• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

We can still laugh at your tiny penis resolution.

image.php

Gbraga

Fuck it, bought anyway. I'll see what happens :) Do they email your steam codes to you ? Obviously they haven't got the codes for it just yet so I guess closer to the time.

They'll either e-mail you or it'll appear on your account (maybe both?)

Probably works the same way as GMG, however that works (really can't remember right now)

Morning:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hydrophobia -- MB-FA93BA14ED357F6A - Taken by Kifimbo

BadAss2961

Hey guys, from time to time I get a weird thing in Dark Souls - it's like I just killed something and I get the experience but the "pixie dust" is coming from above my head and is gold-ish. Is that explained later in the game (I'm in... Blighttown...) and if it isn't, can someone here tell me what it means?
Whenever that happens to me, I got an estus flask somehow. I have no idea how it happens though.

Salsa

i'd feel kinda dumb with a Titan playing Spelunky 24/7

if I can max Battlefield 4 with the 680 without issues then I doubt i'll update until 9XX even

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
They'll either e-mail you or it'll appear on your account (maybe both?)

Probably works the same way as GMG, however that works (really can't remember right now)

Yeah I'm guessing it will but no worries, not hard to navigate my account anyway on the store. :)

Grief.exe

It's the best digital store in Brazil, I always buy things there, they're legit :)

The Bureau is also cheap there.

EDIT: Titanfall is ~$45 there, which is pretty good since as far as I know it's 60 in the US, right?

You should wait.

There is a potential for Respawn to publish Titanfall on Steam.

if I can max Battlefield 4 with the 680 without issues then I doubt i'll update until 9XX even

You wont need to upgrade from a 680 for a long, long time.

Gbraga

I hope we can wait that much. I have no issue with a late 2014 upgrade, but it'd be cool to be able to wait at least until Cyberpunk 2077 comes out so we can base our upgrades on that. I'd cry if I just upgraded my rig and still couldn't play it at 60fps.

If I actually start playing the games I own though, it'd be way easier to wait as long as necessary with a backlog like that...

Kifimbo

Thanks toddhunter. My turn:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gratuitous Space Battles -- MB-69AB24DB6C0CA035

Salsa

Can you elaborate a little bit?

The EA partners games that are published on Steam tend to be smaller bets than their bigger games. Both Battlefield 4 and Titanfall are gonna draw an audience to wherever they show up, so putting it on Origin makes sense from their perspective, if they wanna get people into it.

Grief.exe

The EA partners games that are published on Steam tend to be smaller bets than their bigger games. Both Battlefield 4 and Titanfall are gonna draw an audience to wherever they show up, so putting it on Origin makes sense from their perspective, if they wanna get people into it.

I think you have to separate this from EA. Yes, it would be advantageous to EA to only allow it to be published through Origin.

Its not up to EA whether it gets put up on Steam. That is the partners program. They don't control the IP, and they don't control where it gets published.

If Respawn wants to get people into their game, they will want to put it on as many store fronts as possible.

Dawg

Im gonna wait till the 8000 or 9000 Nvidia series since the 7000-series would be a waste of money.

One zero too much, hombre.

The 7xx is excellent, but not if you're coming from 6xx

The GTX 780 is equal to a titan though, and that's like 2x gtx 680

Salsa

I think you have to separate this from EA. Yes, it would be advantageous to EA to only allow it to be published through Origin.

Its not up to EA whether it gets put up on Steam. That is the partners program. They don't control the IP, and they don't control where it gets published.

If Respawn wants to get people into their game, they will want to put it on as many store fronts as possible.

I think their deal goes deeper than something like Shank, at least in terms of how they promote it

we'll see tho. Respawn guys do like steam

I'm sure there are ways and means for EA to get what they want.

It is probably a tough call. If it is on origin, they will help push their service. On the other hand having it on steam might cement it as "the game" that everybody plays.

To me having "the game" now that COD seems like it is declining is going to be much more important. ... So that means EA will somehow make it Origin exclusive for sure.

Can someone give me a summary of Sleeping Dogs (Gameplay and Story [no spoilers])? I liked the demo, but I still don't know if I wan't it.

Nice hand to hand combat, rare use of firearms. Three xp pools boosted by buffs and clothing. Lots of collectibles.

Story is basically: How far will this cop go to take these crooks down?

Grief.exe

Can someone give me a summary of Sleeping Dogs (Gameplay and Story [no spoilers])? I liked the demo, but I still don't know if I wan't it.

My LTTP game of 2012.

United Front basically looked at GTAIV and said, 'how can we make the mechanics and gamplay better in literally every single way?'

Buy the game.

I'm sure there are ways and means for EA to get what they want.

It is probably a tough call. If it is on origin, they will help push their service. On the other hand having it on steam might cement it as "the game" that everybody plays.

To me having "the game" now that COD seems like it is declining is going to be much more important. ... So that means EA will somehow make it Origin exclusive for sure.

Respawn also has ways to get what they want. They were a very sought after developer when they first left Activision.

They had a good amount of leverage in that contract negotiation. Whether they had the foresight to get the ability to self-publish on Steam remains to be seen.

I think their deal goes deeper than something like Shank, at least in terms of how they promote it

we'll see tho. Respawn guys do like steam

In that case, the deal would go deeper then just about every EA Partners game released as well.

Obviously it is all speculation, and I always take the underdog, optimistic, and the pick that benefits myself.

Respawn also has ways to get what they want. They were a very sought after developer when they first left Activision.

They had a good amount of leverage in that contract negotiation. Whether they had the foresight to get the ability to self-publish on Steam remains to be seen.

They hopefully did. But even then a truck full of money parked outside for their next deal can be hard to turn down.

Time will tell. Either way It'll be price gouged to hell anyway.

Speaking of which, Rayman Legends...isn't price gouged. You also get a free rayman origins with the preorder.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242550/

captured4rns.png

Copons

They hopefully did. But even then a truck full of money parked outside for their next deal can be hard to turn down.

Time will tell. Either way It'll be price gouged to hell anyway.

Speaking of which, Rayman Legends...isn't price gouged. You also get a free rayman origins with the preorder.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242550/

captureg3xa9.png

Man everytime I look at Rayman Legends screenshots I think at Duck Tales ones and the comparison is totally unmerciful... :/

Somebody earlier was asking why on DT store page there were just jungle shots. Well they're like the only decent ones.

I can't believe a major is going to put out a game that look like this in 2013.
Ducktales_Remastered_large_verge_medium_landscape.png

Man everytime I look at Rayman Legends screenshots I think at Duck Tales ones and the comparison is totally unmerciful... :/

The difference is pretty huge.

I still wish Ubisoft would drop Rayman and make a new IP. I love the graphics and gameplay, but I hate the characters and art-style so much.

Will still get it if no uplay.

Echoplx

Can't wait till Gunpoint gets workshop support, there's so much potential for amazing level designs with all the different mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom