• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saint Seiya Omega: All New Saint Seiya TV Anime! |OT| - ATHENA, OPEN MY HAATO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I was instantly sold on this series the second the action started. Anyway Kouga is really cool, easily likeable main character, great character design, and poses, and I kind of like the animation style for it. Cant wait to see how deep and what the plot entails, Im sold.

saint_seiya_omega_kouga_by_tristtrist-d4utweh.gif

OP is really cool too.

I hope it eventually sees home media release in the US...

Ultimadrago

Just watched the first episode. It was okay.

I wasn't planning on watching this originally, but depending on the time I have available between other shows, I think I may have some time for some SAY-AAAAAAAH

Instro

Pretty good first episode. Umakoshi brought his usual style and quality animation, and there were a number of nicely framed shots during the episode. I find the initial setup and main character rather so-so atm though. I imagine they will start getting into some more interesting plot lines once some more Saints are introduced. The soundtrack surprised me a little, some quality tunes in there that fit really well with the action.

Cool shit, looking forward to next week.

Cwarrior

Saint seiya omega ep1

Ok...that was very unpleasant to watch thanks to kouga whining like a lil bitch, shouting some more cliché crap like”i want to protect” triggering hax dues machine power up, to be fair in line with the low tier bullshit that went on in the original but this bad on another level and to make it worse it's only episode 1, overall nothing much happen outside of angst.

+Pegasus fantasy op is awesome
+nice soundtrack with nostalgic remix of old tracks from the original (transformation track)

-seiya the shittest saint there is, is in this (all the tolerable characters are dead) and seiya jr(kouga) is quickly looking to surpass him in that front with added angst in his arsenal.

-everyone involved in the making of shitty faceless villain mars need asked to leave the office and never come back, his a joke fodder villain thats unintimidating, with corny villain lines and a "god" pathetically struggling with mere saints from the get go.

-
bullshit shaina one the most powerful female silver saints put up less of fight then newbie kouga bronze saint

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Went in expecting the worst after all the pacing complaints, but came out pleasantly surprised. I ended up liking Kouga a lot despite all the flags signaling all the tropes he's gonna cover by the end of the show. He's just a much more empathetic character than Seiya ever was, and it even gave some leeway for some obligatory world-building exposition.

Animation-wise it was superb, as per Umakoshi. It hasn't blown my expectations yet, but it was thoroughly entertaining.

Basically: Heartcatch Precure 01 for boys.

fake edit: I am very relieved that the level of violence hasn't been toned down for the airtime, gore amount aside.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I really like Mars's design. It's much more intimidating than Hades's, with his stupid "wings everywhere" cloth.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I enjoyed the first episode, Umakoshi's designs were great as always.

I'm not sure why there's so much dislike for Kouga, he seems to be pretty much the protagonist you would expect the show to have. I mean, he's stuck on an island being forced to do training he doesn't want to do by people who refuse to tell him anything, it's natural to be a bit pissed!

Brazil

I enjoyed the first episode, Umakoshi's designs were great as always.

I'm not sure why there's so much dislike for Kouga, he seems to be pretty much the protagonist you would expect the show to have. I mean, he's stuck on an island being forced to do training he doesn't want to do by people who refuse to tell him anything, it's natural to be a bit pissed!

I don't like him because Seiya and Tenma were already tough badasses by the time they became Saints. In contrast, Kouga's just a whiny brat living the good life.

Shito

I don't like him because Seiya and Tenma were already tough badasses by the time they became Saints. In contrast, Kouga's just a whiny brat living the good life.
Did you miss the part where Shaina beats him up on a daily basis or what?
Yes, I'd love for her to beat me up like that, but "living the good life", really? ^^
Seemed to me he has the exact same start as Seiya, only quicker for obvious reasons (show is "only" 50 episodes long).

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

I haven't watched the old St Seiya, so I can't comment on that, but Kouga was really voicing valid complaints, not whining, and he gets beaten up every day, that's hardly living the good life.

Brazil

Did you miss the part where Shaina beats him up on a daily basis or what?
Yes, I'd love for her to beat me up like that, but "living the good life", really? ^^
Seemed to me he has the exact same start as Seiya, only quicker for obvious reasons (show is "only" 50 episodes long).

I haven't watched the old St Seiya, so I can't comment on that, but Kouga was really voicing valid complaints, not whining, and he gets beaten up every day, that's hardly living the good life.

Compared to having your sister disappearing or being an outcast in a village as the leader of a couple of orphans, spending the childhood in a mansion with Saori's living the good life, yeah.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Compared to having your sister disappearing or being an outcast in a village as the leader of a couple of orphans, spending the childhood in a mansion with Saori's living the good life, yeah.

Maybe you shouldn't compare it so much to the old seiya then, if it's just going to lead to you being disappointed?

Brazil

Maybe you should compare it so much to the old seiya then, if it's just going to lead to you being disappointed?

But I'm not disappointed. I'm ok, haha.

It's not like he's not gonna get better, and it's not like he's the only character in the series either. I'm sure the other bronze guys will be cool.

SaintZ

Maybe you should compare it so much to the old seiya then, if it's just going to lead to you being disappointed?
Well, Kouga is like Seiya junior, it's hard to not make the comparison. But I agree with Brazil, he seems to be living a very good life right now -training aside- and I actually thought that all the other Saints seemed wealthy based on their clothes/design :lol

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Well, comparison is inevitable in an (alternate universe) sequel, I just hope people will be able to appreciate the show for what it is. :)

This series needs Gold Saints, whom the heck are these bronzies gonna look up to? who is going to save their asses when everything goes to shit? no goldies beside Seiya? you mean they are 11 golden clothes laying somewhere around and nobody is worthy of using them? da fuck!

This art style is really throwing me off. Such a far cry from the original and Lost Canvas.

Kouga is a whiny, spoiled douche that complains too much. He hasn't gone through even 1% of the bullshit the old bronze and gold saints had to go through. Saying he wishes Seiya hadn't saved him is ridiculous.

Shaina sounds so old now, but her hair is as green as ever. It also seemed like she's either been super gimped or Kouga just has a ridiculous cosmos capacity already. I mean she's supposed to be a silver saint, yet she
can't deal with Mars even though a bronze saint can.

On the plus side, the fights seem to carry more weight than the original and Hades chapters. Hopefully it gets even better down the line with good choreography and strategies, something completely absent from the original series.

So based on this first episode, I would rank the franchise something like this: Lost Canvas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Omega>>>Hades OVAs>Original. I would be perfectly content if this was cancelled and we got more Lost Canvas, but for now I'll stick with it and see if it gets good.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
This series needs Gold Saints, whom the heck are these bronzies gonna look up to? who is going to save their asses when everything goes to shit? no goldies beside Seiya? you mean they are 11 golden clothes laying somewhere around and nobody is worthy of using them? da fuck!

In the first series the Gold Saints werent introduced for a long ass time. Pacing is a necessity, the characters need to be introduced and developed before you go to the top tier power stuff.

In the first series the Gold Saints werent introduced for a long ass time. Pacing is a necessity, the characters need to be introduced and developed before you go to the top tier power stuff.

I am ok with them introducing the god tiers later on, but I think all the classic gold saints are dead, hence why I am worried, I have no problem with Seiya being a Gold saint, heck he has earned it and he should be close to his 40's in this new series, but what about the other 11 vacant spots?
It would be awesome if they include some new gold saints that address Seiya as their equal power-wise.
Man, they should at least bring back Shaka and Mu :(

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I am ok with them introducing the god tiers later on, but I think all the classic gold saints are dead, hence why I am worried, I have no problem with Seiya being a Gold saint, heck he has earned it and he should be close to his 40's in this new series, but what about the other 11 vacant spots?
It would be awesome if they include some new gold saints that address Seiya as their equal power-wise.
Man, they should at least bring back Shaka and Mu :(

Well, theres like, an episode out? If what you want is a 1 episode wiki article, that would make for a pretty bad show.

I always pictured Seiya being 20 in the original series, but of course this is anime so he was probably like, 14 ... so yeah "anime middle aged" meaning "yes he looks exactly the same and yes he is awesome but since hes too old to be marketable hes gonna get his ass kicked repeatedly so that our new and hip 14 year old can save him, and the universe"

Hey look, every anime!

Well, theres like, an episode out? If what you want is a 1 episode wiki article, that would make for a pretty bad show.

I always pictured Seiya being 20 in the original series, but of course this is anime so he was probably like, 14 ... so yeah "anime middle aged" meaning "yes he looks exactly the same and yes he is awesome but since hes too old to be marketable hes gonna get his ass kicked repeatedly so that our new and hip 14 year old can save him, and the universe"

Hey look, every anime!

Seiya was 13 in the series if I am not mistaken, and the ages of the "old" knowledgeable gold saints ranged between 20 and 28, Sagat being the oldest with 28, I know it doesn't make sense at all and I also imagined they were just older than what the official information said.

After watching the first episode I am cautiously optimistic about this, it seems, the art seems like a nice compromise between the classic one and modern animation, characters are still skinny as hell which was always a Saint Seiya trademark and I even got a "Shinko Araki" vibe every now and there, I'll keep watching, definitely want to see how all this evolves.

Seiya was 13 in the series if I am not mistaken, and the ages of the "old" knowledgeable gold saints ranged between 20 and 28, Sagat being the oldest with 28, I know it doesn't make sense at all and I also imagined they were just older than what the official information said.

Dohko was
over 200
and I'm pretty sure Aldebaran was in his 40s.

NeonZ

Shaina sounds so old now, but her hair is as green as ever. It also seemed like she's either been super gimped or Kouga just has a ridiculous cosmos capacity already. I mean she's supposed to be a silver saint, yet she can't deal with Mars even though a bronze saint can.

I never got how Shaina (and Marin) was even supposed to be a silver saint. Didn't Seiya hurt her in the first episode of the show? But then Seiya went on to be completely ineffective when a Silver Saint popped up later on, until he got the obligatory "never give up" power up.

Anyway, Kouga hasn't touched Mars yet, just his fire, and I'm pretty sure he'll just get beaten up next episode. Besides,
It's pretty obvious Kouga is Athena's son, so he's a half-god.

I never got how Shaina (and Marin) was even supposed to be a silver saint. Didn't Seiya hurt her in the first episode of the show? But then Seiya went on to be completely ineffective when a Silver Saint popped up later on, until he got the obligatory "never give up" power up.

Anyway, Kouga hasn't touched Mars yet, just his fire, and I'm pretty sure he'll just get beaten up next episode. Besides,
It's pretty obvious Kouga is Athena's son, so he's a half-god.

Shaina didn't become a silver saint until later.

And I know Kouga hasn't actually touched Mars yet, but he's already done more than Shaina has.

Dohko was
over 200
and I'm pretty sure Aldebaran was in his 40s.

We are discussing the age of the saint's who don't look their age, I think Dohko really looks his age at least until the Hades arc, and Aldebaran is 20 years old according to the official Saint Seiya Encyclopedia Taizen, were did you get he was 40 from?

Aren't there now 13 Zodiac signs? Who is going to become Ophiuchus gold saint?

Edit: No Fucking way!

lol lets wait first to see if they give us the 12 gold saints then we can move onto a surprise 13th gold saint :D

We are discussing the age of the saint's who don't look their age, I think Dohko really looks his age at least until the Hades arc, and Aldebaran is 20 years old according to the official Saint Seiya Encyclopedia Taizen, were did you get he was 40 from?

20? Jeez. I was just guessing because he always seemed like one of those boisterous middle age master dudes.

Edit: And Lost Canvas Aldebaran is 28!? Okay, I'm not guessing ages anymore in this franchise.

Raging Spaniard

Yeah, finally got around to watching it proper. Really interested to see what happened to the old cast ... but i know theyre gonna be focusing on the new guys, so well see.

Kind of a glaring ass plothole that the woman all saints are sworn to protect is ... you know, only protected by a silver saint for like, 20+ years while everybody knows whats about to happen.

Eh, one of those thigns, lol

I watched the original SS ep 1 today and yeah, that hasnt aged well. This new style and animation fits the series much better. I have a lot of good moments in my head from the original, but even as a kid I thought the fights themselves were really poor, this show has that covered, theyre gonna be good.

vareon

I liked Mars's design, but I don't like his "durrrr I am so EVIL!" personality. His talks makes him much less scarier.

clemenx

Banned
Daaamn, I had no idea that Pegasus Fantasy was the OP for this, I loved the episode out of those nostalgia goosebumps alone :3

7Th

Kind of a glaring ass plothole that the woman all saints are sworn to protect is ... you know, only protected by a silver saint for like, 20+ years while everybody knows whats about to happen.

Huge spoilers:
all the other competent older Saints are out of commission.

Raging Spaniard

Huge spoilers:
all the other competent older Saints are out of commission.

I havent looked, are these spoilers from past series or leaked info from this new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom