• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - Wii U Trailer

Does this support the pro controller? I was surprised to see NSMBU doesnt.

I asked this yesterday and was told yes. It supports wiimote, Pro, and obviously the pad.

Following the links to the original source has him quite clearly saying that it is the closest of the 3 versions. I think its fair to say that these comments are referring to consistency.

Hmm, a problem. Might have to wait for the U version to land now instead of getting the PS3 one as planned next week.

Aren't there going to be demos on the PS3/360/PC? They did it last time. That will determine for me if this is a purchase or not.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Day 1, due to the price. Currently £20 cheaper than any other Wii U launch game on Amazon.

flattie

I asked this yesterday and was told yes. It supports wiimote, Pro, and obviously the pad.

Aren't there going to be demos on the PS3/360/PC? They did it last time. That will determine for me if this is a purchase or not.

Not sure. Haven't seen anything mentioned. Maybe a rental prior to purchase?

BlankaBR

Banned
Here's a Forbes interview with a publicist. The game footage is off-screen so it isn't great quality but at least it shows some racing action. Apologies if this has already been posted. Don't panic about the November 30 release date...that's for Europe, not the Americas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjfKv9R96Yg

Got this link from a post by Daiohma on GameFAQs.
I had no interest in getting this game but this video changed my mind..! Good looking graphics and seems to be fun. The gamepad features look great also.

Not sure. Haven't seen anything mentioned. Maybe a rental prior to purchase?

If Redbox has it, I think I might. I just checked Amazon and they say all console versions come out the 18th, which is weird because 360/PS3 games never come out on Sundays. They also say there's only 16 tracks, which I didn't know. Perhaps that's why the game is only 40 bucks. The original game had 24. Sucks that they're going backwards in that regard.

Crub

Heh that last line is confusing me, but from what I understand using this example-
Using at least 3 platforms: WiiU, PS3 and 360, does that mean that at least 2 of them will have 29 characters?

No, it means no version has 29 characters.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
That was a good-looking trailer there. If that comes at a locked framerate I'm in.

ibbWcEBm7TOxSo.jpg

Did these guys appear in the first game? Are they in the new one?

@MUWANdo

Banned
They also say there's only 16 tracks, which I didn't know. Perhaps that's why the game is only 40 bucks. The original game had 24. Sucks that they're going backwards in that regard.

There are 16 brand-new tracks plus 4 tracks from the first game which have been totally remade, and then I guess the bonus tracks like Outrun and whatever else is in the pipeline.

The tracks are way bigger than the ones from the first game and they change dynamically from lap to lap, plus they're not recycling stage themes anymore, so it's not an unreasonable number, IMO.

Yeah, they're in the first game. If they're in the new game they haven't been announced.

SoulUnison

Banned
I'm so glad Sega remembered that Skies of Arcadia existed, but now that I think about it, this game has a fatal lack of Ristar.

Kjellson

I have this game preordered at GameStop. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they charged the same high price as the other Wii U games.

There are 16 brand-new tracks plus 4 tracks from the first game which have been totally remade, and then I guess the bonus tracks like Outrun and whatever else is in the pipeline.

The tracks are way bigger than the ones from the first game and they change dynamically from lap to lap, plus they're not recycling stage themes anymore, so it's not an unreasonable number, IMO.

Yeah, they're in the first game. If they're in the new game they haven't been announced.

Sold. I loved the first game, but I hated how they didn't maximize the characters they had.

They were in it, but the coolest duos were Banjo and Kazooie and Zobio+Zobiko

Tizoc

Yo where's the OT at~ EU is getting it in a few days, heck it's up for pre-order on EU PSN @ 30 Pounds.
BTW, if by some chance, I get this game early, can I spoil/reveal any extra unlockable characters in the game's Shop?

If this is an homage to Outrun, shouldn't the blonde be in the passenger seat?

You say that as if Akira actually learned how to drive a car.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Picking this game up with the Wii U. Originally wasn't but for the $40 price tag and gamepad support, it's really hard to say no. Gamepad support is going to be a big factor for me in buying games for the Wii U over other consoles.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm doubtful, but anyone know if the game will be worth single player? I'm definitely banking on Sega fanservice, but I need more than that to justify it.

Tizoc

I'm doubtful, but anyone know if the game will be worth single player? I'm definitely banking on Sega fanservice, but I need more than that to justify it.

Simply put the single player mode is VASTLY expanded from the previous game.
The harder difficulties also offer a challange or so I've read.
Also there's a random racer select slot.

J@hranimo

Banned
Hmm maybe ristar will pull a TT from diddy kong racers.

That would be pretty legit actually *crosses fingers in hope*

I wish I could afford a Wii U this year but sadly I can't. I'll get the 360 one first and when I get a Wii U next year I'll trade the 360 one for Wii U one.

I enjoyed the single player in the first game. If this is improved on that, then it's definitely a worthwhile single player game.

Tizoc

I enjoyed the single player in the first game. If this is improved on that, then it's definitely a worthwhile single player game.

The single player or rather campaign mode now supports 4 players, so you any friends you have over can compete on the main grand prix modes, etc.
Time trial mutliplayer sounds neat too, but I've not read about that.

So apparently a couple leaks got through again. According to Sega forums, this was confirmed by Steve Lycett of Sumo.

Pudding is confirmed as a character on the roster. And here are the tracks:

GP1
1. Ocean View (Sonic Heroes)
2. Samba Studios (Samba De Amigo)
3. Carrier Zone (After Burner)
4. Dragon Canyon (Panzer Dragoon)

GP2
1, Temple Trouble (Super Monkey Ball)
2. Galactic Parade (Sonic Colors?)
3. Seasonal Shrines (Shinobi)
4. Rouge’s Landing (Skies of Arcadia)

GP3
1. Dream Valley (Nights)
2. Chilly Castle (Billy Hatcher)
3. Graffiti City (Jet Set Radio)
4. Sanctuary Falls (Sonic & Knuckles)

GP4
1. Graveyard Gig (House of the Dead)
2. Adder’s Lair (Golden Axe)
3. Burning Depths (Burning Rangers)
4. Race of Ages (Sega Tribute Level)

GP5 (Note These Are All From The Last Game)
1. Sunshine Tour (Samba De Amigo)
2. Shibuya Downtown (Jet Set Radio)
3. Roulette Road (Sonic Heroes)
4. Egg Hangar (Sonic 2/Sonic 3)

Source: TSSZ

jeremy1456

So apparently a couple leaks got through again. According to Sega forums, this was confirmed by Steve Lycett of Sumo.

GP1

GP2

GP3
1. Dream Valley (Nights)

GP4

If they can't spell
'Rogue'
right I have a hard to believing this leak.

Mesoian

GP1

GP2

GP3
1. Dream Valley (Nights)

GP4

::Eyeroll:: So it's just the Sonic Tennis line up plus nights and Vyse. Pretty disappointing.

Dev confirmed the leaks. Some Toys R Us is selling it early in the US somewhere.

TWO WEEKS EARLY!?!? That's nuts! why have final copies even been shipped? I wasn't even aware the game was gold yet.

@MUWANdo

Banned
::Eyeroll:: So it's just the Sonic Tennis line up plus nights and Vyse. Pretty disappointing.

Nights was already in Sega Tennis, wasn't he? Pretty sure Joe Musashi is also new. They haven't revealed the whole roster, so don't get too mad just yet.

Mesoian

One week early, no? Nov. 18th release?

20th. But yes, you're right. For some reason, I've convinced myself that the game isn't coming out until after thanksgiving.

Dude it's out in 5 days. Even if it was out in 2 weeks, it would have had to have gone gold. No one cuts it that close.

Ain't no release schedule like a sega release schedule cuz a sega release schedule don't make no sense.

That being said, now that the game is in the wild, I'd REALLY like to know the full roster.

RedBoot

Huh, I thought there were 29 characters? With Pudding, and adding in the Mii and the Avatars, that only makes 24. We know there's one unrevealed character left, but how would you account for the other 4?

Unless...if Nights/Nightopian and Reala/Nightmarean count as two each, and the final, unrevealed character is 3 in one...that would make the math work. But that would be kind of weird. Having three characters in one would be the ultimate fanservice though.

Either way, sounds like no TJ&E or Alex Kidd. Sad.

kunonabi

Huh, I thought there were 29 characters? With Pudding, and adding in the Mii and the Avatars, that only makes 24. We know there's one unrevealed character left, but how would you account for the other 4?

Unless...if Nights/Nightopian and Reala/Nightmarean count as two each, and the final, unrevealed character is 3 in one...that would make the math work. But that would be kind of weird. Having three characters in one would be the ultimate fanservice though.

Either way, sounds like no TJ&E or Alex Kidd. Sad.

Leak is seemingly ruling out Ryo and the VF characters as well. I think I'm officially skipping with this roster. I loved the original and I could really go for a nice racer for launch but I'm just not a fan of how they're handling this.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Leak is seemingly ruling out Ryo and the VF characters as well. I think I'm officially skipping with this roster. I loved the original and I could really go for a nice racer for launch but I'm just not a fan of how they're handling this.

It's not ruling out anyone, dude's still unlocking stuff.

RedBoot

It's not ruling out anyone, dude's still unlocking stuff.

There's 24 spots on the screenshot, which is of the 360 version. There's seven spots left, and he's missing Eggman, Gum, Nights, Reala, Joe, and Gillius. So that leaves one racer left.

It's entirely possible Ryo, VF characters, Alex Kidd, TJ&E, Pepsiman, Kazuma Kiryu, Flicky, and whoever else you can think of could be in that last spot. But it will only be one of them (or three if my theory is correct).

Disappointed about the roster, Vyse and Joe aside. The tracks on the other hand, are a pleasant surprise. Can't say I was expecting
Burning Rangers
to be repped in any way at all, track or otherwise.

I'm guessing
Sanctuary Falls is Sky Sanctuary?

Top Bottom