him looks scummy, IDGAF, I'm doing what I think is best.

My lynch choices right now would be FEP > LP > Crimson/Oceanic/Giant Panda > Darryl

Top town are Gorlak, Freakinchair, fengshuifever, probably Swamped. I still have theories on a scum-Zipped but they're pretty wild at this point. Seath has been out of the spotlight today, I don't know where I'd put him now.

6/10...

There's no point wasting time seeing as people are actually running out of posts 2/3 through the phase.

You might remember day 1 I jumped on Seath about using the word heretic. That is my actual role. I am a heretic. It doesn't sound town at all (pretty neutral, really) so I made up something inoffensive that I thought wouldn't get me lynched on the spot or NK'd. Short of listing all night commands publicly in the thread, I think it would have been fine. My power can be used only in the very beginning of the day, between the dictates being posted and the day beginning. That's why I knew I hadn't been NK'd: I was still clear to use my action. My power is to negate the dictates for the day. All of them. X-shot.

So why the hell didn't I put an end to this 10 post BS? I figured beginning of the game was a safe enough time for two lynches and maybe a filter on almost the full player base could have some benefits. More thought required from everyone, less work to read through. Less opportunity for lies, but also less opportunity to talk out of it and scum should be the only ones lying. Also, I just wanted more info. Post restriction could be the worst thing Pepsi has, or there could be worse yet to come. So I bided my time.

Do with that what you will. Bad play? Most likely. Policy lynch if you need to.

Double down on Gorlak was an immediate reaction to Star claiming with "a". Gorlak was the odd man out and so I believed it was faked. The difference between those words is huge but subtle. If you don't know which one you're supposed to use, it's easy to fuck up, but when you do know it's very hard to mess it up. It's still telling to me, tbh.

As for lightning rods. I agree with Darryl that 7 seems low. But then it also seems ridiculously high number of actions for without one so I'm mostly willing to believe it happened. 17 players. At least 2 gods, so only 15 that can be affected. I didn't use my ability. 14. Sophia's is supposedly passive. 13. Toss in a couple vanillas, some one-shot powers being saved, etc, 7 seems like a reasonable number.

Another, less likely scenario, Zipped is scum. Scum team investigated Gorlak and put together a list of actions including his. Gorlak then verifies him. Fellow scum Darryl uses a fake command placed in the list to verify himself, one which fortunately can't actually be verified by anyone else since it failed. Eh. This is a while rabbit hole though that gets more unlikely and implicates more people the deeper it goes. So Zipped is probably telling the truth.

Sophia. Besides her role seeming like something ideal for scum to hide under, why would a god tell Zipped to watch her? Despite her weird posts yesterday, I don't know that she was the most interesting person to watch. What time were you given the command to watch her, Zipped?

I'm very wary of Darryl and Sophia right now. There's really just no excuse for being out of posts right now. Likely, anyone who still hasn't posted, not feeling it.

Splinter I suspect might be a god.

Gorlak does have to do with the lightning rod. He originally claimed he used his ability on himself, and then later after Zipped came out with his list of abilities he claimed that his ability was lightning rodded onto Sophia. So Gorlak's entire town defense rests onto him having his ability legitimately moved via the lightning rod. If there was no lightning rod, then Gorlak was lying. I have never said Gorlak used the lightning rod himself.

Also, there's no point putting doubt over my ability. Like I said, it will prove itself in time. Zipped himself had come out to say another player used invite. No one else is going to claim they used it. And it didn't work because it involves multiple people. I didn't realize this at first because it is also belated. I invite people to talk with each other one night, and then it goes into effect the next night. My PR is incredibly powerful, so following Gorlak on his misguided tirade is very dangerous.

It wasn't posted early. I spent an hour putting together research. I just gave up and submitted it. I also didn't mean to post my role title. I was supposed to remove it before I submitted it. Obviously I'm not scum, so I don't need to look over my posts before submitting them. I was going to go in deeper on CrimsonFist. However, my playstyle is very mobile and I only have time to post in short bursts. So this posting limit really takes a toll on me.

So gg that's 10 of 10

If there is no lightning rod then his claim still makes sense - what did he lie about? Can someone explain the bolded to me because I don't understand that line of reasoning at all.

Secondly. It's entirely possible that you are telling the truth about your PR. In fact - since nobody has come out and counter claimed you ARE probably telling the truth. However... just because you're claiming the power doesn't mean it is a Town power. It could easily be a scum or neutral power. I couldn't think of better flavor for a Peripseros acolyte role than one who attempts to misguide townies by having conversations with them at night. Additionally - You also just used the same argument to defend yourself that would also work for Gorlak. If there is only one person who used Holy Ward and nobody is disputing it (i.e Gorlak's usage) then obviously he was telling the truth. I would lend even more credence to Gorlak's claim since nobody died that night.

Finally - Fengshui is not telling us the whole story. Zipped claims the last power was "invite" and Fengshui has not said a word about that. Shouldn't you have received an invite like how Darryl is claiming? Speak up - is Darryl telling the truth here?

Also I'd like to point out the triple flatearthpandas vote - all within 30 minutes of each other. Two of those posts having barely any sustenance at all and coming to the same "realization". This is at the point where Darryl has the most votes and screams attempted bandwagon to me:

hmm.

feng was the lightning rod. Zipped targeted Sophia, but got redirected to feng. What I gather from fengs post at #564, the command is not targeted, so it is possible that this would be the reason why Zipped did not see it. This is getting rather techical indeed.

With this, the final contradiction that has not been removed, if I am getting this whole mess correctly, is FEP. Zipped did not see his command. He claims he prays to an untargetable god.

VOTE: flatearthpandas

I was so focused on trying to square the Sophia/Feng lightning rod situation, I had forgotten about flatearthpandas. I agree that he is a better target than my current vote of Darryl, especially if Zipped's information supports Darryl's claim.

vote: flatearthpandas

If you have yet to vote or are on the fence you should 100% vote Darryl. My second highest scum read is WhereAreMahDragonz - but its unlikely that the votes will sway that way as well. Scum won't let that happen and I believe we're going to find out if FEP is telling the truth or not. With the way things have been going I believe he is.

Policy lynch for not putting an end to this 10 post garbage.

But seriously, you lied about your role, and now that a contradiction has come out, you suddenly have a completely different role, with a name that sounds pretty scummy, (or neutral, since I guess scum have their own God).

Lying about your role name is one thing, you've at least given a reason for that. but I see no good reason whatsoever for you to have lied about your role, and you haven't really given one either. Why make up that stuff about praying to a God at all?

and to quote yourself:
scum should be the only ones lying.

Also: Darryl and Sophia being out of posts now is really scummy, especially Darryl who has been pretty careless about his post content.

Otherwise: Zipped is a vouyer and Feng is a lightning rod. Fine, I see no more contradictions there. Vouyer could be of either alignment, but why come forward as scum? LR is probably town.

Holy Ward is Gorlak's command, fine. Still not sure I trust you're town, but that's provable. If you're town, shoot someone tonight, if we have two kills you're probably town, and since out win condition just mentions eliminating Followers of Peripseros, there probably isn't a SK.

Darryl, again, as others have side, his role is provable. He could be a scum gossip ofc. But if both his invites were redirected to Feng, he should have a Gossip chat to himself tonight, so all he has to do is tell us that tomorrow. Otherwise I consider him pretty scummy right now.

Sophia running out of posts and unvoting is not a good look at all, there's nothing right now to contradict her role claim, but unlike the other's, it's not easy to prove, and I doubt anyone is going to target her at night now.

(running low, so probably won't comment again for a while, will take some time to look over the other people who have been going under my radar before my next post too.)

Zeke/dragonz/Seath, can I convince any of you to move off of Gorlak? I'm still not seeing the justification for the lynch, and I believe his claim. Yes I'm aware my constant defense of him looks scummy, IDGAF, I'm doing what I think is best.

I wasn't going to change. Or at least wait til FEP explained what was going on. But after his post, yea.

So why the hell didn't I put an end to this 10 post BS? I figured beginning of the game was a safe enough time for two lynches and maybe a filter on almost the full player base could have some benefits. More thought required from everyone, less work to read through. Less opportunity for lies, but also less opportunity to talk out of it and scum should be the only ones lying. Also, I just wanted more info. Post restriction could be the worst thing Pepsi has, or there could be worse yet to come. So I bided my time.

Do with that what you will. Bad play? Most likely. Policy lynch if you need to.

So now to cover up that your command wasn't in zip's list, you say your action happens in the daytime and you didn't use it. Also your reasoning for not using it doesn't make much sense for a town player. A filter on the playerbase has no benefits to town, in my opinion it's the opposite. It gives scum a nice excuse for a reason not to be active. As town all we have are these posts to get reads on ppl. Less posting = less info available = less likely to catch scum slipping up. In fact scum would probably be less likely to slipup with the limits since they have to use them more carefully. Also you decided to not use it before finding out we didn't lose anyone last night. So you are willing to lose up to 4 ppl by day 3? (N1, 2 on Day 2, N2).

scum should be the only ones lying.
And you have been the biggest liar this day phase it seems.

=================
Also from her post it seemed like Sophia was under the impression she would get to vote twice? That is wrong isnt it? From the way I understood it, if the 7 votes get locked in on a majority. They can't vote again. Am I wrong?

Post 6.

Policy lynch or don't. Just don't waste posts talking about it. I lied about the role because I didn't want to reveal my actual one in case Pepsi is on the scum team and they could strategize my NK around their worst dictate.

That's literally all my info. Actually one more. Not X-shot. 1-shot. Public command in the thread.

Yeah, I was more willing to allow whatever number of kills today than I was later in the game. I was more willing to let post restrictions happen today than something worse later. I wanted more info and thought I could buy myself a few days to decide my best course of action. It also occurred that dictates might need to be rotated. So again, should I prefer 10 posts now or later?

If you want to policy lynch. By all means. If not, remember we have a second one going through and the rest of us still need to try and get a scum in that spot.

Post the Fourth
Sorry for the weird disjointed nature of this post

Ocean, same question I guess. I believe zipped misinterpreted his results rather than lied about them. He was definitely taking us for a ride earlier but it looks like that was just an attempt to avoid roleclaiming. He also has several unresolved breadcrumbs so more info to come there I guess.
Zipped/FEP/Sophia are the lynch choices that I'm really considering today. But if you really want to expand I would add you or Crimson. I see no reason to leave that tangled web of Zipped/Sophia/Feng alone today, especially since we have two lynches. Also "taking us for a ride" is not especially townie and avoiding roleclaiming is laughably too late.

I really don't see anything that can reasonably allow Zipped/Feng to tell the truth without extra twisting. Why wouldn't Zipped be able to see Feng's claimed action? He claims to be able to see all of the actions, including his own.

@Zipped: Did you get any note of being role-blocked? I'm asking because if Feng is lying like you claim then you should have targeted a claimed Gold-Cursed Sophia.

I think he has the ability to see actions, but he just changed a couple of them and didn't account for a Feng Lightning Rod.

Pre-Edit:
Seeing FEP's new post makes me slight wary since I thought Royal's post telling us the dictates for the day a half hour early was strange. Also, it show why his action wasn't on Zipped's master list (regardless how I feel about Zipped). The issues I have are the amount of lying that this is wrapped up in and the fact that it is not a confirmed town power role even if true.

Finally - Fengshui is not telling us the whole story. Zipped claims the last power was "invite" and Fengshui has not said a word about that. Shouldn't you have received an invite like how Darryl is claiming? Speak up - is Darryl telling the truth here?

That is true, Feng should have been invited (Sophia already denied) but we could have more info if someone didn't run out of posts but alas nothing we can do about it now (Darryl supposedly invited me too but I got nothing too).

Apologies for the inactivity, I had to finish moving my shit this morning and now I'm at work. But I've been reading the thread while I can, and will go through it thoroughly later, but I feel as though I have enough information to do this:

Unvote

Gorlak's claims make sense. I wasn't sure I fully believed it all; the lightning rod reveal and its subsequent discussion was some Ace Attorney tournabout shit. But the bottom line is that him claiming using holy ward fits with the pattern. I think he's town. Or, at least, he's acting like town. And in a game where every town life matters, that's enough for me.

He was shady before, and still kind of is, but he is less suspicious in my eyes. I have to get back to work, so I will save my vote for when I can take the time to do some decent analysis.

Swamped

Banned
Man, I am really bummed out by this LR thing. If it wasn't for that I would have been invited to a fun and hip gossip chat at the bath house. We'd discuss the latest crazy philosophical ideas Diogenes was propagating, and talk about the latest stola styles (oh wait, is that roman?)

Unvote

I apparently just wasted a post.

I give up. This is post #10.

Darryl, if you're scum, well played for this round.

Screw this posting limit. (&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

So Sophia will not be able to have an active vote today. That really doesn't look great imo.

Swamped, I'm not quite sure what Sophia is playing at, but I have some wild theory I'd like to go into tomorrow (if I get the chance). Also I dont think a Sophia lynch is happening anyway, so who else are you willing to vote for today?

Splinter, why are you defending Sophia? Looks like people want FEP gone, and I can see the reasoning for it. But I want to keep my vote on Sophia as the second lynch candidate. Also, I love your wild theories, so post it today if possible.

That is true, Feng should have been invited (Sophia already denied) but we could have more info if someone didn't run out of posts but alas nothing we can do about it now (Darryl supposedly invited me too but I got nothing too).

According to Darryl (he can't post any more apparently) his command only works if he invites two people at the same time, so on N1 he claims he invited me and OA. But his action was redirected to only one person (Feng) so it failed. I don't know if people are deliberately ignoring this, or if they think he is lying and that's why they are keeping votes on him. I know we have seen scum gossips in Gafia before, but really gossip is a pretty useless power for scum. So I won't vote for him.

Flush and Yeeny allow me to quote my night commands:
Holy Ward (doc-shot) and Sacrament (roleblock-shot)

As I said I protected myself tonight (with Holy Ward). I think your list of actions is confirming a lightning rod ability of Sophia.

Upon re-reading Gorlak I am uncomfortable with lynching him. He made the post claiming Holy Ward after Zipped released the list of commands, which included protect. If Gorlak was lying, he could have easily said that Protect was his command. Instead he opted to go with the more ambiguous 'Holy Ward'. So I think he is probably telling the truth.

Anyway, the main take-away from this post is that I will keep my vote on Sophia.

I do still have many posts available so I guess I can be persuaded to change my vote.

Top Bottom