• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bar MAFIA |OT| There's Gonna Be Shots

Barkeep! I will purchase a round for the house.

[Everyone is now +1 drunk.]

I'm just here to be killed. I'd hate cabot to start crying into your beer.

vote: Hyperactivity

Trying way too hard to establish townie cred.

And you're pressuring newbie players for information. lol.

Did you think you could trick wherearemahdragonz into revealing if she had a power role or not? smh.

anyways barkeep, that home brew was a bit strong, i'm just going to have a pint o' Guinness and a plate of nachos.

Kyanrute

Newbie tips feel insignificant (=neutral, not leaning either way) to me unless they start a trend of "im a noobhelper look at me helping the noobs play the game i m so town wow".

*Splinter

vote: Hyperactivity

Trying way too hard to establish townie cred.

And you're pressuring newbie players for information. lol.

Did you think you could trick wherearemahdragonz into revealing if she had a power role or not? smh.

anyways barkeep, that home brew was a bit strong, i'm just going to have a pint o' Guinness and a plate of nachos.
Pressuring newbies? Can you point it out, I don't see it.

That does remind me though. Hyper you said your vote for Dragonz wasn't random, so what was it? (Or is that a typo?)

MattyG

Banned
You can never be too paranoid.
Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

*Splinter

Newbie tips feel insignificant (=neutral, not leaning either way) to me unless they start a trend of "im a noobhelper look at me helping the noobs play the game i m so town wow".
Pretty much agree with this. I do like bats' point against AbsolutBro though.

kingkitty

as others have noted, i don't see how hyper could possibly trick dragonz into showing a power role with that line of questioning

on that particular point, i think dusk is stretching

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Oh, I'm going to be really sick

Am I really doing this?

Blech, gonna throw up.

So this is going to be a pre-written post (eugh).

Soooo, somewhat differently to my previous mindsets for previous games, I've been convinced that day can be useful, so long as conversation isn't allowed to stall. No, we don't read ANY of your revealing right now (please, I can't deal with that repetitive bs again and again), we have a limited number of roles, or twists/surprises to pull on scum, and while your super-smart gambit gives us one topic to discuss, that's a mere one we'll exhaust pretty quickly (plus, trust me, it's ALREADY been exhausted)

My goal here is that, come day 2, there isn't anyone who people are giving the same reads as with their initial impressions come day 2, at least due to a lack of info (give them stuff to analyze, not "vibes"). That means everyone will (hopefully) be questioned a decent amount today. Our day 1 lynch will be an approximation, and the fact that its partially (or mostly, if you say so) guess work doesn't really matter, imo, to what it accomplishes/sets up.

I'm also hoping for a competitive vote day 1, no bandwagon bullshit, and barring special circumstances (like a REALLY obvious scum or something), I will be voting to get that result.

Now to start this, I'm not going to be voting randomly for Wherearemahdragonz:

VOTE: Wherearemahdragonz

I've never been in a game with you, and based on the pre-game, you'll be fairly active.

Some starter questions (also screw the Danny Phantom losers for making this look dumb now):

1) What teams have you played for before? Which game(s)?

2) Did you come into that game with a plan, idea? Were you planning to act a specific way for it/play to a specific playstyle?

3) How would you describe your playstyle? If you think it has recently changed, in what way?

4) What are your goals for Day 1?/What do you plan on doing day 1?

Question 4 is probably the one I'm most interested in getting an answer to, followed up by maybe first part of 3, and then 2.
Way too much for starting the game. You're true to your name.

VOTE: Hyperactivity

Regarding the questions:

I think I was in the Danganronpa game. Wasn't in very long. Found the meta-game annoying and more work than fun.
2) Did you come into that game with a plan, idea? Were you planning to act a specific way for it/play to a specific playstyle?
No. I have such little experience with the game I'm just here for the show.
3) How would you describe your playstyle? If you think it has recently changed, in what way?

Don't have one.
Not being lynched would be good. Otherwise I'll just be reading and responding occasionally.

as others have noted, i don't see how hyper could possibly trick dragonz into showing a power role with that line of questioning

on that particular point, i think dusk is stretching

I agree, I just felt like he wanted to get to know me.

I don't understand the vote and I hope he'll explain his reasons, though.

Ourobolus

Banned
03 [m] tomakasatnav
06 [m] euphemism
12 [m] TheExodu5
18 [m] Barrylocke
19 [m] nin1000

wake up, fools
we got a game to play

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
No editing was honestly the thing I was most anxious about before starting. I have a bad habit of posting badly-worded garbage and then editing it into something more acceptable afterwards.
I hear you. I must edit my posts 95% of the time. Well, I did before this thread.

Hypers post is so long and quickly posted that I feel like he would have posted it regardless of his role. It looks helpful if he's scum and he's getting early thoughts if he's town. Day 1 has you working with scraps so I suppose thats no better or worse than random votes.

His vote on wherearemahdragonz is a new guy. Im not thinking about him. Its all bland things. Maybe a slight mafia lead for it being a whole lot of helpful sounding things that mean nothing.

Have people made some sort of "newb primer" post in prior games like AbsolutBro did?

Crabs watching us all struggle and collecting thoughts and data from it before he swoops down from roof and sucker punches a player.

MattyG

Banned
I've never played beer pong. Since beer tastes like ass, I would purposely miss.
I've actually never played true beer pong. Kids at school always put water in the cups instead and you just drink out of whatever you have in your hand. I don't know if it's just easier to not have to refill them every time or what.

Ah, context!

Absolut just had a "usual" disclaimer/glossary thing. The ouro thing sticks out a little like why wouldn't Absolut want to say Ouro is mafia all Ouro said so far is "hi."
By "usual" I mean that I have made that post at the start of every game of Gafia I have been in since (I think) Star Wars. Definitely DR. I basically use it to cover what I feel are common insecurities new players may face (based on facing them myself in the very first Mafia game here on GAF).

As for my joke about Ouro, we just came from Gafia 2.0 together. It was a reference to Ouro completely fooling me with his fake claim.

I'm just here.

I believe you were trying to grasp this, though?

Rice_straw.jpg
srsly

batsnacks

Ah, context!

By "usual" I mean that I have made that post at the start of every game of Gafia I have been in since (I think) Star Wars. Definitely DR. I basically use it to cover what I feel are common insecurities new players may face (based on facing them myself in the very first Mafia game here on GAF).

As for my joke about Ouro, we just came from Gafia 2.0 together. It was a reference to Ouro completely fooling me with his fake claim.

srsly

I agree it's not much but I do like your help post less than hyperactivity's help post especially cause hyper posted first and there's overlap.

TheExodu5

Banned
I've only played with scum with Hyperactivity. He was super helpful town as scum. Regardless of whether he's scum or not, his opening post is solid.

1) Harry Potter (scum) and Disney Princess (town)

2) I winged it for Disney. I feel my instincts were pretty horrible as town. I was an alright scum and did have a plan...much easier to play when you have a lot of information.

3) Erratic. I'm not overly thorough in my investigation so I may forget a lot of details when I make accusations. Part of this is due to the fact that I don't have a terrible large amount of time to devote to the game, so when I'm active, I like to be posting more than reading.

4) Honestly, for the first time ever, I'm feeling a no lynch. The last 2 games I've played, day 1 has been greatly detrimental to town, regardless of what the hive mind says.

Retroid

Day 1 is usually filled with non-sense that doesn't need to exist (I know, some people are good at reads, I get it). While I hope no one decides to claim today, it does usually liven things up a bit, although sometimes people can be quick to jump the gun without thinking about it first.

Previously I was in Harry Potter and Love Boat as town and scum respectively. I don't really think I personally entered either with a plan, although one developed in Love Boat as the game went on. I tend to err on the side of thinking about the opposite of what most people are doing as I get worried about agendas. Number one goal of day one is to survive, if I am being honest. Ideally scum dies, but the odds aren't really in our favour, I'd prefer not to risk it but will let the day speak for itself.

kingkitty

lynching, whether a mislynch of town or a scum lynch, gives us information

an early mislynch is a lot less painful than a later one

i agree

also, most of my games ended in a day 1 lynch, and overall i would say it ended in a 50/50ish win/loss ratio

so i don't really buy the idea that lynching day 1 has been a game killer for town

Ourobolus

Banned
like if we lynch kingkitty we'd get the information that he was scum and that we should look at batsnacks or euphemism or cabot

Top Bottom