• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

Dr. Worm

Banned
VOTE: Palmer_v1

I want Palmer's blood!

I cite pineapple intolerance as justification.

Yes, finally someone bleeds!

This is an eagerness for death that is usually considered overboard even by GAFia standards - and Palmer_v1's, specifically.

Hmm.

I see someone saving their scumbuddy on the last possible moment, so I vote.

VOTE: Swamped

Also, two birds in one stone and all that. If Swamped is scum, good chance that Palmer is too.

[...]

But then bandwagons to Swamped, expecting to implicate Palmer_v1. Ignoring that this could easily implicate BlackBuzzard as well - one of many topics never broached by isaacnukem.

Or confirm that im town like i have been saying for the past few pages.

Sure, yeah, whatever.

Yeah, Isaac has been real strange. We keep talking here and there about what a scum team wouldn't do or would reign in but what if we got a slate of wild cards?

I don't know. This has been weird. I am hesitant to take anything for granted.

I will say I'm making pizza tonight with cabbage. Top that, GAFia.

SkyOdin

I am inclined to trust Natiko's claim. I know that I was listing Natiko as part of my suspected scum team, but Natiko was my weakest scum read of the bunch. He had some suspicious interactions near the start of Day 1, but on the other hand, his reads have been on point. He correctly surmised that I was intentionally coasting through Day 1, for example.

On the other hand, I find palmer's behavior to be erratic and suspicious. For someone so full of self-importance, his scum-hunting has been limited to defensive moves aimed at people who are suspicious of him. He practically dropped out of the game after his role-claim on day 1, but he then turns around to criticize everyone's level of activity on day 2. Getting people riled up doesn't help us keep clear heads, either. Anger just leads to tunnel vision.

SkyOdin

For the record, I highly doubt that all three of the claimed vanilla are actually vanilla. This is a role madness game, and one that is slightly bastard at that. We probably only have a handful of vanilla players at most. So I highly doubt that most of our vanilla players just happened to be on the top of the vote lists on day 1.

I'll never get it. IRL mafia is non-stop name calling in my experience. If I actually took those games personally, I'd be a wreck. We're way too carebear for my taste.

oh yes Palmer_v1, bite me into the gritty underside where the oven meets fucking pain (that's French for bread)

F U C K

Now we're uncensored

Now we're unleashed

Burbeting

Banned
Hey, sorry for my inactivity, not going to make any excuses for it. For my first post of D2, I’ll try to look into palmer vs Dragonz votes yesterday. I mostly town read Palmer, so I was interested in seeing people vote on him. For this first post for today, I’m looking at the votes done by people to Dragonz and Palmer before even looking at any posts from D2, outside knowing that SexyFish was NK’d and Lifeline seems to have been confirmed town.

Most of the Dragonz votes were well articulated. Lifeline’s vote was fine, but I do have to disagree with the main focus of his vote, how Dragonz was apparently poking at possible bandwagons, and how it’s scummy. I agree scum do that, but I don’t think it happens during D1. Because on D1, every single action is looked at extreme scrutiny, yet the propability of scum being lynched is still fairly low, so scum can easily just coast through the first day (yeah, I wasn’t as active as I could have been in D1 myself).

Sawneeks and 30yearsofhurt votes are fine mostly for D1 votes, but I do think it’s interesting how they came at the last 5 minutes to the day phase, same with swamped’s vote, obviously. So it’s possible that there is some scum there trying to push for a townie dragonz lynch at the last second, in case a scum was going to be lynched today. But it could easily be town v town vote.

What bothers me little more are the Palmer votes, though. There is the vote done by Natiko at the last minute of the day phase, but the other three were very safe and lazy votes. Blarg’s vote never got really explained during D1 (there might be something on D2, need to start reading it), but these two?

VOTE: Palmer_v1

I cite pineapple intolerance as justification.

vote: Palmer_v1

thats for leaving me to do all the homework by myself!

also i think you might be scum or whatever.

Just lazy lazy votes. But what’s interesting is that they did push Palmer to be the vote leader at the end of the day, so if he was a scum, could another scum have tried to push for another lynch? On D1 that would be bold and very visible scum tactic.

Also, Dragonz claiming ordinary means that there is now 2 ordinary claims in this apparent role madness.

I'll start catching up to D2 now.

Palmer_v1

I am inclined to trust Natiko's claim. I know that I was listing Natiko as part of my suspected scum team, but Natiko was my weakest scum read of the bunch. He had some suspicious interactions near the start of Day 1, but on the other hand, his reads have been on point. He correctly surmised that I was intentionally coasting through Day 1, for example.

On the other hand, I find palmer's behavior to be erratic and suspicious. For someone so full of self-importance, his scum-hunting has been limited to defensive moves aimed at people who are suspicious of him. He practically dropped out of the game after his role-claim on day 1, but he then turns around to criticize everyone's level of activity on day 2. Getting people riled up doesn't help us keep clear heads, either. Anger just leads to tunnel vision.

Did you seriously fucking miss my entire post about BB? Someone who has not had any direct interest in lynching me. How about when I went through all of the day end voting in detail to look at multiple people's motivations at day end, but Swamped in particular, who has specifically said that she DID NOT want to lynch me? Are you blind, obtuse, scum, or some combination of the 3? I have contributed far more than most, and definitely more than you.

Throw SkyOdin into my list. Another person looking for a chance to bandwagon later on with some bullshit illogical excuse thrown out.

Speaking of voting, I'm not taking blarg off my list, but he has started to actually contribute so I'm moving him down in priority. I have to decide who is least useful now of my detractors.

Unvote

Lifeline

But I'm town

Yeah, and i'm the pope.

fv9ROSl.png

Palmer_v1

Hey, sorry for my inactivity, not going to make any excuses for it. For my first post of D2, I’ll try to look into palmer vs Dragonz votes yesterday. I mostly town read Palmer, so I was interested in seeing people vote on him. For this first post for today, I’m looking at the votes done by people to Dragonz and Palmer before even looking at any posts from D2, outside knowing that SexyFish was NK’d and Lifeline seems to have been confirmed town.

Most of the Dragonz votes were well articulated. Lifeline’s vote was fine, but I do have to disagree with the main focus of his vote, how Dragonz was apparently poking at possible bandwagons, and how it’s scummy. I agree scum do that, but I don’t think it happens during D1. Because on D1, every single action is looked at extreme scrutiny, yet the propability of scum being lynched is still fairly low, so scum can easily just coast through the first day (yeah, I wasn’t as active as I could have been in D1 myself).

Sawneeks and 30yearsofhurt votes are fine mostly for D1 votes, but I do think it’s interesting how they came at the last 5 minutes to the day phase, same with swamped’s vote, obviously. So it’s possible that there is some scum there trying to push for a townie dragonz lynch at the last second, in case a scum was going to be lynched today. But it could easily be town v town vote.

What bothers me little more are the Palmer votes, though. There is the vote done by Natiko at the last minute of the day phase, but the other three were very safe and lazy votes. Blarg’s vote never got really explained during D1 (there might be something on D2, need to start reading it), but these two?

Just lazy lazy votes. But what’s interesting is that they did push Palmer to be the vote leader at the end of the day, so if he was a scum, could another scum have tried to push for another lynch? On D1 that would be bold and very visible scum tactic.

Also, Dragonz claiming ordinary means that there is now 2 ordinary claims in this apparent role madness.

I'll start catching up to D2 now.

And Bear showed up, and is actually doing something as well, so I'm lowering him on my list, but not removing yet.

Now it's Isaac or stan. I don't know shit about isaac from previous games, but stan should definitely be playing better than he is.

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

oh yeah, you backed off once SkyOdin got on your case, didn't you, Palmer?

Can't Risk! having a real [Mafia] player rumble you for you

I see

Dr. Worm

Banned
Double-checked, and yep, Oreo has been posting nothing but fluff. His only posts resembling substance are the one where he thanked Blarg for pointing out the timing of my vote being close to monkeys, and a post where he admits he doesn't have any leads or reads. I would feel no regret lynching him right now.

Yeah, it was a pressure vote. But a pressure vote is meaningless without actual pressure, so I am perfectly happy leaving a pressure vote on until the end of the day phase. Oreo hasn't exactly posted something to give me a strong town read on him yet.

Here's another case of voting off-wagon that can help avoid accountability.

Right, Blarg wanted my detailed read of Sawneeks too.

You know what, there is no way that I will consider somethat verbose, who presses other players to that extent, scum for any reason other than rampant paranoia. That read might change over time, but I can't see myself voting for Sawneeks right now.

By far the strongest read put out by SkyOdin, and the only townread he seems to have stuck to at that, but with still a smidgen of leeway to vote against her later if the need should arise.

Bloodlust is comedy on the battlefield

It's funny until a townie gets lynched.

...Then it's hilarious!

SkyOdin

Did you seriously fucking miss my entire post about BB? Someone who has not had any direct interest in lynching me. How about when I went through all of the day end voting in detail to look at multiple people's motivations at day end, but Swamped in particular, who has specifically said that she DID NOT want to lynch me? Are you blind, obtuse, scum, or some combination of the 3? I have contributed far more than most, and definitely more than you.

Throw SkyOdin into my list. Another person looking for a chance to bandwagon later on with some bullshit illogical excuse thrown out.

Speaking of voting, I'm not taking blarg off my list, but he has started to actually contribute so I'm moving him down in priority. I have to decide who is least useful now of my detractors.

Unvote
This is what gets you to begin to scum read me?

Not the fact that I intentionally and obviously coasted through Day 1? Which I admitted to doing a few posts ago?

Not the fact that I have repeatedly promised to give my reasoning for scum reads at a later date, but have so far failed to deliver?

Natiko, hey_monkey, and I believe Swamped and or Sawneeks caught on to the odd change in my behavior during the last day phase, but I swear that I have been invisible to you.

How am I supposed to trust you amazing scum reading prowess when I can get away with that sort of nonsense without a comment from you?

Palmer_v1

This is what gets you to begin to scum read me?

Not the fact that I intentionally and obviously coasted through Day 1? Which I admitted to doing a few posts ago?

Not the fact that I have repeatedly promised to give my reasoning for scum reads at a later date, but have so far failed to deliver?

Natiko, hey_monkey, and I believe Swamped and or Sawneeks caught on to the odd change in my behavior during the last day phase, but I swear that I have been invisible to you.

How am I supposed to trust you amazing scum reading prowess when I can get away with that sort of nonsense without a comment from you?

Because now that you're after me despite all logic, I would end up going back to all of your old posts to check on everything you mentioned. I can't fucking babysit every shitty townie at once.

Are you actually claiming scum now, or what?

So when did I vote against achors?
Why are you lying about me?

Also, to 30, you're right, I don't know why I thought you had voted where you didn't! My bad.

SkyOdin

No, I'm not scum, but I do take offense at beibg called " shitty town". I would prefer it if you tried to treat your fellow players with at leadt some respect.

SkyOdin

SkyOdin, do you have other townreads beyond Sawneeks?
hey_monkey, Natiko, Swamped, and Blarg I am willing to consider town for now. I slightly lean town on you, but I think I should read back a bit to double check. I would lean town on Darryl if he posted more, but his absence leaves me questions.

I have chosen to believe the red text that Lifeline is a confirmed townie, despite the fact that I think his reads are a little off.

I think Dragonz is the most town out of the three vanilla claiments.

I suspect that Palmer is some sort of neutral role.

Palmer_v1

No, I'm not scum, but I do take offense at beibg called " shitty town". I would prefer it if you tried to treat your fellow players with at leadt some respect.

BTW, do you plan to explain why you were deliberately sandbagging town at all, or are we just supposed to be okay with you playing scummy?

Are you planning to start being more helpful?

SkyOdin

I would appreciate it if people respected my time by playing this game.
And I have been playing it. I've been glued to my phone the entire game, and rereading the thread during night phases. I think I have a higher post count than you too, so I am not sure why you are addressing this to me.

I would lean town on Darryl if he posted more, but his absence leaves me questions.

I concur on Darryl. He comes in randomly, makes big splashes to stay on everyone's radar - look! he's scum hunting! so town! such help! - and then poofs again with a sort of vague "don't question me, it'll just distract." He's been moving steadily on my scum meter.

I'm on the struggle bus with Palmer. On the one hand, I most definitely empathize with the frustration. On the other hand, it's pretty over the top. On the third hand, I would think Palmer knows it is and knows what impact it'll have, but on the fourth hand, while he was abrasive in anime, I don't remember him this abrasive.

But as long as no one lets him dominate how people get read, I don't see it as a major issue at this time. We have space to figure Palmer out.

SkyOdin

BTW, do you plan to explain why you were deliberately sandbagging town at all, or are we just supposed to be okay with you playing scummy?

Are you planning to start being more helpful?
I have been trying to incorporate all of the advice I got in the season 8 spectator thread. I've been trying to branch out my playstyle, try to blend in more, and experiment with gambits. Despite that, I have been trying to be helpful and useful this entire game.

Now, do you think I am scum?

Yes or no?

iFgu5gs.gif

so, uh... who do you think's responsible

Who did you interact with the most during D1. Anything stand out to you, regarding yourself to others, then?

Is that so? Heard from where, pray tell?

YES, this. Thank you, Blarg (real thing I just said, look at that). Was that a joke remark, LL? Are you trying to breadcrumb? Because if you are gonna die, it's a little past breadcrumbing, no? I swear, Lifeline is the scummiest town.

Dr. Worm

Banned
hey_monkey, Natiko, Swamped, and Blarg I am willing to consider town for now. I slightly lean town on you, but I think I should read back a bit to double check. I would lean town on Darryl if he posted more, but his absence leaves me questions.

I have chosen to believe the red text that Lifeline is a confirmed townie, despite the fact that I think his reads are a little off.

I think Dragonz is the most town out of the three vanilla claiments.

Good to know. Thank you for answering.

I'm done for now.

Palmer_v1

And I have been playing it. I've been glued to my phone the entire game, and rereading the thread during night phases. I think I have a higher post count than you too, so I am not sure why you are addressing this to me.

You said to respect players, not just you. In general, this town is not deserving of much respect. You yourself just admitted a minute ago that you contributed nothing useful, so why should I respect you in particular right now? Not to mention that I do in fact have 29 more posts than you, despite having been gone for nearly 48 hours of game time. I guess I should just be greatful that you took you took the time to read the thread on your phone instead of contributing? That'll win us the game.

Lifeline

iFgu5gs.gif

so, uh... who do you think's responsible

Who did you interact with the most during D1. Anything stand out to you, regarding yourself to others, then?

Is that so? Heard from where, pray tell?

Well obviously I tried to get Dragonz lynched. So most likely (100% forecast) Dragonz decided to poison me.

Sawneeks

Banned
I would appreciate it if people respected my time by playing this game.

I'm catching up a bit before class start but like

Seriously Palmer, knock it off. We get it, aggressiveness is your shtick but do you really have to go and insult someone every 3 posts? It's insanely tiring and not constructive at all.

Palmer_v1

I have been trying to incorporate all of the advice I got in the season 8 spectator thread. I've been trying to branch out my playstyle, try to blend in more, and experiment with gambits. Despite that, I have been trying to be helpful and useful this entire game.

Yes or no?

I do if you think I am. =)

Palmer_v1

I'm catching up a bit before class start but like

Seriously Palmer, knock it off. We get it, aggressiveness is your shtick but do you really have to go and insult someone every 3 posts? It's insanely tiring and not constructive at all.

I don't have to, no. I've made my cases against people but it just gets ignored. I'm deep into IDGAF territory.

Yes or no?

My serious answer is that I think you're tired of getting Nightkilled early, so you're either a town or neutral PR skating to try and avoid scum attention. The problem is that now I can't really trust you because your track record in this game is bad right now.

SkyOdin

I don't have to, no. I've made my cases against people but it just gets ignored. I'm deep into IDGAF territory.

My serious answer is that I think you're tired of getting Nightkilled early, so you're either a town or neutral PR skating to try and avoid scum attention. The problem is that now I can't really trust you because your track record in this game is bad right now.
Who do you trust? Who does have a good track-record in this game? Who do you think is town?

Another thing that's crossed my mind. I haven't played with Palmer in awhile but if his play style is overly similar to the last game, he could be trying to stay consistent between games so you think that's just how he plays, while his role may be totally different. Was he town last time?

Okay, someone who knows Lifeline better than I do:

Is the avoidance of real stuff in favor of tunnel vision LYNCH LYNCH LYNCH standard operating procedure for him? Because it feels so purposeful and constructed and I don't trust it and it makes me question a lot of things about the game but if it's LL being LL then it's a distraction and I can push it to the side until or unless it becomes an issue.

SkyOdin

Another thing that's crossed my mind. I haven't played with Palmer in awhile but if his play style is overly similar to the last game, he could be trying to stay consistent between games so you think that's just how he plays, while his role may be totally different. Was he town last time?
Palmer was town last game, but I don't recall him being this stand-offish. I know he was frustrated at town play after Anime Mafia, but this feels over-the-top enough to be forced.

Nah, it's Dragonz bro. People jumping through all sorts of hoops to defend Dragonz.

There is an extreme difference between defending someone and not buying your 'NO BUT REALLY SHE IS I SWEAR.' The latter is just not simply believing something 100% as you do for reasons.

Has Dragonz made some suspicious moves? Yep. Welcome to everyone in this weird and inconsistent game.

Top Bottom