• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm actually using it for
FA
and I managed to get walking Chespin done.

However the site has a terrible shit with transparency so I made this.

chespinwalkj9s0v.gif

Oh yeah, forgot about the 50kb limit thing :/

I'm actually using it for
FA
and I managed to get walking Chespin done.

However the site has a terrible shit with transparency so I made this.

http://www.abload.de/img/chespinwalkj9s0v.gif[IMG]

Oh yeah, forgot about the 50kb limit thing :/[/QUOTE]

I stole ffdgh's idea to crop out Chespin, and I removed a ton of frames. Got the size down to 47.13 KBs.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mQxvOc0.gif

Maedhros

Well, they do carry different meanings, which are useful for trading/battling.

Legal means that the Pokemon has stats, moves, natures, etc. that are consistent with it being caught in a specific location, at a specific time, under a specific condition, or bred under XYZ circumstance - that is, it looks like it has been caught/bred. Clones are legal, for example. RNG'd pokes are legal also. Pokemon with undistributed Hidden Abilities are illegal, even if the spread is good. Pokemon with distributed Hidden Abilities which are female can be illegal if all the ones that have the HA are distributed as male.

Legit is similar to legal, except the Pokemon was actually "caught"/bred in some way. This is desirable if, say, you wanted a certain Keldeo that was actually obtained from a Mystery Event, or a TRU Dragonite that was gotten when the event was going on, and not just duped. Legit is a subset of legal. RNG'd pokes are legit (though you'd be hard-pressed taking your Garchomp caught in 2026 into a tournament, I'm guessing). Pokemon distributed from dumps of distro carts are in a similar grey area, depending on how you look at it. Clones of legit pokes are legal, but not really legit themselves, but you may or may not care, depending on what sort of collector/breeder/battler you are.
Holy shit, now that's a great answer! Many thanks man.

JoeM86

so any guess well see one or two new pokemon a month for the next 9 months ?

Chances are it'll be similar to previous reveals. Next month we'll get one or two Pokémon who are a part of the movie, Extremespeed Genesect. The month after, or a month after that, we'll get a steady stream of a couple of new Pokémon a month, as well as bits of story, characters etc.

It's possible that we won't actually get any new game information next month outside of the movie Pokémon, and a cryptic remark about how to get them from the Movie into X & Y.

CoroCoro leak around the 11th/12th
US Official site update on the 14th
Japanese Official site update on the 15th

BraXzy

I know this has probably been asked before a million times but I want a second opinion..

I'm currently playing through Pokemon White, and don't know which follow up to get. I see the differences like White Forest / Black City, but read somewhere about keys you can send? But do you then lose access yourself? Can you still get both legendaries?

My friends has Black 2, if that helps?

JoeM86

I know this has probably been asked before a million times but I want a second opinion..

I'm currently playing through Pokemon White, and don't know which follow up to get. I see the differences like White Forest / Black City, but read somewhere about keys you can send? But do you then lose access yourself? Can you still get both legendaries?

My friends has Black 2, if that helps?

The Key System is only available within Black 2 & White 2. You don't lose access to the keys when you send them. Technically, you don't send the key but you unlock the feature for the other player. You need to earn the keys in order to do this. It doesn't give you access to the other legends (except Registeel/Regice). Got details here: Key System

ffdgh

Get white 2 to catch the dragon you didn't get in the first game. No you don't lose access to white forest. You'll have an option to switch between the two one you receive the black city key.

Edit: better description above.

BraXzy

The Key System is only available within Black 2 & White 2. You don't lose access to the keys when you send them. Technically, you don't send the key but you unlock the feature for the other player. You need to earn the keys in order to do this. It doesn't give you access to the other legends (except Registeel/Regice). Got details here: Key System

So would I be best off getting White 2 (since I already have White) and then me and my mate can access all parts of the game?

JoeM86

So would I be best off getting White 2 (since I already have White) and then me and my mate can access all parts of the game?

Yeah it would be logical. Plus, as said, you'll get a Reshiram in White 2, meaning you'll have both Reshiram and Zekrom between your own games

BraXzy

You'll have an option to switch between the two one you receive the black city key.

So you mean at the main menu you choose what you want in the game when it loads? And you can switch back?

Cheers for the advice, guess I'll be getting White 2! :) Roll on October!

ffdgh

So you mean at the main menu you choose what you want in the game when it loads? And you can switch back?

Cheers for the advice, guess I'll be getting White 2! :) Roll on October!

Yeah from an option called unova link->key system-> key system settings.

Fortnight until any potential news. :(

Mind you, it'll be worse after that; I predict months without any proper revelations after the movie Pokemon's released.

Refyref

I feel like I should take a shot at that comic blank. On the other hand, it feels like Chespin abuse. How could I live with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom