• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN (Vita/PSP/PS4/PS3) Downloads Thread Z | January 2014 | The Legendary Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

izTGzLJo3QCur.jpg

iXtPH2mNzRhQi.jpg

They made Hulu a VitaTV exclusive app in Japan ...

Morons.

lakers

Neo Member
How do you get the alternate endings in Murumasa? Do you have to play through the game again from the beginning or just use certain blades on the final boss?

Finished my first playthrough really enjoyed it

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
All right everyone, with the new year in progress, your thread is getting an upgrade as part of our platform thread revamp.

Yes, an upgrade.

So basically, we've refactored the threads the combine the downloads/service focused threads since based on the vendor since they share the same backbone networks, and (especially in the case of PlayStation) sometimes feature crossplay.

Basically:
-Steam covers most of PC/Mac/Linux
-iOS covers iPad/iPhone/iPod
-Nintendo downloads covers 3DS/Wii U
-If they ever actually put it up, Xbox Downloads will cover 360 and Xbox One
-And as such, we'd like to make these threads cover Vita *and* PS3/PS4

Ideally what we'd like from you is to keep the same format, but add in PS3 and PS4 games to the OP as well. Ideally note things that are crossplay or on multiple PlayStation platforms as well, which tends to be a rather large number of games these days.

This should also help out in any dry spell months for any given platform.

It would be great if you could update the OP of this thread itself, and then I'll update the title to reflect the new more expansive topic domain.

All right everyone, with the new year in progress, your thread is getting an upgrade as part of our platform thread revamp.

Yes, an upgrade.

So basically, we've refactored the threads the combine the downloads/service focused threads since based on the vendor since they share the same backbone networks, and (especially in the case of PlayStation) sometimes feature crossplay.

Basically:

Ideally what we'd like from you is to keep the same format, but add in PS3 and PS4 games to the OP as well. Ideally note things that are crossplay or on multiple PlayStation platforms as well, which tends to be a rather large number of games these days.

It would be great if you could update the OP of this thread itself, and then I'll update the title to reflect the new more expansive topic domain.

This is going to end well. :lol

ramyeon

Yes, an upgrade.

Basically:

This doesn't make sense.

I don't own a ps3 or 4 but a vita and come here for that discussion alone. Any Vita discussion is going to be absolutely drowned amongst PS3/4 discussion.

I really can't think of any reason why this is necessary.

This doesn't make sense.

I don't own a ps3 or 4 but a vita and come here for that discussion alone. Any Vita discussion is going to be absolutely drowned amongst PS3/4 discussion.

Yep, I don't like this at all

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This doesn't make sense.

The idea is refocusing all the threads on the storefronts, quick impressions, small questions, and etc rather than suctioning up the vast majority of discussion of a platform into one thread.

The other option was nuking the thread into oblivion, but I argued you'd like this better!

micster

The Vita is - lets be honest - a niche community. Having this thread is always a lovely read because it's people who have the system discussing titles you might not've heard of and sharing information to other Vita owners. It's a thread I don't think I really see drop off the first page either, which is awesome. That also shows that it's really bloody popular. Add PS3 and PS4 discussion into the mix and the thread will just balloon and, as has been said, Vita discussion will get completely blindsided and ignored by the bigger PS3 and PS4 audience share.

Also Vita is in a near permanent dry spell and the thread never seems to come under any trouble.

Flandy

Yes, an upgrade.

Basically:

boo-this-man.gif

I come to this thread because I have nowhere else to talk about Vita. I can talk about PS3/PS4 anywhere else. :(

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The Vita is - lets be honest - a niche community. Having this thread is always a lovely read because it's people who have the system discussing titles you might not've heard of and sharing information to other Vita owners. It's a thread I don't think I really see drop off the first page either, which is awesome. That also shows that it's really bloody popular. Add PS3 and PS4 discussion into the mix and the thread will just balloon and, as has been said, Vita discussion will get completely blindsided and ignored by the bigger PS3 and PS4 audience share.

Also Vita is in a near permanent dry spell and the thread never seems to come under any trouble.

In theory the vast, vast majority of PS3 and PS4 discussion would be happening outside the thread anyway.

I'll be honest, I don't think the general discussion will change that much.

maouvin

Any Vita discussion is going to be absolutely drowned amongst PS3/4 discussion.

The other option makes even less sense. Why not just leave it be? It's not doing any harm to anyone. People have general Vita discussion here and if they want to discuss in depth about particular titles they go to the OTs for those titles. There's no other thread to have the discussions we have here with as wide a group of people.

If it's not broken, why fix it?

Aye, indeed.

ramyeon

The idea is refocusing all the threads on the storefronts, quick impressions, small questions, and etc rather than suctioning up the vast majority of discussion of a platform into one thread.

The other option was nuking the thread into oblivion, but I argued you'd like this better!
The other option makes even less sense. Why not just leave it be? It's not doing any harm to anyone. People have general Vita discussion here and if they want to discuss in depth about particular titles they go to the OTs for those titles. There's no other thread to have the discussions we have here with as wide a group of people.

Skyzard

Banned
I don't care really because I imagine it won't really change too much due to no one bothering to put in the effort for the other platforms in this thread (not just the OP), including ps3/4 fans but does that mean the Steam, GMG, Origins, uPlay etc threads should combine too?

If this thread did split up/get nuked into the normal board it would be 'better' for more vita discussion but we lose that community. Meh, let's see.

I agree.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

The issue becomes that we frequently get lobbied for platform threads and it's not really sensible to put all PS4 or Xbox One, or Wii U discussion on earth in one thread given the scope of the platforms.

On the other hand we did move everyone else to this format kicking and screaming over the years anyway, so it's you know, kind of fair to them to follow through.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't care really because I imagine it won't really change too much due to no one bothering to put in the effort for the other platforms, including ps3/4 fans but does that mean the Steam, GMG, Origins, uPlay etc threads should combine too?

If this thread did split up into the normal board it would be better for more vita discussion but we lose that community.

They usually actually do get posted into the Steam thread as well.

Honestly, I don't think you'll get drowned out because most of the other platform discussions will be in their other threads anyway. I'm just asking you to list the full list of releases and sales in the OP.

VanWinkle

Yes, an upgrade.

Basically:

So like a Playstation Network thread. Hmm...I don't know how some of our Vitagaf members will take it, but I understand the reasoning.

Skyzard

Banned
Just need to put PS3/4 games coming out during the month in the OP basically? We still get the weekly PSN thread as well for separate releases...

Why not I guess, could do with some more folks to turn into vitaconverts :D

No one is going to ever read the OP though, even less than now :p Gonna have to do some major class bolding, sorry for the unpaid overtime, Aytrial.

sajj316

As much as I would love to have a dedicated thread, I understand why you are doing this. I would like moderators to watch the thread carefully so it doesn't turn into a "well vita sucks because ps3/ps4 got versions and no one cares for a dead platform" thread.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Honestly with the amount of cross-play and cross-platform games I think you guys will actually have more people to talk about games that are on multiple platforms.

I come to this thread because I have nowhere else to talk about Vita.

Ideally this will encourage people to actually make threads to talk about Vita-related stuff. This thread roars along at high speed, the Vita has a lot of software at this point and the userbase seems to have picked up some from its lowest point. Threads about individual Vita games are often quite popular and there's a lot of stuff to talk about these days.

In general, our motivation here is to get all the platform-oriented threads on the same page, and also to make it so that when game discussion is happening in platform threads it's at least coalesced in a single, logical place. It really makes no sense to have discussion about something like Guacamelee or Spelunky split between multiple PS3/Vita/potentially PS4 threads when a lot of the time people are playing the same save in multiple places.

Also, every other dedicated system gets by without a platform-specific haven thread, so I think Vita can hack it too.

KaOTiK

Banned
Just a heads up to those talking about the PSN $10 credit for doing the $50 paypal thing. I saw a lot of people thinking it would just show up on their PSN account. It wont, they will email you a code that you have to redeem on PSN to add the $10 credit to your account (that code expires Feb 6th, but the credit itself does not expire once added to your account).

EDIT:

Literally as I hit post reply, I check my email and my $10 credit code is in my email. Check for them now guys!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
As much as I would love to have a dedicated thread, I understand why you are doing this. I would like moderators to watch the thread carefully so it doesn't turn into a "well vita sucks because ps3/ps4 got versions and no one cares for a dead platform" thread.

That is completely fair and everyone should feel free to PM me if they feel people are getting out of line.

I'm not complaining but I like this thread because I see it as a refuge from the Vita bashing that goes on in the other threads.
The community here is also awesome so I don't know how everyone else would feel here.

I subscribe to and read this thread, I'll be subscribed to and read the new thread, and I will definitely heavy-handedly ban any "Vita sucks" discussion. (Or just PM me since I only read the last few pages most days.)

Does Vita bashing really go on that much anymore?

I certainly get the impression that the price drop and dramatically improved software library (plus the awesomeness of PS+) has taken it down a notch.

sajj316

The positive to this being in a position to evangelize the platform within the service. There are plenty of PS3/PS4 only gamers on the PlayStation Plus service that do not understand that benefits extend to other platforms.

The positive to this being in a position to evangelize the platform within the service. There are plenty of PS3/PS4 only gamers on the PlayStation Plus service that do not understand that benefits extend to other platforms.

PS+ was actually my backdoor to Vita ownership. I bought it to get PS3 games, then I felt like I should just get a Vita by default since I had like six games I had already wanted waiting for me to play when I did.

(Of course, then I rebought like 2/3rds of my physical PSP collection digitally during PSN sales.)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Honestly we wouldn't be doing this if we didn't think it would ultimately improve your experience as well.

At least eight mods if not more own Vitas, so it's not like the platform is foreign to us or we want to see it dumped down a drain.

-Digits-

Wow, I did not see that coming. I understand the reasoning, though. Instead of Vitamuffins we'll now be Playstationbros. Maybe it won't be so bad!

I had quietly observed the thread had been reaching "mega-thread" status for some time. I guess I'll start a new thread whenever I want to get a Terraria sesh together!

Not a fan. I know Vita discussions will just get drowned. :/ I like seeing discussions on PSN games here because I know I can play them. I'm even more likely to see niche titles the way things are right now. I ditched my PS3 and I dont have plans to get a PS4 for many years to come. I'll expect a lot of "hey that game sounds awesome, too bad I cant play it".

I really have no interest seeing any discussion for platforms I don't own or use. I mean is there another Vita OT topic I'm missing? This topic kinda became Vita OT.

I plan on picking up a Vita tomorrow. Is going fully digital feasible?

The prices are generally way more reasonable than on other platforms, and as far as security goes you can redownload your games if you ever lost your system. Only big downfall is the memory cards, which are still ridiculously expensive for what they are.

Tapejara

It's a good option, but even with a 32GB card you'll find yourself deleting content quite frequently. This is assuming you'll be buying a lot of games, of course. A few people in this thread have got around the issue by importing the 64GB card.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I certainly get the impression that the price drop and dramatically improved software library (plus the awesomeness of PS+) has taken it down a notch.

I don't get this when it comes to software. The Vita always had a good software library from day 1. Naturally it improved over time just as every platform does, but of all the platforms that could possibly have ever got bashing for "has no games" early in its life, Vita is the one that absolutely never deserved it. Dat launch lineup. Vita had a ton of great games to play on it since day 1.

maouvin

Yes, but you'll need a big memory card, and the 100 icons limit might get in the way to optimal usage of your free space.

I'm doing well full-digital with a 32GB mem card. Carrying ~25 Vita games and 10 PSP/PSM. Will probably need to free some space for the games coming in february.

Then again, there's people here to whom even a 64gb card isn't enough.

So like a Playstation Network thread. Hmm...I don't know how some of our Vitagaf members will take it, but I understand the reasoning.

I understand the reasoning. It's solid.

I just don't think it's going to end well for the VitaGAF community.

As far as the mod's comment about Origin/Uplay/GMG/etc. in the Steam thread (1) usually it seems discussion of those things comes from the tie ins with Steam. There were a couple posts about ME3 being on sale and a slight discussion on KoA:R, but not for long and there were even posts about it being "THE STEAM THREAD" I think.

I still wish they'd just let VitaGAF have a community thread on the other side of things where the Vita owners/lovers could congregate and discuss whatever at will. :\

If Remote Play/Cross Buy takes off with the PS4, it could be the start of something beautiful.

... or we'll get drowned when Infamous comes out. Either one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom