• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

cabot

Mostly pushing Kyan:

I'll take wild speculation over "bad vibes" any day.

My stance is "dunno."

Some people may honestly believe their "scumreads." Some may be using them as tools for pressure, manipulation, or to conceal the true source of their information.

I don't. I don't know what's going on. Cabot could be a hardworking, prolific townie (understandably wrong in some of his conclusions), or he could be a clever scum manipulating us into lynching our friends. isaac could've been a scum laying low, trying not to attract suspicion; turns out he was just a quiet town without much to say.

I don't believe in scumreads. I believe in strategy and vote patterns, but those are tough when we've had a TvT, a neutral dogpile, and now a Tv?. I'm tempted to lynch cabot just because if he flips scum we can make some deductions based on yesterday's votes, but I don't think he's any more likely to be scum than the mean, and I think Kyan is somewhat more likely than the mean.

If CCS pointed you at AB, it makes his decision to out himself way smarter. He can loudly proclaim his allegiance to Town while keeping mum and thus silently displaying his obedience to Scum. It's the perfect neutral play.

And now that we've seen exactly one night kill, which seems to have been directed in a Town-friendly way, and nobody's owning up to it? What else makes sense? Worst serial killer ever, another vig with a slow trigger finger, a JOAT?

I say we bandwagon on Kyan. Whoever's responsible for that N1 kill is vaguely Town-aligned, so presumably they'd out themselves and we can change wagons.

To be clear: I was never dedicated to either wagon, but I wholeheartedly believe someone had to die. And I'm paranoid about scum pulling a last-minute tie vote, which is readily accessible in 7-to-5. Plus seeing people follow me onto cabot put me on edge: thought it could've been the scum team coming to isaac's rescue. Turns out it wasn't.

VOTE:Kyanrute

On mobile so I don't want to go into detail, but I trust the reasoning is obvious?

Mobile typing painful.

There was a theory being thrown around yesterday that CCS redirected Kyan into AB, hence the night kill. Now that N1's double kill is the exception, the theory seems solid enough to act on. IMO.

cabot

I mean I found Ri's play to be pretty scummy, and if you're scum you'd pick up on that too.

Could it not have been as simple as some scum thought he was a PR and saw the opportunity to lynch instead of NK?

cabot

giphy.gif

Cabot are you telling me that we need to all get in the game room, tie each other up and have a blood test?

I'm down! But I don't think there is an easy way to do it.

After reading your and *splinter's post, you are right today is Almost impossible to be mylo. We have to assume lylo.

So let's get it right

Kalor

Okay, I have finally been able to put my finger on why I have still been scumreading Kalor most of the game despite his general reasonable opinions on people. Back when isaacnukem was lynched, he asked us to go back and check the votes for him for scum. I havecalways felt that the isaacnukem lynch was an odd one, and the lynch that felt the least driven by town.

I think these two posts by Kalor are particularly telling, since they are the only two posts he made that day where he even mentioned isaacnukem. Kalor had spent most of the day phase pushing for a Ri'Orius lynch. When no one else joined him, Kalor just moved his vote over to isaac without much explanation as to why he put isaac on his list of scum in the first place.

The weak mention of Swamped at the end of that read list also causes some alarm bells to ring in my head. It is the only mention Kalor makes of Swamped before her flip as scum. However, Kalor later makes a bigger deal about how he scum read Swamped after her flip, and pointed to this post as proof. To me, that feels like classic scum bussing each other for town cred behavior.

So I can't really argue with the Isaac point but the weak mention of Swamped was because they had barely posted up to that point. I didn't want to equate my suspicion of them with the others who weren't replacements so I put the maybe.

cabot

Cabot are you telling me that we need to all get in the game room, tie each other up and have a blood test?

I'm down! But I don't think there is an easy way to do it.

After reading your and *splinter's post, you are right today is Almost impossible to be mylo. We have to assume lylo.

So let's get it right

I really want to burn you to the ground, zipped.

Kyanrute

Safe play would be to keep Sky and cabot around until mylo. Narrowing the pool, passing the problem along. I'm not necessarily happy that iirc only cabot has hinted at this thought. A pool of four then for me.

Initial stance would be Splinter = Zipped > Kalor > LP I imagine.

Kyanrute

I really should form an opinion on Sky too I think. Oh and cabot is scum as well but ehh, safe conservative plays are my thing so no to murdering him right now.

unless scum now put two votes on him and finally give me the chance to hammer

cabot

I really should form an opinion on Sky too I think. Oh and cabot is scum as well but ehh, safe conservative plays are my thing so no to murdering him right now.

If I'm scum I feel sorry for town, cause they had no defensive abilities against the neutrals.

That's ignoring your Thing reference, which was super hard to discount.

You posted The Gif, how could I not comment on it. That and reading the overnight posts just confirmed to me how serious today is that we get it right.

Safe play would be to keep Sky and cabot around until mylo. Narrowing the pool, passing the problem along. I'm not necessarily happy that iirc only cabot has hinted at this thought. A pool of four then for me.

We have to assume today is lylo. Lynch or lose, Cabot and Splinter are right that a no lynch would likely sink this for us. Is that most scum to least scum or most town to least town?

cabot

i dont understand this post, we're in lylo?

cabot

I mean open your fucking eyes. You think, as scum, I claimed odd-night commuter on D2, and now with all claims in, it happens to work out?

Like think harder Kyan, this is a joke. Why do you put Splinter at the top of your list.

cabot

Game Roles:

23. [m] acohrs - D1: Reggie Rowe - Suicide Day Cop
14. [m] Dusk Soldier – D1 Lynch: Nix - Town Vigilante
11. [m] AbsolutBro – N1: Trish Dailey - Doctor
03. [m] Ri'Orius – N4: Celia Penderghast – Town Escapist
07. [m] batsnacks – N2: Our Glorious Lady Betty - Innocent Child
04. [m] OceanicAir – CST - N6: Voice of Survival - Gossip
06. [m] Kyanrute - GMT+2 - Zeke Dunbar - 1-shot Doublevote
10. [m] SkyOdin – PST - Eugene Sims - Virgin
12. [m] cabot - GMT+1 - Lucy Kuo - Odd-Night Commuter

19. [m] isaacnukem - D3 Lynch: Seattle Hipster
18. [m] Kawl_USC – N3: Seattle Hipster
02. [m] Zeusy – D5 Lynch: Seattle Hipster
01. [f] WaffleTaco - N5: Seattle Hipster
21. [m] Flame_AC – N5:Seattle Hipster
13. [m] Blargonaut – D6 Lynch:Seattle Hipster
15. [m] Timeaisis – N1: Seattle Hipster
16. [m] Lone_Prodigy – PST - Seattle Hipster
17. [m] *Splinter – GMT - Seattle Hipster
20. [m] Zippedpinhead – EST - Seattle hipster
22. [m] Kalor – BST - Seattle Hipster

08. [m] CCS - D2 Lynch: Sasha-Witch
09. [m] Bronx-Man – Fetch AKA Abigail Walker - Serial Killer

05. [m] TheGoddamn [f] Swamped - N4: The Beast - 1-shot BP

This may be seen as overly defensive, but you know what it's lylo, it should be. You mislynch, you lose. I want to win.

Look at that Town PR lineup, the only counters to the game from the flips given are Ri, Sky and I.

Ri is a protection from a mislynch, subsequently died in the night phase.

Sky protects from scum, though his play and the timing of his claim is suspect.

I protect from scum and both neutrals. I claimed on D2, where not much else was known and here we are now with all claims in. Outside of us 3, there's not much there for counters to extra KP or CCS.

But please, continue to read me as scum.

Kyanrute

You posted The Gif, how could I not comment on it. That and reading the overnight posts just confirmed to me how serious today is that we get it right.

We have to assume today is lylo. Lynch or lose, Cabot and Splinter are right that a no lynch would likely sink this for us. Is that most scum to least scum or most town to least town?

I certainly am not recommending a no lynch. Order of lynch preference.

i dont understand this post, we're in lylo?

We have more than a single scum to lynch and thus there will be at least one more night kill. That narrows the pool and if we have enough night kills, scum might be forced to solve one of the claimed prs for us. A theoretical longshot, I know, but still the play imo, unless one of the pr claimants goes full scum.

I mean open your fucking eyes. You think, as scum, I claimed odd-night commuter on D2, and now with all claims in, it happens to work out?

Like think harder Kyan, this is a joke. Why do you put Splinter at the top of your list.

I do tend to keep my eyes open when reading.

cabot

sorry that's two questions I'd like answered:

1) Why is Splinter top of your lynch list
2) Pls respond to my theory on the claims we've had so far.

Kyanrute

Thought for a moment there earlier that cabot might just be town but then he got all obtuse about me and all and everything else and now all he does just annoys me.

so zzz, please kill me during the night or make a play for a townie so i don't have to deal with this shit any more

cabot

Thought for a moment there earlier that cabot might just be town but then he got all obtuse about me and all and everything else and now all he does just annoys me.

so zzz, please kill me during the night or make a play for a townie so i don't have to deal with this shit any more

i've been wanting to be dead for the past three phases, but I stepped up when I had to, because a mislynch means game over.

Shall I make it easier for you?

Kyanrute

sorry that's two questions I'd like answered:

1) Why is Splinter top of your lynch list
2) Pls respond to my theory on the claims we've had so far.

1) "Blarg has tunneled cabot but always drops out when the chance presents itself.", Splinter, a tunneler on cabot who does not take the chance to push cabot.

And I know, "buubububububub you say i is scum". Yeah. One or other. The play is damn too long for you two both to be scum.

Then there is the "read reset" from the start today, what essentially gives him cover from anything he has ever said. Posturing for a "well my record has been bad so far, I am not wrong for saying that, am I?"

And then I refresh the thread and lol, why do i even bother.

cabot

1) "Blarg has tunneled cabot but always drops out when the chance presents itself.", Splinter, a tunneler on cabot who does not take the chance to push cabot.

And I know, "buubububububub you say i is scum". Yeah. One or other. The play is damn too long for you two both to be scum.

Then there is the "read reset" from the start today, what essentially gives him cover from anything he has ever said. Posturing for a "well my record has been bad so far, I am not wrong for saying that, am I?"

And then I refresh the thread and lol, why do i even bother.

yeah why do you, been waiting all day for reads and you deliver nothing.

Guess we'll wait for the rest of the scum team to hammer you.

cabot

your response is absolute shit, but you're currently not my top target.

Can you answer the second question? Cause if you contest it, you better have a good explanation for why Town doesn't have any counter to either neutral.

Kyanrute

That was entertaining. I was gonna read and think and stuff, but why bother.

Back for the final hour madness I imagine. That at least is fun usually.

cabot

So as town you'll disappear till final hour?

cause town is on the verge of losing here. Seems a mild fucking waste.

This is not helpful, why not comment on the roles theory? I am about to, would be helpful especially if you are going to peace out for 24+ more hours.

So as town you'll disappear till final hour?

cause town is on the verge of losing here. Seems a mild fucking waste.

Also not helpful, I know he is being obtuse and difficult. I can tell you are frustrated (I'm frustrated with him not really answering either).

As far as your roles theory, your role fits with what we have seen so far with reveals. Escapist and the beast directly counter each other for weakness death protection for day on Ri and night on Swamped. A commuter of some sort sounds reasonable with what we have seen so far on flips: with the lack of an investigation role (outside of our dead suicide cop) night protection is another very important tool for our survival.

of the other two roles, I think 1-shot doublevote helps our roles fill out better than virgin. I just can't believe that town would get Death for town = punishments for scum roles. Just doesn't make sense.

So if I had to vote right now, I think it would go Skyodin, l_P, and then distantly followed by Kalor/Kyanrute. I have a strong town read on Cabot and only slightly less strong town read on *splinter.

cabot

you realize how bold it is to vote for a PR claim outside of a vanilla claim, Zipped?

Why would you choose sky over any of the vanilla claims?

*Splinter

Oh were we supposed to be playing good cop bad cop lover

Hi Kyan in good cop sorry I'm late please give him what he wants he's crazy man

Kalor

I wouldn't be against a Sky lynch but I don't think we should do that today. We have four living players that have claimed ordinary and scum are definitely in that batch so I'd rather focus there. If we have to lynch a claimed power roles, that should be saved for the final day assuming we lynch right today.

you realize how bold it is to vote for a PR claim outside of a vanilla claim, Zipped?

Why would you choose sky over any of the vanilla claims?

Because it just flat doesn't make sense.

Assuming 3-4 scum (with 1 dead, can't be 5 since game would be over) and the two neutral, that leaves us with 16-17 townies. I can't believe that more than half of them would be power town roles.

You are absolutely right though. There is No way that scum is not hiding in the vanilla town. But scum also thinks like us. Why not claim a role that makes sense for scum not to night target. Frankly its the perfect role for scum to fake claim. Can't be NK'd afterwards so the virgin lasting until the end is great cover for them.

Well that was never the argument. I thought Blarg was more likely to be scum so I voted him, think I was quite clear about that.

But again, what was "convenient" about it? Why was voting for Blarg scummier than voting for cabot?

Looking back, Blarg got 4 votes and cabot got 2. If you had voted cabot instead, it would've been 3-3.

It's convenient because a townie died, and it wasn't the one you were pushing for previously.

Would you still vote for cabot today?

Kyanrute

I came in to give my initial thoughts before the re-read. Got annoyed by cabot being an ass. Lost my motivation to play. Wanted to make some posts that I'd modkill myself for.

*Splinter

Looking back, Blarg got 4 votes and cabot got 2. If you had voted cabot instead, it would've been 3-3.
Right, but I wanted to lynch Blarg, so that's where I voted.

It's convenient because a townie died, and it wasn't the one you were pushing for previously.

Would you still vote for cabot today?
Well, like, just on a gut level, he's either town or he's gone way overboard on the feigned frustration angle. So no I won't be voting Cabot today.

Top Bottom