• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony vs Microsoft: The First Party Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're actually comparing Bloodborne to Ryse?

youre_serious_futurama.gif

Educate me. Why isn't this a fair comparison?

I-hate-u

The only thing that could be interesting in my eyes is Monster Hunter. Otherwise, mehh.. Deep Down at the moment is an ok game to look forward to for me, but nothing all that special.

Dragon's Dogma would also be quite nice, but MH is a far more interesting catch.

I was thinking DMC, actually.

Educate me. Why isn't this a fair comparison?

Because one is a full fledged RPG with intricate online components, and comes from a lineage of GOAT games, while the other is just a visual masterpiece modern action game with QTEs.

I was thinking DMC, actually.
Ahh, depends which Devil May Cry I suppose. I would under normal circumstances say reboot but that happened and I wasn't the biggest fan. They could always include Nero again and heavily expand on his role. I think Dante at this point is so overpowered, that it's best to let others take over and push the time back quite a bit.

Looks like a slasher? is it an RPG? i'm going by videos
So you're comparing a series that had arguably one of the most loved gameplays of last gen with Ryse, the average gameplay with stunning graphics? That has to be one of the worst comparisons you could have made.

aly

I-hate-u

Ahh, depends which Devil May Cry I suppose. I would under normal circumstances say reboot but that happened and I wasn't the biggest fan. They could always include Nero again and heavily expand on his role. I think Dante at this point is so overpowered, that it's best to let others take over and push the time back quite a bit.

So you're comparing a series that had arguably one of the most loved gameplays of last gen with Ryse, the average gameplay with stunning graphics? That has to be one of the worst comparisons you could have made.

I want a full fledged DMC4 sequel. Come back Vergil, pls.

All i saw was pitch black graphics with dude swinging sword. Is it like Dark souls? ok, different game. My apologies, geesh.

Its okay breh. Souls games are the best of last gen, so naturally, few games can compare.

All i saw was pitch black graphics with dude swinging sword. Is it like Dark souls? ok, different game. My apologies, geesh.

You not knowing anything about the game is not the problem. You trying to put across a well informed opinion when you know nothing however, is.

On a side note i love this so much:
"All i saw was pitch black graphics with dude swinging sword"

I want a full fledged DMC4 sequel. Come back Vergil, pls.

Its okay breh. Souls games are the best of last gen, so naturally, few games can compare.
I know this is off topic but holy crap the last match in that manga of your DP was fucking terrible. I was surprised his hair didn't turn yellow from Kagami becoming Super Sayian with the asspulls that followed that match. -_-

DMC4 sequel would be stunning. I think they can expand on the world itself to be honest and get away from Dante. Though I'm not sure how many fans would be ok with that...

Verendus

Banned
Sony/Capcom one isn't too surprising due to some of the vague tweets from Ono (pictures from China when he thanked SCEJ employees, meeting with SCEA, etc) + the LinkedIn information he removed.

I have no idea what the Sega one is. It's not Yazuka, Miku, or Persona, right?
It's nothing like those, they're all Sega productions (I don't even know what Miku is, first I'm hearing of it).

If I break down what I know of certain upcoming titles in terms of genres:

4 RPGs (this includes the announced Bloodborne)
3 TPS (this includes The Order and Uncharted 4)
3 Horror (this includes Until Dawn)
3 Action/Adventure (all unannounced, one will be the GOW shake-up)
3 Platformers (includes LBP3 and Tearaway)
1 Arcade racer (unannounced)
1 Stealth (unannounced)
1 Brawler (unannounced - think like that old PS1 game Fighting Force)
1 Fighter (unannounced)

The Sony/Capcom and Sony/Sega projects fit into those. I would personally put Bloodborne into Action/Adventure but GAF has always referred to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls as RPGs (I wouldn't really know since I never played them), so I've been following suit pretty much whenever I talk about it. Someone will also probably be begging Konami to get something off the ground, but we'll have to see about that since they're about to shit out 3 Metal Gear games in the next 6 years.

Looks like a slasher? is it an RPG? i'm going by videos

Would it be possible to locate your cave using google maps? oh never mind google! I will send you gaming related news using pigeons and ravens, or you might find it on the ground next to the king's castle. just be ware of the guards and the barbarians.

I know you know Bloodborne

Bloodborne |OT| All i saw was pitch black graphics with dude swinging sword.

This has to be the OT for Bloodborne it just has to.

Oh dear. Your a smart one

I saw roughly 4min of gameplay, not one time did a menu come up showing anything resembling RPG.

Sorry i didn't educate myself on the level of gameplay bloodborne will be offering fans of Dark Souls.

B.O.O.M

It's nothing like those, they're all Sega productions (I don't even know what Miku is, first I'm hearing of it).

1 Stealth (unannounced)
1 Fighter (unannounced)

The Sony/Capcom and Sony/Sega projects fit into those.

If this is legit I hope the fighter is the Capcom game

and IF that's also true then I fking hope it's not SF! or SF vs God knows what else....bring back an old IP or make a new one

One of the horror games is the Bend game I reckon...Did you put that Let it die or whatever game by Suda under this too?

Biker19

Banned
Second party is a made up bullshit term. If it's published by a platformer holder, it's first party, regardless of who made it, or who owns the IP.

I'll have to agree with this. There's no such thing as 2nd party games unless otherwise stated officially.

Chobel

1 Stealth (unannounced)
1 Fighter (unannounced)

The Sony/Capcom and Sony/Sega projects fit into those. I would personally put Bloodborne into Action/Adventure but GAF has always referred to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls as RPGs (I wouldn't really know since I never played them), so I've been following suit pretty much whenever I talk about it.

Is there overlap in that list? Like one game being TPS and Horror?

StuBurns

Banned
I would personally put Bloodborne into Action/Adventure but GAF has always referred to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls as RPGs (I wouldn't really know since I never played them), so I've been following suit pretty much whenever I talk about it.
They're pretty much the text-book definition of an Action RPG. They're Zelda with extensive character customization.

aly

It's fine. I just think that other than genre, there is legitimate hype behind Bloodborne due to its background and that's very different from what happened with Ryse.

I-hate-u

I know this is off topic but holy crap the last match in that manga of your DP was fucking terrible. I was surprised his hair didn't turn yellow from Kagami becoming Super Sayian with the asspulls that followed that match. -_-

DMC4 sequel would be stunning. I think they can expand on the world itself to be honest and get away from Dante. Though I'm not sure how many fans would be ok with that...

Da hell lol? My avatar is from Slam Dunk.

stryke

1 Stealth (unannounced)
1 Fighter (unannounced)

RIP Polyphony Digital

Kayant

No idea about Wipeout. Maybe you'll get something similar to Rollcage in the future though. London will do something more core oriented, but you'll be waiting.

It gives an idea to expect something more, rather than thinking SCE has announced all their big titles, which one could easily assume due to how 2014 has turned out and the fact that there are quite a few games already due in 2015 (Bloodborne, Order, UC4, Until Dawn, Ratchet, Tearaway etc.). It's not like you'll know a lot more about the title or anything if I tell you this studio is developing it. Not to mention, I also have a limited idea about some of them, so I share what I realistically can.

If I say this is some of what's coming for you in the next two years:

Bloodborne
The Order: 1886
Uncharted 4
Until Dawn
The Last Guardian
Gran Turismo
Sly 5
Sony Bend Project
Guerilla Hybrid project
Sony/Sega project
Sony/Capcom project

What do you learn of the titles who I've just put developers for?

Last guardian within two years!!!!

What??..?

So you are saying there is a chance for Dragon Dogma 2
If only :(

Chobel

Let's hope that Verendus forgot about Ratchet and Clank and it's the not 3rd platformer game, I could use more platformers in my life.

Verendus

Banned
Then that's a lot games :)
Another question: should we expect that most of them will make it before 2017?
I'd say all of those will have seen the light of day by the end of 2017, barring 2-3 at most. It's not a comprehensive list either. For example, Sucker Punch is not included, amongst other already announced games. It's going to be a good few years starting from 2015. Much less FPS focus this generation though, and more on action/adventure titles along with titles with RPG elements.

Only 3? What does Ratchet and Clank qualify as? I would presume that is a platformer foremost, but then isn't Sly as well?
I didn't include them. It's more of a traditional platformer which is why. I imagine it'll feel more similar to stuff like Tearaway and LBP3 than it would to Ratchet and Sly.

Oh, and I guess it also doesn't take into account the potential "Return of the Knack".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom