• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

It's two people, scum is at least 3 teams which would be 6 people. I'm not sure why you seem to think the two of them on fran is mutually exclusive from scum spreading their votes.

Well, looking back through the vote sheets I've kept for every gafia game I've played in, scum basically never sit on the same vote right next to each other. Less so on the very bottom of the pile. Never in the first two days. It's not to say they couldn't but they just usually don't.

Today, still, it doesn't seem like you even want to argue with me. Not only did you open today with an argument against me that you let fizzle:

Post #1834

I mean, you really gave up arguing with me very fast. I didn't say anything today that I wasn't saying last night, I just had a calmer tone. It makes sense that this convinces you to drop it because you now realize you can't be as opportunistic and can't capitalize on my mistake of getting frustrated. My frustrated tone validated you voting for me last night apparently.

Huh?

Of course not, I didn't have that lynch on my radar at all. Kark would have been okay, additionally to being inactive he did it on purpose for nothing. But that falls under an activity lynch, as you say.

There were other discussion though, I pressured Ouro before that, which wasn't activity based. This was based on a weird read from Ouro and Ouros dodgy playstyle.
Dragonz also would have been a possibility for me if Verelios wouldn't have contributed as much. That there was nothing interesting besides activity lynch talk is just plain false.

I wasn't on Orb a single moment, it came just as surprising to me.

What you found to be better didn't sell either. And I wasn't alone on the Ouro thing and also remember people like Fireblend (may he rest in peace) heavily disagree with you that nothing noteworthy happened.

So, I'll be out of here for the night. Wanted to at least put some effort in already so some people don't start claiming again I'm rehashing others arguments and are actually doing nothing in terms of contributing :p

Don't be willfully disingenious Darryl. We came to a point where we disagreed on something (that noteworthy things happened, you stubbornly held onto that against someone else already, Fireblend) and I decided to let it rest and go to sleep. It's right there on the damn page.

Sawneeks

Banned
So sorry I wasn't around much today, work was stressful and I was busy afterwards. I'll try to get something in before Day End but I won't be able to promise much.

Unvote: Xbro

Sorian

Banned
Well, looking back through the vote sheets I've kept for every gafia game I've played in, scum basically never sit on the same vote right next to each other. Less so on the very bottom of the pile. Never in the first two days. It's not to say they couldn't but they just usually don't.

I can't imagine positioning on the vote matters. Both entered that vote as naturally as can be. Kitsune was the one going to a head against fran so her vote has logic and Ouro voted at a point where people were choosing sides so again, natural. The failing is that no one else got baited to fran (or at least cared enough to vote for it).

You seem oddly flustered when I voted off your partner.

Also, you completely ignored my argument with you until Dr. Worm brought it back up. It seems like your behavior is really consistent with someone who doesn't understand the heart of the arguments, you're just skimming the headlines, reading tones, not doing your own research, trying to avoid the spotlight, etc.

Excuse me that I'm skimming stuff that happened at 5am. I'm sure you're carefully reading every single post, and everybody else is doing the same.

VOTE: Darryl

So, I'm gonna be away as I said earlier starting in an hour so I'm parking my vote somewhere where I'm content if I can't contribute today anymore.

Darryl started this ridiculous argument me and Worm had (not the discussion itself, the argument Worm used as a base) and now is trying to justify his vote of me with other disingenious shit. It really reads like coming up with reasons after the fact of making your mind up already.

Worm would be second on my list because hijacking that argument and I have slight suspicions of fran. Not sure though, fran might just be overly suspicious of everyone else, which aids that aggressiveness.

After that comes Ouro, he really didn't change his play from D1 at all. kitty is contributing fairly okay at least.

Fourth is kitsu for that weird way of reading that I can't really attribute it to being scummy, might just be townie trying a bit hard in this particular case.

Place #3 and #4 might be interchangeable tbh. Not sure.

I'm not considering Kark right now because of that silencing shot, we will likely find out if that's a thing tomorrow when someone else gets hit.

everyone: you should try to read

me: does a read

everyone: your read isn't aggressive enough and too wishy washy

me: makes an aggressive read

everyone: your read is too aggressive

what in the name of the flying green octopus is it you want then?

look y'all I'm trying to figure out what and how much of it is expected of me in this here game of mafia and if you keep sending mixed messages like this I ain't gonna learn anything

Sorian

Banned
look y'all I'm trying to figure out what and how much of it is expected of me in this here game of mafia and if you keep sending mixed messages like this I ain't gonna learn anything

You're trying to turn in the homework by doing the least amount of work as possible. You shouldn't be surprised if the teacher is going to make you re-take the course

.....I feel like I lost the course of that analogy somewhere.

Your read is junky, if you cared and knew you weren't going to get through a whole ISO, you would have started with more recent posts.

You're trying to turn in the homework by doing the least amount of work as possible. You shouldn't be surprised if the teacher is going to make you re-take the course

.....I feel like I lost the course of that analogy somewhere.

Your read is junky, if you cared and knew you weren't going to get through a whole ISO, you would have started with more recent posts.

It's hard to read through the entirety of posts of someone who posts so much and makes such long posts, so I kind of set myself up for failiure there, didn't I. But that's beside the point when what I was actually complaining about was that so many of the responses were calling me out for tone. Why the misdirect?

Also, Ty4ion, I realize the conversation shifted to first person directness and not generalities there now so I'm just going to say: if you weren't personally acting like that, fine, just don't feel personally targeted by me calling others out.

kingkitty

So here's my vote before I vanish for the rest of the day in a puff of smoke

vote: Xbro

I'm pretty sure I put them down as slight suspicious to null, but after this long nap I'm fine having them at a slight suspicious as well. That day 1 gambit was pretty lame if Kark was scum, but I feel like I'll get something interesting out of a Kark death today. Was there any meaning to the 20 min to 30 min rush at the end of Day 2? And if his pair flipped scum it would greatly help expand/support my existing thoughts on who might be on the same scum team. I think comparatively Xbro has slightly stepped up more than Kark this round, who I think spent most of his posts in Day 2 on the silencer stuff. Which isn't a very hard thing for scum to do. A more minor plus is if Kark pair flips scum it might help support the idea of a town/neutral aligned silencer...unless Kakr pair was just lying. Although if other pairs in other day phases also say the silencer got em, then it might help support the existence of the silencer as well as it not being scum aligned. The most important and decisive factor in this vote is of course my bellygut.

So yeah that's all I have to say. As I've said earlier I will not be here before the day ends, so if you want to send me any food please mail them to Ouro. If I die at the end of Day 2 or Night 2, then I have one final thing to say to all my townie associates.

La La Land sucks.

Oh yeah real quickly I just realized someone asked me a question about my read on Ty4on, and I'll say I still have my lean as slight suspicious but I feel pretty fine with Kark today. And then I was asked about my thoughts on Ouro's reads on a few people, and I'll be honest I don't really read his reads much, we kinda just do our own thing besides "i think this person feels scummy" "i agree" in the chat. Ok bye everyone.

Ty4on

So there was no votecount before the end?

I didn't move my vote because I was afraid of a tie.
Where would you have put it assuming no fear of a tie and why didn't you push any lynch target to the front? You had the vote on Natiko/Nomadic, but they would never be a contender unless you really pushed them.

franconp

VOTE: Darryl

So, I'm gonna be away as I said earlier starting in an hour so I'm parking my vote somewhere where I'm content if I can't contribute today anymore.

Darryl started this ridiculous argument me and Worm had (not the discussion itself, the argument Worm used as a base) and now is trying to justify his vote of me with other disingenious shit. It really reads like coming up with reasons after the fact of making your mind up already.

Worm would be second on my list because hijacking that argument and I have slight suspicions of fran. Not sure though, fran might just be overly suspicious of everyone else, which aids that aggressiveness.

After that comes Ouro, he really didn't change his play from D1 at all. kitty is contributing fairly okay at least.

Fourth is kitsu for that weird way of reading that I can't really attribute it to being scummy, might just be townie trying a bit hard in this particular case.

Place #3 and #4 might be interchangeable tbh. Not sure.

I'm not considering Kark right now because of that silencing shot, we will likely find out if that's a thing tomorrow when someone else gets hit.

How does this read list even work? So I/Worm, Ouro/Kitty and Kitsune/FEP are just bussing ourselves? There is no logic in that scum list.

To me it seems that you put at the top the 2 pairs that don't trust you and then added a couple of pair that other pairs are calling suspicious.

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

kitsunelaine & flatearthpandas (3)
Ty4on 1893
franconp 2119
Sorian 2196 2285
WhereAreMahDragonz 2278

Xbro & Karkador (2)
Verelios 1752 1761
Sawneeks 1861 2303
flatearthpandas 1940
kingkitty 2321

franconp & Dr. Worm (2)
Sorian 1821 1831
Xbro 1897 2171
kitsunelaine 2066
Ourobolus 2215

Muffin1611 & Samuraischnecke (2)
Ourobolus 1876 2215
Dr. Worm 2246
Darryl 2286

Darryl & nin1000 (2)
CrimsonFist 1676
Ourobolus 1727 1876
Sorian 1831 1937
Muffin1611 2307

Ourobolus & kingkitty (2)
flatearthpandas 1877 1940
Muffin1611 2172 2307
Nomadic Sparks 2267 2269
Nomadic Sparks 2269
Sorian 2285

Trigger & Ty4on (1)
Nomadic Sparks 1707 2179
Natiko 1933

Verelios & WhereAreMahDragonz (1)
Sophia 1871

StarSketch & CzarTim (0): Sorian 1937 2196

CrimsonFist & Sophia (0): Natiko 1697 1723

No active vote for Day 2: CzarTim, Karkador, nin1000, Royal_Flush, Samuraischnecke, Sawneeks (has previously voted), StarSketch, Trigger, TsuXna, Verelios (has previously voted), Xbro (has previously voted)

Day 2 Postcount: Dr. Worm 37, CrimsonFist 22, CzarTim 6, Darryl 12, flatearthpandas 12, franconp 47, Karkador 14, kingkitty 13, kitsunelaine 34, Muffin1611 56, Natiko 21, nin1000 24, Nomadic Sparks 16, Ourobolus 51, Royal_Flush 20, Samuraischnecke 8, Sawneeks 18, Sophia 40, Sorian 62, StarSketch 9, Trigger 5, TsuXna 1, Ty4on 74, Verelios 29, WhereAreMahDragonz 13, Xbro 21

Day 2 ends:
pin_1502391600.png

Automated vote tally here

14 votes for majority

franconp

Where would you have put it assuming no fear of a tie and why didn't you push any lynch target to the front? You had the vote on Natiko/Nomadic, but they would never be a contender unless you really pushed them.

I wanted to lynch Nomadic as he was playing real scummy to me. Several people had them in their scum list but nobody cared to make a vote for them. I made the first vote and waited for someone else to jump in. Noone did.

After that I wasn't around. I could hijack a computer five minutes before the deadline and the game was in total confusion. Didn't knew who was in the lead, so I asked for a votecount but there weren't any. As I said before between Orb and Kark I was planning to vote for Kark for the crappy gambit:

We are partners but that doesn't mean that we think the same. We were in complete different sides of the vote yesterday (He voted for Orb when I was planning to vote for Kark in case of a tie) and several of our reads are completly different. The part of collaborating is another invention of your.

I even had the post pretyped waiting for a votecount until the last minute.

I'm going to go to bed now, in case people start wondering why I don't jump in to defend myself as the hours tick down. (It's a thing that's happened before.)

How does this read list even work? So I/Worm, Ouro/Kitty and Kitsune/FEP are just bussing ourselves? There is no logic in that scum list.

Quick answer: My reads aren't based on the last two pages alone, that would be pretty dumb

Please spare me with the "there's no logic behind it"

Just because I list four pairs that are suspicious to me I'm not saying they're all scum going at each other. The latter two pairs I'm somewhere between null and suspicious.

Like are you saying I shouldnt name someone whos suspicious because somebody else whos going at them is more suspicious? I can't be sure that my biggest suspicion turns out to be true, so I rather name em all

Samuraischnecke

Neo Member
Hello I'm on my phone and dunno how to quote with this.
Sorian asked me some questions like what my goal is with that generality post: I just wanted to throw that in for my fellow townies to help them forming theories already, because I feel like some are just looking for the lynch today, not looking forward to the next day and what that lynch would give them regarding information. Like the questions he asked himself: "Who would be scum in this scenario I mentioned?"
Just... Encouraging thinking ahead.

I already have some theories in my head and am keeping an eye on some people. If todays lynch will be successfull I will hopefully have confirmation for the people currently in my head. Problem is if I post those more precise thoughts now, scum could easily change plans, so I would keep those to myself and hope to see the next day with one less scum.

franconp

Like are you saying I shouldnt name someone whos suspicious because somebody else whos going at them is more suspicious? I can't be sure that my biggest suspicion turns out to be true, so I rather name em all

So, If you have Ouro as one of your scum reads why did you took your vote out of him when he was in the lead and moved to Darryl, that almost had no heat at that moment?

Sorian

Banned
So here's my vote before I vanish for the rest of the day in a puff of smoke

vote: Xbro

I'm pretty sure I put them down as slight suspicious to null, but after this long nap I'm fine having them at a slight suspicious as well. That day 1 gambit was pretty lame if Kark was scum, but I feel like I'll get something interesting out of a Kark death today. Was there any meaning to the 20 min to 30 min rush at the end of Day 2? And if his pair flipped scum it would greatly help expand/support my existing thoughts on who might be on the same scum team. I think comparatively Xbro has slightly stepped up more than Kark this round, who I think spent most of his posts in Day 2 on the silencer stuff. Which isn't a very hard thing for scum to do. A more minor plus is if Kark pair flips scum it might help support the idea of a town/neutral aligned silencer...unless Kakr pair was just lying. Although if other pairs in other day phases also say the silencer got em, then it might help support the existence of the silencer as well as it not being scum aligned. The most important and decisive factor in this vote is of course my bellygut.

So yeah that's all I have to say. As I've said earlier I will not be here before the day ends, so if you want to send me any food please mail them to Ouro. If I die at the end of Day 2 or Night 2, then I have one final thing to say to all my townie associates.

La La Land sucks.

Oh yeah real quickly I just realized someone asked me a question about my read on Ty4on, and I'll say I still have my lean as slight suspicious but I feel pretty fine with Kark today. And then I was asked about my thoughts on Ouro's reads on a few people, and I'll be honest I don't really read his reads much, we kinda just do our own thing besides "i think this person feels scummy" "i agree" in the chat. Ok bye everyone.

Is that the second time you've dissed la la land? Is this some weird code thing?

Hello I'm on my phone and dunno how to quote with this.
Sorian asked me some questions like what my goal is with that generality post: I just wanted to throw that in for my fellow townies to help them forming theories already, because I feel like some are just looking for the lynch today, not looking forward to the next day and what that lynch would give them regarding information. Like the questions he asked himself: "Who would be scum in this scenario I mentioned?"
Just... Encouraging thinking ahead.

I already have some theories in my head and am keeping an eye on some people. If todays lynch will be successfull I will hopefully have confirmation for the people currently in my head. Problem is if I post those more precise thoughts now, scum could easily change plans, so I would keep those to myself and hope to see the next day with one less scum.

Slightly hypocritical but standard play is find one scum and work from there, not try to blow out the whole team at once.

I also find lynching for info lame. If I cared about that then I'd be calling off this whole day and trying to force a vote on Kark but more often than not, that just leads to a town death and even less info.

What?

The vote was:

Ouro/Kitty 3
Kitsune/FEP 3
Worm/I 2

He was in the lead with Kitsune (another of your scum reads) until you moved your vote.

I thought you meant in the "lead" on my scum list, I dont pay attention much whos in the lynch lead long before the lynch

Sorian

Banned
What?

The vote was:

Ouro/Kitty 3
Kitsune/FEP 3
Worm/I 2

He was in the lead with Kitsune (another of your scum reads) until you moved your vote.

Am I confused on when we are talking about? I was only slightly following this and thought you meant at the end of day 1 when he went to Darryl for a bit. That's not the case I assume?

Samuraischnecke

Neo Member
Slightly hypocritical but standard play is find one scum and work from there, not try to blow out the whole team at once.

I also find lynching for info lame. If I cared about that then I'd be calling off this whole day and trying to force a vote on Kark but more often than not, that just leads to a town death and even less info.

Yeah the hardest part is finding scum in the first place.

I mean to have a plan after scum has been found. Because after a successful lynch, scum has a whole night of planning, before we can discuss that.
I like building up theories beforhand, so I can already observe people with having that in mind, before they change their plans/behaviour a bitand shift my perception of them.

I don't have Kark on my list today tho. After finding out if the silence PR exists or not we'd have more to work with regarding his position.

I look more towards Ouro who didn't change his playstile at all despite the best hopes. He's not transparent at all and I have only read some actual reads from kittycat.

Also Worm seems to imitate fran a lot... But not in a good way. I have no idea what he wants to say with his "I can't find scumbehaviour on you, so you must be scum"... Just picking someone who feels "odd" and trying to talk around that just seems so fishy.
How about voting for someone who actually looks like scum instead? I know it's hard. But isn't the intention to find those? Like... Someone you have an actual reason to be suspicious of?

Kitsu is... Wow. Just... I'm at a loss. Her behaviour is so panicky and agressive, but you already played a game of Mafia? Also dodged my posts completely because those stoopid blobs are so hard to get out of, hm? Not sure if questions in my previous posts have already been answered before, if they are not obviously marked as questions or if they are just being ignored because they seem irrelevant... *sigh*.

Sorian

Banned
I'm talking about right now.

He has a vote on ouro, you tied him and Kitsune a while ago and he moved his vote out of ouro.

Huh, that didn't even click for me that he was one of the 3 on Ouro. That's an odd choice. He was saying the Ouro vote was a prod though? Let me read back again now, I obviously didn't pay attention here.

------

To Sam, that still doesn't make a ton of sense. Yes, they may change their behavior after a teammate is lynched but you still have all the old posts to go through before the lynch. This isn't live mafia where things can be fudged and forgotten, there's a written record.

Okay. It was a prod vote but you still have ouro in your scum list. So obviously he didn't do anything to make you feel good about him. So why move your vote?

Exactly.

Because I dont think that he's gonna do anything else positive just because of my prod vote. He already made me feel worse about him. So I moved it to someone else I feel even worse about, Darryl.

Sorian

Banned
Oh right, he shades Worm the entire time. I'm going to stick with my dual read for right now since Muffin being scum only matches up with a Kitsune/Ouro partnership and that would actually be running into the issue that FEP was trying to push.

That said, it just pushes more 2 vote ties which just makes kitsune/FEP a haven for sheep if they happen to actually be town (and a haven for bussing anyway if not).

Samuraischnecke

Neo Member
To Sam, that still doesn't make a ton of sense. Yes, they may change their behavior after a teammate is lynched but you still have all the old posts to go through before the lynch. This isn't live mafia where things can be fudged and forgotten, there's a written record.

Oh well that may just be a personal thing, but if I don't write my feelings and opinions to a discussion down as it happens, I have trouble remembering my first impression on certain things, the whole context, how I took it(if posts were meant provoking) etc.
I think it's really difficult to not be influenced by current behaviour while rereading older posts. I guess that is also because I don't know anyones typical behaviour.

franconp

Exactly.

Because I dont think that he's gonna do anything else positive just because of my prod vote. He already made me feel worse about him. So I moved it to someone else I feel even worse about, Darryl.

So, if Darryl is not at lynch risk near the deadline and Ouro is, will you move your vote to Ouro?

So, if Darryl is not at lynch risk near the deadline and Ouro is, will you move your vote to Ouro?

Probably, yeah.

I listed Worm so high because our little discussion is so recent and was based on the top scum in my list, I'd probably rather vote Ouro as second choice.

franconp

Also, Burb will you be able to do votecounts near the deadline today?

I'm at work and on mobile so I don't know if I will be able to check the game much.

Top Bottom