• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Mafia |OT| Sometimes You Don't Need A Reason to Lynch Your Friends

Fat4all

Banned
I will not entertain the notion of a 'No Lynch' unless under very specific conditions or situations. I do not want day two to be dominated by debate about 'No Lynch'.

This will be my only word on the matter going forward.

- from the desk of Fat4all, Esq.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Chalk one up to pure luckSKILL.

well, if we consider that the last few votes on Cewyn were intended to bus, and we've already removed nin from that consideration, I think Zubz may be a good candidate for today.

I do think that Zubz needs to give a little more on that nebulous "something" he promised.

As I'm sure you understand, it's still a good idea to keep a critical eye on you. Can't let all that pressure bleed off.

Maybe one good turn deserves another

I wanted to pull a Vader quote about "your votes being weak, old man" but I'm afraid someone is going to fall down the WILD SPECULATION HOLE. So I'll just say that I do not agree with this line of thought right now. It would take something pretty weird to change that today.

in a

sex way?
It's supposed to be hot and I'll scream but not in a sexy fun time way. In a fiery inferno way. There's a fire sale according to Tobias way, won't somebody think of the children.

Also, congrats town on nabbing Cewyn. I stopped reading on the page before the last because I fell asleep and as I was reading it when I woke up I got increasingly miffed that a no lynch was becoming a reality, but some of you really pulled through by the end.

Kalor

I couldn't be around for the day end but that cewyn vote was weird when I was looking over it. It just felt very low energy, at least for a scum lynch. I would be inclined to agree that scum probably bussed towards the end when it became clear that cewyn was going to be lynched. At least one person was in that batch.

Karkador

Banned
Why on earth would we no lynch today?

Launch: could be but the Cewyn vote was kinda low energy and didn't feel very bussy.

Zubz does have some reporting to do, though.

cewyn (7)
zubz 441 (591)
necktochicken 592
fat4all 644
franconp 653
hey_monkey 719
acohrs 721
nin1000 726
zubz 730

7 votes on a day when people were threatening to tie at 2 or 3 votes....."low energy"

Four of those 7 votes happened from post #719 to #730...."didn't feel very bussy"

That's a bus

franconp

Vote: Zubz

That out of the way I think we should look closer at two players:

-Wee: If Zubz is scum (and I'm sure he is now) I'm 85% sure Wee is scum too. Wee moved her vote from Zubz when he was getting some heat and put it to Acohrs where she left it until the end of the day. Leaving a vote on someone who doesn't have any chance of getting lynched is a good way for scum to hide.

Also this post:

You have been talking about this for awhile. And Wee. Then Wee used it to kick sand around everywhere. That was absolutely just a mistake; I'll even concede my gambit was "fucked up" in a way. But it's still ongoing, and will explained if I live through the night.

I can see why Zubz can be mad at me, but Wee. Wee just talked about general mafia rules. To me it reads as Zubz trying to create a distance from Wee so he can't be linked (which I did previously).

- Melon: This vote is really weird:

I don't see many vocal for LP atm. And no lunch, Fran and Zubz aren't great options.

Vote: LaunchpadMcQ

I had Melon in my townie group but this vote says scum with flashing letters. She did her vote when No Lynch was at top with 4 and Cewyn and Zubz where with 3. I and Launch had 2 votes. She is agains No lynch, Zubz or I getting lynched but never adress Cewyn. She instead votes Launch who wasn't really close. This vote puts at Launch with 3 giving the people who where against No Lynch a new possible target to vote. Also she stayed in that vote at the end of the day.

Besides that, Neck: either you are a scum mastermind or you are a townie. I'm going to take a chance and put you at the top of my town list (which isn't very big so don't get comfortable).

I couldn't be around for the day end but that cewyn vote was weird when I was looking over it. It just felt very low energy, at least for a scum lynch. I would be inclined to agree that scum probably bussed towards the end when it became clear that cewyn was going to be lynched. At least one person was in that batch.

cewyn (7)
zubz 441 (591)
necktochicken 592
fat4all 644
franconp 653
hey_monkey 719
acohrs 721
nin1000 726
zubz 730

7 votes on a day when people were threatening to tie at 2 or 3 votes....."low energy"

Four of those 7 votes happened from post #719 to #730...."didn't feel very bussy"

That's a bus

Literally the ONLY energy came from wanting to avoid something that would result in no lynch. It could well be there's scum in there - it's 7 people out of 20, so odds are that yeah, there's a scum in there. But I'd expect scum could have hopped on at any point after it got discussed as the winning alternative to no lynch, not just at the end. But yeah, I guess if four happened that quickly, maybe in that four.

All the people on the Cewyn vote had someone point a finger of suspicion at them at some point during the day phase, with Zubz being of course the most suspicious (unless you were someone on the fran train). Kark, I think you were the only one saying I was mafia, though obviously not enough to pull you off No Lynch, possibly for the second day in a row. There was some talk of acohrs, a little rumble about necktochicken, but probably the least suspicious of the lot. Fat4all it depends on how you felt about his flavor posts.

Of this group, I'd say Zubz is most suspicious since he's also got a lot of other weird shit happening. I don't personally get a heavy scum vibe from anyone on the vote, but the day is fresh.

Most suspicious activity from d1 outside of Zubz for me remains LP, Launch's weird shit at day end, which I guess he explained, sorta, Dusk trying to mount up against fran, disappearing and then returning with nothing, and then kitsunelaine's general behavior. But none of them were on the Cewyn vote.

I'm doused. So we have an arsonist playing.

oh shit. We just got all kinds of crazy stuff happening, huh? Switcher, sleepwalker, arsonist. I wonder if that's Zubz. I've never played with one - can we save isaac?

Vote: Zubz

That out of the way I think we should look closer at two players:

-Wee: If Zubz is scum (and I'm sure he is now) I'm 85% sure Wee is scum too. Wee moved her vote from Zubz when he was getting some heat and put it to Acohrs where she left it until the end of the day. Leaving a vote on someone who doesn't have any chance of getting lynched is a good way for scum to hide.

Also this post:

I can see why Zubz can be mad at me, but Wee. Wee just talked about general mafia rules. To me it reads as Zubz trying to create a distance from Wee so he can't be linked (which I did previously).

- Melon: This vote is really weird:

I had Melon in my townie group but this vote says scum with flashing letters. She did her vote when No Lynch was at top with 4 and Cewyn and Zubz where with 3. I and Launch had 2 votes. She is agains No lynch, Zubz or I getting lynched but never adress Cewyn. She instead votes Launch who wasn't really close. This vote puts at Launch with 3 giving the people who where against No Lynch a new possible target to vote. Also she stayed in that vote at the end of the day.

Besides that, Neck: either you are a scum mastermind or you are a townie. I'm going to take a chance and put you at the top of my town list (which isn't very big so don't get comfortable).

fwiw, I have both melon and wee in my list of possibles, though melon higher. A lot of stirring without actually pushing anything forward - another good way to hide.

Sounds like a good N1 target.

I was afraid I'd die n1 and am thrilled I did not. I wondered too about fran but figured there was enough suspicion on him that if he's town, scum would leave him be to foster it. I also thought Zubz might get hit.

I would probably make terrible scum.

LP, why didn't you move your vote from CB all game, and why didn't you speak up when I tried to push that lynch over Cewyn? In hindsight, I'm glad we hit Cewyn but it felt very like we just got lucky.

I think there's a good chance the arsonist is among the no lynchers. Their role might be something like they can't start the fire until they run out of gasoline. Or they just want to round up as much people to douse. Sick.

Karkador

Banned
Alright, fine

To be honest, I was pretty certain I'd be the target of conversation after that lol-worthy D1 finish of mine:

Theres been literally no reason to vote Cewyn. This is coasting and it's lazy. I'm disappointed.

<Cewyn flips scum immediately after>

Cewyn didn't have many posts. I'm gonna collect them here for simplicity's sake (posts 1-3 were pre-game nothings):

Hi all!

Sorry I was busy yesterday and this week gonna be somewhat busy but... Interesting to have no lunch at the top, even though it's just Karkador and Blargonaut. Very interesting...

I'm really liking Kark and his reasoning for breaking down a list of scummy players. I honestly think he's a strong townie trying to start something, but his no lunch vote today seems unnecessary. We definitely have to lunch someone today.

This is very true. But at the same time, not lynching anyone on any day doesn't help town, at least not according to probability? Just like cornbro had explained earlier in a previous post.

Uh hmmm.

A great start of the day dare I say. I don't think I have much to speculate about today. But I am happy there are no crazy claims yet that harm town more than help.

I do think Kark is a strong town this game. His posts are interesting but I am conflicted about the no Lynch. Maybe it's just a prod.

This + the people voting for me then joining me on No Lynch....Mafia must really be trying to prop this Karkador guy up

I knew you were scum. Karkador. Let's get that Karkador guy.

Let me read again first how people connected Zubz with Cewyn. Pretty sure someone said Zubz is scum of Cewyn is.

This + the people voting for me then joining me on No Lynch....Mafia must really be trying to prop this Karkador guy up

My last for a bit - I gotta do some stuff - but I have learned in my short history to be wary of that "strong town" thing in d1/d2 for that reason - feels like a way of putting a target on backs. (not that I haven't been guilty of it myself, saying someone felt town early, but you're never suspicious of yourself).

Having that be your last before the flip is a little bit of egg on your face, Kark, but I didn't feel like it was the weirdest thing that happened all day. You sure do seem to want to talk about it, though.

And about the arsonist.

Except you're not really talking about either.

Well RIP nin wow. So both town and scum were given anti-tracking abilities?

Does that mean we're going to be seeing dueling trackers or something? I never seen that.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Just a gut feel. Also, the way she plays kinda feels similar to the other game she was town in. Then again it's just my second game.

I wager that gut feel partially comes from her placing the 4th vote on Cewyn in a scenario where she could have pushed no lynch, Zubz, or even tried to amp franconp's or launchpad's vote totals. If she knew that Cewyn was scum that's a very bold move to make against a teammate on the brink.

Given, it could be a plan to sacrifice Cewyn by securing hey_monkey as a valuable town member... but it requires someone to follow the above line of thought, not see her as a bus, and knowingly give up your switcher. It's possible, but I don't think it's likely.

Another longshot is that there were multiple scum amongst the accused for day one and she felt pressured to save one at the cost of another... but that feels like even worse odds than the above circumstances!

Neck must be pretty embarrassed right now if he's scum. Throwaway bus vote early on ends in his teammate's death.

I'm a scum mastermind, a scum embarrassment, or a lucky town!

Wait I don't like those odds

RIP nin

As I said I would have preferred LP up for lynch but there wasn't a lot of traction for such a vote. So I tabled that for D2. I also was at work and activity picked up end of day, so I wasn't there to move it. I'm not sure what being the 8th person on that dog pile proves though. Nin started a Launch vote and to me at the time the was better that the other candidates as his sudden vote made little sense, though I guess he clarified today.

I had little opinion on Cewyn at the time, he was hardly here. I'm not big on lynching inactives D1 especially when No Lynch was a legit contender for day's end.

Is your issue that I voted for Launch at all or that I didn't move it?

Anyhow, would like to hear more from Zubz and LP.

Karkador

Banned
There's little else to say about the arsonist other than they may make a plea to say "I will help you catch mafia by dousing mafia players".

I'm not gonna claim arsonist - I'm not one.

However, I'm not gonna openly speculate on who it might be, either, because while I generally NEVER trust neutral roles to work in Town's favor, I'm curious to see how this one pans out.

franconp

RIP nin

As I said I would have preferred LP up for lynch but there wasn't a lot of traction for such a vote. So I tabled that for D2. I also was at work and activity picked up end of day, so I wasn't there to move it. I'm not sure what being the 8th person on that dog pile proves though. Nin started a Launch vote and to me at the time the was better that the other candidates as his sudden vote made little sense, though I guess he clarified today.

I had little opinion on Cewyn at the time, he was hardly here. I'm not big on lynching inactives D1 especially when No Lynch was a legit contender for day's end.

Is your issue that I voted for Launch at all or that I didn't move it?

Anyhow, would like to hear more from Zubz and LP.

My issue is that you didn't added Cewyn as a valid option.

At that time the options were either Cewyn, Zubz or No Lynch. If Zubz is scum that means that there were 2 scums at the top 3. Voting Launch and making him an option for the people who were against the No Lynch could be a really good move for scum.

I will have a better read when Zubz flip.

Want to look over the Cewyn votes. I think Cewyn was likely bussed.

Zubz- Zubz was in danger of being lynched so it's not surprising he jumped on the Cewyn train. Hard to read much into that.

nin1000 well he was town, and since it was D1 he wouldn't have known anything incrimininating anyway.

acohrs- Didn't give much of a reason other than not wanting there to be a tie. Bandwagonny for sure.

hey_monkey- going to have to follow up in a different post, but her play D1 was very off.

franconp- while the reasoning was a bit out there. I mean I guess he was right afterall. Cewyn had little to no pressure on him when fran went all in, and I feel there's no way scum would do that to their own teammate. I was pretty suspicious of fran D1 but I can't really see scum doing what he did late D1 so I guess I'm going to have to drop my suspicions there. for now anyway.

fat4all- doesn't feel like he needs to needs to explain himself apparently.

necktochicken- pretty much spearhead the Cewyn train. Again Don't see scum doing that to a teammate.

---

Just want to note here because I don't want us getting ahead of ourselves. franconp, fat4all and neck's train against Cewyn means it's doubtful either of them are scum. That does NOT mean that they are town.

There's a high posiblity of an arsonist being in play which means we now have to consider neutrals as well.

Zubz

Banned
C'mon, mon ami~

giphy.gif

Caught up.

I'm most suspicious of the people that voted No Lynch or Zubz.

Actually probably more suspicious of those who voted Zubz. The "I didnt even read my PM" gambit was odd, but I can see town reasons for it. Chiefly that it forces game conversation.

Assuming we have a scum player that likes to lead the conversation (because some will undoubtedly just sit back and let things unfold), Zubs was a prime target to get town to turn against.

franconp

Caught up.

I'm most suspicious of the people that voted No Lynch or Zubz.

Actually probably more suspicious of those who voted Zubz. The "I didnt even read my PM" gambit was odd, but I can see town reasons for it. Chiefly that it forces game conversation.

Assuming we have a scum player that likes to lead the conversation (because some will undoubtedly just sit back and let things unfold), Zubs was a prime target to get town to turn against.

Did you really caught up? Because it seems you haven't read the entire last day.

What do you think about the slip from Zubz regarding Cewyn?

Zubz

Banned
Did you really caught up? Because it seems you haven't read the entire last day.

What do you think about the slip from Zubz regarding Cewyn?

You're still on about this? Man, I'd be voting for you regardless of... Well, I'll let some others check-in first, mon ami~

Vote: franconp[/I]

Does Gambit say anything else? I barely know the X-Men outside of big crossovers & MvC.

franconp

You're still on about this? Man, I'd be voting for you regardless of... Well, I'll let some others check-in first, mon ami~

Vote: franconp[/I]

Does Gambit say anything else? I barely know the X-Men outside of big crossovers & MvC.

Good on the OMGUS. That's your second.

I would love to hear a good explanation for the vote. Do you think I bused Cewyn?

franconp

By slip do you mean having voted, then unvoted, then voted for Cewyn?

I mean this:

I'd feel bad voting for a new player, but it seems Cewyn's just dropped out, & Scum is Scum.

We talked a bit about this. This is info only someone who has a private chat with Cewyn can know. Cewyn was scum. Do the math.

Also reread the last vote. He dragged the vote until the last second, when Cewyn's lynch was a done deal. He could have voted for him before to save himself but he went for No Lynch.

May I ask why you attempted a vote on me fairly late?

Probably for the reasons I explained in #686. To reiterate and consolidate:

I have my scum suspicions. Wasn't feeling Zubz or no lynch. Cewyn felt kinda arbitrary among the low numbers posters and that was a list you were on as well. I also wanted to see if LP would move his vote if anyone else voted you, or at all.

Top Bottom