• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bar MAFIA |OT| There's Gonna Be Shots

batsnacks

What the hell is that some kind of fractal jaeger bomb? it looks like math should be involved in figuring out how to drink that.

nin1000

Banned
Enough time to post obvious things, enough time to post dank maymays, not enough time to consult scum chat and find a new target to drop a vote on?
I asked you why you put KK on your town list, you responded by saying that he was playing the same the last time you were together with him in a game. I pointed out that each game is different and you should consider that. You responded by coming off as choleric. Since even if it might be obvious you action ( putting KK on town list) shows something different. I don't need scum partners to tell me that.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yeah, lol day one read lists. I don't think they do much. I don't think day one does much. But I am trying instead of complaining about it this time.

I don't fancy the way you throw shade at me by accusing me for lacking substance. What is there not to get in the list? You say things but refuse to ask the questions. Perhaps because this way, you make me look worse. Why is the list so much about activity? What is this substance I feel is lacking from his list? Why would it be missing? Is it missing on purpose, or is it only natural?

There is very little to analyze on day one. We all are grasping for straws. Like you are with me.
yep

"Nah don't worry about it. It's not important."

So now I'm slinking into bed alone and have to wake up in 4 hours for work. Thanks a lot all of you.

That's YOUR fault. You should have been bold and invited to tell them about the basics of mafia over drink #4. If it failed it wouldn't have been much worse than whatever happened instead.

Anywho, I'm all caught up just when my shift ended. I want to hear more from Exodu5 though, because he's still dinging me with his initial posts and going into the shadows and I don't like it.

Euphemism is getting to me for the same reason. I'd argue slightly less though, because his YOLO SO RANDOM! vote actually strikes me more as a townie with no idea what to do in our (notoriously!) busy games than a mafia trying to appear on the radar.

Of those two, I'll VOTE: TheExodu5.

Wherearemahdragonz is agreeable, but not mafia agreeable I think. Especially with how active she is, compared to the rest of the lot, it almost feels like she'd be dropping a big jellybean path pointing to her with that smokin' guitar shotgun.

If you notice, I don't seem to be going for the sharpest of the Occam Razors by saying "ITS TOO SCUMMY TO BE SCUM!" more than once.. This may burn me one day but hopefully someone else will make better evidenced cases for blunt hard evidence when we actually HAVE more evidence to play with.

For reference since the game has gotten longer, the vote to TheExodu5 refers to these thoughts:

If I had to choose a person to hop on the train of very early suspicion, I'd have picked Wherearemahdragonz just because she said that she hopes to get an understanding of everyone's analytical voting style now. I think you won't really get much of a feel for that this early, but it sure nice!

Except Hypers original vote was on her, plus it's her first game, so it could just be wanting to not seem like a load early on until she warms up to things.

TheExodu5's initial post to hyper was nice and wholesale, and early too! Very obedient to the post full of nothing. Sounds like a good place to start for me.

Vote: TheExodu5

And the suspicion against euphemism is because of this notorious post:

I just nodded off while swilling absynthe, something I'm known for.

Anyways, I've seen good arguments put up for early lynching and I usually fight against hasty killings of potential fellow townies this early in the game. I guess I'm up for rolling the dice this time because I've seen it go both ways in the past.

vote: salvapot

whistles innocently

Also Barry I believe votes need to be on their own line to get picked up by the tool please.

Fuck you and your tool! You're the tool! You're just mad because of my hard hitting truths I flung out last post! I see you!

...fine...

Vote: TheExodu5

RetroMG

Is there a story behind that?

Not really. It was just kind of commonly agreed by a lot of the players from a couple seasons ago that Jesters/Tanners aren't good for a main season game. We've had tanners in mid-season/mini games, though.

There's more to be said on this topic, but I'll say it over in the main thread.

Thanks for posting, at least it's good to know you're kinda sorta almost participating :D

I'm sorry, i promise to devote as much time as needed today to catch up on this thread today. Its a little hard when you get admitted late but i will do my best.

tumblr_nok85hgkFA1s5qlhio1_500.gif

It wasn't an RNG vote, though. He picked me for a specific "reason". Not a very good reason, IMO, but I digress.

He picks me because I'm new to him and because I've been active. Which, if you think about it, doesn't really make sense. I mean the whole not being in a game with me business is a good enough excuse but the second part is what has me concerned.

"You'll be fairly active." How is that an indication of anything? I find it hard to believe that all he wanted was a fast response, when there are many other active people here. The game wasn't going anywhere, and honestly he got lucky, because I was actually in a class when the game started. But I've been suspecting that I've been a scapegoat for a little while now, I just wanted to sleep on it. And by recent developments, I'd say he's succeeding. I've been on his case since the beginning and I am convinced he knows more than he's letting on. No, he picked me because he knew I would be in the thread a lot and that if he talked about me as the first post, there would be a spotlight on me.

Scum don't want open discussion. They want to control what's said, even on day one when no one knows anything. They immediately have the advantage right off the bat, because they know way more than we do. And I'm like 99% convinced that I was picked as an easy target. Ever since Hyper's opening post, I've been the topic of discussion in a large percentage of the votes, because I stuck with you. Because I was the first thing mentioned in this game. Scum wouldn't have to direct conversation if we did it ourselves. It's also funny how Hyper has mysteriously vanished. He drops some other posts with nothing of note and leaves the town to do his dirty work. And it was pre-planned, suggesting that he coordinated the whole thing with a team.

I'll probably be accused of "bandwagoning an opinion" in response to Salva. Or for trying to throw someone under the bus. Maybe I'm being too aggressive, but you can't deny this whole thing is super fishy.

I'd put scum team as Hyper, timetokill, and Dusk as my top three. Dusk because it's a great cover to vote for someone who is accused of tunneling right from the beginning in order to appear helpful. It takes your teammate off of everyone's radar by drawing attention to yourself. I can't shake the feeling that they're working as a team.

His recent random vote has made me highly suspicious of timetokill. I would be fine with it if his reasoning was actually good, but it's not. Can you offer any further explanation, kill?

But for now, until I get an answer, I feel fairly comfortable with a vote on Hyper.

Vote: Hyperactivity

Don't really see why you're confused by it. You answered your own question, you were active, and I wanted an answer semi-quickly, to move onto the next person, (and iirc, you were most active before the game, if i remember the post counts correctly. So why you if there were other active people? Because I have never played with you before. But why you among the other people that haven't played with. Because you seemed fairly active.

It really was just some arbitrary thing. I didn't want to put my vote on someone I'd get an answer from in 1.5 days, staling conversation, exactly as I didn't want to happen.

A couple people now have tried to say that me disappearing is an indication of me being scum, I don't want to interfere.

A. Tell me how brilliantly said strategy has worked, please. Randomly disappearing/making next to no posts for 2 days after being the most active poster, that's definitely what I'd call "slithering" into the background where people won't notice you.

B. Mentioned that habit WAAAYYYY before I did it. Not to excuse it, but the post where I answer my own questions talks about me doing this in Final Fantasy and other games, and if you want to go to those games and verify, go ahead. Hell, if you want to get really meta, I probably have posts verifying what I said about being annoyed about being inactive from before the game.

So yeah, not sure how me going inactive leans towards me being town or scum, but feel free to spin that yarn

tanners are dumb

We tried one once last mid-season, but iirc they even had to remove him from the game

It seems like it would be a fun role to play as, you can just say whatever you want with no repercussions.

I guess it depends on who gets the role though.

---

I guess to get this back on topic, since I still need to move my vote around.

What's everyone's opinion on batsnacks?

I've noticed that he's been a pretty active voter, moving it around a lot trying to ignite discussion/bandwagons.

Nobody is really biting, however nobody is really targeting him either...

Just curious in general why you guys aren't being more suspicious of his behaviour.

TheExodu5

Banned
For the record, I haven't really posted much fluff. I just find day 1 pretty boring and don't like voting off instinct as my instincts were pretty horrible last game I played town. I stand by my no lynch. I realize no lynch is not the popular option here and won't win anyways, this is just for me.

Vote: No lynch

It seems like it would be a fun role to play as, you can just say whatever you want with no repercussions.

---

I've noticed that he's been a pretty active voter, moving it around a lot trying to ignite discussion/bandwagons.

Just curious in general why you guys aren't being more suspicious of his behaviour.

It's stupid for everyone else

For the record, I haven't really posted much fluff. I just find day 1 pretty boring and don't like voting off instinct as my instincts were pretty horrible last game I played town. I stand by my no lynch. I realize no lynch is not the popular option here and won't win anyways, this is just for me.

Quick question, you planning to end your participation in day 1 with this vote?

*Splinter

---

He's probably my top town at the moment, I don't remember him doing anything suspicious so far, and hes done a good job of prodding people, keeping discussion going etc.

Why do you single out batsnacks though? I know Ouro has been on his case most of today, so it's not like he's been ignored.

*Splinter

I can't remember if I already posted this, but I'm a little suspicious of ttk now. I thought Ouro's case against him was weak - I wouldn't consider him inactive so it made sense (to me) that others would be called out over him. BUT I thought he reacted to the accusation very poorly, his next few posts seemed jittery in comparison to his earlier, relaxed tone.

Won't be voting for a newbie on Day 1, but I'll be keeping a close eye on him.

*Splinter

VOTE: Tomakasatnav

First half of the day Tomakasatnav was completely under my radar. He was posting fine ish but I never really built a strong impression of him, even forgetting he was playing at times.

More recently he's been posting less, or even stopped altogether? But so far I don't think anyone has mentioned him. I'd even say that Ouro skipped over him for timetokill (inactivity argument) and Dusk skipped over him for batsnacks (no suspicion argument). Obviously one or both of those could be honest mistakes, but we'll cross that bridge after toma flips scum.

As far as day 1 lynches go, I'm feeling pretty good about this choice and will be pushing for others to join me on it. For now I'd like counterarguments from anyone, and a reads list from Tomakasatnav.

Kyanrute

First half of the day Tomakasatnav was completely under my radar. He was posting fine ish but I never really built a strong impression of him, even forgetting he was playing at times.

More recently he's been posting less, or even stopped altogether? But so far I don't think anyone has mentioned him. I'd even say that Ouro skipped over him for timetokill (inactivity argument) and Dusk skipped over him for batsnacks (no suspicion argument). Obviously one or both of those could be honest mistakes, but we'll cross that bridge after toma flips scum.

As far as day 1 lynches go, I'm feeling pretty good about this choice and will be pushing for others to join me on it. For now I'd like counterarguments from anyone, and a reads list from Tomakasatnav.

Why him over the other lowriders?

Retroid, if you can get one more person to your side. "No Lynch" could take the plurality.

He's probably my top town at the moment, I don't remember him doing anything suspicious so far, and hes done a good job of prodding people, keeping discussion going etc.

Why do you single out batsnacks though? I know Ouro has been on his case most of today, so it's not like he's been ignored.

None of his attempted bandwagons have gained any steam. I just wanted to gage people's opinions since they're not really engaging any of them.

I have to admit I did consider bringing up tomakas, but I noticed that he was a newer player, and figured maybe that was just his style not to post a lot.

*Splinter

Retroid, if you can get one more person to your side. "No Lynch" could take the plurality.

None of his attempted bandwagons have gained any steam. I just wanted to gage people's opinions since they're not really engaging any of them.

I have to admit I did consider bringing up tomakas, but I noticed that he was a newer player, and figured maybe that was just his style not to post a lot.
He isnt new. I think he was in season 1, might not have played since then though

*Splinter

Re: WhereAreMahDragonz

I was suspicious of Dragonz very early on and never explained why. Basically I thought she was padding her post count pre- game. She was mostly accused for her low activity last game, and having an extra 25 posts can really help a low activity player, especially in day 1, if people start looking at the post count.

However

She continued to be high activity after the game started. If you take off those 25 she's still among the top post counts, so I can rule out the possibility that this was a cunning ruse.

Without that, I don't have a strong read on her either way. I know she's had a couple of fishy posts, the main thing I remember is her weird focus on Hyper's early vote and trying to build a narrative around that. I'd say I lean very slightly scum on her now, but theres not much in it.

Kyanrute

I personally try not to get too invested the Day1 #scumhunt.

If pretty much never leads to scum getting lynched, and most of our discourse is going to be thrown out the window 12 hours before the deadline when everyone suddenly notices how much AbsolutBro has flown under the radar.

I am bit over twelve hours early with this, but Absolut (among others) has been MIA for a bit now. His overall contribution has been the newbie tips he gave us and the comments he gave regarding it all after receiving some heat.

Largely for the possible connection to Ouro and Dusk. He's had no one posting about him all day, despite being just as inactive as the others.

Before I sleep, actually, I wanted to ask you. Can you elaborate on this connection? Im not trying to throw shade at you; I just don't really remember the possible connection between the three of them.

Timeaisis

RE: tomakasatnav (or however he spells that)
He's played that game in every game I've been in with him. So at least he's consistent there. Eventually, he will need to get lynched, but I believe we have stronger candidates for today (dusk, exodu5, hyper, euphemism)

Oh, and you know you can search by player name using the search function? It's not as perfect as isolating post, but it's better than nothing.

Top Bottom