• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 IOT2I Gods Among Losers Final Day - July 14th

Road

Kim x Kim in the final round again. CafeID really made him popular last year.

Verna is a mini Mad KOF. Woo will have to face the master now.

Owensboro

What do the commentators mean when they say "Custom Combo"? I didn't understand it last year, and I don't understand it this year.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Seriously. I remember after last years EVO I bought it because it looks like it plays so well. Then I had no motivation to get better because I had no one to play with :(

I pick it up every now and then. After all this time i still barely know what im doing with one out of my 3 characters.

What do the commentators mean when they say "Custom Combo"? I didn't understand it last year, and I don't understand it this year.

It when you cancel special moves( like a DP) into one another, really increases the damage potential. HD combos are this game's custom combos.

Septimius

I'm a paid viewer, but I had to lower it all the way to 360p to get rid of the constant freezes and stuttering :(

It's so strange. I wonder what does this. I was having some problems with 720p+ yesterday, but not today. Why not today?

What I do is just close all other tabs (I keep gaf open in Firefox on the other screen <3), use Chrome, since it handles flash better. Then I set the priority of the processes to 'high', and light a candle to the streaming god Osi.

Tangentially related: why are the French women so obese in the KoF universe? I assume this stage is France of course.

Most of the visible spectators in these stages are lumpy caricatures. The sole exception I know of is the Esaka stage, since they're all teens or something (and even then, they look way goofier than the original version of the stage.)

The chubby French women made more sense in KOF 12, since they were watching the fight at a cafe; here, they're just strewn about. Like a herd.

Rektash

Something about Takuma landing a big combo ist just heavenly. There is a certain rythm to that character that just makes me love watching him.

Tripon

Tangentially related: why are the French women so obese in the KoF universe? I assume this stage is France of course.

Its the opposite of the stereotype that all french people (and women) are skinny. Almost all of the stages in KoF that features people have the background people look freakish somehow. Amazon and India stage are the funniest/racist/best/worst at this. =P

Road

Reynald and Romance discussing who has the best chance of not being blown up by Korea.

HTML5? Hells yes! Everyone should try this! There are so many random problems with flash, it's not even funny.

Opens Flash here (Windows 7 + Firefox).

Top Bottom