• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saint Seiya Omega: All New Saint Seiya TV Anime! |OT| - ATHENA, OPEN MY HAATO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

euqV2.jpg

What is Saint Seiya Omega?

An original TV anime set 23 years after the original and starring a new generation of characters.

Staff

Director: Hatano Morio (assistant director in Shigeyasu Yamauchi's Tenkai-hen; worked as episode director in various Precure shows)
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Ojamajo Doremi, Jubei-chan 2, Mushishi, Casshern Sins, Heartcatch Precure)
Series Composition: Reiko Yoshida (Scrapped Princess, Kaleido Star, K-ON)
Music Composition: Toshihiko Sahashi (Full Metal Panic, Gundam Seed)
Animation Production: Toei Animation​

Story

Saints are champions of hope that, since the Age of Myth, appear on Earth whenever evil threatens peace. They clad themselves in special armors called Cloths, and fight to protect Athena, the Goddess who protects Earth and mankind.

In the Sanctuary where all 12 constellations can be seen, Saori Kido, the current incarnation of Athena, is taking care of a young baby called Kouga. Suddenly, a dark figure causes a huge explosion and a broken pillar is about to fall on Saori and Kouga when Seiya, Gold Saint of Sagittarius, appears and saves them. Mars, the figure that caused the explosion, presents himself as the ruler of the red planet and an enemy of of the Goddess. Seiya and Mars clash in violent battle... what will the outcome of their combat be? What will happen to baby Kouga?

Characters and Cast

jxTfO.jpg

Kouga (VA: Hikaru Midorikawa)
Bronze Saint of Pegasus. Protagonist. He is 13-years-old and has been raised since childhood by Saori Kido, who he ignores is Athena. He has been forced to train from an early age, but he considers said training worthless since they're living in a time of peace. He is a rebellious spirit that doesn't accept defeat, but he cares a lot about his foster mother. His fate is determined when Mars, the enemy sealed by Seiya 13 years ago, kidnaps Saori before his eyes. Meeting the 5 Saints that would become his future companions, he comes to realize the importance of friendship and hard-work. The Avatar.

wYbXJ.jpg

Yuna (VA: Satsuki Yukino)
Bronze Saint of the Eagle. Heroine. A 13-year-old girl that became a Saint by her own choice; her determination to become a strong Saint surpasses that of anyone else. She is usually gallant and stylish, but secretly nourishes doubts about the life forced on female Saints and disagrees with the Law of the Mask. Air Bender.

NYWUW.jpg

Souma (VA: Katsuyuki Konishi)
Bronze Saint of Leo Minor. Kouga's 14-year-old best friend. He is a playful young man that remains unconcerned even during serious moments. He has a certain aura of maturity, but he becomes violent when consumed by anger and is unpredictable in his actions. Fire Bender.

dLWr2.jpg

Ryuho (VA: Tetsuya Kakihara)
Broze Saint of Dragon. Shiryu and Shunrei's 13-year-old son. He has a weak physique but a lot empathy for others. He is very friendly and considerate. His Cosmos shows natural talent and he would probably be the strongest Saint of his generation if not for his physical disadvantages. Water Bender.

6YlyQ.jpg

Haruto (VA: Suzuki Tatsuhisa)
Bronze Saint of Wolf. 13-year-old descendant of a ninja clan. He trains stoically to become as strong as possible. Quiet and very cool, he believes knowledge is the only way to get results. He posses the greatest number of different techniques in the generation. Employs a mix of Saint and ninja techniques in combat. Earth Bender.

Oy7tj.jpg

Eden (VA: Junichi Suwabe)
Bronze Saint of Orion. A 15 year boy of noble upbringing, he acts with great dignity and confidence. He only believes in his own strength and doesn't trust other people. Since he has has no consideration for the weak, his method of fighting is very pragmatic. Lightning Bender.

R9akC.jpg

Seiya (VA: Toru Furuya)
Gold Saint of Sagittarius; the legendary Saint of Pegasus that protected Earth and Athena with the help of his companions while they were only Bronze Saints.

cGKiM.jpg

Saori Kido/Athena (VA: Shouko Nakamura)
The Goddess that protects the peace on Earth. She raised Kouga as her mother, hiding her true identity.

Mars (VA: Hidekatsu Shibata)
Main antagonist. The God of War and ruler of his namesake planet, Mars. He wants to control the power of the Goddess Athena in order to create his ideal world.​

When does it air?

TODAY! And every Saturday/Sunday for the next 12 months.​

Where can I watch it?

Crunchyroll and Google.​

Grzi

Nice OP.
So this is a 4 cour series? Hopefully there won't be too much episodic monster of the week stuff, but it'll probably end up being Heartcatch Precure with boys. Which might not be a bad thing.

george_us

Modern anime art styles have completely warped my brain. All of those characters look far older than what their profiles say.

Looks pretty awesome though, can't wait to check it out!

Cwarrior

The water bender looks creapy herpa derp, air bender looks retarded too and tony the tiger saint looks hilarious(i think i like).

the best looking one out of them are ikki 2.0(lighting bender) and Tony the tiger saint(fire bender).

Alrus

A female saint without a mask? Feels strange.

Anyway I stopped following the series after the Poseidon arc, should I check out Hades and the more recent stuff?

Well I hope it continues somehow.I can se how this series inspired Manga like Bleach with over the top power and abilities.

Me too. I'd honestly be more hyped for a Lost Canvas continuation than this.

At least the last season was only a year ago and anime announcements are usually much later in advance than in games, so we can only hope there will be more this year or next.

duckroll

The first episode really isn't all that great, but maybe it'll pick up after a few episodes when the characters are all introduced. I don't really like the formulaic style of starting with really slow paced developments and a super invincible bad guy for the heroes to rage about, but I guess the series is targeted at young kids after all...

rvy

Banned
What the fuck is up with the art :|? It's been shit since Hades Chapter - Elysion.
And that The Lost Canvas thing isn't much better.

NeonZ

I thought the episode was pretty fun. It was entirely Kouga centered though. Seiya had the initial scene and Shaina was in the episode itself, but the other new Saints will only start getting introduced from next week.

For people wondering about stock footage, Seiya, Kouga and Shaina all had one of their attacks animated similarly to the old stock footage, probably mostly as an homage, but every other scene seemed to be unique animation that can't be reused at all later on.

The first episode really isn't all that great, but maybe it'll pick up after a few episodes when the characters are all introduced. I don't really like the formulaic style of starting with really slow paced developments and a super invincible bad guy for the heroes to rage about, but I guess the series is targeted at young kids after all...

"Super slow paced"? Eh... I don't see how this was slow paced compared to modern anime, which can often waste weeks in the preparatory training of the characters before sending them to the plot. Seemed pretty standard to me.

rvy

Banned
The character design and animation direction is by the same guy who draws this:

F6hpM.jpg

seiya2rx5ur.jpg

seiyax84ig.jpg

My heart bleeds. Even the stuff from Hades - Chapter Sanctuary and Heaven Chapter: Overture is pretty awesome.
Chapter Inferno took a hit, but it still looked decent aside from Dohko's wacky chin. All downhill from there on.

That thing though, I don't know what that is. I'll check it out, but the art is terrible, IMO.

duckroll

"Super slow paced"? Eh... I don't see how this was slow paced compared to modern anime, which can often waste weeks in the preparatory training of the characters before sending them to the plot. Seemed pretty standard to me.

It's not a comparison of it being slower than the average anime. I considered the majority of shounen anime to be incredibly slow paced and boring too. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom