• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

This was fun, I wrote a script to scrape the steam marketplace every 5 minutes for any items I have in my inventory worth more than $7 and sell them for a penny less than the highest price.

U0gpZc7.png

Not bad for only running it two days.

You could get banned for that, you know.

Megasoum

Banned
Your guess is as good as ours.

I would say there is a good chance for tomorrow. Everyone be picking up Morrowind.

Wasn't this game looking pretty bad? Anything changed on that front?

They already annouced all the sales during the stream last night. Elder Scroll tomorrow and Dishonored on Sunday.

Grief.exe

Sega could be acquiring Atlus.

Probably a best case scenario in terms of getting more Japanese games on Steam.

Bloomberg Japan is reporting that 20 or so companies, including Sega, are interesting in bidding on the various subsidiaries of Atlus’ parent company, Index Corporation, is rumored to be selling off.

According to sources close to the situation, candidates will be picked as early as next week, and the business will be transferred by the end of August.

The report on Bloomberg stated the bid has gone as high as ¥20 billion yen ($201 million), which is ¥5 billion more than what Index estimated.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/02/seg...-subsidiaries-at-atlus-parent-company-report/

They already annouced all the sales during the stream last night. Elder Scroll tomorrow and Dishonored on Sunday.

Well there is the answer then.

I think this was Jase's exact guesses too.

Labadal

If you want the best rpg of the generation, Fallout: New Vegas - Ultimate edition at 70% OFF is your best chance to get it for chump change.

liezryou

This was fun, I wrote a script to scrape the steam marketplace every 5 minutes for any items I have in my inventory worth more than $7 and sell them for a penny less than the highest price.

U0gpZc7.png

Not bad for only running it two days.

You know they actually ban for using scripts on market... Be careful.

Deadbeat

Banned
On a scale of Thief to Thief 3 (i.e. best to worst), where would you place Dark Mod based on the missions you've played?
I cant remember the names of the missions I played as its been a couple years. The mod also has been vastly improved since I played it. Im waiting for the standalone version to take another spin through and play a few more missions. With that said and from when I played it and the few missions that I played, I will say that they are better than some of Thief 3's levels. The missions have a better sense of throwing you to the wolves. Its like "heres a fort get inside and loot/complete objective" and you figure it out.

Since its community made missions, some are great and some were pretty bad. You can look up the best missions considered by the community and then watch maybe one of them on youtube.
I hope you're not expecting anything other than Dishonored and Elder Scrolls to cover the final two Dailies of the sale.
Thats exactly what I want.

Grief.exe

I feel like they just rushed out the Ducktales page and threw any old screenshot they could find. The newer stuff looked much better. C'mon Wayforward/Capcom.

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/237630/

I really hope they don't rush it. I'd love for them to take their time and make an amazing game.

That background and the color for Remastered were a bad pick.

You can barely see the words. Especially when the image is downsampled, like on the store page.

Old-ass frame grabs from months ago. Can't they call someone at WayForward and ask for some decent shots? Sheesh.

We can pretty much guarantee some Capcom employee put up that page.

Its crazy how many examples of Capcom just not giving a fuck you can come up with.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I cant remember the names of the missions I played as its been a couple years. The mod also has been vastly improved since I played it. Im waiting for the standalone version to take another spin through and play a few more missions. With that said and from when I played it and the few missions that I played, I will say that they are better than some of Thief 3's levels. The missions have a better sense of throwing you to the wolves. Its like "heres a fort get inside and loot/complete objective" and you figure it out.

Since its community made missions, some are great and some were pretty bad. You can look up the best missions considered by the community and then watch maybe one of them on youtube.

Thanks for the link. It'll come in handy when the standalone version releases.

Edit: As an aside, I actually consider Thief 2 to be the best of the bunch... I didn't realise I'd buggered that up.

Thats exactly what I want.

In that case, you're in luck!

Grief.exe

Why would an Ubisoft employee put up the page for a Capcom game?

I'm sorry, I meant Capcom.

Probably because I was just reading a Blacklist thread, but its funny because I was thinking about Breath of Fire 6 right when I was writing that. Go figure.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Why would an Ubisoft employee put up the page for a Capcom game?

They are really dedicated to putting up shitty quality screen grabs.

They have a 100 person team made up of people from many cultural, religious, and social backgrounds entirely dedicated to it.

Acccent

They are really dedicated to putting up shitty quality screen grabs.

They have a 100 person team made up of people from many cultural, religious, and social backgrounds entirely dedicated to it.

Hahaha :D

Seriously though, the amount of fucks given by Ubi is in most cases inversely proportional to the amount of fucks they appear to give :(

I feel like they just rushed out the Ducktales page and threw any old screenshot they could find. The newer stuff looked much better. C'mon Wayforward/Capcom.

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/237630/

I really hope they don't rush it. I'd love for them to take their time and make an amazing game.

I can't get over how UGLY this game looks. The background, foreground AND the sprites do NOT match. They advertise it as being 'handcrafted', but it looks like it got made in six months on a tight budget.

Finally got Teleglitch (thank you Amazon), now this is my kind of roguelike. It is really good. I don't mind the graphic style, but I bet a few might not like it. Controls are tight, every bullet counts, and it gets insanely intense when you're low on health and supplies

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It's U$14.99 for US and Capcom put it for R$39.99 for Brazil (U$20.00) I'll pass.
lol, they managed to go even higher than the current exchange rate (which is already above local Steam prices). Not even wishlisting this for now.

Knurek

So would a new Mega Man game.

But Capcom seems to have an aversion to that too.

We almost got the perfect Mega Man-vania with the ZX series. I would like to see them pick that up again.

That's not Capcom though, they just published the games. Inti Creates developed them.

So would a new Mega Man game.

But Capcom seems to have an aversion to that too.

We almost got the perfect Mega Man-vania with the ZX series. I would like to see them pick that up again.

Even just releasing MM9 +10 (bundle for $10) would be the easiest cash-grab in history. A new (good) MMX would make heads explode.

Trying to understand Japanese companies is just impossible. I was the biggest weeaboo during the PSOne/PS2 days, but it's impossible to defend this shit.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Capcom was going to release a new Mega Man, but we're gonna fail the Ducktales test. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom