• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One review embargoes lift Nov 19th (Tuesday 9PM PT/12AM EST)

Well, the Ryse embargo is Thursday at 6 AM EST, so it's not right at midnight launch...

Monday, November 18 at 6am PT/9am ET

Dead Rising 3
Killer Instinct
LocoCycle
Crimson Dragon
Powerstar Golf
Zoo Tycoon

Tuesday, November 19 at 9pm PT/11:59pm ET
Xbox One hardware/platform

Wednesday, November 20 at 6am PT/9am ET
Forza Motorsport 5

Thursday, November 21 at 3am PT/6am ET
Ryse: Son of Rome

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/15/where-are-igns-xbox-one-reviews

Whoo

It's PS4 day, but what about the Xbox One? Don't worry. We'll be getting to it. We'll have a review of Microsoft's console live on Kotaku at 9pm PT on Tuesday, November 19 (that's midnight on Tuesday for those of us on the east coast). The system launches on Friday, the 22nd.

Sony allowed us to review their console and launch games all at the same time. Microsoft is doing things a little differently, staggering review embargoes throughout next week. Look for Dead Rising 3 and Crimson Dragon reviews as soon as Monday and Ryse on Thursday.

http://kotaku.com/heads-up-our-xbox-one-review-will-run-on-tuesday-night-1465171347

61880-George-Michael-its-happening-i-dNrF.gif

mcrommert

Banned
Ryse embargo expires on launch night eh?

Huh.

har...i believe they mean Thursday during the day which could be as early as 24 hours before launch

Mostly it seems this strategy is to blanket the week with reviews so the news never tapers off...seems like a good idea

Here are my predictions:

Ryse will be obliterated. It's probably the best-looking launch title on either system but I keep hearing nothing but bad things about the rest of it.

Dead Rising 3 will be 7s and 8s. Most popular second purchase.

Forza 5 will be the PGR3 of this launch, the clear #1 choice.

Crimson Dragon, I have no idea. Could go either way.

Zoo Tycoon will be surprise package, no-one's talking about it because it's not sexy but it might wind up as one of the highest-rated and most fun games.

Xater

Here are my predictions:

Ryse will be obliterated. It's probably the best-looking launch title on either system but I keep hearing nothing but bad things about the rest of it.

Zoo Tycoon will be surprise package, no-one's talking about it because it's not sexy but it might wind up as one of the highest-rated and most fun games.

Played it at Gamescom. It's very shallow and was a technical mess at that point.

Silky

Banned
Only reviews I'm really looking forward to are KI and Crimson Dragon. But the press is pretty shit when it comes to reviewing fighters

I can't wait to see how the reviews turn out, but i must say that this is an awesome time to be a gamer.

Too bad real life stuff like work and money get in the way of really enjoying games. =)

FuturusX

Here are my predictions:

So generally terrible all around then? :)

mcrommert

Banned
Here are my predictions:

Honestly from some of the Previews i think Ryse will be polarizing...some will love it some will hate it (looking at you GI)

I think score wise it will end of in Killzone SF area on Metacritic (70's)

REV 09

Damn, Ryse has too much potential. I hope it gets a sequel that is fully realized. That embargo better not hit at midnight.

Zyae

Im expecting 6-7s from ryse and im buying it anyway for just a dumb beautiful action game with MP elements. Excited

Justin

It seems most of the press recieved their systems earlier this week so it will be interesting to see what the reviews look like after having longer exposure to the system than the ps4

Xbox One only needs one truly great exclusive game to beat PS4's launch. I think Forza will clear that bar and I think there's a good chance of a surprise second as well, either Zoo Tycoon or Crimson Dragon.

How about Killer Instinct? They're pushing that one almost as hard as Forza, and I definitely preferred it to Dragon

How about Killer Instinct? They're pushing that one almost as hard as Forza, and I definitely preferred it to Dragon
Oh shit, I totally forgot about Killer Instinct. I think that one actually has the best chance of being the top-rated game along with Forza, relegating Dead Rising 3 to a third purchase if people want to go that deep.

Xater

Xbox One only needs one truly great exclusive game to beat PS4's launch. I think Forza will clear that bar and I think there's a good chance of a surprise second as well, either Zoo Tycoon or Crimson Dragon.

Killer Instinct is a bette game than either. it lacks in content, but it also isn't full price.

Top Bottom