• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wollan

For the new page. First and only review so far.

Dubbedinenglish said:
NUZ TIME!!!!!

OPM Review score 5/5

Details from ZBOX of Xbox forums
http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=607190

OPM said:
Killzone 2 - 5/5

"The buddies alongside you in each battle have been expertly tuned to provide just enough cover and support to actively get your back on occasions, while never making it feel like they could acchieve every objective alone."

"...the believability and consistency are hallmarks of the Killzone 2 expereince. None of the circumstances, weapons you find, locations you visit, or frankly any of the details in the world feel arbitrary. The world is consistently realized in its unappealing flavor."

"...filled with moments that can handily be described as inspiring awe"

- bots in offline multiplayer "perform pretty well"

"Without a doubt Killzone fans, action, and shooter fans of any stripe will isntantly tag this sequel as a powerful contender for teh best game of 2009"

nci8tx.gif

Wollan

Other 1st party reviews by OPM-us:

Uncharted [80]
Heavenly Sword [80]
Warhawk [65]
GT5P [80]
MotorStorm: PR [60]
Haze [50]
Lair [50]

These dudes underscore heavily. Add 20 points to W, 25 to M and 10 to U and then we can talk.

In any case, a single person writes a review.

WinFonda

SF IV 5/5
Shaun White Snowboarding 3.5/5
Persona 4 4.5/5
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 4.5/5
Sonic Unleashed 3/5
Rise of the Argonauts 2.5/5
Endwar 3/5

Those were the other scores from the issue, apparently.

WinFonda said:
SF IV 5/5
Shaun White Snowboarding 3.5/5
Persona 4 4.5/5
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 4.5/5
Sonic Unleashed 3/5
Rise of the Argonauts 2.5/5
Endwar 3/5

Those were the other scores from the issue, apparently.

Cries. Had such hopes for that game.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Is KZ2 getting an official thread or is this one it? Since reviews are starting to come out I'd figure it's about time for one to pop up.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Rapping Granny said:
Is OPM and PSM magazine the same thing?

Because they started off the review by saying the first game was mediocre, but they ended up giving it 95% while back. http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/918762.asp
Mmm, well see contrary to general internet belief, the magazines aren't single entities, they don't write themselves. You see, different people write the reviews.

DrPirate

Banned
Wollan said:
Other 1st party reviews by OPM-us:

Uncharted [80]
Heavenly Sword [80]
Warhawk [65]
GT5P [80]
Haze [50]
Lair [50]

These dudes underscore heavily. Add 20 points to W, 25 to M and 10 to U and then we can talk.

So wait...

How did KZ2 get 5/5 if they score on a hundred?

Unless I'm missing something very obvious?

nib95

Banned
A few more PS3 OPM exclusives scores added.

Metal Gear Solid 4 [100]
Uncharted [80]
Heavenly Sword [80]
Warhawk [65]
GT5P [80]
Little Big Planet [100]
Resistance 2 [80]
Valkyria Chronicles [80]
Haze [50]
Lair [50]

Killzone 2 getting a 10/10 looks very, very promising.

EDIT: Seems they gave Resistance 2 an 8/10 (4/5) not 9/10.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DrPirate said:
Oh, very cool, thanks alot.

Guess your tag needs to be changed Kagari.

I only got said tag because Nintendo didn't show Pikmin 3 at E3, even though I was right about Animal Crossing :(

nib95 said:
A few more PS3 OPM exclusives scores added.

Metal Gear Solid 4 [100]
Uncharted [80]
Heavenly Sword [80]
Warhawk [65]
GT5P [80]
Little Big Planet [100]
Resistance 2 [90]
Valkyria Chronicles [80]
Haze [50]
Lair [50]

Killzone 2 getting a 10/10 looks very, very promising.

Well, it's still interesting to see these older score. But 5/5 != 100 , it's another notation system, and there might be some reason. Maybe the game would have had 90 with the older one, which would mean that KZ2 isn't as good as KZ1 :/

nib95

Banned
RockmanWhore said:
Well, it's still interesting to see these older score. But 5/5 != 100 , it's another notation system, and there might be some reason. Maybe the game would have had 90 with the older one, which would mean that KZ2 isn't as good as KZ1 :/

Wow....

vpance

Why were review copies sent out so early anyways? I guess they want early feedback for tweaks on the SP? I'm sure this game will be so polished.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
vpance said:
Why were review copies sent out so early anyways? I guess they want early feedback for tweaks on the SP? I'm sure this game will be so polished.
Print bro, why else. They would get the game like what 2-3 months early then they have to do the whole printing thing. Then the magazine should hit 1 month to 1.5 months before the games release.

J-Rzez

NameIess said:
The gif that started them all...

664vgcp.gif

The game is just the most flat out amazing looking thing in motion. Nothing comes close to the satisfaction of killing peeps as this game gives you. The animations are crazy. When the guy gets rifle butted and staggers back his heel bumps the dead bodies leg even. Insanity.

KZObsessed

So that review is from PlayStation: The Official Magazine which was the former PSM, which changed it's name when OPM got canceled, not to be confused with the UK OPM which still exists...

:lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Private Hoffman said:
Is this worthy of a new thread?
Potentially. This thread is a bit messy at the moment, it would be nice to have a bit of a clean start.

Rez>You said:
Potentially. This thread is a bit messy at the moment, it would be nice to have a bit of a clean start.

yeah, this thread was mainly for the december 4th reveal, and we're in january now

would seem appropriate to have KZ2 review thread or something since it's a bit too early to have the official one

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Private Hoffman said:
yeah, this thread was mainly for the december 4th reveal, and we're in january now

would seem appropriate to have KZ2 review thread or something since it's a bit too early to have the official one

Killzone hype thread? Or did we do that already.

WinFonda

Private Hoffman said:
Is this worthy of a new thread?
I don't think so. It'll be another month before we see another review. A new thread for 1 review is a bit excessive and will get off-topic quickly with so little info, I think.

WinFonda said:
I don't think so. It'll be another month before we see another review. A new thread for 1 review is a bit excessive and will get off-topic quickly with so little info, I think.

Regardless of whether or not there will be another review soon, there will most definitely be new info, media, etc. This thread's topic title is definitely outdated, and the first review is definitely something people will miss out on if they don't see it in a new thread.

Perhaps a KZ2 Review + Hype thread?

RockmanWhore said:

5/5 = 100/100

DrPirate

Banned
Sin said OPM has the exclusive review and he couldn't say a thing until it came out.

I don't know guys....Maybe the review embargo is up alot earlier than we think?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Exclusive reviews are always very suspect and tend to over-score. But on the other hand, the new OPM has basically been Edge-harsh on reviews of some of the best PS3 exclusives. Uncharted, MS2, Warhawk all scored well under their review averages (and in case of MS2 got an even lower score than in Edge).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lord Error said:
Exclusive reviews are always very suspect and tend to over-score. But on the other hand, the new OPM has basically been Edge-harsh on reviews of some of the best PS3 exclusives. Uncharted, MS2, Warhawk all scored well under their review averages (and in case of MS2 got an even lower score than in Edge).

Hopefully they are not compensating with KZ2.

:p

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
TTP said:
Hopefully they are not compensating with KZ2.

:p
Well this will certainly be sort of a test of their dedication to underscore :p So far they almost never gave a score to any big game that was above the industry average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom