• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon DD Sales Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone worried about the size of Payday's community:

captureujbdm.jpg

wow! #1 in all PC games but most significantly #4 in all video games

vazel

Banned
For anyone worried about the size of Payday's community:

captureujbdm.jpg

wow! #1 in all PC games but most significantly #4 in all video games
Yea, but most of those people will probably just add it to their Steam backlog.

Despite my earlier worries I bought the game. You'll have to set the filter to worldwide to find a modest number of games but even then I rarely see lobbies fill up; you'll more often than not have to start games with only 2-3 people or join games already in progress.

The game does a good job of capturing the feel of movie shoot outs. If you're at all interested I would buy it now while the community is still semi-active.

Oreoleo

Or, you know, just get a buddy to go in on it with you. Co-op with randoms is lame.

Played a couple hours this afternoon with another GAF member and it was a lot of fun. With the promise of DLC on the horizon it seems like a pretty good value proposition.

vazel

Banned
Or, you know, just get a buddy to go in on it with you. Co-op with randoms is lame.

Played a couple hours this afternoon with another GAF member and it was a lot of fun. With the promise of DLC on the horizon it seems like a pretty good value proposition.
I've had no issues with randoms. Everyone always helps fallen teammates and lays down ammo and health bags for each other.

Sagitario

I would get Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood if it registered on Steam (only because I have the first two titles there).

- Warhammer 40K Space Marine : $14.99

- Red Faction Armageddon - $4.99

- Darksiders - $5.00 [double dipping, I have the X360 version]

Is the W40K: SP DLC worth it if I won't touch the multiplayer at all?

Fuck my wallet! Deus Ex: Human Revolution is on sale on Steam. WHY? D:

I would get Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood if it registered on Steam (only because I have the first two titles there).

- Warhammer 40K Space Marine : $14.99

- Red Faction Armageddon - $4.99

- Darksiders - $5.00 [double dipping, I have the X360 version]

Is the W40K: SP DLC worth it if I won't touch the multiplayer at all?

Fuck my wallet! Deus Ex: Human Revolution is on sale on Steam. WHY? D:

Our version of Deus Ex activates on steam as well...and we're at the same price :).

Cheers,
Tony

Holy shit at that Sim City 4 price. I have the physical version sitting on my shelves but I'll probably just re-buy it. Haven't played it since I got my most recent PC so I'll have to re-download all the custom buildings but it'll be so worth it.

Tony,

Any chance you guys can or ever will put the Tropico 4 DLC on sale? Snagged the game during the Christmas sale and had a blast with it and would love to grab some DLC but paying $5 for it when the game was $5 seems a bit silly, haha.

Hey there,

We don't have any plans for a Tropico 4 DLC, if/when we do though I'll update CAG and Nelo Ice!

Re: Max Payne 2

Bummer, thanks for the info though. So does that mean online activation? I still have my disc version and will probably just hang onto that if so. Still, a great deal.

It means a 1 time online activation, we make activation limits a null issue by issuing new keys if you run out of activations (information on this policy in the OP).

Cheers,
Tony

Sagitario

Oh... it does! :O

Why is not listed on the farewell to February page? :p

Augmented Edition... not sure if worth it.

[also, I hate not knowing what DLC is good and worth getting :(]

Oh... it does! :O

Why is not listed on the farewell to February page? :p

Augmented Edition... not sure if worth it.

[also, I hate not knowing what DLC is good and worth getting :(]

This is a price match and not part of the main promotion. Our policy is to make sure we're matched or below our main competitor's prices, so our customers know they can shop with confidence with us.

If you see a good Steam sale, and have Amazon credit or GC's, I'd check to see what our price is...if it isn't the same it is because our internet hamsters are running fast on their wheels but haven't made the price flip.

so if it registers on steam it means you get steam achievements, right>?

Yes, you can take the key straight from Amazon and pop it into Steam exactly as if you'd purchased from them...every human being who purchased Wargame European Escalation today (currently the 2nd most purchased game on Steam), paid an extra $4 for absolutely no reason...ALL of our new releases/pre-orders have some sort of offer, either a straight price discount, free game with purchase, or promotional credit to buy more video games from Amazon...wish I had a better way to tell people this!

Cheers,
Tony

vaelic

Banned
This is a price match and not part of the main promotion. Our policy is to make sure we're matched or below our main competitor's prices, so our customers know they can shop with confidence with us.

If you see a good Steam sale, and have Amazon credit or GC's, I'd check to see what our price is...if it isn't the same it is because our internet hamsters are running fast on their wheels but haven't made the price flip.

Yes, you can take the key straight from Amazon and pop it into Steam exactly as if you'd purchased from them...every human being who purchased Wargame European Escalation today (currently the 2nd most purchased game on Steam), paid an extra $4 for absolutely no reason...ALL of our new releases/pre-orders have some sort of offer, either a straight price discount, free game with purchase, or promotional credit to buy more video games from Amazon...wish I had a better way to tell people this!

Cheers,
Tony
ty!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
ALL the DoW2: Retribution DLC for $10 is mighty tempting...

Catshade

While it's not explicitly stated, you can redeem your Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance serial key (on sale for $3.75) on Steam and get the original Supreme Commander for free.

Sagitario

Warhammer 40K Space Marine, Red Faction Armageddon, Darksiders and Deus Ex.

Quick question: Space Marine and Deus Ex -> DLC -> Worth it?
[I am mostly a single player gamer, if that helps]

Quick question: Space Marine and Deus Ex -> DLC -> Worth it?
[I am mostly a single player gamer, if that helps]

All the Deus Ex DLC is singleplayer. Consider picking up the Missing Link as that is a proper chunk of SP gaming. The other 2 DLCs can be skipped.

All the Space Marine DLC is multiplayer only. If you're not going to bother with co-op in the game, then don't get any of the DLC.

Thanks for the heads up on Darksiders. Picked it up even though I wasn't crazy about the 360 version.

Definitely want to give it another shot before II drops.

Sagitario

All the Deus Ex DLC is singleplayer. Consider picking up the Missing Link as that is a proper chunk of SP gaming. The other 2 DLCs can be skipped.

All the Space Marine DLC is multiplayer only. If you're not going to bother with co-op in the game, then don't get any of the DLC.

Thank you :)

cicero

While it's not explicitly stated, you can redeem your Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance serial key (on sale for $3.75) on Steam and get the original Supreme Commander for free.
This also worked for me as well. Wow. Great find, Catshade. This is definitely worthy of being included in the OP.

Bah, picked up Armageddon and Forged Alliance. Tony, you are killing me. I hope my wife does not find out.

if she finds out she can hang out with my girlfriend and they can both complain to each other about their S/O's and our video game addiction...She calls League of Legends "The Robot Game" (because I play with Blitzcrank...).

Cheers,
Tony

AndyD

aka andydumi
if she finds out she can hang out with my girlfriend and they can both complain to each other about their S/O's and our video game addiction...She calls League of Legends "The Robot Game" (because I play with Blitzcrank...).

Cheers,
Tony

Oh she will find out as we share a steam account. So she notices when new games pop up. And she plays pretty regularly, just not always the same types of games I play.

But game night is on. We'll make it work.

Just when I said I was going to cut down my spending on games Amazon has Payday on sale. I'd feel like an idiot not buying it at $5 when I want it anyways so there goes my plan.

Oreoleo

I'm currently downloading "The Darkness 2". :rock:

I'd like to know how can I play it with Steam so I can get the achievements?

Well first, stop downloading it.

Open up your Amazon account and go to your orders. There should be a button below Darkness 2 that says something like "Show CD Key"

Take the key, put it into Steam (Games > Activate a product on Steam) and enjoy.

Ploid 3.0

Cheers,
Tony

I friggin love Amazon, they are too awesome. So many crazy deals, so many crazy bonuses for buying, and it's so easy to buy from them (a click away). Super power.

cicero

I friggin love Amazon, they are too awesome. So many crazy deals, so many crazy bonuses for buying, and it's so easy to buy from them (a click away). Super power.
Since the start of this year I have only bought one game direct through Steam, but I have purchased 13 through Amazon, 8 of them activating on Steam. It has been fantastic. Now I actually want games to go Steamworks so I will get a great deal down the road.

Since the start of this year I have only bought one game direct through Steam, but I have purchased 13 through Amazon, 8 of them activating on Steam. It has been fantastic. Now I actually want games to go Steamworks so I will get a great deal down the road.

Amazon is da bombazon!!!!

Hey there,

Posted this on CAG, thought I would share here:

I know the internet has been abuzz with commentary on "From Ashes" DLC for Mass Effect 3. Just wanted you guys to know that you'll get this DLC for free with the Digital Deluxe version, and we're also giving you a $10 credit to buy more video games (physical or digital) when you purchase.

Link

If you're interested in ME3 on the PC this is the best deal I've seen for it yet.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom