• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bar MAFIA |OT| There's Gonna Be Shots

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, are you claiming neutral or town? Just confirming.

Timeaisis

I am an X-shot Jack of All Trades. Dusk Soldier is clear (or Godfather, but more likely clear). I'm not saying what my other abilities are, although I can only use cop once and I think my other abilities would be best used later.

Not much else to add, carry on as you were.

Is it like you can use each ability once or you can choose whichever one you want to use but you can use all of them a total of X times?

Kay.

So I am the Mysterious Patron of Kingsley's bar. As I said, flavor has me sitting in the corner, with whiskey and a cigar. But what I didn't get to explain is that there's a part about me receiving directions via another covert operative through an earpiece. He knows me but I don't know him.

During the night phase, I am given a task. There are multiple ways to complete said task; I was given a handful of available actions to take and can be used at my choosing. Depending on what I decide to do will yield different results, maybe success, maybe failure, whatever. Maybe death, too. I'm not sure if this is RNG or pre-planned out depending on the scenario.

I'm not going to disclose what actions are available to me right now, but I will say that the mission last night was successful. I snooped in on a conversation after planting a bug in the bathroom between what I presume to be scummates (it's never explicitly said). one of them mentions additional surveillance which suggests to me a watcher type role.

That's all I've got, sorry for the late reply. Stopped to get food.

Interesting. Do you have a separate win condition? I know you said you were town aligned, but just curious. Do you get anything from successfully completing a task? I mean you must get something. And do you have to go on a task each night?

Is it like you can use each ability once or you can choose whichever one you want to use but you can use all of them a total of X times?

Interesting. Do you have a separate win condition? I know you said you were town aligned, but just curious. Do you get anything from successfully completing a task? I mean you must get something. And do you have to go on a task each night?

My win condition is the same as all the others; when all threats to town are eliminated. If I successfully complete a task, I get information. Such as possible roles in the game, for example. It feels like an ongoing investigation as the game progresses, and I have a feeling that the tasks are centered along a "high risk, high reward" strategy.

I am assuming I do it each night; it was never specified. I also do not know how the missions are handed out, but I suppose my handler would know. Whoever he is.

SalvaPot

Hmm, I have a problem with WAMD claim.

When you mean high-risk high-reward, what exactly do you mean?

Is there a risk you can be caught or that your position be revealed to scum?

Hmm, I have a problem with WAMD claim.

When you mean high-risk high-reward, what exactly do you mean?

Is there a risk you can be caught or that your position be revealed to scum?

There's no confirmation of it; it's all a gut feeling at this point. But with the variety of actions that are available to me based on the scenarios that I am given, it seems that if I choose to do something particularly risky, and it succeeds, then I will gain a ton of useful intel. The reverse is true. If I fail, I could be night killed by my own "carelessness". But that's just an assumption I have; those scenarios have not happened so I don't know for sure.

At this point my position is already revealed to scum, which is shitty, but it was unavoidable if I was to be any use to town whatsoever.

SalvaPot

There's no confirmation of it; it's all a gut feeling at this point. But with the variety of actions that are available to me based on the scenarios that I am given, it seems that if I choose to do something particularly risky, and it succeeds, then I will gain a ton of useful intel. The reverse is true. If I fail, I could be night killed by my own "carelessness". But that's just an assumption I have; those scenarios have not happened so I don't know for sure.

At this point my position is already revealed to scum, which is shitty, but it was unavoidable if I was to be any use to town whatsoever.

Hmm, you do realize what the problem is with your claim, right?

nin1000

Banned
Well at least we have 2 confirmed towns at this point of the game.
Crab and dusk soldier ( with the possibility of him being the gf)

WAMD claim is 'interesting' to say the least. Will ask questions in my following posts.

Well at least we have 2 confirmed towns at this point of the game.
Crab and dusk soldier ( with the possibility of him being the gf)

WAMD claim is 'interesting' to say the least. Will ask questions in my following posts.

That's assuming that Crab is telling the truth, right? Or did I miss/forget something else that confirmed him?

Not sure what to make of WAMD claim, with the actual role name only coming on the second day. Could be a case of claiming a role to evade lynching on day 1, then scum coming up with the flavour text ready for day 2. Just seems odd not to lead with the role name, or maybe that's just me?

nin1000

Banned
Not sure what to make of WAMD claim, with the actual role name only coming on the second day. Could be a case of claiming a role to evade lynching on day 1, then scum coming up with the flavour text ready for day 2. Just seems odd not to lead with the role name, or maybe that's just me?

That's me aswell

nin1000

Banned
That's assuming that Crab is telling the truth, right? Or did I miss/forget something else that confirmed him?

I mean he used a highlight command. If he was lying he would have gotten mod killed for that. So I assume his command is legit and he is telling the truth.

I mean he used a highlight command. If he was lying he would have gotten mod killed for that. So I assume his command is legit and he is telling the truth.

I don't doubt that the highlight command is legit, but the claim that he is town and that his command told him that Dusk Soldier is town is based on his word only, right?

nin1000

Banned
Well whaddya know, we got a real birthday girl in the bar on our opening night! Climb up on this here bar and get on your knees for your free shot of Fireball! Oh that was far too natural a motion for you, I think we alllll know why you are here tonight! Happy Birthday!

If we believe crab that this means dusk is town. Then yes. It is only his word atm.
But I am inclined to believe him for now.

Crab, can you clarify what the above means and how you know that he is town? What would the message say if he turned out mafia/neutral?

nin1000

Banned
Kay.

So I am the Mysterious Patron of Kingsley's bar. As I said, flavor has me sitting in the corner, with whiskey and a cigar. But what I didn't get to explain is that there's a part about me receiving directions via another covert operative through an earpiece. He knows me but I don't know him.

During the night phase, I am given a task. There are multiple ways to complete said task; I was given a handful of available actions to take and can be used at my choosing. Depending on what I decide to do will yield different results, maybe success, maybe failure, whatever. Maybe death, too. I'm not sure if this is RNG or pre-planned out depending on the scenario.

I'm not going to disclose what actions are available to me right now, but I will say that the mission last night was successful. I snooped in on a conversation after planting a bug in the bathroom between what I presume to be scummates (it's never explicitly said). one of them mentions additional surveillance which suggests to me a watcher type role.

That's all I've got, sorry for the late reply. Stopped to get food.

Can you please go into detail what was said in the bathroom?
I don't know If I believe your claim atm since being a 'spy' is something pretty easy to claim. Claim spy while being mafia, hint some info that mafia surely won't have an issue with revealing. Please elaborate a bit more in order to convince us.

@everyone else wake up please.

nin1000

Banned
Also, all of kingkitty's posts and who he suspected

On the one hand I would agree to look back into KK's post (I dill do that in the coming hours aswell) on the other hand i would be careful since even if he had a powerful role and could jail someone, he had no info whatsoever in D1. He was clueless as we were. Just want to point that out. Again I am not against looking back into his posts but we should consider that he had no real info based on his role. Just something I wanted to point out.

nin1000

Banned
I finally have some time before work starts and then there is no one around to talk to :(.
I hope i at least brought up some points that can push the discussion foe the following hours.

Ourobolus

Banned
also if there is scum on the AB lynch train
my guess is batsnacks and/or kyanrute
most of the people voting there know it would be pretty suspicious as scum to vote late on that train

Catvoca

Banned
Hey guys, good to be back for day 2. With regards to Dragonz role claim I'm really not sure what to think. Both Toma and Nin have brought up good points, and for me the role is just a little, I don't know, vague? It seems like it would be easy for someone to lie about, especially with us only getting the info on it now. I'm really not sure though, it's a tough thing to read.

Hmm, you do realize what the problem is with your claim, right?

Also pretty interested in what Salva meant here. Risk-reward does seem like a strange thing for a town role to contain IMO.

I'm working on a bigger post collecting people's thoughts on Dusk seeing as he is most likely Town. I'll post it a little later.

nin1000

Banned
also if there is scum on the AB lynch train
my guess is batsnacks and/or kyanrute
most of the people voting there know it would be pretty suspicious as scum to vote late on that train

So you think that the probability is higher that scum would hide in the later votes than they would in the early votes? Interesting idea. Will check that out in a bit.

Ourobolus

Banned
So you think that the probability is higher that scum would hide in the later votes than they would in the early votes? Interesting idea. Will check that out in a bit.
i think that based on who voted for him, the people in that list would try to get in earlier rather than later

Kyanrute

Exo, what can you tell us about yourself? Share what you feel is shareable.

dragonz, I'll try to put the way I think your role works into a list of sorts so if you could correct me if there are any errors, it would be fancy indeed.

1. There are two connected roles: you and some other. The other knows you but you do not know them. You are town aligned. Do you know the alignment of your handler?
2. During the night, you get a task. From whom does the task come from, from the handler? Do you have to do the task or can you refuse?
3. You have a multiple actions which you can use to do the task. Do you know or have any idea what the actions do?
4. The whole bugging a bathroom scum meeting thing, was this in response to you sending a command?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Each ability once. Crazy 8 is an accurate description.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If we believe crab that this means dusk is town. Then yes. It is only his word atm.
But I am inclined to believe him for now.

Crab, can you clarify what the above means and how you know that he is town? What would the message say if he turned out mafia/neutral?

If he had been scum, Kingsley would have berated him and told him to get off the damn bar. Town's message is being given the birthday shot, which he was.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
sherlock-holmes-jeremy-brett-and-david-burke.jpg

This is us now, Dusk Soldier. I want your opinions in everyone, stat, but particularly on WAMD.

nin1000

Banned
i think that based on who voted for him, the people in that list would try to get in earlier rather than later

Oh wait, i totally got you wrong then, you are implying that scum would have started ( or at least tried to hop on early) the AB Lynch train in the first place ? Makes a lot more sense in my crazy head.

Catvoca

Banned
Before this day gets too far underway. I just want to say that when I post you guys need to
just LISTEN & BELIEVE.
I know what I'm talking about, I'm not just fluff posting.
exhibit A
­
exhibit B:

That second post is kind of funny in hindsight. On second thought though, you are right, I checked your earlier posts and yeah, it seems like you've been making sense most of the game and I just didn't see it. Well, I think you're town now, even before Crab’s post I was starting to lean town after rereading your posts and Crab confirms it in my eyes. Now I'm going to try and listen to your posts a little better from here on out I guess.

So, with Dusk looking town, I thought I’d go back and see what other people have said about him before in the game. I don’t think this is going to be super helpful right now, but in the future when more information is available I think it will be interesting to see what different peoples thoughts on him were. He is one of the more talked about players in the game, and during the last few hours of the first day phase was someone brought up as a lynch candidate. Because of this I think it could be interesting to see who said what about him. I've tried to collect most of the posts referring to Dusk, particularly from the pages surrounding the votes. I've included links to some of the posts I'm referencing too.

Kingkitty – Voted for dusk and was suspicious of him.

Splinter - Thought Dusk was town, but still was ok for voting for him

Barrylocke - Questioned why Dusk was a contender for voting on the last day

Hyperactivity - Says that Dusk, him, or Dragonz are the best lynch candidates here.

WhereAreMahDragonz – Dusk was one of her top scum, along with hyper and ttk.. Suggested Dusk as a lynch candidate on the last day here.

StackpoleH (Zeemumu now)- Voted for Dusk early on based on Dusk's first posts, after changing her mind about a no lynch. Changes vote later

Crab - Was suspicious of Dusk, voted for him but changed it later.

Batsnacks - Votes for dusk and sort of tries to get a bandwagon going "to see what happens" (i.e put pressure on him) after seeing a few others say they would vote Dusk. This was during the second real-life day of playing. He later changes his vote and doesn't put him down as a lynch candidate on his final day list.

Catvoca - Including myself because I was suspicious of Dusk earlier based on his first post and lack of activity afterwards. I later called him out for low-activity. Later I put on a prod vote on AbsoluteBro sort of based on looking at AB's posts after Dusk pointed out how under the radar he was.

Ourobolus - thought Dusk was scum, at least early on.

Timeaisis - Votes Dusk, presumably because of the reasons posted here. Leaves vote there for end of day.

So that's everything I found, I might have missed some stuff but I think I got the important bits. Again, I'm not sure this is necessarily that helpful right now, but I do think that in the future when we're trying to figure out who's scum or not this might end up being useful.

nin1000

Banned
If he had been scum, Kingsley would have berated him and told him to get off the damn bar. Town's message is being given the birthday shot, which he was.
RG0BS1U.gif

Crab aswell as Dusk Confirmed.

Electiion all over again

Cabot respond to me pelase since you are ma TRUE HERO ( only he gets that ast part

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a message for neutrals too?

Neutrals get the same message as non-mafia; strictly speaking my role says I get a town text or a non-town text. Irrelevant now anyway as Dusk was neither and I've used my cop-shot.

nin1000

Banned
Kingkitty – Voted for dusk and was suspicious of him.

Splinter - Thought Dusk was town, but still was ok for voting for him
Both dead now. LOL at them LOL.
3884774963_08506943b6_z.jpg

but for real now, my condolences

WhereAreMahDragonz – Dusk was one of her top scum, along with hyper and ttk.. Suggested Dusk as a lynch candidate on the last day here.
Hmmmmmm...HmmmHmmmm

StackpoleH (Zeemumu now)- Voted for Dusk early on based on Dusk's first posts, after changing her mind about a no lynch. Changes vote later

hmmmmmHmmmmm

Crab - Was suspicious of Dusk, voted for him but changed it later.
Well since he pretty much checked him today. That Chapter is closed

Batsnacks - Votes for dusk and sort of tries to get a bandwagon going "to see what happens" (i.e put pressure on him) after seeing a few others say they would vote Dusk. This was during the second real-life day of playing. He later changes his vote and doesn't put him down as a lynch candidate on his final day list.

Yep, i want to dig on that aswell

Catvoca - Including myself because I was suspicious of Dusk earlier based on his first post and lack of activity afterwards. I later called him out for low-activity. Later I put on a prod vote on AbsoluteBro sort of based on looking at AB's posts after Dusk pointed out how under the radar he was.

glad that you are putting youself in the spotlight. +1

Ourobolus - thought Dusk was scum, at least early on.
Well this one is interesting and something we still should consider at a later date

Timeaisis - Votes Dusk, presumably because of the reasons posted here. Leaves vote there for end of day.

Yeah, not liking that either mate :(

Thanks again for that compilation Catvoca. For that i shall drink a bottle of wine.
kid.jpeg

Can you please go into detail what was said in the bathroom?
I don't know If I believe your claim atm since being a 'spy' is something pretty easy to claim. Claim spy while being mafia, hint some info that mafia surely won't have an issue with revealing. Please elaborate a bit more in order to convince us.

@everyone else wake up please.

The bathroom scene is mostly all flavor; it's never said how many people are talking, just that they're trying to bring down the bar. They're talking about possible targets, like who could be a threat or something, and there's a bit about one of them keeping watch on people, like I said earlier. Surveillance and all that. It's mentioned that one of them has a really deep, gravely voice, and another says "bruh" a lot, but I don't know if this is just flavor or something else. It's never specified.

There's a part about them wanting to bring down the bar because they're in cahoots with Kingsley's competitor. I had placed the bug under the sink, in case you wanted to know for some reason.

Top Bottom